PDA

View Full Version : Audio update: Rand Paul on Hannity radio show talking about TSA detention

jct74
01-23-2012, 03:03 PM
I guess I'll post this in Grassroots Central since the TSA thing is the big news of the day and I'm sure he will talk about Ron's campaign too. Gingrich is on next after 4 ET break, don't know exactly when Rand will be on.

stream:
http://wabcradio.com/article.asp?id=531472

update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr-JAr6B0Ko

jct74
01-23-2012, 03:29 PM
coming up after the commercial I think

jct74
01-23-2012, 03:36 PM
on now

jct74
01-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Hannity saying Ron attacked him already :rolleyes:

EndTheFed
01-23-2012, 03:38 PM
He's on now...

jct74
01-23-2012, 03:39 PM
talking about being sent to cubicle, told he couldn't leave or make phone calls

steel-the-deal
01-23-2012, 03:39 PM
is it over?? its on commercials now..

ohgodno
01-23-2012, 03:42 PM
Hannity is all commercials - then 3 minutes of him whining - then more commercials.

jct74
01-23-2012, 03:42 PM
is it over?? its on commercials now..

no, still on.

MsDoodahs
01-23-2012, 03:43 PM
I will not listen to Hannity anymore after his last round of vicious attacks on Ron.

Someone give a summary, and thanks for telling us that once again PrettyBoy is squealing that Ron "attacked" him again.

joshnorris14
01-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Already dissing Ron Paul

hardrightedge
01-23-2012, 03:45 PM
I will never understand how Rand lets Hannity get away with that b.s.

LisaNY
01-23-2012, 03:46 PM

he will regret it one day when Ron is no longer around.

Paulistinian
I hate that little leprechaun fuck.

schiffheadbaby

Rand wants to fit in too much.

I hate it, I'd have Ron's back.

Hannity thinks he is a tea party guy but loves on Mitt and Newt. can't take it

goldpants
01-23-2012, 03:48 PM
This is the Mr Nice Guy Rand instead of the kickass. Nothing inspiring with this interview.

jct74
01-23-2012, 03:49 PM
more 3rd party talk

cdw
01-23-2012, 03:49 PM
Shaking my head at this interview.

Nothing about how the TSA should be eliminated from Rand. Just whining about the process, with a suggestion that some racial profiling would be more effective. Straight up weak. This law is unconstitutional and doesn't make anyone safer.

joshnorris14
01-23-2012, 03:51 PM
Rand Paul scares me.

hardrightedge
01-23-2012, 03:51 PM
Hannity is digging at Ron Paul...and Rand is going right along with it...it really, really makes me sick...

Danjlion7
01-23-2012, 03:57 PM
Rand is starting to make me sick.

Epic
01-23-2012, 03:58 PM
Rand is so annoying. He won't stand up for his father at all...

steel-the-deal
01-23-2012, 04:00 PM
Hannity is the worst and he and Rand almost sounded like fishing buddies bs'ing around the water cooler...wtf?!

bluesc
01-23-2012, 04:03 PM
Anyone want to sum up why everyone is pissed with Rand?

trey4sports
01-23-2012, 04:04 PM

interested in this as well.

ohgodno
01-23-2012, 04:05 PM

Rand is playing buddy-buddy with Hannity. Didn't defend Ron when Hannity charged that Ron was negative with his ads, didn't defend Ron when Hannity charged that Ron was only looking to get delegates and not win… overall Rand just agreed with everything he said. Basically came out in favor of racial profiling rather than abolishing the TSA.

Muwahid
01-23-2012, 04:06 PM
Yeah anyone want to paraphrase? I missed it

Rands typically the more "mainstream" Paul, but still stands against the TSA, PATRIOT act, and all these other things which trample our rights

DerailingDaTrain
01-23-2012, 04:09 PM
After reading that post about Rand being in favor of racial profiling I find it hard to believe and think people are just pissed that Rand isn't up in Hannity's face talking shit and is simply telling his point of view on the incident he had today.

steel-the-deal
if your still listening...frothy is on kissing Sean's ass

rp2012win
Yeah anyone want to paraphrase? I missed it

Rands typically the more "mainstream" Paul, but still stands against the TSA, PATRIOT act, and all these other things which trample our rightsSo your telling me if paul doesnt win then I have nothing to look forward to in 4 years? I dont want mainstream.

bunklocoempire
01-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Keep your friends close..but keep your enemies closer.

