ConsideringRonPaul
01-23-2012, 09:45 PM
A-

TravisforPaul
01-23-2012, 09:46 PM
Definitely an A

RonPaul101.com
B; he made no mistakes, but missed opportunities.

MsDoodahs
A.

Very pleased with his answers tonight.

schiffheadbaby
01-23-2012, 09:47 PM
B+

Wish he would differentiate better why Ron is the only Great American fiscal conservative and the others support bank bailouts, Medicare part D which is a 7 trillion dollar libability etc.

Santorum voted to raise debt ceiling 5 times, Newt 4.

He is too nice.

Wish he would explain how he has been fiscally conservative for decades

Endthefednow
A+

Andrew Ryan
B+

Dublin4Paul
B: He was given all lousy questions, sometimes simply answered those stupid questions, and failed to try and jump in when he should have. He did manage to get two good applause lines though in a purposefully subdued crowd, and no one on stage was exactly doing well.

Christopholes11
I give him a B but I still feel that we was above the others, not his best but really good. Really a very poor (boring) debate all around imo (like with the moderation).

thoughtomator
01-23-2012, 09:48 PM
I was disappointed with this one (not whining just being honest). I could have written home run answers for every question he got, and they were all questions that were easy to expect.

Student Of Paulism
01-23-2012, 09:48 PM

This

Edward
01-23-2012, 09:49 PM
B

Ron missed some opportunities to hit a few home runs, and he still hasn't learned to turn the question back to whatever he wants to address.

LoneWolf
01-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Seemed the best debate so far for him. He didn't stutter or forget what he wanted to say very clear speaking and to the point.

A he did very well. Answers were clear and concise, no problems. This is my non-biased non-paulbot answer. An average person watching that would have no issues with Ron.

xRedfoxx
Gave him an A- If he would just once say he would nuke anyone with congress approval if they were a threat to the US or to US trade, I would be so happy.

rpwi
A+...good answers...didn't try to cram multiple responses into one speaking period. People are complaining that he didn't go on the offensive...but you need to realize that in the latest PPP poll out of Florida, Ron Paul's approval/disapproval ratings are awful (from supporters of the other candidates). He needs to improve his image a bit and the mannered debate will have done this.

Giuliani was there on 911
I ..

Edward
01-23-2012, 09:51 PM
Gave him an A- If he would just once say he would nuke anyone with congress approval if they were a threat to the US or to US trade, I would be so happy.

That would be interesting!

axlr
Solid B+; would've been an A had they asked him some fucking questions of relevance.

nedomedo
Ron Paul always gets an A+++++ from me, no matter what. How can he get a lesser grade when he is the only one telling the truth?

Tyler_Durden
Glad he came out of the gate clarifying the Delegates count....

sunghoko
He did the best he could with the limited amount of time and questions given to him. He didn't knock anything out of the park but I love the way he turned the tables on isolationism.

COpatriot
01-23-2012, 09:53 PM
B+

Didn't get caught rambling. Got a lot of stupid, crappy questions and they let Romney and Gingrich whine at each other most of the time, but his performance was more than satisfactory tonight.

TheTexan
01-23-2012, 09:53 PM
B+

Wish he would differentiate better why Ron is the only Great American fiscal conservative and the others support bank bailouts, Medicare part D which is a 7 trillion dollar libability etc.

Santorum voted to raise debt ceiling 5 times, Newt 4.

He is too nice.

Wish he would explain how he has been fiscally conservative for decades

Ya. He really needs to start calling out the others on their BS. It's the only way he can distinguish himself.

Pyyro
01-23-2012, 09:54 PM
I think it's evident that he's improving and is consistent in the debates. B+

schiffheadbaby
01-23-2012, 09:56 PM
Ya. He really needs to start calling out the others on their BS. It's the only way he can distinguish himself.

This is essential.

He can be a gentleman about it, but he needs to explain the source of inflation is monetizing debt to pay for wars and things like Medicare Part D that Newt so fervently defended tonight.

