PDA

View Full Version : Obama Defends Roe V. Wade With the Most Bizarre Reasoning

AuH20
01-23-2012, 09:19 AM
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-defends-roe-v-wade-way-our-daughters-have-same-chance-sons-fulfill-their-dreams

“As we mark the 39th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, we must remember that this Supreme Court decision not only protects a woman’s health and reproductive freedom, but also affirms a broader principle: that government should not intrude on private family matters,” Obama said. “I remain committed to protecting a woman’s right to choose and this fundamental constitutional right.

“While this is a sensitive and often divisive issue -- no matter what our views, we must stay united in our determination to prevent unintended pregnancies, support pregnant woman and mothers, reduce the need for abortion, encourage healthy relationships, and promote adoption,” Obama said.

“And as we remember this historic anniversary, we must also continue our efforts to ensure that our daughters have the same rights, freedoms, and opportunities as our sons to fulfill their dreams.”

Huh? the government intrudes on private family matters indirectly or indirectly nearly every second of every day. Secondly, he basically just stated that abortion to a female is basically birth control for convenience. He's not even trying to pass off the noble lie.

Icymudpuppy
01-23-2012, 09:48 AM
Meanwhile, the family is denied any say in the matter.

RonPaulMania
01-23-2012, 12:41 PM
Also, how can "our daughters have the same rights" if they were already killed?

Real men of genius...

torchbearer
01-23-2012, 12:46 PM
if someone i brought into this world gets in the way of my happiness, i have a right to kill them.
did i get that right?

fisharmor
01-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Aren't there still places in the US where if you decide to have the child, you could be criminally charged for intentionally giving birth at home?
I know for a fact there are lots of places where if you hire the wrong midwife, everyone's in trouble.
ETA: did some fact checking, and it's only the midwife who can go to jail in both cases....
...so I guess they really are staying out of our busines... :rolleyes:

lilymc
01-23-2012, 12:54 PM
Keep in mind, this is the guy who voted against protecting BORN (post-birth), breathing babies who survived an abortion attempt. He is soulless and dangerous, imo.