PDA

View Full Version : If Newt wins....... Big "IF", I wonder if he is thinking Paul as VP?

CplKoontz
01-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Last debate, and tonights debate and his victory speech, he has been praising alot of the things Paul says, and has been giving Paul alot of Credit..

I understand he needs our votes, but I got a feeling that is Newt wins and Ron doesnt, we may see him as Paul about a VP spot... As much as some like to hate hearing this and dont think it will happen, I have studied Newt for 5 years now, and thats the way it looks to me.

CplKoontz
01-23-2012, 09:41 PM
BTW tonights debate was booooooorrrrrriiiinnnnnnggggggggg as hell!

Fredom101
01-23-2012, 09:42 PM
Newt is a bore. RP would never be his VP. Nuff said.

Johncjackson
01-23-2012, 09:43 PM
No one is going to offer RON Paul the VP slot. 0% chance. Maybe a 1% chance for Rand.

moostraks
01-23-2012, 09:44 PM
lol...not gonna happen

Drex
Ron needs to stop playing friendly with the candidates on stage. It probably gives average american's that he a pacifist

BUSHLIED
NO ARE F-IN kidding me?? Never going to happen. He was nuetralizing Paul by doing that. Doesn't anyone see that??? Pandering to Paul is the best way to neutralize..newtralize.....Paul. Paul is not a very astute politician. this really sucks...

RonPaul101.com
01-23-2012, 09:45 PM
Newt is a bore. RP would never be his VP. Nuff said.

With Newt's advancing years and couch-like physical stature... VP could be President in 2013.

Edward
01-23-2012, 09:46 PM
Newt nor Romney or Santorum will pick Ron as VP. Charles Krauthammer stated on Brett Baire's panel this afternoon (http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/special-report/index.html#/v/1410112710001/republicans-plan-for-sunshine-state-showdown/?playlist_id=86927) that he thinks Newt is trying to stay on Ron's good side in the event he might need Ron's help in the convention.

acptulsa
01-23-2012, 09:47 PM
Not after Ron tells him no.

Newt nor Romney or Santorum will pick Ron as VP. Charles Krauthammer stated on Brett Baire's panel this afternoon (http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/special-report/index.html#/v/1410112710001/republicans-plan-for-sunshine-state-showdown/?playlist_id=86927) that he thinks Newt is trying to stay on Ron's good side in the event he might need Ron's help in the convention.

Maybe, but it's a waste of time. He's not on Ron's supporter delegates' good side.

liveandletlive
01-23-2012, 09:48 PM
Ron Paul would not sell out his supporters

Xenophage
01-23-2012, 09:48 PM
Newt isn't dumb enough to think that RP could be his VP.

The Gold Standard
01-23-2012, 09:49 PM
Who cares what Newt is thinking. Are you going to vote for him?

MsDoodahs
01-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Ron Paul would not sell out his supporters

This.

The Dude
01-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Newt is the one candidate out of the three that actually makes me feel disgust. There is NO WAY IN HELL I would ever vote for him, EVER. He's a warmonger to the core. If he thinks he can win Paul voters over he's in for a big surprise.

KCIndy
01-23-2012, 09:51 PM
Ron Paul would NEVER accept an offer as VP under Gingrich. Just ain't gonna happen.

Carehn
01-23-2012, 09:51 PM
No. He is pandering for your vote and will promptly abandon your issues once in office.

ericthethe
01-23-2012, 09:53 PM
No. He is pandering for your vote and will promptly abandon your issues once in office.

This.

GunnyFreedom
01-23-2012, 09:53 PM
All three of the others would probably go to Paul first to offer a VP spot, because they all know they can't win without our votes. However, we won't hear anything about it because Paul will turn them all down. Unless Romney (and only Romney is in a position to do this) has a "come to Jesus moment" and becomes a 99% Paul convert, and only then does it become a possibility. Still won't get most Pauler votes though.

ETA: Oh, and Romney becoming a Paul convert is so unlikely as to be impossible. Obviously. ;)

GraspingForPeace
01-23-2012, 09:54 PM
Ron needs to stop playing friendly with the candidates on stage. It probably gives average american's that he a pacifist

Well... he is...

Varin
01-23-2012, 09:55 PM
None is thinking of RP as VP.

I'm pretty sure you are wrong.

smtwngrl
Newt may be starting to realize that he would need our votes to beat Obama, if he secured the nomination.

But after the snippy, personal attacks on Ron Paul in the past, we would vote for Obama before Gingrich.

