PDA

View Full Version : A few points

cska80
11-11-2007, 01:58 PM
Hi all. I'm new to the forums. Thought I'd share a few views and points that I have.

First off, I feel that immigration is the number one issue on the minds of Americans today. The Iraq war and the economy are very important, but I think immigration was the straw that broke the camels back. Also, the immigration problem we have is directly related to the economy, as well as healthcare, education, jobs, and civil liberties.

During the amnesty debate, when we had our government trying to slip the destruction of our borders in under our noses, we had dramatic majorities of people polling against immigration, from 80 to 85 percent. We had GOP phone lines crashing across the country. We had our politicians phone lines, voice mail, and email equally swamped. I believe this is the point where average Americans finally realized that both parties are working together towards the same goal...although most still don't realize what the goal is at this point.

I could go into the problems we face in this area, but my point is that I feel the candidate which takes hold of the immigration issue will be the next president. The candidate that doesn't pander to the special interests or big business...the candidate that speaks the truth...the candidate that talks about our border, language and culture and bring it to the forefront will be embraced by the masses.

I know Dr. Paul is strong on this issue, but it's drastically overshadowed by the war and the economy. I feel that bringing immigration to the forefront will enchance name recognition and support from across the entire country.

I also feel that people should be using talk radio as a tool to spread the message of the campaign. I call many shows, including Glenn Beck and some local shows in my area, to argue points and issues concerning Dr. Paul. I know that a lot of people feel the audience of the big talk radio shows out there are war mongers, but just like to friends, family and coworkers, I try to ask this question: What's more important, Iraq or our own country? Most people who want to vote for Ghouliani or Romney realize that they are socially liberal and we'll also get the status quo on everything else like spending and immigration, but they are pro Iraq war so they'll take the chance.

The funny thing is that 99% of what Ron Paul believes in is the same thing 100% of conservative talk radio preaches every day. Just because he's against the war, they paint him as a liberal. They want to hide the fact that he is the most conservative candidate running. Making the point that voting against someone whom you agree with 99% of the time but is anti war is an ignorant thing to do. Even if we win in Iraq, we're still losing our country. Ron Paul is the only answer.

RonPaulForLife
11-11-2007, 02:15 PM
I disagree.
1. None of the "top tier" candidates have made an issue out of immigration. Immigration was Tancredo's sole platform. It doesn't win many votes.

2. Libertarians would prefer that Paul endorse amnesty. You want to alienate his base?

pcosmar
11-11-2007, 02:50 PM
It is amazing. The people overwhelmingly spoke out in opposition to the amnesty, But they still want to push it.
I like Dr.Paul's position, End the incentives.

0zzy
11-11-2007, 02:51 PM
I think he's doing fine atm. Just needs to have more confidence :)

cska80
11-11-2007, 07:35 PM
85% of the public against it, but it won't get votes? Hah. Yes, ending the welfare state is the whole point of it. Jobs and the welfare state are the problems causing it, and no one wants to talk about it. I'm saying if a candidate pushes this, he'll get a lot more support.

Oh, and it's liberals who would support amnesty. Any true constitutionalist or liberTARIAN would oppose amnesty to illegals, and open borders.