PDA

View Full Version : Winning Florida - We need to emphasize currency and banking problems

SpiritOf1776_J4
01-23-2012, 04:49 PM
We can win Florida, or at least make a lasting and sudden impact if we emphasize the currency and banking problems in a direct way to the voters, since many of them are on retirement or fixed income and it directly impacts them.

That the banking collapse impacts their retirement funds. What happened in 2007 when everyone lost their money, and videos of Ron Paul grilling Bernanke and Greenspan to emphasize the point.

How the currency has been pumped up, and we will have massive inflation and how that impacts people on a fixed income.

This is important. It is positive campaigning. I think we should mention it every chance we get, and run ads.

SpiritOf1776_J4
01-23-2012, 04:51 PM
This excites me. Get back to the basics, and talk about the one issue most affecting Florida. Think of the housing collapse down there too.

nbruno322
01-23-2012, 04:54 PM
While money and banking is the most important topic overall, it is not in my opinion what is going to help us in FL, where the demographics are heavily skewed to the 65 plus age group. That group is going to want to hear more about Ron's plan for social security rather than enroll in an economics lesson.

SpiritOf1776_J4
01-23-2012, 04:56 PM
While money and banking is the most important topic overall, it is not in my opinion what is going to help us in FL, where the demographics are heavily skewed to the 65 plus age group. That group is going to want to hear more about Ron's plan for social security rather than enroll in an economics lesson.

Yes, but that is where we are getting it wrong. A banking collapse and inflation does affect IRAs, Retirement funds and people on fixed income. It affects older people the most. And Florida was heavily hit by the housing crisis. People with money in stocks were massivly hit in 2007.

We are explaining things wrong. And we have the right issues on our side.

ConsideringRonPaul
01-23-2012, 04:58 PM
I like the optimism but winning Florida isn't possible. Taking a solid 3rd/ distancing from Santorum/ ~10points below Willard would be a huge victory

SpiritOf1776_J4
01-23-2012, 05:00 PM
I like the optimism but winning Florida isn't possible. Taking a solid 3rd/ distancing from Santorum/ ~10points below Willard would be a huge victory

Even if we make a sudden massive dent, we win, because we are surely going to have massive inflation by the end of summer and fall. And then all those people will remember what we said - if we explain it.

SpiritOf1776_J4
01-23-2012, 06:00 PM
What we need is a good panic, like that scene where all the colonials are rushing to see if the wizard can help after the surrender Dorothy part..

Ok, maybe I am kidding about that last part, but this IS the real issue.