We all pay for the cost of government, I don't think people get this very well but could be wrong

HOLLYWOOD
01-23-2012, 09:56 PM
Handled the 3rd party bullshit horrible. Ron could of had his Newt South Carolina moment and blew it... fumbling over words, poor speaking skills, carrying on in a rush, getting ahead of himself. Makes him look senile. he can't debate like 2007-8 or before.

He redeemed himself through the other awful NBC questioning, but it's Establishment 101 gaming. Ron cannot to see that NBC immediately wants to create doubt and question in Ron Paul leadership/fight/energy/debate skills to the viewing audiences to form their opinions immediately up front. Like taking Oxycotin Candy from a Baby. Ron could of slam-dunked that bitch Brian Williams, but chose to ramble on and play right into the CFR hacks trap.

example "just knock off the 3rd party nonsense once and for all... ask a question pertinent to what the people want to discuss, not your Obama executives @ 30 Rockefeller Center."

brendan.orourke
01-23-2012, 09:57 PM
C-

He just can't debate, these guys are running circles around him.

vita3
01-23-2012, 09:58 PM
He had a very solid performance.

Muwahid
01-23-2012, 09:59 PM
Someone always has to grade F for no reason.

unknown
01-23-2012, 10:00 PM
Ron is not running to win....just understand that. Read between the lines.

What do you base this on?

mport1
01-23-2012, 10:00 PM

If he said this, he would lose my and probably a lot of other support. Just because Congress wants to nuke somebody, it doesn't mean we should.

Standing Liberty
01-23-2012, 10:01 PM
-A He was the most interesting one to listen too and got good points across with the little time he had. However, he can use alittle more fire. But the debate was just dull.

mport1
01-23-2012, 10:02 PM
Handled the 3rd party bullshit horrible. Ron could of had his Newt South Carolina moment and blew it... fumbling over words, poor speaking skills, carrying on in a rush, getting ahead of himself. Make him look seanile.

He redeemed himself through the other awful NBC questioning, but it's Establishment 101 gaming, not to see that NBC immediately wants to creat doubt and question in Ron Paul to the viewing audiences / viewer opinion. Ron could of slam-dunked that bitch Brian Williams, but chose to ramble on and play right into the CFR hacks trap.

example "just knock off the 3rd party nonsense and ask a question pretenent to what the people want to discuss, not your executives @ 30 Rockefeller Center."

And he has been asked this probably hundreds of times. How can he not have a home run answer prepared?

Highstreet
01-23-2012, 10:03 PM

Yea, he knows why their policies are incorrect or why we can't trust them to implement them, but he doesn't consistently remind people of that.

moonshine5757
01-23-2012, 10:04 PM
A- glad he went at newt, but newt shooed away from a battle very smoothly. ugh. and would've scored higher if he would jump on the bandwagon and smash romney. the dude is at his weakest it's about time to unleash the dogs upon that fake conservative. and if i have to hear about the olympics one more time i'm gonna throw up. can someone put him in his place on that matter?

Muwahid
01-23-2012, 10:05 PM
If he said this, he would lose my and probably a lot of other support. Just because Congress wants to nuke somebody, it doesn't mean we should.

Same. Nukes are evil, the congress decides when to war, not how to war anyway.

GunnyFreedom
B+ had awful questions. Would have been an A if he snuck in either "declare war, go and win it decisively, and come home" or "will not cut one dime from Social Security benefits for people now over 30" and would have been A+ if he snuck in both. They gave him crap questions and he did the best anybody can ask of anybody with the crap they gave him.

jacmicwag
Solid. Some very strong points differentiating himself on Cuba and Iran (and done without appearing weak). I'm glad he does not pander to the anti-Castro vote. If the local Florida Cubans want democracy, take a boat back and fight for it. Good humor tonight saying he has some work to do getting the other candidates to come around to his point of view. No idea how this thing will affect his popularity but he was true to himself and got his points across clearly (at least in RP terms).

iGGz
01-23-2012, 10:07 PM
[{}]

mosquitobite
01-23-2012, 10:08 PM

This!

