PDA

View Full Version : Stop criticizing Ron Pauls debate performances!

nedomedo
01-24-2012, 01:09 AM
I am sorry, but too many people are criticizing Dr. Paul for his debate performances. I recommend that you do not watch debates live any more, watch the highlights and you will see that he performs amazingly. People get too emotionally involved and angry and they exert this anger on Ron Paul...I would expect better from his fans. See, people watch the debates and they get amazed on how Romney or Gingrich answered a question (even though they are lying and all working for the banksters) and then when they see Ron Paul's honesty in comparison they start wishing that Ron Paul becomes the same sleazy politician like them so that he could win the CNN/FOX/MSNBC zombies vote. They want Ron Paul to change so that he could appeal to different groups. Fuck that. Ron Paul speaks from the heart, he does not get questions up front for review prior to debates like the rest. He is real folks, unlike these "plastic men" he is up against. He does what he can, its not his fault that the media has an agenda. And as we have witnessed before, every action has a reaction...when the media black him out all it does is hurt their credibility. Truth always wins in the end.

Oh, and stop saying why doesn't Ron Paul go after the media, or go after this and that....he is only one man he can't "go after" everything. That is what we are here for, to help him out. He is doing this for us.

People here fall into the illusion that the media sets up. They want to break our will and sadly they are successful. Ron Paul has answered every question intelligently tonight, and every answer he gave made me think deeply about the issue. He has brought up great points on Cuba and made Gingrich look retarded in my opinion. He pointed out that we are the ones that provoked Iran first, he reiterated that the federal government needs to stay out of state affairs. He brought up the fact that he wrote legislation that would stop the banking crises 10 months before it happened.....what else do you want?

TER
01-24-2012, 01:15 AM
We are hypercritical because we know how correct he is and it hurts us when Ron is marginalized. But his appeal is always growing, always increasing, steadily gaining in influence against the greatest odds in American history.

crh88
01-24-2012, 01:20 AM
I am sorry, but too many people are criticizing Dr. Paul for his debate performances. I recommend that you do not watch debates live any more, watch the highlights and you will see that he performs amazingly. People get too emotionally involved and angry and they exert this anger on Ron Paul...I would expect better from his fans. See, people watch the debates and they get amazed on how Romney or Gingrich answered a question (even though they are lying and all working for the banksters) and then when they see Ron Paul's honesty in comparison they start wishing that Ron Paul becomes the same sleazy politician like them so that he could win the CNN/FOX/MSNBC zombies vote. They want Ron Paul to change so that he could appeal to different groups. Fuck that. Ron Paul speaks from the heart, he does not get questions up front for review prior to debates like the rest. He is real folks, unlike these "plastic men" he is up against. He does what he can, its not his fault that the media has an agenda. And as we have witnessed before, every action has a reaction...when the media black him out all it does is hurt their credibility. Truth always wins in the end.

Oh, and stop saying why doesn't Ron Paul go after the media, or go after this and that....he is only one man he can't "go after" everything. That is what we are here for, to help him out. He is doing this for us.

People here fall into the illusion that the media sets up. They want to break our will and sadly they are successful. Ron Paul has answered every question intelligently tonight, and every answer he gave made me think deeply about the issue. He has brought up great points on Cuba and made Gingrich look retarded in my opinion. He pointed out that we are the ones that provoked Iran first, he reiterated that the federal government needs to stay out of state affairs. He brought up the fact that he wrote legislation that would stop the banking crises 10 months before it happened.....what else do you want?

I agree. Some of the guys around here should run for POTUS since they seem to be such experts on debate and campaign strategy. ;)

ZENemy
01-24-2012, 01:24 AM
The RP camp knows more then we know!

I'm sure we can trust them, I just watched the highlights and I thought he kicked ass! He really dropped some knowledge about interest rates and whole other host of issues you never hear about.

The way the Evil 3 look at RP when he speaks baffles me. I'm not sure what the look is, its as if hearing the truth in public leaves a void in there emotional response.

RonPaulMyPresident
01-24-2012, 01:24 AM
You're right. We want Ron Paul to be himself and not be another fake romney.

Ron Paul 2012.

Taco John
01-24-2012, 01:27 AM
Criticism is a valid part of the marketplace of ideas. Dr. Paul would appreciate valid criticism to improve his delivery.

