PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul to be in Maine this weekend

Badger Paul
01-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Granted its (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=ron%20paul&source=newssearch&cd=8&ved=0CFoQqQIwBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbangordailynews.com%2F2012%2F01%2 F23%2Fpolitics%2Fron-paul-plans-maine-visit-as-gop-prepares-for-caucuses%2F&ctbm=nws&ei=ZC8eT5PaFdS-gAeN0IyzDw&usg=AFQjCNHNNXbRKcYBAL-G6YMWtHIm05yDoA&cad=rja) not sunny Florida but for the campaign its more important

Chowder
01-23-2012, 11:30 PM
Yes he's going to Maine! The first candidate in the race to do so! Cmon grab those states Ron Paul!

RonPaul101.com
01-24-2012, 08:47 AM
He better make time for NV (and MN) too !!!

seapilot
01-24-2012, 06:13 PM
In Maine he does not need many voters to win. A half a dozen stops he could do well there. I cant remember if he even visited there last election cycle. I think his getting a jump on Romney and the others in these caucus states while they fight it out in Florida was a smart move.

ChrisDixon
01-24-2012, 07:36 PM
As far as I know, the Paul campaign is the only official presence here. Ann Romney and others in the family tree have been here a time or two, but I don't think Romney has official ground game here.

Things are looking better for us.

BUT, holy crap I can't emphasize it enough, Ron better hit foreign policy hard and well at these Town Halls this weekend. I know many people who like Paul but aren't convinced he can defend our nation. If Paul could hit it out of the park, we score big. The bases are loaded, either he strikes out or hits a grand slam.

boethius27
01-24-2012, 08:21 PM
When and Where?

RickyJ
01-24-2012, 08:29 PM
When and Where?
This weekend, Maine. :D

eleganz
01-24-2012, 09:44 PM
How does the ground game and organization look there for Maine? I hope you guys pull this off....!

As far as I know, the Paul campaign is the only official presence here. Ann Romney and others in the family tree have been here a time or two, but I don't think Romney has official ground game here.

Things are looking better for us.

BUT, holy crap I can't emphasize it enough, Ron better hit foreign policy hard and well at these Town Halls this weekend. I know many people who like Paul but aren't convinced he can defend our nation. If Paul could hit it out of the park, we score big. The bases are loaded, either he strikes out or hits a grand slam.

seapilot
01-25-2012, 12:39 AM

He usually does better in a town hall than at a debate. A lot more relaxed as he is not time limited and getting BS questions. Maybe you can go attend and throw him a softball question on how he would defend the country if attacked.

tuggy24g
01-25-2012, 07:57 AM
Is there anyone from Maine on this forum? Maybe we can see how things are going down there.

lib3rtarian
01-25-2012, 08:45 AM
Folks from ME, can you guys give us a rundown on how things look there? I have started to getting jittery. We need to get ME.

ChrisDixon
01-25-2012, 09:37 AM
He usually does better in a town hall than at a debate. A lot more relaxed as he is not time limited and getting BS questions. Maybe you can go attend and throw him a softball question on how he would defend the country if attacked.

I planned on it. I love throwing softballs to friendly politicians to properly convey a point. :)

Is there anyone from Maine on this forum? Maybe we can see how things are going down there.

Folks from ME, can you guys give us a rundown on how things look there? I have started to getting jittery. We need to get ME.

The ground game is looking pretty good. We've had the campaign up here for a little while now and the leadership is great. We have county coordinators, myself one of them, in place. We still have a lot of work to do, but it can be done. I'm optimistic.

I can't emphasize enough though, still, and I hate sounding like a broken record, the need for Ron to hit a home run on foreign policy this weekend. I know a good number of people who love Paul, but have serious concerns about Sharia Law or Iran.

If Ron could just say:

"Sharia Law? The Constitution is the supreme law of the land, nothing else. I will stand by our Republic."

AND

"IF my intelligence indicates there is a serious threat, I will get a declaration from the Congress, attack full force and do the job, then come home."