D.A.S.
01-23-2012, 10:11 PM
I gave Dr. Paul an A.

He was positive, he took shots at other candidates in a very classy way, he stayed positive and projected a good image, he KILLED the foreign policy question by calling other GOP candidates ISOLATIONISTS - something we've been wanting him to do for a while, and he KILLED the economy question in such a way that he was able to explain accessibly where our economic trouble came from.

Yes, he could have handled the first question about 3rd party a little better, but he DID mention that he's running neck-and-neck with Obama in recent polls, which is something we've been wanting him to mention for a while.

So Dr. Paul is listening to us. Please understand that he can't all of a sudden do an about-face and become a slick debater like Newt. And referring to one of the comments above, ANYONE of us could write a killer punchline to any of the questions the moderator has asked tonight -- but would you be able to deliver that off the cuff, in front of the big audience, live on national television? Methinks we're not giving Dr. Paul credit where credit is due, and I say: Thank You, Dr. Paul. You did a great job and surely got new voters today in Florida!

V3n
01-23-2012, 10:11 PM
I'd rather grade Brian William's performance as a solid F- because at least twice he said he would go "down the line" and the line stopped at
Newt Romney.

Warmon
01-23-2012, 10:13 PM
I give a solid A. Some of his responses were so good that it's not going to really sink in right away, My take is the he got at least, if not more applause than any other candidate. We also got one of the best sound bites ever in "Had a Revolution - Wrote a Constitution". I also think the good humor and respect by Paul towards Newt went a long way to ease tension in the debate. I like how he stayed away from the mud slinging and simply said Newt did not have the votes to be speaker again.

Article V
01-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Good performance when he spoke, but too gentlemanly to insert himself when he needs speaking time. B+

D.A.S.
01-23-2012, 10:14 PM
B+ had awful questions. Would have been an A if he snuck in either "declare war, go and win it decisively, and come home" or "will not cut one dime from Social Security benefits for people now over 30" and would have been A+ if he snuck in both. They gave him crap questions and he did the best anybody can ask of anybody with the crap they gave him.

But Gunny, he DID say something like "declare a war, win it, and come home" - I think he didn't make that a punchline, but he did sneak it in during the foreign policy remark.

dmitchell
01-23-2012, 10:15 PM
B+

I just watched the highlights at ronpaulflix. No touchdowns to my mind, but solid answers all around. No harm done. If I were to compare it to American football, I might call it a three yard gain.

Edit: Fixed mixed metaphor.

doctorfunk
01-23-2012, 10:15 PM
He said the first one.

I would give him a B. Not out of the park but solid. Questions kinda sucked and his talk time was quite low, but he can do more to turn them into something useful.

GunnyFreedom
01-23-2012, 10:16 PM
But Gunny, he DID say something like "declare a war, win it, and come home" - I think he didn't make that a punchline, but he did sneak it in during the foreign policy remark.

Musta missed it, and I was actively listening for it. I've got lots of people that I've 50% turned who are waiting for something that sounds strong on defense to go past 50/50.

MrTudo
01-23-2012, 10:20 PM
He did good considering what he was given. I was really hoping he would inject himself into the "what have you done to further the conservative cause" that was asked of romney and then floated to gingrich who recited his rendition of his "track record".

I think he did better than santorum and better than romney. Gingrich is an excellent salesman. Despite that Dr Paul got a quasi-endorsement from the cockroach not the other way around. You KNOW that gingrich is pitching US as he believess he has the conservative vote ( and he probably is closer than anyone to it and will probably get it ) however he also knows he can't win without our vote and so the phoney smiles and being nice begins. Hey that's cool, that's a knife fight we don't need and maybe he'll get more time as a result.

Dr Paul better get California. THAT would be a trophy. You know we'll get the "legalize marijuana" vote there. Obama crushed mccain in california just like he would crush gingrich. I don't see the crush with Dr Paul. How many delegates in Cali and is it winner take all?