Rand knows this. Other folks don't.

It's like smiling and nodding when you as you disagree with someone instead of scowling. Just strategy.

bluesc
01-23-2012, 04:11 PM
If it's the same reason as in the other thread it is because Ron released a statement with some "harsh words" for the TSA in it and everyone is pissed that Rand wouldn't say if he agreed with it or not.

Well that wasn't very helpful. You can't go all badass revolutionary on the TSA and then pussyfoot your way around the harsh words.

DerailingDaTrain
01-23-2012, 04:12 PM

It's like smiling and nodding when you as you disagree with someone instead of scowling. Just strategy.

Exactly what I thought. Just because he isn't yelling at Hannity doesn't mean they are best buddies (have you heard the things Hannity has said about him and his father?) just that he is the better man.

tempest
01-23-2012, 04:14 PM
Whoa, I guess reality is finally sinking in among the "delusional" segment of Paulites.

Until these last months ago both Rand AND Hannity (and incidentally Glenn Beck) were almost holy saints and criticizing them was frowned upon as "bad for the cause".

What a difference a primary campaign makes!

DerailingDaTrain
01-23-2012, 04:17 PM
Are you delusional? I see nothing but Rand bashing whenever he is mentioned. People call him Paul-lite and other insulting names and while I agree that he isn't as good as Paul he's without a doubt better than anyone else.

PS I still HIGHLY doubt he said he was in favor of racial profiling.

RickyJ
01-23-2012, 04:17 PM
Exactly what I thought. Just because he isn't yelling at Hannity doesn't mean they are best buddies (have you heard the things Hannity has said about him and his father?) just that he is the better man.

He knows he is dealing with an intellectual light weight with Hannity. He also is probably pissed off by the recent TSA detainment that he is telling himself over and over, to be calm and don't say anything that could hurt the cause of freedom. In doing so he may appear to not be as aggressive about this injustice as we would like him to be.

Indy Vidual
01-23-2012, 04:19 PM
Until these last months ago both Rand AND Hannity (and incidentally Glenn Beck) were almost holy saints and criticizing them was frowned upon as "bad for the cause"...

Right, can you provide one or more links that clearly prove your grand statement?

Schiff_FTW
01-23-2012, 04:21 PM
Until these last months ago both Rand AND Hannity (and incidentally Glenn Beck) were almost holy saints and criticizing them was frowned upon as "bad for the cause".

Wrong. Hannity has always been hated here and it has been at least four years (starting around the time he called us terrorists) that Beck has been out of favor.

BuddyRey
01-23-2012, 04:22 PM
Does anyone have a tube of the interview yet? I don't want to pass any judgements on Rand before all the evidence is in.

Brett85
01-23-2012, 04:26 PM
Did Rand say that the TSA shouldn't be abolished? I believe he's said before that the TSA should be abolished and replaced with private companies. The fact that he didn't mention it here doesn't mean that he doesn't want to get rid of it.

mbburch
01-23-2012, 04:30 PM
Whoa, I guess reality is finally sinking in among the "delusional" segment of Paulites.

Uh.... snowballs in 2007? We've hated Hannity for a while.

EndTheECB
01-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Maybe Rand is aiming for the VP post, thus meaning he must play along with the devil by stabing his father in the back.

jct74
01-23-2012, 04:57 PM
tube

dbill27
01-23-2012, 05:02 PM

No

JJ2
01-23-2012, 05:02 PM
Michael Savage starts in a few minutes. I'm sure he'll be talking about Rand and the TSA.

thesnake742
01-23-2012, 05:06 PM
Jason Lewis starts now. Everyone should listen to him, he's a libertarian, generally, and always has good things to say about Ron Paul.

trey4sports
01-23-2012, 05:08 PM
yeah, Rand does advocate profiling. No doubt 'bout it.

Brett85
01-23-2012, 05:11 PM

There should be profiling to some extent. That doesn't mean that every Muslim looking person should be detained, but it does mean that a 20 year old male from Yemen is more likely to be a terrorist than a 80 year old grandma born and raised in the United States.

WD-NY
01-23-2012, 05:15 PM

So does Ron

AuH20
01-23-2012, 05:15 PM

Bless his soul. It's called common sense police work.