(That's just a figure of speech, of course. I'm not saying, in such a scenario, that we would really vote for anyone who represents the status quo.)

Intoxiklown
As stated already, pure pandering to a voter demographic he knows he pissed off royally with his temper tantrum and basically calling all of us "druggies". I would slam my own testicles in a car door before I voted for Swingrich.

01-23-2012, 09:56 PM
Newt is pandering for your vote, nothing more.

Condor Bastadon
01-23-2012, 09:56 PM
I would actually be curious to know if Ron would accept a VP nomination from one of those guys....I don't think he'd look at it as "selling out his supporters" so much as it'd give him a pretty huge platform for his positions.

That said, there is absolutely zero chance they offer him that. They'd be too worried about a "crazy Ron Paul supporter" taking down them out to get Ron in the big seat.

smtwngrl
01-23-2012, 09:57 PM
None is thinking of RP as VP.

If Ron Paul does well in the coming caucuses and primaries, but Romney were to secure the nomination, I could see him asking Ron to be VP.

Johncjackson
01-23-2012, 09:57 PM
All three of the others would probably go to Paul first to offer a VP spot, because they all know they can't win without our votes. However, we won't hear anything about it because Paul will turn them all down. Unless Romney (and only Romney is in a position to do this) has a "come to Jesus moment" and becomes a 99% Paul convert, and only then does it become a possibility. Still won't get most Pauler votes though.

No way. And if it happened, you would hear about it. That stuff always leaks. And it could be leaked in a way that works to their advantage, anyway.

sailingaway
01-23-2012, 09:58 PM
Newt said he would never vote for Ron, he is just trying to steal his talking points, as mutually exclusive as they are to his own grandiose big government ideas.

I can't imagine Ron being willing to be Newt's VP.

GunnyFreedom
01-23-2012, 09:59 PM
No way. And if it happened, you would hear about it. That stuff always leaks. And it could be leaked in a way that works to their advantage, anyway.

I bet that even if the candidate rejects it, the campaign managers are pushing it. EVERYONE knows they don't beat Obama without Paul voters. They aren't going to talk about it because they will be rejected by Paul, and Paul has too much integrity to leak it.

eleganz
01-23-2012, 10:01 PM
wtf...already thinking about Paul as VP...lol....

NOT Gingrich.

Some of you really need to step back and really re-asses why you're supporting Ron Paul.

moonshine5757
01-23-2012, 10:01 PM
This coming from the same guy that said in a previous debate that most of what ron says is not true. basically called the most consistent and honorable men in congress ever a habitual liar. he is trying to make a play for our support with some overdue asskissing. tell newt he can go f himself and there is no vp present under the xmas tree.

robert9712000
01-23-2012, 10:02 PM
I know Ron would never do it,but the other candidates know they cant win without pauls people.So it only makes sense that theyd all try to Suck up to Ron to hope to have him as VP so they can have his block

RickyJ
01-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Last debate, and tonights debate and his victory speech, he has been praising alot of the things Paul says, and has been giving Paul alot of Credit..

I understand he needs our votes, but I got a feeling that is Newt wins and Ron doesnt, we may see him as Paul about a VP spot... As much as some like to hate hearing this and dont think it will happen, I have studied Newt for 5 years now, and thats the way it looks to me.

He would ask him, Paul would decline unless he adopted some more of his positions.

libertybrewcity
01-23-2012, 10:06 PM
Newt is pandering to Paul supporters because he knows he needs us to win if he gets the nomination. He is also trying to block new supporters from joining the ranks.

Johncjackson
No establishment candidate is going to offer VP to a 77 year old, white male libertarian Constitutionalist Congressman, no matter how well he does in the primaries. It just doesn't happen. Just because Ron Paul is right on the issues and has a solid base, does not mean he is going to completely change the way politics works in 1 primary season.

IMHO, if he doesn't win the nomination, his only real shot for real political influence this election is a 3rd party run or deal for Rand ( a young guy who plays politics better than the old man). I am not discounting increased philosophical influence and eventual political influence, but I just see no way Romney or Gingrich ( not counting Santorum, because as he said himself there are only 3 serious candidates) is going to offer anything to Ron Paul.

ETA: It doesn't seem anyone has any idea how establishment pols utilize the VP slot, so I just won't say anything else.

PPS: And I think if people operate under those assumptions, you risk getting Jesse Jackson'd.

MsDoodahs
If Ron Paul does well in the coming caucuses and primaries, but Romney were to secure the nomination, I could see him asking Ron to be VP.

I can see that possibility as well. Romney has not said awful things about us, has he?

