PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussen FL Poll...

pauliticalfan
01-23-2012, 09:10 AM
Newt 41
Mitt 32
Rick 11
Ron 8

And this is why we shouldn't spend a single day or penny on this state:

When asked which candidate has the best personal character, 41% say Romney, 30% Santorum, 11% Gingrich and 10% Paul.

isthisonetakenalso
01-23-2012, 09:13 AM
Hooked on the Faux News drug...

pauliticalfan
01-23-2012, 09:13 AM
I'm actually offended by the personal character question. Ron has more moral character than flip flop Mitt and three wives Gingrich put together, yet he's last? Forget this state, they don't deserve Ron.

pauliticalfan
01-23-2012, 09:20 AM
I'm actually offended by the personal character question. Ron has more moral character than flip flop Mitt and three wives Gingrich put together, yet he's last? Forget this state, they don't deserve Ron.

Negative rep for this post, seriously? Why don't you actually post in the thread and tell everyone what's so bad about it. You don't think the man whose been married to the same woman for 54 years, has delivered thousands of babies, and served in the military has more moral character than his opponents? Incredible.

newbitech
01-23-2012, 09:23 AM
Negative rep for this post, seriously? Why don't you actually post in the thread and tell everyone what's so bad about it. You don't think the man whose been married to the same woman for 54 years, has delivered thousands of babies, and served in the military has more moral character than his opponents? Incredible.

it was 750 people in the survey. You are dissing a huge chunk of people who have paid good money to see Ron Paul compete on a national level. You need back off lumping me in that category because of state I live in.

And no, I wasn't the person who neg rep you.

pauliticalfan
01-23-2012, 09:29 AM
it was 750 people in the survey. You are dissing a huge chunk of people who have paid good money to see Ron Paul compete on a national level. You need back off lumping me in that category because of state I live in.

Um, yes you were. And I've invested heavily in seeing Ron Paul compete on the national level as well. Saying that I'm "what's wrong with the liberty movement" in your neg rep (that you claim isn't yours) is offensive. Obviously FL Ron Paul supporters are patriots. It's the other 90% that are neocons and are the problem.

Cody1
01-23-2012, 09:29 AM

lol

blazeKing
01-23-2012, 09:30 AM
If Newton wins Florida, that actually bodes well for us...Gingrich only does well in the south, he'll steal momentum from Romney and Paul can win the northern, western, states...and Virginia if Romney is basically out by then :D

newbitech
01-23-2012, 09:38 AM
Um, yes you were. And I've invested heavily in seeing Ron Paul compete on the national level as well. Saying that I'm "what's wrong with the liberty movement" in your neg rep (that you claim isn't yours) is offensive. Obviously FL Ron Paul supporters are patriots. It's the other 90% that are neocons and are the problem.

got a screen shot? It's easy. go to your rep board, hit the print screen key. Create a new bitmap, save it, upload it to flickr and copy the url. The come back and post it here.

01-23-2012, 09:38 AM
If Newton wins Florida, that actually bodes well for us...Gingrich only does well in the south, he'll steal momentum from Romney and Paul can win the northern, western, states...and Virginia if Romney is basically out by then :D

Romney has invested 6 years of his life into his presidential campaign. He's not going to drop out.

What'll you see is Gingrich, Romney and their respective superpacs are going to go scorched earth on each other in FL. It'll be ugly dirty politics. Ron will be an afterthought, his chances are slim, not just in FL but nationally. Miracles do happen though.

Darthbrooklyn
01-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Even though FL is winner take all... we need to beat Frothy... just for Perceptions sake...

jasonxe
01-23-2012, 09:44 AM
Mitt Romney family values good guy ad plays a lot on TV in florida.

blazeKing
01-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Romney has invested 6 years of his life into his presidential campaign. He's not going to drop out.

What'll you see is Gingrich, Romney and their respective superpacs are going to go scorched earth on each other in FL. It'll be ugly dirty politics. Ron will be an afterthought, his chances are slim, not just in FL but nationally. Miracles do happen though.

It just means more chances for debates and Ron will be there...if Romney won SC, there would be no debates and Ron would get even less media attention than he is now.

pauliticalfan
01-23-2012, 09:49 AM
got a screen shot? It's easy. go to your rep board, hit the print screen key. Create a new bitmap, save it, upload it to flickr and copy the url. The come back and post it here.