AuH20
01-23-2012, 05:16 PM

They're projecting Ron's 2012 primary failures on Rand. It's called displacement. They hate that he is more liked than dad.

trey4sports
01-23-2012, 05:16 PM
wasn't nearly as bad as people are making it out to be. Rand doesn't do much to stand up for Ron though.

trey4sports
01-23-2012, 05:17 PM
So does Ron

Ron advocates profiling?

low preference guy
01-23-2012, 05:18 PM
Rand didn't offend my sensibilities on this interview. Ron wouldn't mind either.

JJ2
01-23-2012, 05:19 PM
Rand Paul is going to be interviewed on the Savage Nation radio show (not sure which hour), although it is a guest host filling in for Michael Savage.

mbburch
01-23-2012, 05:19 PM
Profiling is not a dirty word, and it does not necessarily mean racial profiling. A 90-year old grandma should not be treated like a potential terrorist - this is common sense. But TSA agents are not allowed to use common sense. They have to treat every passenger equally. That is Rand's point.

AuH20
01-23-2012, 05:20 PM

Why make enemies when you don't need to? RP supporters want to fight the world and then act surprised when the vote tabulation reads 5%. You pick your battles. Some are more strategically beneficial than others.

Brett85
01-23-2012, 05:21 PM
He was talking about doing homework on the passengers before hand to figure out who the legitimate threats are. As AuH20 said, that's just good police work. Everything Rand said in this interview is absolutely correct.

fatjohn
01-23-2012, 05:21 PM
yeah very dissapointing interview for sure.

Brett85
01-23-2012, 05:24 PM
yeah very dissapointing interview for sure.

What's dissappointing about bashing the TSA?

trey4sports
01-23-2012, 05:27 PM
nvm

AuH20
01-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Profiling is not a dirty word, and it does not necessarily mean racial profiling. A 90-year old grandma should not be treated like a potential terrorist - this is common sense. But TSA agents are not allowed to use common sense. They have to treat every passenger equally. That is Rand's point.

If you have limited resources and cannot search every passenger, you have to use common sense. These days this horribly efficient method is called profiling.

DeadheadForPaul
01-23-2012, 05:31 PM
Guys, Rand is playing the game.

Ron probably supports Rand's strategy

He has taken the liberty message mainstream!

Rand has stood up against the Patriot Act, NDAA, PIPA, SOPA, Gun restrictions, the Debt Ceiling, the War in Iraq, the War in Afghanistan and now the TSA

What the hell do you want from the guy?

DeadheadForPaul
01-23-2012, 05:35 PM

Purists have disliked Rand from day one. Can't tell you how mean-spirited some of them were during the 2010 elections

Ron and Rand are CLOSE. I'm willing to be he's encouraging Rand's strategy of mainstream appeal while still staying true to the liberty message.

Rand is playing it smart and bringing in allies. He won Kentucky on the liberty message

Rand has simply made the liberty message more palatable. Sorry folks, but I'm sick and tired of being 2% every year in the elections.

When you speak to the general public, you don't speak in the same way that you do at a Mises Institute event...You know your audience and play it smart

WE ARE WINNING

RestoreTheRepublic
01-23-2012, 05:37 PM
I don't get why everyone gets on Rands case. He is playing the Republican establishment for a bunch of fools. I really think his tough talk against Iran is just talk to play to the neocon segment. He is very shrewd in playing the political game. He is really setting himself up nicely for a run in 2016.

Also, I love Ron and commend him greatly for never wavering from his principles. But let's be honest with ourselves..if Rand was running he would be winning right now. Rand stands with Ron on the major issues, he just buddies up withe establishment because he knows he needs them on his side to win the nomination.

I hate the media as much as the next guy, but we need to infiltrate and pretend to be one of them to get to the White House. Play their game and play them for fools all the way to the White House. I really think if Obama is re-elected then Rand will win in 2016. Once in the White House his policies will mirror Ron's. I think it's brilliant and Ron is setting Rand up perfectly by getting the message out now.

AuH20
01-23-2012, 05:37 PM
Purists have disliked Rand from day one. Can't tell you how mean-spirited some of them were during the 2010 elections

Ron and Rand are CLOSE. I'm willing to be he's encouraging Rand's strategy of mainstream appeal while still staying true to the liberty message.

Rand is playing it smart and bringing in allies. He won Kentucky on the liberty message

WE ARE WINNING

It's not even acting mainstream. Trust me. Rand is far from mainstream. But Rand is intentionally avoiding the baggage that has made his father seemingly "unelectable." He's aware of the MSM's agenda. Look at the manner in which CNBC jumped on this story. You would have thought Rand was trying to sneak some heroin on-board.

