PDA

View Full Version : Economic: Liquidate the Debt

Simple
01-23-2012, 10:46 PM
When Ron Paul says liquidate the debt what does that mean? The Obama administration is attempting to corporatise the housing market in what has been described as the largest transfer of wealth in history. Are public auctions the free market solution? Could people buy the homes they are in? What does the liquidation of debt mean to a Florida homeowner?

torchbearer
01-23-2012, 10:52 PM
it means when the banking crisis happened, those companies should have gone bankrupt, their debts wiped out, and their good assets sold off.
instead- they were given full value for the bad debts, and that debt was transfered to us.
now we are paying back their debt, and they are betting big again.

anaconda
01-23-2012, 11:04 PM
Can the Fed be sued? After all, it is a private bank...It is insolvent and should be closed down.

rpwi
01-24-2012, 12:16 PM
I assume he is talking about the financial institutions holding onto loans to home owners. The reason so many financial institutions have not gone bankrupt is because the government has and is continuing to bail them out. Stop the bailouts, these financial institutions rightfully die, and the system starts to regenerate itself. Don't think Paul was talking about forcing liquidations onto individual contracts...just stopping corporate welfare.

Simple
01-24-2012, 03:59 PM
I was trying to tie in what I was reading about the latest Obama fix on the housing market, but I can't find a source at the moment so let me rephrase the question.

Whenever someone asks Ron Paul what we need to do to fix the economy he says liquidate the debt, sometimes mentions home pricing falling, but the average viewer is like WTF. I've seen people asking about it even in these forums so it is something that desperately needs to be addressed. What exactly is Ron Paul proposing to fix the economy?

torchbearer
01-24-2012, 04:02 PM
I was trying to tie in what I was reading about the latest Obama fix on the housing market, but I can't find a source at the moment so let me rephrase the question.

Whenever someone asks Ron Paul what we need to do to fix the economy he says liquidate the debt, sometimes mentions home pricing falling, but the average viewer is like WTF. I've seen people asking about it even in these forums so it is something that desperately needs to be addressed. What exactly is Ron Paul proposing to fix the economy?

the debt that was strapped on to the tax payer from this bank bailouts are to be wiped off the books as in a bankruptcy.
most of it is held by the federal reserve.
the reason his opponents don't bring it up and is because they don't want people to realize what the bailouts were really about.
it was about keep the debts on the books so the banks can keep you enslaved.