I will just as soon as I'm out of class, at 12. On my iPad right now. Why are you denying this?

newbitech
01-23-2012, 09:50 AM

for instance, here is your motivation. I see you did exactly what you accused me of. Yet we see who the one who steps up and takes ownership when being called out. You called out the state of Florida, which includes me. You deserved a neg rep, regardless of it was from me or not. Still waiting on that screen shot btw.

You need to learn that the movement that I fund is not known for participating in putting people together in groups and making stereotypical comments that only serve to inflame.

It's damn bad enough that the campaign made a mistake of telling the media that they'd not be participating in Florida. It's even worse to listen to people in the grassroots hub try to justify that BS.

Your motive.. and the link to the thread that you need to not be a hypocrite in. Go on that thread and post why my topic was uncalled for. Here is your link.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?354657-Some-more-crap-about-Florida-you-probably-don-t-care-to-know.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7019/6749366305_a537d2267a_z.jpg

JS4Pat
01-23-2012, 09:53 AM
Newt 41
Mitt 32
Rick 11
Ron 8

And this is why we shouldn't spend a single day or penny on this backwards state:

When asked which candidate has the best personal character, 41% say Romney, 30% Santorum, 11% Gingrich and 10% Paul.

As a Floridian I must agree.

That 8% represents the number of thinking and/or uncorrupt folks in my state.

Yes, it is sad...

purepaloma
01-23-2012, 09:54 AM
Amazing how the polls move.

pauliticalfan
01-23-2012, 09:54 AM
Newbitech:

Why don't you spend your time trying to convert the 90% of people who currently don't support Ron Paul instead of criticizing me? I already support the guy.

Also, Florida is a closed primary, winner take all state that would've taken 10 million dollars to most likely not even get a single delegate. The campaign was right to skip it.

newbitech
01-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Newbitech:

Why don't you spend your time trying to convert the 90% of people who currently don't support Ron Paul instead of criticizing me? I already support the guy.

Also, Florida is a closed primary, winner take all state that would've taken 10 million dollars to most likely not even get a single delegate. The campaign was right to skip it.

Ok. You are probably right. I probably did lash out at you for no reason. I am irate right now, and this has been building for the past 2 weeks. I'd still like you to shove that screen shot of me being an asshole down my throat though.

I think I made a point to NOT neg rep you and give you a plus rep even though I disagree that is because I specifically do not want the kind of revenge response that you posted. You have no idea how demoralizing it is to hear everyone talk about ignoring Florida. Yet it continues, ruthlessly.

It is almost like people in this forum seriously do believe that there is nothing in FLorida except for old people with no internet. It is so sickening to hear all the parroting and misinformation about Florida.

I simply try to educate and give alternative view cause I damn live here. No one wants to hear it. Fine, but damn if I am going to sit here and get lumped in to some category after almost 5 years of busting ass.

Florida is going to be just like every other state for Ron Paul. The grassroots will deliver something like 3 times 2008 support, and do it without backing from the campaign. Know what that tells me? Tells me exactly what I have been saying since I discovered the campaign was skipping Florida.

The campaign is flat taking grassroots support for granted, their ad buys are more professional, but have been about as effective as "he's catching on".

I agree, don't spend money in Florida on tv advertising. Even though I agree for completely different reasons. The ads don't seem to be having an effect on delivering the message that creates Ron Paul voters. I thought they did, until I started realizing that the trend of support growth over 2008 for Ron Paul is being propped up by the grassroots, and not the ads. You realize that 3-4x's support is not even close to what is needed to win, right?

The ads need to do what the grassroots aren't able to. S.C. opened my eyes to the effectiveness of the grassroots over 4 years. Florida will prove that spending any more money on T.V. ads had better be targeted at delivering 10x's 2008 support.

I'd probably ditch the TV ads completely at this point and use that money to reinforce the grassroots in EVERY state rather than simply picking and choosing caucuses.

W/E

The Florida bashing is down right ignorant.

unknown
01-23-2012, 10:15 AM

Where is the rep board and whats a bit map?

unknown
01-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Why are we giving credibility to Rasmussen when they consistently undervalue RP?

samsung1
01-23-2012, 10:27 AM
Florida is a suburb of NY/ NJ.. so this shouldn't surprise anyone

Jeremy
01-23-2012, 10:31 AM
If Newt wins Florida, I don't really see how Mitt could come back!

tbone717
01-23-2012, 10:34 AM

There is a possibility that he may not be able to. Mitt doesn't have an enthusiastic band of supporters by any means. Though I do not see this being the outcome. Romney will be likely able to bounce back in the caucuses and primaries that precede Super Tuesday. My hope is that Paul will win at least 2 states during that time to make this a whole new ballgame.

jay_dub
01-23-2012, 10:40 AM
Florida brought Cain to the top. It will do the same for Newt for the same reason....allegiance to Israel. Just watch the pandering tonight. It will be disgusting.

tennman
01-23-2012, 10:41 AM
So...how will losing very badly in Florida affect the campaign? That's what worries me.

