PDA

View Full Version : Another Way To Help Ron

robatsu
11-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Run for office as a Ron Paul Republican, feature that your platform is to sweep a slate of candidates into office that support the movement agenda.

There are two benefits for this:

1) Any campaigning you do for yourself also pushes Ron Paul message. Plus, it gives those maxed out another campaign to contribute to that pushes the peace/freedom/prosperity message.

2) President Paul is going to need all the help he can get. Just because he is President, the whole government is not going to roll over. We are going to need friends in as many offices at every level of government.

So file and run for some office that interests you. It may be a charge of the Light Brigade, but Paul running for President sounded pretty crazy in January of this year.

Me, I filed for Republican Primary for MD Congressional District 8, which is lower Montgomery County in the suburbs of DC, one of the more liberal, politically correct strongholds in the nation.

Ironically, if I can get through the primary, I believe that a Ron Paul Republican has the best chance, while still slight, of unseating the Democratic pasha.

One thing to consider is that we are fighting for the message as much as the man. If you can help carry the message into government in addition to one's support of Ron Paul, this will be very valuable downstream.

Electing Paul President is just the beginning of the change. Once he is in office, he can't be waiting around for a couple of election cycles for sympathizers to get elected.

Anyhow, this is something for folks to consider. It would be nice if we could get folks signing up as candidates and then have a list somewhere of who are the announced Ron Paul Republicans and what they are running for.

I believe that this is like many of the grassroots efforts that get maximum bang for the unit effort. Promote Ron & lay the groundwork for an apparatus for execution of policy post election.

I have a blog article in a similar vein here (http://robatsu.blogspot.com/2007/11/off-to-races.html).