We win so much support. But right now, many people are shifting to Santorum because of foreign policy. When I frame things like those above two quotes with people, they love it. But they want to hear it from Ron, because he doesn't inspire confidence in them on foreign policy.

Many people here are sold on Paul's domestic policy easily, but foreign policy is a serious roadblock. It would really help our ground game if the campaign works on this point...

HOLLYWOOD
01-25-2012, 10:51 AM
How's the organization going to get the student/campus vote out for the caucus?

I planned on it. I love throwing softballs to friendly politicians to properly convey a point. :)

The ground game is looking pretty good. We've had the campaign up here for a little while now and the leadership is great. We have county coordinators, myself one of them, in place. We still have a lot of work to do, but it can be done. I'm optimistic.

I can't emphasize enough though, still, and I hate sounding like a broken record, the need for Ron to hit a home run on foreign policy this weekend. I know a good number of people who love Paul, but have serious concerns about Sharia Law or Iran.

If Ron could just say:

"Sharia Law? The Constitution is the supreme law of the land, nothing else. I will stand by our Republic."

AND

"IF my intelligence indicates there is a serious threat, I will get a declaration from the Congress, attack full force and do the job, then come home."

We win so much support. But right now, many people are shifting to Santorum because of foreign policy. When I frame things like those above two quotes with people, they love it. But they want to hear it from Ron, because he doesn't inspire confidence in them on foreign policy.

Many people here are sold on Paul's domestic policy easily, but foreign policy is a serious roadblock. It would really help our ground game if the campaign works on this point...

ChrisDixon
01-25-2012, 11:03 AM
How's the organization going to get the student/campus vote out for the caucus?

I'm not sure personally. I'm only a volunteer county coordinator, but I know we have a Youth for Ron Paul chapter that is active and a strong leader behind that, so I have faith those details are being ironed out. We have a great core here.

parocks
01-26-2012, 08:39 AM
University of Maine Orono Public Research university 11,435

seapilot
01-26-2012, 10:07 AM

If Ron could just say:

AND

The question on Sharia Law is interesting and might score points with people that are concerned with his foreign policy. We all know his answer about a serious threat if he has time as in going to war with another nation and declaring war as they should have done with Libya, Iraq, Korea etc.

The question that I figured out where I never heard him ever get asked if he were president is about IMMINENT THREAT. No time to go to consult congress but there is a confirmed intelligence that the US is under IMMINENT THREAT of attack by a group of individuals with in an hour. How he answers that would put to rest many peoples major concerns about him keeping the USA safe from Terrorists. I know this is a Hollywood scenario but this is what many people believe that Ron Paul would not launch an attack to save peoples lives in an imminent threat from attack.

An example of a question a person could ask is this.

There is confirmed intelligence that a large cargo aircraft on its way to the US has been hijacked by people that want to do harm to USA. There is no time to go to congress, how would a President Paul respond to that imminent threat?

I believe if he answers confidently such as I would use all my resources as president to protect lives and neutralize the threat, peoples fears about his foreign policy would be for the most part put to rest. I know it is a hypothetical question but if Ron Paul is asked that and answers it confidently with conviction he will win a lot of votes. Most These people that have fear of another terrorist attack do not care why people attack us only that the president will protect us.

Clox
01-27-2012, 01:27 PM
I was in Maine last weekend visiting my aunt who lives 10 min away from stone church over on union st. where Dr. Paul was this morning!!!! I WAS SOOOO ANNOYED!!! IF I had known I would have gone down THIS weekend!!! But I live 4hrs away and had no money to drive down. A big storm is hitting this area so I am anxious to hear if the event went ahead.

Oh well.. Last weekend my son and I were at the Bangor mall sporting our RON PAUL REVOLUTION shirts!! Got some positive comments and smiles of approval too!!

So anyone with pics or vids of his visit today. PLEASE POST!

Clox
01-27-2012, 03:33 PM
http://bangordailynews.com/2012/01/27/politics/ron-paul-kicks-off-two-day-tour-of-maine-in-bangor/?ref=videos Some vid from maine this morning! :)

CavortingChicken
01-28-2012, 07:11 PM

haha hey tuggy we live in the same town haha crazy!