Clay Hamm
01-23-2012, 10:20 PM
He gets an A. Keep in mind the atmosphere. What a pathetic debate structure; fill the room with sleeping gas and gag the audience. Nice...

No Free Beer
01-23-2012, 10:21 PM
did very well,

but too bad, once again, it was Newt vs Mitt

Clay Hamm
If they had asked Ron what he had done for the Conservative cause he would have simply said "I opened the books on the FED".

UCFGavin
I gave him a B. He once again separated himself from the other candidates and showed why he is the only reasonable candidate running for president. He didn't go after many of their bogus positions like I like, but overall he did well.

DogLover2113
01-23-2012, 10:23 PM
B+ I think he did well, but there were times when he didn't use the full minute. He should have said more. He's such a nice guy that it makes it hard for him to really debate hard. I do think he did well though.

MrTudo
01-23-2012, 10:23 PM
Musta missed it, and I was actively listening for it. I've got lots of people that I've 50% turned who are waiting for something that sounds strong on defense to go past 50/50.

It was used in response to a gingrich ( remember every time you call him by his first name you make him seem more friendly to America, more one of the gang, an OK guy. Using his last name when referring to him is all business ) talk about WW2 where gingrich said that Americans never want to go to war, like WW2 and Afghanistan ( an insult imo to WW2 Vets ) and Dr Paul said gingrich was right, then he said he was wrong and then without pause said the people were behind our involvement in WW2 because we did it the right way we got a declaration from congress , went to war, won it and came home.

Point Dr Paul:)

GunnyFreedom
01-23-2012, 10:27 PM
It was used in response to a gingrich ( remember every time you call him by his first name you make him seem more friendly to America, more one of the gang, an OK guy. Using his last name when referring to him is all business ) talk about WW2 where gingrich said that Americans never want to go to war, like WW2 and Afghanistan ( an insult imo to WW2 Vets ) and Dr Paul said gingrich was right, then he said he was wrong and then without pause said the people were behind our involvement in WW2 because we did it the right way we got a declaration from congress , went to war, won it and came home.

Point Dr Paul:)

Ahh yes I remember that now. No idea why it didn't stick out for me. :(

MrTudo
01-23-2012, 10:27 PM
If they had asked Ron what he had done for the Conservative cause he would have simply said "I opened the books on the FED".

He has a lengthy resume including all the books he's written on Liberty. The fact he NEVER voted for a tax increase or bailout. NONE of the others can say that. All they can do is lie and spin the facts of there piss poor representation of the people. That's why they passed him buy on that question the fkers.
Florida is among the most corrupt states in the country. If you knew what we had to overcome here to get Harry Browne on the ballot ( Harry was the ONLY 3rd party candidate to EVER get on the ballot in all 50 states. Look even know some of the alleged reps of the people, the 2 party reps can't even qualify for all 50 states. Harry did on the Libertarian ticket and then they wouldn't let him on the debates but they did let ross perot who was NOT on the ballot and could never qualify for it . Just like a bannana republic )

Fla is impossibe. Freaking traitors. So to see the HUGE amount of RP supporters, believe me there's a lot of us here. We're not getting the attention we should be.

otherone
01-23-2012, 10:31 PM
B....would have scored an A if he didn't say America started a war with Iran. Doesn't sit well with the rubes....

everlasticity
01-23-2012, 10:34 PM
He does a good job of explaining the theory, but not a good enough job showing how his theory, put into practice, would work today. B+

culvereric
01-23-2012, 10:37 PM
A- Not bad...about as good as last Thursday and much better than a week ago..hes not gonna get an A+ from me just because he will never be able to top his skill in a lot of the 2007-08 debates

pen_thief
01-23-2012, 10:38 PM
I give him an A - loved his answers but was bummed he couldn't bring up Rand and the TSA incident :D

parkway3000
01-23-2012, 10:39 PM
Had good answers and seemed to make good points.

