PDA

View Full Version : End the Fed for $1 at Dollartree

cornell
01-23-2012, 05:16 PM
I wanted to let everyone know that I stopped in my local Dollartree in Ithaca, NY today to pick up some random stuff and noticed that in the book section they had brand new hardcover copies of End the Fed on the shelf at the endcap! Mine had about ten copies out.

I thought it would be a good idea to post this here in case local Dollartrees by you also have any copies in stock. No idea if this is a regional closeout or a nationwide distribution.

At $1 each they're pretty cheap tools to stock up on to use or give away for local canvassing and to communicate one of Ron Paul's most important stances to others.

In case anyone is interested, here is a link to the store locator http://www.dollartree.com/custserv/locate_store.cmd

robskicks
01-23-2012, 05:20 PM
what a steal i go into dollar trees pretty often... ill definitely be on the look out now

Ronulus
01-23-2012, 05:21 PM
I will go by there tomorrow, thanks for the info.

jmdrake
01-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Thanks! +rep

trey4sports
01-23-2012, 05:29 PM
im always getting books there. I've never seen any Ron Paul books though.

cstarace
01-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Dollar Tree... speaking of cheap stores, is that old Ames still vacant in Ithaca? Can't remember when I was up in Ithaca last but I thought I saw it in the mall.

Dorfsmith
01-23-2012, 05:33 PM
I bought a bunch of copies for $2 each at Big Lots. Can't believe they are showing up in the discount stores.

cornell
01-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Dollar Tree... speaking of cheap stores, is that old Ames still vacant in Ithaca? Can't remember when I was up in Ithaca last but I thought I saw it in the mall.

If you're talking about the department store that used to be at the mall, I believe it was replaced with a movie theater.

Erazmus
01-23-2012, 05:49 PM
Looks like I'm making a trip to the Dollar Tree. Never been there, but it's just down the street.

cstarace
01-23-2012, 05:58 PM
If you're talking about the department store that used to be at the mall, I believe it was replaced with a movie theater.
Haha yeah. Always used to have fun at the Ames in Carmel. Saw the one in Ithaca awhile back and was shocked there was another one vacant after all these years.

Danke
01-23-2012, 06:03 PM
Fantastic. Now I got Valentine's Day covered.

cornell
02-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Thought I'd give this a quick bump, my store still has many copies on sale. I rearranged them to make them more prominent (took some off the bottom shelf and put it on the end cap)

GeorgiaAvenger
02-02-2012, 10:11 PM
I have gotten tons of GREAT $1 books...I mean like high profile books-authors such as Thomas Sowell, Art Laffer

How can they afford this?

Sola_Fide
02-02-2012, 10:11 PM
I'm going there tomorrow! Thanks!

cornell
02-02-2012, 10:15 PM
I have gotten tons of GREAT $1 books...I mean like high profile books-authors such as Thomas Sowell, Art Laffer

How can they afford this?

If I had to guess I would say that they probably bought it in a liquidation sale from a bankrupt retailer at rock-bottom prices. Even used copies of End the Fed online sell for around $5 so I think that's the only real explanation.

yatez112
02-02-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm going there tomorrow! Thanks!

You going to the Taylorsville Rd. one? :ninja:

Was going to hit it up on Saturday if you weren't. ;)

Fermli
02-02-2012, 10:24 PM
thanks for the heads up. will check it out.

Sola_Fide
02-02-2012, 10:26 PM
You going to the Taylorsville Rd. one? :ninja:

Was going to hit it up on Saturday if you weren't. ;)

Haha...ill let you have it:)

The one by big lots toward Bardstown road? Or further down?

I lived in that area for years, now I'm in the springhurst. I think there is one in St. Matthews though.

Marky
02-02-2012, 10:28 PM
I looked at the 2 Dollar Trees by my house, and all I found were multiple copies of Vicente Fox’s and Avery Johnson’s autobiographies:toady: and some other random garbage.

Sola_Fide
02-02-2012, 10:29 PM
I looked at the 2 Dollar Trees by my house, and all I found were multiple copies of Vicente Fox’s and Avery Johnson’s autobiographies:toady: and some other random garbage.

That sucks. Might be a regional thing.

yatez112
02-02-2012, 10:29 PM
Haha...ill let you have it:)

The one by big lots toward Bardstown road? Or further down?

I lived in that area for years, now I'm in the springhurst. I think there is one in St. Matthews though.

That's actually the one nearest to SpringHurst possibly...I grew up over near Hurstbourne and lived in Prospect since freshman year in HS. (Coming in town this week).

I'll check it out when I venture that way just in case. ;) Take them if you want. Might check some in Cincy, too. :)

Sola_Fide
02-02-2012, 10:32 PM
That's actually the one nearest to SpringHurst possibly...I grew up over near Hurstbourne and lived in Prospect since freshman year in HS. (Coming in town this week).

I'll check it out when I venture that way just in case. ;) Take them if you want. Might check some in Cincy, too. :)

Cool, I grew up in LaGrange myself! I used to manage the GNC store in Prospect, next to Krogers....small world...

MJU1983
02-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the tip. I'll def stop by... :cool: