PDA

View Full Version : Should Ron Paul Challenge Others to An Individual Debate

walt
01-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Please let me know your thoughts - This Newt Romney nonsense needs to stop....

walt
01-23-2012, 09:02 PM
Come on, you know we want him to...

unknown
01-23-2012, 09:06 PM
No, unless its a completely different format.

Newt just stands there and lies. At-least he took credit for Medicare Part D.

There is no way to honestly deny it, Newt has been hawkish on a health care mandate since he was Speaker. This and many other facts are simply glossed over.

Newt just denies it. Blatantly just lies again and again and again.

Edward
01-23-2012, 09:09 PM
Not now. It would look desperate.

thoughtomator
01-23-2012, 09:22 PM
I think Paul Romney debates would help both candidates.

I almost get the feeling that Romney isn't really NWO, just a dupe.

narrowphoenix
01-23-2012, 09:27 PM
Romney is just a puppet like Obama of the NWO, both retards who don't know what they are doing but being told what to do

Danemicus
01-23-2012, 09:37 PM
Ideally he would have one with Romney, but failing that, Santorum. The latter would struggle in a Lincoln-Douglas debate, I feel. It would also show people that he would get slaughtered in national debates vs Obama.

Sod Gingrich for reasons already mentioned in this thread.

centure7
01-23-2012, 09:47 PM
Paul should challenge Newt because that would be genuine entertainment with actual intelligence on display for both candidates.

Ron Paul knows the equation Doctor + Congressman + Economics Expert = Wow, while Gingrich is more limited to political game theory only.

The debate should center on Newt arguing for Cap & Trade and Insurance Mandates, two things the GOP hates, while Paul could defend his purely defense foreign policy, which the GOP seems to hate for some crazy reason. It would be fun to watch and if Newt is going to push for cap & trade and insurance mandates you can bet he could argue for them better than the best Democrat could ever hope for.

Not sure how that would help at all but I'd love to see that.

Wolfgang Bohringer
01-23-2012, 09:53 PM
None of those candidates will debate Ron in a million years.

Ron has to open it up to the whole country. He needs to sit up high on a big podium for hours on end and field questions from U.S. of Americans who care enough about Ron's ideas to delve deep into Ron's proposals and demand details from Ron on how we can possibly get from here to there.

He needs to take follow up questions and he needs to ask questions of his questioners and show that he knows that he can learn from others just as others can learn from him.

The only way this can happen is if he's not rushed like in these debates where the moderators are ready to blare the commercial music the instant Ron reduces the rate of acceleration of his speech.

This is how we do it. Its not too late to implement this yet:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?354348-New-Strategy-for-Caucus-States-No-Rallies-or-Big-Speeches-Just-Long-Town-Hall-Q-amp-A-s

LibertasPraesidium
01-23-2012, 09:55 PM
I think a one on one interview where they both exchange the questions to be asked prior, talk about biggest issues, thoughts on the current numbers, I think if they sit down without moderators they could really change the landscape of debating for presidents. This gives both candidates a good way to look like they are willing to work together, even with complete disagreements on things.

ericthethe
01-23-2012, 09:56 PM
Would never happen but would be best to debate Santorum. He has the biggest contrast with him.

Paul has said he supports Romney's time at BAIN, so he couldn't debate that.
Newt is a master debater.

Santorum would be the easiest to debate. He's an idiot, war-monger and pro big government/federal mandates. It would be pointless, though, because he's going to drop out soon anyway. I don't think he'll go past Florida.

Gary4Liberty
01-23-2012, 09:58 PM
I think they wouldnt show up or they would just say no because they would say or imply that Ron Paul is irrelevant and they would win by marginalizing him. Besides, debates make money by drawing viewers so they can sell ads. How big a draw do you think a Paul Santorum debate would have? Paul / Newt? They seem to be buddies now anyway so I dont see it. I dont know what they have up their sleeve but they are up to something.

Simple
01-23-2012, 10:02 PM
Newt will accept a public challenge. He has said he was up for it so he's look weak if he backed down. Lincoln Douglas style.

sdsubball23
01-23-2012, 10:05 PM
Yes, with all three of them 1 on 1.

At the very least they could do an online stream somewhere without getting the MSM involved to moderate.

giovannile07
01-23-2012, 10:05 PM
One against Romney would expose all of Romney's lies, but I don't think he'd do it and he probably would stick to fine talking points. One against Santorum is unnecessary in my opinion not worth it, but one against Gingrich could prove to show that Ron Paul is a better anti-Romney candidate.

Odin
01-23-2012, 10:07 PM
Gingrich and Huntsman did a debate in NH.

I think with 5 minute back and forth Ron Paul could do fantastically, the only one who would agree to do it would be Newt.