PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana Ballot?

Sandra
11-11-2007, 01:56 PM
I can't find anywhere a list of candidates on the Louisiana Primary ballot. Has it been released yet?

torchbearer
11-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Contact the secretary of state office:
http://www.sos.louisiana.gov/

I think our presidential Primary is February 5. our votes will only go to elect 16 delegates out of a total of 41. The rest are pre-selected delegates which are top GOP party leaders in the state who probably don't support ron paul....
The 16 delegates are spread among the 7 congressional districts. but you have to garner at least 10% overall to get any apportionment of delegates.

torchbearer
11-11-2007, 02:05 PM
Contact the secretary of state office:
http://www.sos.louisiana.gov/

I think our presidential Primary is February 5. but out votes will only go to elect 16 delegates out of a total of 41. The rest are pre-selected delegates which are top GOP party leaders in the state who probably don't support ron paul....
The 16 delegates are spread among the 7 congressional districts. but you have to garner at least 10% overall to get any apportionment of delegates.

as you can see... before the first vote is cast in louisiana we've lost the majority of delegates in this state. I hope its not that way in every state or we really don't stand a chance. This is a loaded deck from the start.

Sandra
11-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Didn't we get afew few more delagates as a "prize" for electing a Republican governor?

torchbearer
11-11-2007, 02:52 PM
I hadn't heard of any such thing, but it could be possible. We don't deserve the amount of delegates we have, but they give our state so many delegates because its a safe neocon haven.

CelestialRender
11-16-2007, 07:40 AM
The "prize" is true. We get one extra for electing a GOP gov.

We'll have 45, 24 of which will be elected at-large. (That's including our Jindal one.)

apostropheez
12-07-2007, 11:03 PM
There must be a Misunderstanding; am I wrong to assume there are ( 15 )delegates in ( 7 ) districts; totaling 105. I do have a link :

http://www.gop.com/Images/AllStateSummaries.pdf

But, this is from 2004; How many of the 45 will be hand picked out of 105? Please explain?

SamAdams
12-09-2007, 01:53 AM
District caucuses will be held on Jan 10th. Here, there will be 15 delegates chosen to attend the state convention on Feb 16th.

On Feb 9th, the people of Louisiana will vote in a Presidential Preference Primary. If one candidate receives a majority of the vote, then 20 at-large 'soft delegates' will be promised to that candidate at the national convention. (this is next to impossible with the number of people in the race)

At the state convention on the 16th, the 105 district delegates as well as the party leaders will choose those 20 delegates, as well as 3 other at-large delegates. The top three party officials are automatic delegates. Then, the 15 delegates from each district will choose 3 from their group to go on to the national convention. That makes 47 delegates in all including the bonus for Jindal.

In no case is any delegate pledged for a candidate beyond the first ballot at the national convention.

Therefore, the imperative is to get as many RP supporters to the district caucus as possible so as to vote in as many RP supporters to the state convention, so as to have as many RP supporters from Louisiana at the national convention.

apostropheez
12-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Thank You for the clear-up on the issue Sam; Every true FACT helps.
"Trust is always a Casualty of war, never more so than with regard to the lead-up to the current conflict"- Ron Paul

Sandra
12-09-2007, 03:09 PM
Does anyone know the locations of the district caucuses?

jenninlouisiana
12-09-2007, 11:03 PM
We only know that district 7 (Lake Charles, et al) will be in Lake Charles. We're awaiting the other districts....