PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul is Effectively 3rd Nationwide

dt_
11-11-2007, 02:44 PM
Here's my logic,

Giuliani and Romney are staying roughly at the top, but the McCain and Thompson campaigns are losing steam quickly while RP's is gaining massive support. I think after Dec. 16 we will be able to place him above Fred and McCain. And that's nationwide. If we are looking at primary states, he'll probably get a boost in Iowa and certainly in NH. :D

Keep on workin' hard folks, the revolution is pulling an all-nighter.

UtahApocalypse
11-11-2007, 02:46 PM
If you avrage out all the straw polls he is at 2.2 just behind Mitt, funny that Ghoul actually places about 4th yet is considered to be the front runner.

Jordan
11-11-2007, 02:49 PM
After the Tea Party we'll be an effective 2-3. Thompson is done, and McCain has been done. The best thing that could happen to us is Rudy, Romney, Paul and Huckabee in the top 4 with Thompson picking up the remainder NeoCon vote.

We've got the vote spread so thin and support growing so fast that we can win this election. We just need to keep doing what we're doing and give HQ as much support financially and word of mouth as we can. After this quarter, it will be our election to lose IMO.

Jwaksman
11-11-2007, 02:52 PM
Here's my logic,

Giuliani and Romney are staying roughly at the top, but the McCain and Thompson campaigns are losing steam quickly while RP's is gaining massive support. I think after Dec. 16 we will be able to place him above Fred and McCain. And that's nationwide. If we are looking at primary states, he'll probably get a boost in Iowa and certainly in NH. :D

Keep on workin' hard folks, the revolution is pulling an all-nighter.

Nah, as much as it pains me to say it, Huck is ahead of us right now in terms of where we stand in everything but money. We're probably 5th right now. The fact that we have all this money is great, but we have to use to move up the standings. Right now we're in 6th in Iowa and 4th in New Hampshire.

Our next step is to pass McCain in Iowa and New Hampshire, which would move us into 4th nationally. The next person to catch is Giuliani, who is beatable in Iowa AND New Hampshire. He still has great poll numbers in NH, but poll after poll shows that his support is soft. His high poll numbers are not locked in, especially if we beat him in Iowa.

terlinguatx
11-11-2007, 02:53 PM

Jwaksman
11-11-2007, 02:53 PM
After the Tea Party we'll be an effective 2-3. Thompson is done, and McCain has been done. The best thing that could happen to us is Rudy, Romney, Paul and Huckabee in the top 4 with Thompson picking up the remainder NeoCon vote.

Thompson is pretty much done, but I wouldn't write McCain off yet. He has actually been improving a bit in national polls. That's why it's important for us to pull ahead of him in New Hampshire, and he's certainly in striking distance.

Paulitician
11-11-2007, 02:55 PM
I would agree. Ron Paul is top tier when it comes to most metrics. He just isn't "mainstream" yet, but we can change all that.

syborius
11-11-2007, 03:02 PM
If you avrage out all the straw polls he is at 2.2 just behind Mitt, funny that Ghoul actually places about 4th yet is considered to be the front runner.

ghouliani has the most corporate support, corporate-media support. that's the only reason he is mentioned daily.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
11-11-2007, 03:08 PM
We have the advantage. People will actually show up to vote for our candidate.

Wyurm
11-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Something I noticed and found very interesting is that alot of the "hardcore" Republicans don't vote in the primaries. They do whatever the party decides. I was told quite a bit during Republican day at the State Fair in IL: "I just vote for whoever the Republican Party nominates" or "I'm a Republican, I'll vote for the Republican candidate", etc.... Its actually quite encouraging, but also means we can't stop working. We have to make sure we get all our delegates in place and all our other positions filled. Ron Paul has to appear on every single ballot in the country.

jamesmadison
11-11-2007, 03:18 PM
This campaign is the only one with dedicated members that is gaining traction. The others are loosing and clawing over the neocon vote.

jamesmadison
11-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Something I noticed and found very interesting is that alot of the "hardcore" Republicans don't vote in the primaries. They do whatever the party decides. I was told quite a bit during Republican day at the State Fair in IL: "I just vote for whoever the Republican Party nominates" or "I'm a Republican, I'll vote for the Republican candidate", etc.... Its actually quite encouraging, but also means we can't stop working. We have to make sure we get all our delegates in place and all our other positions filled. Ron Paul has to appear on every single ballot in the country.