DeadheadForPaul
01-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Did Rand say that the TSA shouldn't be abolished? I believe he's said before that the TSA should be abolished and replaced with private companies. The fact that he didn't mention it here doesn't mean that he doesn't want to get rid of it.

He was on the Situation Room on CNN a few hours ago and said that private security is better than TSA security

edit: Removed rant - too much coffee ;)

Noob
01-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Guys, Rand is playing the game.

Ron probably supports Rand's strategy

He has taken the liberty message mainstream!

Rand has stood up against the Patriot Act, NDAA, PIPA, SOPA, Gun restrictions, the Debt Ceiling, the War in Iraq, the War in Afghanistan and now the TSA

What the hell do you want from the guy?

Bills that abolish the TSA, DHS, repeals the Patriot Act,all gun restrictions, and all anti-terror laws since 2001 are a few things that come into mind.

DogLover2113
01-23-2012, 05:42 PM
Rand is a smart guy. He knows how to play them all. I read his book. I believe he is as much for liberty as his father. He knows what he is doing. He's just setting his cards up correctly. I am hoping to see him run for president next election if Ron Paul is not running.

seapilot
01-23-2012, 05:43 PM
It's not even acting mainstream. Trust me. Rand is far from mainstream. But Rand is intentionally avoiding the baggage that has made his father seemingly "unelectable." He's aware of the MSM's agenda. Look at the manner in which CNBC jumped on this story. You would have thought Rand was trying to sneak some heroin on-board.

To me it looks like Rand is playing their game and some day will Trojan Horse their ass with limited govt of the Constitution when he becomes president. He is doing a good job, even fooling some Ron Paul purists.

cdw
01-23-2012, 05:44 PM
It's not about fairness or efficiency, it's about that there shouldn't be a TSA; period. It's about that TSA is established under the lie that it for the betterment of passenger's safety when it's solely to strip people of their privacy and dignity. It's about establishing illegal search and seizures as the norm. People are using other means of transportation because of this (which will soon too be under TSA authority) and the airlines industry is losing money over this nonsense. But I'm sure the government will be there to bailout airlines when they go bankrupt too. First the banking industry, then the auto industry, then healthcare, then the airlines. One by one the government will take complete control over. Next up are highways, trains, shopping malls.

AuH20
01-23-2012, 05:44 PM
I don't get why everyone gets on Rands case. He is playing the Republican establishment for a bunch of fools. I really think his tough talk against Iran is just talk to play to the neocon segment. He is very shrewd in playing the political game. He is really setting himself up nicely for a run in 2016.

Also, I love Ron and commend him greatly for never wavering from his principles. But let's be honest with ourselves..if Rand was running he would be winning right now. Rand stands with Ron on the major issues, he just buddies up withe establishment because he knows he needs them on his side to win the nomination.

I hate the media as much as the next guy, but we need to infiltrate and pretend to be one of them to get to the White House. Play their game and play them for fools all the way to the White House. I really think if Obama is re-elected then Rand will win in 2016. Once in the White House his policies will mirror Ron's. I think it's brilliant and Ron is setting Rand up perfectly by getting the message out now.

It's the 2016 primary in Des Moines.

Chris Wallace: "In previous years, your father made it abundantly clear that he thought Iran's motivations for nuclear weapons were purely defensive. What makes you different from your father in that respect to the Iranian regime?"

Rand Paul: Well, Chris. For one, myself and my father are two different individuals. More importantly, I did vote for economic sanctions against the Iranian central bank in 2011. <Paul flashes middle finger quickly while grasping podium> :)

steph3n
01-23-2012, 05:45 PM

Rand is sneaky, and he won't get caught speaking in front of a confederate flag for example...it just doesn't make political sense.

NewRightLibertarian
01-23-2012, 05:45 PM

A lot of people around here are just delusional assholes who think they know how to promote liberty better than the Paul's

Jack Bauer
01-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Rand Paul acted stupidly.

;)

DeadheadForPaul
01-23-2012, 05:47 PM

Chris Wallace: "In previous years, your father made it abundantly clear that he thought Iran's motivations for nuclear weapons was purely defensive. What makes you different from your father in that respect to the Iranian regime?"

