PDA

View Full Version : Why in the World ...

Fraulein
01-23-2012, 10:47 PM
Why in the world didn't Paul bring up the TSA incident? He is the champion of liberty and his son was unlawfully detained today as a direct result of the police-state ... and not a peep. He should have spit the Florida glades answer out in 10 seconds and then used his time to talk about the TSA incident. It was a perfect chance. God, so frustrating.

And then we have Santorum and Gingrich who are both literally unelectable and Ron doesn't even attempt to educate the voters. People need to know this. People won't vote for them if they know there is no way they will win the nomination.

What is going on here?

Muttley
01-23-2012, 10:50 PM
You have to put yourself in his shoes. I know he's been in these situations 100's of times, but ask yourself, how many times have you wished you had said something to someone in the heat of an argument but didn't. It's the same scenario here. Beyond that, there wasn't an opportunity for it. It will come up..don't worry.

schiffheadbaby
01-23-2012, 10:51 PM
Why in the world didn't Paul bring up the TSA incident? He is the champion of liberty and his son was unlawfully detained today as a direct result of the police-state ... and not a peep. He should have spit the Florida glades answer out in 10 seconds and then used his time to talk about the TSA incident. It was a perfect chance. God, so frustrating.

And then we have Santorum and Gingrich who are both literally unelectable and Ron doesn't even attempt to educate the voters. People need to know this. People won't vote for them if they know there is no way they will win the nomination.

What is going on here?

Welcome.

I'm more disappointed he didn't expose the other candidates for the frauds they are.

Both Santorum and Gingrich supported huge, huge expansions of government and now claim to be true conservatives.

Anarchist
01-23-2012, 10:52 PM
Good question. You might want to put your question and comment in an e-mail and forward it to the campaign. It might just someones attention

Muwahid
01-23-2012, 10:52 PM
You just want him to randomly say "Oh hey my Son was detained by the TSA, allow me to go off on a tangent about that" they hardly let him talk, before u knew it it was over. I agree with Muttley, we all think what we shoulda done or said but in the moment, its not so simple

dbill27
01-23-2012, 10:54 PM
There wasn't a chance to discuss it tonight, no big deal.

Fraulein
01-23-2012, 10:58 PM
There wasn't a chance to discuss it tonight, no big deal.

Ron Paul losing the nomination is a big deal composed of a collective amount of "no big deals". This is serious business.

The TSA thing was hit or miss. He missed.

But the electability issue with Santorum/Gingrich is so incredibly frustrating I don't even know where to begin. I'm pissed.

Those two are going to end up on the ballets because noone is willing to make an issue out of it. You watch.

kezt777
01-23-2012, 10:59 PM
I agree that there really wasn't any place for RP to comment on that incident tonight. The others take things off tangent so often as it is, you forget what on earth the question was. Between Newt's endless peddling of his Reagan years (I am going to have to start a drinking game for how many times he refers to the good ole days) and Romney talking of being a businessman and Santorum and Newt and Romney badgering each other relentlessly - the topics go haywire enough. And of course, the moderator does not take this very current event into consideration and ask a question about it even though it has something to do with the safety of the nation (aka foreign policy, national defense, etc). John King was quick to jump at Newt about his ex wife's very recent comments at the last debate but crickets chirp over Rand's TSA adventures. No surprise there.

Voluntary Man
01-23-2012, 11:06 PM
He did great!

www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?354638-Why-Ron-is-the-BEST-Possible-Candidate-EVER&p=4082294#post4082294

mport1
01-23-2012, 11:08 PM
I don't understand why he didn't bring this up in his what is a "conservative" answer. He was mentioning examples of big government intrusion on civil liberties and he didn't mention this. I really don't get it.

ghent
01-23-2012, 11:17 PM
I'm new here, first post, but I've been a supporter since 2007.

After watching the debate tonight it's pretty clear that if the media is going to continue to shove Paul into the fringe candidate role, he is going to have to forcefully get himself out of it. When he finally gets a chance to speak in these debates, he needs to make as many points as possible, even if they go off topic. Instead of rambling, he should come into the debate with a short speech memorized that prevents himself from being marginalized.

When asked about youth support, he needs to brag about it more and explain that the reason why he has the youth vote is because young people use the internet. With the media ignoring him, it is the only way to find out about him. He needs to explain this to people.

Also, instead of taking the high road and not attacking other candidates, he needs to engage them. The only way to get time in these things is to make comments that require rebuttals from other candidates. He is playing into the other candidate's hands by letting them compliment him. It neutralizes his message when they do that.

I know that Paul has a hard time debating like other candidates, but there is no reason that he should sit on the sidelines like he did tonight. The main goal for the campaign at this point should be to get Santorum out of the race. With him gone, Paul can clearly position himself against the establishment. With Newt and Romney tearing each other down, he will gain protest votes and be heard in the debates.

If I was Paul, Santorum would be my main target this week. Finish above him in Florida and he is very likely to drop out.