PDA

View Full Version : NEED SOME INFO PLEASE!!! RON PAULS POLICY REGARDING VETERANS??

rb3b3
01-23-2012, 12:46 PM
what is ron pauls policy regarding our veterans disability healthcare?? i have a friend who tells me ron just wants to abandon any healthcare disibility regarding our vets and to me this makes no sense whatsoever.. how can a man who cares so greatly about or military not care about our vets>? thank you very much.

LibertyEagle
01-23-2012, 12:49 PM
That's not true at all. He thinks the veterans are not getting enough care. He wants them to get more and much better care.

Icymudpuppy
01-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Your friend has been listening to too much left wing scare tactics.

Ron's plan has been all along, and continues to be very simple. Save money by reducing our overseas expenditures such as foreign aid, overseas military base upkeep, and unnecessary war so that that money will be available to continue funding Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and Veteran's benefits for all those who are entitled to it. Meanwhile, work to reduce the number of new people becoming entitled by allowing for the option to opt out of SS, Mcare, and Mcaid, and with fewer wars, we won't have as many disabled vets in the first place.

Edit: BTW I am a Disabled Vet. Enough to be a card carrying member of the DAV, but not enough to get any payments from Uncle Sam. I can get free visits at the VA hospital on my conditions, but there really isn't much else to be done. You see, I have lost 20% of the function in my right ring finger, 10% of the function in my right thumb, and 10% hearing loss from injuries sustained in Iraq. However, to get a military disability check, you need to have at least 5% total disability. My finger, thumb and ears together aren't enough to make up 5% of my total function. My hearing isn't bad enough to require hearing aids, the finger and thumb just don't have the full range of motion or strength they used to. But I'm not worried about it. I'm still capable of having a good job in the private sector.

tsai3904
01-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Here's an oped Ron Paul wrote on the subject:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20111228/OPINION01/312280030/Backing-veterans-is-a-must

Lucille
01-23-2012, 12:53 PM
He was very clear about taking care of our veterans at one of last week's debates.

Ron is a physician, and he is the last person who would cut veterans' health care. No one is more aware than he is about the state of crisis so many of our veterans are in. Frankly, I think he's the only one who GAF about them.

LatinsforPaul
01-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Ron Paul: Cutting Veterans’ Healthcare ‘Unjust and Immoral’ (http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/09/21/ron-paul-cutting-veterans-healthcare-unjust-and-immoral/)

bluesc
01-23-2012, 12:55 PM
The budgets for Veterans benefits and the Department of Veterans affairs both increase under Ron's economic plan. This is one of the things Ron wants more spent on.

rb3b3
01-23-2012, 12:59 PM
thanks guys!!! i knew my friend was misinformed!!! thanks again i will definately be converting him guaranteed!!!!!

Paulitics 2011
01-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Ron wants to cut spending, but not do so by breaking the contracts we have with seniors and veterans. He will cut spending in other areas, while preserving senior and veteran entitlements. He also mentioned more mental care for veterans.

rb3b3
01-24-2012, 03:47 PM
YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks fellas!!!!! with your help i just converted a friend of mine who is very stubborn, a guy who is set in his ways, a guy it has taken me a longer time to convert to ron paul.... BUT with your help WE just converted him to ron paul!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSS thank you sooooooo much!!!!!!!!!! here is our facebook messages back and forth...... he just text me and said rob your right, im all in for ron paul!!! im soo happy right now!!!! we all can help each other convert any and all people out there to ron paul supporters!!!!! EXCELLENT!!!

Yesterday
Rob

ron pauls budget for Veterans benefits and the Department of Veterans affairs both increase under Ron's economic plan. This is one of the things Ron wants more spent on.
i knew something didnt make sense when you told me he wants to cut aid to you guys. i just never researched it until now
this gives you even more reason to vote for him. thank you for opening my eyes to it i appreciate it as i too think vets should be with a doubt be taken care of no matter what

31 minutes ago
Tim

After the debate last night you might have me man. That shit got ugly.

3 minutes ago
Rob

Tim i never once in my life voted simply because i felt that there hasnt been one true politician worthy of my vote... This is the first time in 18 years that we have an honest man trying to fix our country who has tons of integrity... This guy is for u veterans and wants to expand on your care... Media only gave him 4 ?s and he killed all of them, if u are leaning towards ron get prepared for the media bias and media blackout of him.. Once ur eyes are open to it, it becomes really sickening how the main stream media actually tell u who u shiuld be voting for. Good to hear u start to come around a little bit. You really know your shit man, so when and if u become a ron paul supporter, spread the word to everyone u can.. Also dont listen to the media only ron paul and mitt romney come within margin to knockout obama. If u have any questions on ron paul i can help get you answers to any question you have for him..oh and yea, that debate was just horrible man, i hope thursdays debate is better but i really hope they give equal time for ron paul to speak, i will not be holding my breath though.

bluesc
01-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Awesome! We get through the misconceptions one at a time.