Also, Romney clearly respects Ron's intelligence.

Add to that - Romney seems ... "salvageable" whereas neither grunch or santy do, at all.

centure7
Do Newt and Ron agree on anything? One single thing??? It makes absolutely zero sense.
Newt: For Insurance Mandates. Paul: Opposite
Newt: For Cap & Trade. Paul: Opposite
Newt: For Social Programs. Paul: Opposite
Newt: For aggressive empire building. Paul: Opposite.

trey4sports
01-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Jesus this shit gets annoying. newt is playing you, hello! he campaigned against Paul in the house. he is just playing a rooe. the last thing he wants is either of the Paul's as veep.

vita3
01-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Newt's no dummy, he knows he's not winning the Republican nomiantion or the Presidentcy w/o Dr.Paul's support.

Paul's got real leverage.

ericthethe
01-23-2012, 10:09 PM
Do Newt and Ron agree on anything? One single thing??? It makes absolutely zero sense.
Newt: For Insurance Mandates. Paul: Opposite
Newt: For Cap & Trade. Paul: Opposite
Newt: For Social Programs. Paul: Opposite
Newt: For aggressive empire building. Paul: Opposite.

Newt has said he admires Ron Paul's views on the Fed and monetary policy. Probably disingenuous pandering, though.

blazeKing
01-23-2012, 10:15 PM
Newt is a chameleon ...he has been in Washington his whole life and he knows how to play the game. He will NOT NOT NOT NOTN OT NOT NOT NOTNOTTOTNOT choose Ron Paul as VP and if he were to become President he would not be who he says he is right now.

kahless
01-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Gingrich wouldn't vote for Ron Paul
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/27/gingrich-wouldnt-vote-for-ron-paul/

Dec 27, 2011 – (CNN) - Newt Gingrich said Tuesday he wouldn't vote for Ron Paul if the Texas congressman won the 2012 GOP nomination.

Ron's response about Gingrich tonight was disappointing. I would be totally gutted and in disbelief if Ron decides at some point to endorse that fraud Gingrich.

Matthew Zak
01-23-2012, 10:21 PM
Ron would never.

GunnyFreedom
01-23-2012, 10:22 PM
Gingrich wouldn't vote for Ron Paul
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/27/gingrich-wouldnt-vote-for-ron-paul/

Ron's response about Gingrich tonight was disappointing. I would be totally gutted and in disbelief if Ron decides at some point to endorse that fraud Gingrich.

You don't have to worry about that either. Not gonna happen. Evar. Paul wouldn't endorse the Grinch (or accept a VP slot) if the Grinch got on it's knees and begged, promising to end the wars and bring the troops home. The two hate each other with a pathos that makes Reagan/Bush1 look like adoration.

SonofThunder
01-23-2012, 10:23 PM
He (like Romney) is just pandering to the people who have seen the "Ron Paul was Right" video and think he is an economic genius but looney on Iran. Newt and Mitt think they can convert people back to their side if they pander to the sound money sentiment of so many GOP voters who hear "buy gold" ads on the radio all day.

NancyNYC
01-23-2012, 10:24 PM
That corrupt s.o.b?! NO WAY would he want Dr. Paul on the ticket with him!

Sola_Fide
01-23-2012, 10:25 PM
Never. Newt will choose Rubio.

giovannile07
01-23-2012, 10:26 PM
That's delusional thinking, he would never ever do that.

Roxi
01-23-2012, 10:28 PM
Heh, that would be an unstoppable NEWTRON bomb! :D

rb3b3
01-23-2012, 10:28 PM
i hate these stupid negative threads!!!! the question should be will newt be endorsing ron?

Brian4Liberty
01-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Never. Newt will choose Rubio.

The neo-conservative wet dream ticket.

kahless
01-23-2012, 10:29 PM
You don't have to worry about that either. Not gonna happen. Evar. Paul wouldn't endorse the Grinch (or accept a VP slot) if the Grinch got on it's knees and begged, promising to end the wars and bring the troops home. The two hate each other with a pathos that makes Reagan/Bush1 look like adoration.

Then again maybe his response was the best strategy since attack mode may have come off poorly in this instance.

Simple
01-23-2012, 10:30 PM
I don't see how Newt is any better than Obama. He says he's sympathetic on Ron's fiscal concerns, but there is no way that greased monkey is going to stand up to the machine.

Pauls' Revere
01-23-2012, 10:31 PM
Newt would choose Palin so he can sleep with too.

GunnyFreedom
01-23-2012, 10:34 PM
Then again maybe his response was the best strategy since attack mode may have come off poorly for him.