Vet_from_cali
01-23-2012, 10:43 PM
B-. if he keeps sitting on the damn sideline and letting them skip him I'll drop it down to a effin D.

tired of him being so passive, wtf

Cyberbrain
01-23-2012, 10:45 PM
The debate was a D, complete trash.

Paul a C, he fell into the trap of that first question, fumbled around with his answer for too long and came up looking like he wasn't very serious about the nomination which looks really bad, really really bad. He worked his way back up by the end though. He dropped an awesome truth bomb on that housing question.

Cyberbrain
01-23-2012, 10:48 PM
he KILLED the foreign policy question by calling other GOP candidates ISOLATIONISTS - something we've been wanting him to do for a while

I almost forgot about that, that was so snazy turning it around like that, loved it.

socal
01-23-2012, 11:01 PM
I gave him an A, but I muted the others when they were speaking, so maybe it would have been lower if I had listened to the whole debate.

rb3b3
01-23-2012, 11:06 PM
I gave him an A, but I muted the others when they were speaking, so maybe it would have been lower if I had listened to the whole debate.

hahahaha i dvr all the debates and i start watching it from the beginning about an hour into it, this way i can fast foward through the other 3. lol glad someone else does the same thing lol

CaptainAmerica
01-23-2012, 11:07 PM
A- because he didnt say NO to newt.

Gary4Liberty
01-23-2012, 11:08 PM
Reminds me of shawshank redemption when morgan freeman comes before the parole board like 3 times and each time he says,"Oh yes, Im rehabilitated. Im a changed man. Im ready to be free" every 10 years he wants to get out of jail and be free. They say no "denied" every time. Finally, he goes before the parole board and they ask him why they should let him out of jail and he says "you know what, I really dont give a damn if you let me out or not" ... approved. Thats the guy we want that one on the end who the main thing isnt being president he just wants change. Thats the guy right there.

Dr_SCN
01-23-2012, 11:13 PM
This is essential.

He can be a gentleman about it, but he needs to explain the source of inflation is monetizing debt to pay for wars and things like Medicare Part D that Newt so fervently defended tonight.

We all pay for the cost of government, I don't think people get this very well but could be wrong

None of them can bash medicare part D right now, they are in Florida, a state with a lot of retired people. To just go on and preach against medicare part D is probably suicide. That's my guess as to why no one did anyway...

schiffheadbaby
01-23-2012, 11:28 PM
None of them can bash medicare part D right now, they are in Florida, a state with a lot of retired people. To just go on and preach against medicare part D is probably suicide. That's my guess as to why no one did anyway...

The campaign isn't going for Florida.

It's important to make these distinctions

CableNewsJunkie
01-23-2012, 11:40 PM
Was gonna give a B+, but then I remembered his answer on the economy/housing/mortgages/fed/interest rates - which was awesome.
Plus, every other answer was just common sense. Truth to power!
A-

undergroundrr
01-23-2012, 11:47 PM
A- because he didnt say NO to newt.

You know, I kind of wish he'd say, "The day I'm convinced that another electable candidate believes in the message I endorse - that government is there to protect the economic and personal liberty of every American citizen, is the day that I can quit campaigning, go home and spend time with my grandkids."

Taco John
01-23-2012, 11:47 PM
Sorry. I'm giving it a C-.

I love Ron Paul, but how many times is he going to allow that "third party" question weaken his candidacy before he takes it to the media and uses their lack of integrity as a weapon against them the same way Newt does. Ron Paul's response to this question dignifies the question and weakens himself. He would be better served to use the question to demonstrate the journalists lack of integrity and then choose whatever topic he wants to spend his time on.

"I've answered this question several times, and it goes to the bias and lack of integrity in today's media environment that I'm here faced with it again. Mr. Journalist, you can find that answer with a simple Google search if you're so inclined to have it answered - in the meantime I'm going to use my time to talk about something that is of actual importance to the American debate right now - and that is (insert important "strength" issue here).

Ron Paul didn't strengthen his campaign tonight. He weakened it, and he weakens it further every time he dignifies this question with his canned response. He needs to use that question and turn it into an opportunity.