Constitutional Paulicy
01-24-2012, 01:28 AM
Ya, there is a thread that has gone way too far. One member said he thinks it was a mistake for Dr. Paul to run again. It's really pathetic.

eleganz
01-24-2012, 01:30 AM
Don't you guys know? Everybody on the internet is an expert at everything!

moonshine5757
01-24-2012, 01:32 AM
Stop criticizing? Which also means, stop sharing your opinion. Lame thread. People are entitled to their opinion and should be free to voice that opinion even if it hurts you to think that not everyone agrees with you. These type of threads make me sick. freedom! BTW I gave Ron strong marks today on his debate skills in the grading thread, so I'm sticking up for the people who have some opinions that don't match my own. That's the way it should be. That is all.

crh88

Pssh, of course we know, we're all experts! :p

Constitutional Paulicy

They need a reality check.

ForLiberty2012
01-24-2012, 01:35 AM
Criticism is good as long and it's constructive. Such as, if Ron Paul had mentioned this, he would have solidified his point better. But, just mindlessly complaining about his performance is not very productive to our cause.

nedomedo
01-24-2012, 01:37 AM
Stop criticizing? Which also means, stop sharing your opinion. Lame thread. People are entitled to their opinion and should be free to voice that opinion even if it hurts you to think that not everyone agrees with you. These type of threads make me sick. freedom! BTW I gave Ron strong marks today on his debate skills in the grading thread, so I'm sticking up for the people who have some opinions that don't match my own. That's the way it should be. That is all.

Look. there is nothing worse than coming onto the forums after the debates and seeing all this negativity...it makes it look like we are falling apart as supporters. It gives the perception that there is no hope if you will.

I have seen some pretty disgusting comments about Ron Paul tonight on the boards, maybe you missed them.

Constitutional Paulicy
01-24-2012, 01:37 AM
Stop criticizing? Which also means, stop sharing your opinion. Lame thread. People are entitled to their opinion and should be free to voice that opinion even if it hurts you to think that not everyone agrees with you. These type of threads make me sick. freedom!

The freedom to criticize is fine. But to say what they say is another matter. We are criticizing their ridiculous opinions. You say you hate these threads because we are disapproving of their behavior. Are you saying we are not free to speak our minds. Sounds pretty hypocritical is you ask me.

affa
01-24-2012, 01:38 AM
there is a line. criticism is fine.

but every debate, we get one or two people saying 'this is over. that answer marks the end of his campaign. we need to stop giving money to the campaign".

we had at least one person saying basically exactly that. i won't mention bushlied's name.

crh88
01-24-2012, 01:38 AM
Stop criticizing? Which also means, stop sharing you opinion. Lame thread. People are entitled to their opinion and should be free to voice that opinion even if it hurts you to think that not everyone agrees with you. These type of threads make me sick. freedom! BTW I gave Ron strong marks today on his debate skills in the grading thread, so I'm sticking up for the people who have some opinions that don't match my own. That's the way it should be. That is all.

He didn't say the others should be banned... No one is advocating against freedom. He's just talking about how ridiculous and prominent all the criticism is, and usually without justification. This is a Ron Paul grassroots forum, not a "What I would do if I were Ron Paul' forum. And really, we're simply criticizing the criticizers, so why do you hate us for our freedom of opinion on that? :p

freneticentropy
01-24-2012, 01:39 AM
Calm down. Paul himself admits that sometimes he's not the best messenger. I love Paul, but his delivery could use some improvement. People aren't criticizing him so much as pointing out areas he could improve or things he could say. Of course, it is a lot easier to armchair quarterback than to stand there in front of millions of people and get grilled by hostile moderators.

slamhead
01-24-2012, 01:39 AM
It was after SC in 08 where things got really exciting. Get ready to rock the country. Things are going to happen fast now.

nedomedo
01-24-2012, 01:42 AM
Calm down. Paul himself admits that sometimes he's not the best messenger. I love Paul, but his delivery could use some improvement. People aren't criticizing him so much as pointing out areas he could improve or things he could say. Of course, it is a lot easier to armchair quarterback than to stand there in front of millions of people and get grilled by hostile moderators.

Sure, that is not what I am talking about. Almost after every debate there are people saying that "its over he can't make it" or "this debate performance will hurt the campaign" "Ron Paul disappointed me tonight, there is nowhere else he can go"

This kind of attitude ruins the momentum we are building, and it may have a negative effect on the money going into the campaign.

Constitutional Paulicy
01-24-2012, 01:44 AM

This is called constructive criticism. What people in this thread are upset about is the destructive criticism that is almost comical if it wasn't so sad. They have no idea what they are talking about at times. They think they are schooling Doug Wead.

