01-23-2012, 09:20 PM
Question:

Over the course of the last few weeks I have sent (by postal mail
to their Virginia headquarters) two several page long letters detailing
some relatively inexpensive ways that the Ron Paul 2012 campaign can get
their message out to many more people and in a much better way, in my
opinion. I cc'd several Ron Paul-related organizations. I was working on
a third set of creative ideas and then realized that my suggestions letters
may simply be unread and/or redirected to the office shredder.

Is there any way to provide a private suggestion letter to the campaign where
I might have some idea that it is being read? If not, there may be no reason
to waste my time with another letter to them. Thanks for any feedback.

Suggestion:

My belief is that the leaders of the Ron Paul campaign are hard-working,
but are working in a bubble of their own creation. They are doing all of the
wonderful things that other campaigns are doing: TV ads, targeted mailings,
rallies, town halls, interviews, endorsements from other prominent individuals,
canvassing, phone calls, Internet presence/ads, etc. So, even though there
may be more dedicated supporters, some of the other campaigns have more
money (if including PACs) and also have experienced persons running the
campaigns. In addition, Ron Paul 2012 has the media and Republican/Democratic
establishment alternating between ignoring and attacking.

The "bubble" comes where the campaign leaders appear to be so busy running
the campaign that they do not have time or energy to come up with game-changing
ways to get information out to the public that would give the Ron Paul 2012
campaign some advantage. Even if they did have the time, there would only be
a handful of people working on it. On the other hand, there are probably
hundreds of thousands of Ron Paul supporters who could work on creative
ideas (not necessary for *content*) -- but especially game-changing campaign
ideas that might give the campaign a big leg up. The campaign can collect them
and perhaps pick 5-10 possible great ideas per week to briefly discuss at a
meeting to see if there is something new that can be of enormous help. Even if
they receive only one or two great ideas during the whole campaign, that could
still be worth it.

So, my suggestion is for the campaign to offer a way for supporters to privately
submit possibilities for game-changing campaign techniques that could help get
information out to more people in a way that would benefit the campaign (and the
country).

Mark

ryanmkeisling
01-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Do you need to know it is being read? Why? Personal, intellectual satisfaction?

I would bet that if your suggestions are meaningful to them, the campaign is utilizing them. There is no direct contact with the campaign, for good reason, they have their hands full!

And welcome to the forums!!!

KCIndy
01-23-2012, 09:37 PM
Twoggle, first of all, welcome to Ron Paul Forums! :)

Not being in touch with the campaign, I'm not sure what to say about your question. I know that the campaign is said to read the forums here and this "suggestion box" category in particular.

I'm guessing the campaign folks are particularly busy, so even if they read and utilize your ideas, you'll probably not hear back from them. Sad, but that's probably pretty typical of ANY national campaign.

If you do have some great and groundbreaking ideas, let me ask you this, in all sincerity: Have you considered running for office yourself? If you're a person who loves liberty and has a political outlook similar to Ron Paul, then believe me when I say the liberty movement needs you in office - even if it's just as a town councilman or county commissioner. Get established and work your way up!

And again, welcome to RPF! I hope you hang around, post your ideas, and enjoy the wild ride that's coming for the rest of the year!

twoggle
01-23-2012, 09:40 PM
>> Do you need to know it is being read? Why? Personal, intellectual satisfaction?

No. I need to know if it is being read and considered so I can determine whether I want to send
more creative ideas. If I cannot determine that they are read and considered, I'll simply move
on to more productive activities in life.

My understanding is that there is contact allowed with the general public, but not with PACs.
If no contact was allowed, then they would not have a "Contact Us" box on their web site with options for policy, store, etc. and what would they do if someone gave a suggestion at a
town hall forum?

If the campaigns hands are so full that they cannot tap the creativity of the supporters, then
I think they are in their own bubble and I am less hopeful about success this time around.

Thanks you for the Welcome!

Mark

twoggle
01-23-2012, 09:52 PM
> Twoggle, first of all, welcome to Ron Paul Forums!
> If you do have some great and groundbreaking ideas, let me ask you this,
> in all sincerity: Have you considered running for office yourself?

Thanks! As you can see, I've been on the forums for years, but haven't posted until today. Couldn't watch any more of the debates for now....

I think the ideas I sent, at least some of them, may have the *possibility* of being groundbreaking.
I have quite a bit of experience being involved in issues where there was alternating ignoring and
attacking from the media. But I think many people could come up with even better ideas. I don't
want to suggest that I am some sort of creative "genius" -- just had some creative ideas.

The limit of my efforts for the liberty movement involve donations to Ron Paul 2012 and PACs
as well as submitting ideas. I just can't focus any more energy since I am in the process of
changing careers and may be relocating in 6 months - 1 year.

Thanks for all of the responses!

Mark

ryanmkeisling
01-23-2012, 09:53 PM
Continue with your creative ideas, they need all the help they can get. I doubt you will ever receive any indication they are utilizing your ideas beyond seeing your ideas demonstrated by their actions. I think you should continue to give them to them. Just be satisfied that they are good ideas! Stick around here for a while, you will soon see that there are many creative ideas coming from all angles and you will soon see how hard it would be for the campaign to acknowledge all of them.

KCIndy
01-23-2012, 10:07 PM
Mark,

Even if you don't get a response from the Ron Paul campaign, don't discard your good ideas.

Even if you don't run for office yourself, you might consider getting involved in a local/regional campaign for a worthy liberty-oriented candidate. I don't know where you live, but as an example, RPF's own GunnyFreedom (Glen Bradley) is running for North Carolina state senate. Another RPF member, Thomas-in-KY (Thomas Massie) is running for office in Kentucky's 4th Congressional district.

Those are just a couple off the top of my head. I'm sure others can add more names.

Look around, and if there's a genuine "Ron Paul" candidate running a local race near you, I'm guessing they would LOVE to have your help and hear your ideas. The smaller the campaign, the more accessible.

I really hope you get a chance to put some of your ideas into practice. We're losing our rights and liberties with sickening speed in this country, and that MUST be stopped.

twoggle
01-23-2012, 10:11 PM
>> Continue with your creative ideas, they need all the help they can get

Thanks for your response as well. It would be nice to just get a form letter
stating something like, "Thank you for your suggestions. We will read through
your suggestions and consider whether it is appropriate for the campaign."
Or even an phone call (like the 8 I got on voting day :-) or an email.

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for other ideas on this group.

Mark