PDA

View Full Version : I need fact checkers and opinions please.

Kandilynn
01-23-2012, 11:59 PM
I have been working on this comparison chart of the Republican candidates. I have been scouring the campaign websites to get information. I ran out of room to put many topics. If you guys think anything needs to be added or changed let me know.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17hiDqoT7qvLWBxeYp1nMkQvj3uOW_l5vMr77uuTeY0w/edit

crh88
01-24-2012, 12:20 AM
I like the way you worded Dr. Paul's position. I would suggest hitting Gingrich harder on Taxes, since he doesn't really come off bad there, just not as good as Dr. Paul. You could always add in phrases like "Supports the income tax," to help paint a sharper contrast. Loved the Gun Right's section. For foreign policy, you could hit Romney and Gingrich harder with stuff like: "Supports nation building. Supports dictatorial powers for the President to go to war at any time. Supports indefinite detention of American citizens." You could target Gingrich even harder if you wanted, since he's always talking about bombing someone. I feel like the Economy section is too mild on Romney, but I'm not sure exactly what to do there. Maybe show how insignificant $20 billion is by putting the percentage of the cut? Also, does he even support real cuts, or are those just cuts to proposed increases?

Kandilynn
01-24-2012, 12:48 AM
I made some of those changes. The biggest problem is that the writing is getting really small. There is too much information and not enough space.

jolynna
02-24-2012, 11:50 AM
Good job. I just printed out 3 sheets of what you have so far to give to my father-in-law and my mother and my brother.

I like that you have made it so easy for people to use for comparison.

Tannenzäpfle
02-27-2012, 09:53 PM
If you'll be printing it out and handing it out to people, make sure you take a couple of print outs and sit down with it and a pen to see what you can compress or move around. Also, make sure it looks attractive when held at arm's length.