He just knows that nobody beats Obama without Paul voters.

It's OK for everyone to pander to Paul, as it will counter much of the popular antipathy and open up a Path for Paul to climb faster in the polls. We on the insider know Paul voters aren't going anywhere no matter how hard they pander, but their pandering takes down the public hatred of Paul (that the media has built up) a notch or two which will open up more growth potential for Paul going forward.

So I'd like to encourage the other candidates to continue pandering to Paul by pretending it's working, because it gives Paul more upside by toning down the antipathy, but anybody familiar with why Paul is climbing knows that in the end it just won't work.

Edward
01-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Just watched Ann Coulter on The Factor call Newt the most liberal of the four remaining candidates. According to Coulter, if Newt gets the nomination it will be "an historic landslide" and Obama-care will be here to stay. Can't disagree with any of that, and I can't imagine why Ron would want to have anything to do with him.

RonPaulMyPresident
01-23-2012, 10:40 PM
Newt can never beat Obama. He is more extreme than George W Bush.

And Ron Paul will lose A LOT of his supporters if he joins Newt's team at the end of the GOP nomination race.

I know many people who tell me if Ron Paul doesn't win the GOP nomination, they're going to vote for Obama.

veto
01-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Newt is the one candidate up they're I would as soon have Obama as President. I don't like Santorum but at least he was against the bailouts. I don't care for Romney but at least he seems to be pro capitalism. Newt sounds like George Bush Jr on steroids.

anaconda
Ron would Newt's absolute last choice.

affa
hint: Newt only sounds like RP because he's LYING.

ridiculous thread is ridiculous.

RonPaulMyPresident
01-23-2012, 10:43 PM

Just imagine what kind of debates there'll be in the oval office. We're going to Iran, no we're not.

Newt and Ron have opposite ideas for the United States of America and the world.

parkway3000
01-23-2012, 10:43 PM
I believe he has an agenda! And that is trying to be slick and sneaky, to try to get our votes. Don't trust him as far as I can throw him!

RonPaulMyPresident
01-23-2012, 10:46 PM
I believe he has an agenda! And that is trying to be slick and sneaky, to try to get our votes. Don't trust him as far as I can throw him!

Absolutely correct. He saw the size of Ron Paul supporters in Iowa and NH where Newt was hated. He wants our educated voters. As of now he has all warmongering uneducated voters.

Gary4Liberty
01-23-2012, 10:48 PM
He would ask him, Paul would decline unless he adopted some more of his positions. RP said if newt changes his foreign policy than they could "do business" WTF?

Edward
01-23-2012, 10:48 PM
RP said if newt changes his foreign policy than they could "do business" WTF?

Paul can play the game, too!

TexasJake
01-23-2012, 10:49 PM
I didn't read the whole thread - but I can assure you Ron will not run with Grinch - and I sure as hell won't vote for Grinch.

Squid
01-23-2012, 11:04 PM
http://api.ning.com/files/snNCzw4wMFFqoc3-1Uca89IlgUVwpKYJzu21048ueZOu7DOWB8jSIPnsg-mIiDcCJlPupyluT-lC3JG4zuYN2fcstxJEkKwV/trollsinternet1.jpg

LibertasPraesidium
01-23-2012, 11:10 PM
sucking up talking points is one of the oldest tricks in the books, then you can marginalize your opposition(RP), except everyone knows he is telling the truth, and people just aren't sure about anyone else. That works sometimes, and after some of the strategy leakage thats been going on I would expect them to be cordial to him in case he pulls something off at the convention.

They have nothing to worry about, when he wins there will be no brokered convention.

kill the banks
01-23-2012, 11:13 PM
check out drudge top left

CONFUSION:

GINGRICH NOW: I SUPPORTED GOLDWATER...

GINGRICH FLASHBACK: I SUPPORTED ROCKEFELLER OVER GOLDWATER...

dancjm
01-23-2012, 11:14 PM
He wants RP's supporters, or at least doesnt want them to hate him.

Oops. Too late.

Okie RP fan
01-23-2012, 11:17 PM
I think he is pandering to us because he's received orders from his higher ups to start being nice.

These candidates are ignorant though if they think that's going to work.

GunnyFreedom
01-23-2012, 11:19 PM
I think he is pandering to us because he's received orders from his higher ups to start being nice.

These candidates are ignorant though if they think that's going to work.

Of course it's not going to work, but I do like to encourage their pandering to us by praising Paul, because it negates the antipathy and gives Ron more upward potential going forward in this race.