PDA

View Full Version : General Debate Strategy

zeloc
01-23-2012, 07:23 PM
Wanted to start a general discussion on debate strategy.

I felt that the last debate went really well and Ron Paul's performances have been improving. I especially liked the fact that he has been scuffling more with the other candidates and called out other candidates by name a few times. Gingrich and Romney both got hammered by Santorum, and I do think that Ron Paul could distinguish himself from Gingrich and Romney as well such as what Santorum has been doing.

Regardless, I think that Ron Paul needs to be more aggressive in these debates. Many of them have been poorly run, and when this happens, candidates who speak more and are aggressive to the moderators by trying to get into conversations end up getting more speaking time. I also think that Dr. Paul should emphasize the strong points that he has that the others don't. Eg, the fact that he will take the median American salary as President. He could use this to draw a sharp contrast that the other candidates are wealthy and out of touch with the average American and can't be trusted to improve the plight of the common man or woman. I would love to hear him mention this point at a debate. This is the kind of thing that can make newspaper headlines.

What other general debate thoughts are there?

dody38
01-24-2012, 06:11 PM
Wanted to start a general discussion on debate strategy.

I felt that the last debate went really well and Ron Paul's performances have been improving. I especially liked the fact that he has been scuffling more with the other candidates and called out other candidates by name a few times. Gingrich and Romney both got hammered by Santorum, and I do think that Ron Paul could distinguish himself from Gingrich and Romney as well such as what Santorum has been doing.

Regardless, I think that Ron Paul needs to be more aggressive in these debates. Many of them have been poorly run, and when this happens, candidates who speak more and are aggressive to the moderators by trying to get into conversations end up getting more speaking time. I also think that Dr. Paul should emphasize the strong points that he has that the others don't. Eg, the fact that he will take the median American salary as President. He could use this to draw a sharp contrast that the other candidates are wealthy and out of touch with the average American and can't be trusted to improve the plight of the common man or woman. I would love to hear him mention this point at a debate. This is the kind of thing that can make newspaper headlines.

What other general debate thoughts are there?

Regarding O'Reilly's latest dig---IMPORTANT! Dr. Paul must address the latest challenge that causes the uninformed to reload. O'Reilly was very disgusted, when he made a statement last night about Dr. Paul's disregard for our youth by legalizing drugs. That'll cause a bit more venom. I, being a new supporter had to dig for the answers myself, so the Dr. should work something into his next televised appearance. Like---all the crime associated with drugs, girls going into prostitution to get money to pay for the stuff, etc., etc., etc. Last but not least, the fact that the government has it's craw deep into the entanglement, and while the good Dr. thinks that the states might help the situation, it should be treated as a sickness not a crime, plus, the church should be involved instead of governments! Over and out!