Rand Paul: Well, Chris. For one, myself and my father are two different individuals. Secondly, I did vote for economic sanctions against the Iranian central bank in 2011. <Paul flashes middle finger quickly while grasping podium> :)

+1

Not only does Rand understand how to "choose your battles", but he votes in ways which will help deflect typical arguments against libertarians (such as pacifists, kooky, etc.) while simultaneously advancing the cause of liberty

Ron serves his purpose as an individual who spreads the ideas of liberty.

Rand's purpose is to get those principles into law. However, he cannot do them all, so it is smart to focus on the ones which will be clear victories

How did the big government folks take over our country? PIECE BY PIECE OVER DECADES. They didn't do it over night

So must we take liberty back piece by piece

AuH20
01-23-2012, 05:51 PM
+1

Not only does Rand understand how to "choose your battles", but he votes in ways which will help deflect typical arguments against libertarians (such as pacifists, kooky, etc.) while simultaneously advancing the cause of liberty

Ron serves his purpose as an individual who spreads the ideas of liberty.

Rand's purpose is to get those principles into law. However, he cannot do them all, so it is smart to focus on the ones which will be clear victories

How did the big government folks take over our country? PIECE BY PIECE OVER DECADES. They didn't do it over night

So must we take liberty back piece by piece

Rand Paul is defusing a potential minefield in 2016 by using the notes he has compiled at his father's side. He's seen Ron get unfairly railroaded and abused over the years. He's impervious to their games since knowledge via experience is literally half the battle.

AuH20
01-23-2012, 05:55 PM
Rand is sneaky, and he won't get caught speaking in front of a confederate flag for example...it just doesn't make political sense.

Yes, remember that punk from Rolling Stone sticking a microphone in Rand's face and trying to get a response on his opinion on MLK? Rand could see that fool's agenda a mile away. Sorry schmuck, but "I don't know what you're talking about." Kill them with kindness and political correctness. LOL Do the neocons and statist progressives think they're the only ones who can play the chameleon game?

McChronagle
01-23-2012, 06:06 PM

Chris Wallace: "In previous years, your father made it abundantly clear that he thought Iran's motivations for nuclear weapons was purely defensive. What makes you different from your father in that respect to the Iranian regime?"

Rand Paul: Well, Chris. For one, myself and my father are two different individuals. More importantly, I did vote for economic sanctions against the Iranian central bank in 2011. <Paul flashes middle finger quickly while grasping podium> :)

for all i know, rand could have voted for sanctions on irans central bank knowing it would cause pain now but could lead to them being stronger in the future. i havent looked into it much but ive heard interest rates are rising fast over there. anything to take away a central banks power is better in the long term. so he could have voted on it for completely different reasons than he likes people to assume :cool:

DerailingDaTrain
01-23-2012, 06:11 PM
But doesn't saying you can profile this group of people mean that police can make the same argument? Also, I thought we looked at people as individuals and didn't lump them together into a group, so wtf?

mbburch
01-23-2012, 06:14 PM
Ron is the better educator. Rand is a better politician. We need both, and both are doing an incredible job of building a nationwide movement for freedom. If Ron does not end up in the White House this year, I feel very confident for Rand 2016.

bluesc
01-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Rand is extremely naive.

DerailingDaTrain
01-24-2012, 01:29 PM
But doesn't saying you can profile this group of people mean that police can make the same argument? Also, I thought we looked at people as individuals and didn't lump them together into a group, so wtf?

Bump for an answer

DerailingDaTrain
01-25-2012, 02:50 PM
Bump for an answer

BUMP

Feeding the Abscess
01-25-2012, 07:05 PM
So now Rand is pushing the "he just wants to have a say in the platform and debate" crap too?

Wow. Nice going.

Brett85
01-25-2012, 10:30 PM
So now Rand is pushing the "he just wants to have a say in the platform and debate" crap too?

Wow. Nice going.

DerailingDaTrain
01-26-2012, 12:48 PM
BUMP

Bump for answer

nasaal
02-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Maybe you are all right and Rand is some super liberty spy working his way into the GOP to take it over from the inside. It's possible, but how likely is it really? I'm really nothing like my father, just the way I am. Just because he was raised by Ron doesn't mean he is a thing like him. It is just as likely that he is duping us as it is him duping the GOP. In fact, duping the libertarian voters is a more likely scenario to me. If he's trying to cozy up to the GOP, he's trying pretty damn hard and being very very convincing. I'm not mad at the dude, we all have our hustle in life if we want to move forward. His is using his father's name and legacy to give him grassroots status while running a more GOP platform.