True. Good point.

The masses will vote Republican come election time - the dedicated republicans are more likely to know the issues, know ron paul, and vote for the candidate that best fits their ideology. Unless they're all seniors - not sure if they vote in primaries though.

Primbs
11-11-2007, 04:02 PM
We are behind in the polls, but we are the only campaign with massive upward momentum.

That is where we want to be, moving forward and higher in the polls.

justinc.1089
11-11-2007, 04:07 PM
Are you guys kidding me?

Guiliani #1?

No way. He actually doesn't even really have a chance of getting the nomination.

He is waaaaay too warmongering to win in New Hampshire, and he is absolutely no way going to come close to winning SC. In fact, he is going to be near the bottom in SC. The only people he is going to beat here are Tancredo and Hunter, if they're still in then. Paul, Thompson, Huckabee, Romney, and McCain will all do better in SC than Giuliani.

South Carolina will NOT vote Giuliani as the winner here. The best he can hope for here is 4th probably.

And I seriously seriously doubt he can win New Hampshire either. He is just too war mongerish for New Hampshire, which is also why I think Paul will win New Hampshire.

ConstitutionGal
11-11-2007, 04:18 PM
The masses will vote Republican come election time - the dedicated republicans are more likely to know the issues, know ron paul, and vote for the candidate that best fits their ideology. Unless they're all seniors - not sure if they vote in primaries though.

Sadly, for us at this point, a LOT of the folks that actually vote in the primaries are the older folks - just as they are generally the ones who sign up as poll-watchers. This is an area, IMHO, that we are overlooking - we NEED poll-watchers in EVERY precinct in every district. They must be approved by the candidate so I'm not sure how we're going to accomplish this but we DO need to start thinking about to try and head off any possible shenagins that might crop up as well as to keep an eye on any 'malfunctioning' voting machines (which has happened here in TN quite often during the last couple of election cycles).

Silverback
11-11-2007, 04:22 PM
5% with 100% turnout > 40% with 10% turnout.

We don't necessarily need to win any national polls to win the nomination, primaries and especially caucuses are won by showing up.

RP has the best chance to win WA delegates, all we need to do is win in NH and the nomination is ours.

We'll be in double digits nationally by new years, Carter never saw double digits until Iowa.

justinc.1089
11-11-2007, 04:29 PM
I feel certain we're going to win New Hampshire since they went to McCain before and not Bush. But something to remember there is McCain won NH and the nomination was not his.

South Carolina is going to be tough for Paul because Romney and Thompson are strong here too. And Huckabee is going to get a big enough vote here to be a factor, but he is not going to win, just get a lot of votes. It might get him a vp position though I suppose. If we win New Hampshire though it will make SC a lot easier for Paul.

hasan
11-11-2007, 04:31 PM
guys the fact is it doesn't matter who giuliani or romney are. sad truth is it doesn't matter if you are right but whether you can prove the other person wrong and thats what they are trying to do. our advantage is we are right and we can prove the other candidates wrong.

dt_
11-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Of course, we must continue to step up our efforts. :)

stewie3128
11-12-2007, 01:30 AM
Sadly, for us at this point, a LOT of the folks that actually vote in the primaries are the older folks - just as they are generally the ones who sign up as poll-watchers. ...

This is why I think it's so great that RP was on Disgrace the Nation earlier today - old people LOVE that show. He even talked about his first time using a computer, in a manner that those viewers could identify with. :)

american.swan
11-12-2007, 01:48 AM

We've got the vote spread so thin and support growing so fast that we can win this election. We just need to keep doing what we're doing and give HQ as much support financially and word of mouth as we can. After this quarter, it will be our election to lose IMO.

It seems simple to me.

Call call call. Call all the previous independent and Republican voters and encourage them to vote for Ron Paul in the primaries. (yes some primaries are closed)

Hand our slim-jims and make banners that not only say his name, but also some fact about him. Example: one week have a sign that says his name, then each following week have a different sign saying a different point he makes.

These are our only chance and hope. Everything else won't be enough in my mind. Being lazy is going to be our down fall.

Primbs
11-12-2007, 01:52 AM
Older people relate well and have personal experience with watching the currency get debased. Many remember 25,000 dollar houses, ten cent candy bars etc.