Paul or not at all
01-23-2012, 11:56 PM
We should start grading the audience soon.

mavtek
01-24-2012, 12:03 AM
A- he stumbled early, but his "what's a conservative moment" was brilliant!

LibertyEagle
01-24-2012, 12:09 AM

I love Ron Paul, but how many times is he going to allow that "third party" question weaken his candidacy before he takes it to the media and uses their lack of integrity as a weapon against them the same way Newt does. Ron Paul's response to this question dignifies the question and weakens himself. He would be better served to use the question to demonstrate the journalists lack of integrity and then choose whatever topic he wants to spend his time on.

"I've answered this question several times, and it goes to the bias and lack of integrity in today's media environment that I'm here faced with it again. Mr. Journalist, you can find that answer with a simple Google search if you're so inclined to have it answered - in the meantime I'm going to use my time to talk about something that is of actual importance to the American debate right now - and that is (insert important "strength" issue here).

Ron Paul didn't strengthen his campaign tonight. He weakened it, and he weakens it further every time he dignifies this question with his canned response. He needs to use that question and turn it into an opportunity.

I agree with your suggestions here. When they ask him if he would support any of the other candidates, they are basically saying, you have no chance, Dr. Paul. He shouldn't answer these like they are valid questions, because it is like he is agreeing with them. They are intended to take power away from his candidacy.

DogLover2113
01-24-2012, 12:12 AM
A- he stumbled early, but his "what's a conservative moment" was brilliant!

Oh yes, I forgot about that part. Maybe my B+ should have been an A. That was indeed brilliant.

unknown
01-24-2012, 12:15 AM

Didnt he turn it around and use it to say that hes polling better than anyone vs Obama?

GunnyFreedom
01-24-2012, 12:17 AM
Didnt he turn it around and use it to say that hes polling better than anyone vs Obama?

Yes, and it was b e a utiful

Phyxrgon
01-24-2012, 12:26 AM
A-

maybe there is more to it than harping on other opponents(sinc he said he wasnt going to seriously campaign in florida) and jumping into discussions, but then again, he received alot of lousy questions while they gave the meatshare of good questions to the other dummies. he still gave good answers though, and still shows his consistency... but he realy should work on turning away redundant questions that try to detriment his campaign..

where is the big paddle for the media's toosh when you need it.

ord33
01-24-2012, 12:45 AM

Your response is much better than what goes in my head wishing he would say (although I know it would be way too abrasive). I wish he'd say:

"You know the definition of asking or doing the same exact thing over and over again expecting a different result. My answer isn't going to change. That's how I feel about you and this question. I've had enough being marginalized when I'm polling neck and neck with Obama and clearly in this race."

ryanmkeisling
01-24-2012, 12:48 AM
He did good considering what he was given. I was really hoping he would inject himself into the "what have you done to further the conservative cause" that was asked of romney and then floated to gingrich who recited his rendition of his "track record".

I think he did better than santorum and better than romney. Gingrich is an excellent salesman. Despite that Dr Paul got a quasi-endorsement from the cockroach not the other way around. You KNOW that gingrich is pitching US as he believess he has the conservative vote ( and he probably is closer than anyone to it and will probably get it ) however he also knows he can't win without our vote and so the phoney smiles and being nice begins. Hey that's cool, that's a knife fight we don't need and maybe he'll get more time as a result.

Dr Paul better get California. THAT would be a trophy. You know we'll get the "legalize marijuana" vote there. Obama crushed mccain in california just like he would crush gingrich. I don't see the crush with Dr Paul. How many delegates in Cali and is it winner take all?

You must not live here? Most people do not want legalization because they make to much money off of the black market. Compare $250/oz. to $12/oz. Many users are also growers and anyone who has a med card can profit from their grow and buy it at the med shop, so they have no reason to want to see it legalized. Only those of us with real jobs and who value freedom want legalization, whether we use it or not. It is a billion dollar industry. The only real economic advantage here would be the massive influx of worldwide tourism.