PDA

View Full Version : Thinking Ahead with your X-mas gift giving budget

Cindy
11-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Many of us usually have a dollar amount budget we work with for gift giving at Christmas.

Every year, that money is there.

This year, instead of buying people presents with that cash, you can create "service gift cards" instead.

Offer your time to do something special for the gift recipients this year and donate the cash to the campaign.

You can make up a little gift card for free babysitting, a special home cooked dinner, a car wash, labor to do some home fix up project, etc etc you get the idea.

It's okay and GOOD to let them know that this year, you are giving your gift of time or expertise in something, so you can donate your money to the Ron Paul campaign.

You'll also get their attention about how great this guy must be for you to be making the sacrifice of your time with gift giving this year instead to help him get nominated.

torchbearer
11-11-2007, 01:41 PM
I'm foregoing christmas this year to send all that money to Ron's Campaign. I've already notified everyone they will not be recieving any gifts this year... but they may get the gift of a consitutional republic next christmas.
In fact, those who have insisted on giving me a gift anyway.. I asked, they send it in the form of cash... which, that too will be going to the campaign.
All in until the end.

seapilot
11-11-2007, 01:45 PM
A good idea I read on the boards is if you are a poor college student (most are) and your folks ask you what gift you want for the holidays you can suggest they donate to RP on Dec. 16th whatever they would have paid for a gift or gift certificate. Serves 2 purposes, folks learn more about RP and Dec. 16 gets more donations.

Cindy
11-11-2007, 01:48 PM
I'm foregoing christmas this year to send all that money to Ron's Campaign. I've already notified everyone they will not be recieving any gifts this year... but they may get the gift of a consitutional republic next christmas.
In fact, those who have insisted on giving me a gift anyway.. I asked, they send it in the form of cash... which, that too will be going to the campaign.
All in until the end.

Thats how I am feeling this year. We ussually take a vacation at Christmas as well. Not this year.

Every Christmas, we come with extra cash for gift giving, holiday festivity spending, and we recieve. We all can get creative and discaplined for this year and find ways to funnel that extra holdiay money flying around to the campaign.

Everyone can be thinking ahead now, how they can do that.

torchbearer
11-11-2007, 01:58 PM
Thats how I am feeling this year. We ussually take a vacation at Christmas as well. Not this year.

Every Christmas, we come with extra cash for gift giving, holiday festivity spending, and we recieve. We all can get creative and discaplined for this year and find ways to funnel that extra holdiay money flying around to the campaign.

Everyone can be thinking ahead now, how they can do that.

With this kind of dedication, we could all give our country and Ron Paul the biggest Christmas gift ever by donating huge on dec. 16th. Merry Christmas America, here's your Constitution back!