TER
01-24-2012, 01:44 AM
We should be free to criticize if we feel it is to help get Ron Paul elected. If it will only lead to uncertainty in the mind of someone who can be misled, then we should speak or type carefully and to the best of our abilities, at all times promoting peace, justice, the rule of law, and the Constitution of the United States, so help us God.

nedomedo
01-24-2012, 01:47 AM
We should be free to criticize if we feel it is to help get Ron Paul elected. If it will only lead to uncertainty in the mind of someone who can be misled, then we should speak or type carefully and to the best of our abilities, at all times promoting peace, justice, the rule of law, and the Constitution of the United States, so help us God.

I agree, nicely said.

moonshine5757
01-24-2012, 02:03 AM
To reply to everyone that replied to me. My issue is with the use of the words "Stop Criticizing" and "Stop Saying." That isn't sharing an opinion, that is issuing a directive.

TER
01-24-2012, 02:13 AM
To reply to everyone that replied to me. My issue is with the use of the words "Stop Criticizing" and "Stop Saying." That isn't sharing an opinion, that is issuing a directive.

No, it's a suggestion.

NewRightLibertarian
01-24-2012, 02:16 AM
Look. there is nothing worse than coming onto the forums after the debates and seeing all this negativity...it makes it look like we are falling apart as supporters. It gives the perception that there is no hope if you will.

I have seen some pretty disgusting comments about Ron Paul tonight on the boards, maybe you missed them.

Well said. These boards have been practically unbearable with the amount of nonsense posted in recent weeks. I don't know if it's trolls or what, but the level of discourse around here has dropped sharply. These armchair experts posting 'What Ron Paul needs to say!!!' are among the worst of it.

tttppp
01-24-2012, 02:17 AM
The RP camp knows more then we know!

I'm sure we can trust them, I just watched the highlights and I thought he kicked ass! He really dropped some knowledge about interest rates and whole other host of issues you never hear about.

The way the Evil 3 look at RP when he speaks baffles me. I'm not sure what the look is, its as if hearing the truth in public leaves a void in there emotional response.

Wouldn't it be great if they had a monetary policy debate? Ron Paul is the only one who knows anything about monetary policy. He would absolutely embarrass them on that subject.

tttppp
01-24-2012, 02:20 AM
The only thing from Ron Paul that I didn't like from him was saying positive things about Newt. I think its ok for him to say he's glad he supports the repeal of Dodd-Frank and Sarbanes-Oxely but he should have emphasised Newt has a long way to go.

Feeding the Abscess
01-24-2012, 02:20 AM
Ya, there is a thread that has gone way too far. One member said he thinks it was a mistake for Dr. Paul to run again. It's really pathetic.

Who the hell said that?

amonasro
01-24-2012, 02:21 AM
Well said. Ron Paul does not go crying to Carol every time a debate doesn't go in his favor. His entire effing career has been marginalized and yet he keeps fighting. We would do well to adopt the same attitude.

Constitutional Paulicy
01-24-2012, 03:14 AM
Who the hell said that?

MisterTickle..........

Midway down the page........ http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?354955-Ron-Paul-needs-to-take-off-the-white-gloves

stillhere
01-24-2012, 03:15 AM
You are right...we have no right to criticize a performance. We should be sheep like the people who support Mitt and Newt.

MadOdorMachine
01-24-2012, 03:26 AM

I don't think anybody wants Ron Paul to lie. I myself am critical of his debate performance and he is as well. The problem is, he needs to improve quite a bit in that area if he ever wants to win. It is a problem and you are lying to yourself if you don't think he can do better. He has admitted himself that he is not a very good messenger.

The problem is that he fails at using the time he has effectively. He needs to use the time he has to talk about issues that are important because the media isn't going to ask them. It's obvious the debates don't even cover real issues anymore. He needs to inject them into the debates. Yes, he can answer their question, but then he needs to use his time to get to real issues. They won't ask him important questions because they know he will do well there.

I would also argue the point that he is making Gingrich or Romney look retarded. If that were the case, he would be doing much better in the polls. The fact is, they are much better at debating than him, but it doesn't matter. He needs to contrast himself from them and he isn't doing it as well as he could.

amonasro
01-24-2012, 03:28 AM
You are right...we have no right to criticize a performance. We should be sheep like the people who support Mitt and Newt.

No we're not saying that. We're saying keep it in perspective. Ron is not going to become a great public speaker overnight.

Constitutional Paulicy
01-24-2012, 03:37 AM
No we're not saying that. We're saying keep it in perspective. Ron is not going to become a great public speaker overnight.

Some people dont know how to reply to a thread without making extreme statements. I actually think it's their objective or they simply dont reply. Which is what people seem to be upset with.....

Oh my god we might as well stop donating. What's the point When "the man in the bubble" cant spin shit like the Grinch

The chicken little shit has got to stop.

BTW "the man in the bubble" was actually a term a member used yesterday to describe Dr. Paul. :rolleyes: