PDA

View Full Version : Green: Voting for Ron Paul restores respect for law and tradition

sailingaway
01-23-2012, 11:26 PM
Green: Voting for Ron Paul restores respect for law and tradition
http://www.dailynebraskan.com/opinion/green-voting-for-ron-paul-restores-respect-for-law-and-tradition-1.2688911#.Tx5A8aUS3SR

dbird
01-24-2012, 01:05 AM
Pretty good article overall... I think the author does a good job of presenting a seemingly reluctant, non-threatening argument for supporting Dr. Paul to both Conservatives and Liberals. I used a similar method to break the ice with some diehard Republican and Democrat friends and family during the 2008 run, and it worked pretty well in cases where presenting his stance on liberty and "the issues" fell short...

Basically, removing power from the presidency/government and restoring power to the states will help prevent future Republicans/Democrats (depending on the person you're talking to) from nationally [banning guns, banning gay marriage, etc. etc.] You no longer have to "leave the country" when your worst nightmare is enacted, just move to a different state...

I think he goes a little too far at the beginning when he says that he doesn't think that all of Ron Paul's solutions "are perfect, or even good" (can't really tell if that's his real stance, or just a soft opening to keep Ron Paul doubters from immediately going into a defensive mindset), but I do like how he presents an argument for supporting Ron Paul regardless of how the reader feels about his stance on the issues...