Liberty74
01-23-2012, 11:03 AM

You made too many assumptions and too many ifs all of which is unfounded.

Liberty74
01-23-2012, 11:08 AM

Currently Mitt has money and organization nation wide. Newt has none of that right now but could change. I still bet we aren't going to hear the end of the wife scandal. There is always more to the story than someone - Newt - saying "it's all untrue." Cain said the same damn thing. Where is he? Plus Mitt has drastically turned up the heat on Newt.

LBennett76
01-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Where do you go to see your rep board? I can't find it anywhere...

Keith and stuff
01-23-2012, 11:16 AM

From the CNN New Hampshire Exit polls, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/entry.php?531-Ron-Paul%E2%80%99s-Victory-in-New-Hampshire-was-Both-Wide-and-Deep

Most Important Candidate Quality
Strong Moral Character
Paul 40%
Romney 20%
Huntsman 18%
Santorum 17%
Gingrich 2%
Perry 1%

At least voters in New Hampshire were able to figure out Gingrich's lack of character.

Brett85
01-23-2012, 11:22 AM
Lol. I'm not sure how people here are going to convince Republicans to vote for Ron by insulting them constantly.

Keith and stuff
01-23-2012, 11:24 AM

He could pour a lot of money into NV, ME and CO and try to win those states. I hope he doesn't do that though, as Paul is trying to win those states.

pauliticalfan
01-23-2012, 02:00 PM
For the record...

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6149/47997736.jpg

ropo
01-23-2012, 02:08 PM

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad94/tomekolek/avgn2.gif

CJLauderdale4
01-23-2012, 02:31 PM
It'll be interesting to see how the seniors in FL react when Ron goes off about his son being detained by TSA. They hate TSA in FL...

newbitech
01-23-2012, 03:27 PM
For the record...

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6149/47997736.jpg

ok thanks. I thought your quote in the above post was a lie. Thanks for posting the truth. And I stand by my comment. Also, I am sorry for the neg rep, but I think you deserved it for your hateful comment.

and by the way, here is someone else who likes to play the neg rep revenge game. guy backed you up even went so far as to call me immature.

That is why, like I said to you, I will give pos rep, but I will make it plain in my comment that I disagree.

What is immature is caring more about the color next to the message and the "rep" factor, than the actual comments posted.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7159/6751133065_da2c990577_z.jpg

newbitech
01-23-2012, 03:31 PM

also for the record, here is the comment set off the revenge of neg rep in this thread.

They? who exactly is they? You mean me? You mean the 60k plus people who voted for Ron Paul in 2008 that live in Florida? You mean the people who give 5% of all money bombs? That they?

You want to forget 5% of Ron Paul's activist and supporters. Tell me, any other state you'd like to just forget? Now will you admit that you misquoted me to make it seem like I was somehow personally attacking you?

newbitech
01-23-2012, 03:36 PM
lol

funny, because I got the screen shot proving that he lied about the reason I neg rep'ed him. I was hoping he'd post the screen so everyone could see that what he claimed that I said in the rep post was fabricated. I honestly couldn't remember if I +rep'ed him or not. I have been giving +rep lately for comments I would normally neg rep, because the revenge factor always seems to come in to play with neg reps. It's like people care more that I gave them a red mark rather than giving a flying flip that I have a damn good reason to disagree with them.

So here is some green rep.

AngryCanadian
01-23-2012, 04:02 PM
Rasmussen is wrong :mad:

gerryb
01-23-2012, 04:26 PM
Stop being so butthurt that the campaign isn't sinking resources into FL. It would be an absolute waste.

WE CAN"T WIN THERE.

Get your 60k supporters, and go knock on the 1.2M other primary voters, and maybe it would become a worthwhile investment. Or win GOP Committee positions and make it proportional delegates, and maybe it would become a worthwhile investment.

In FL you have a voter pool of 1.2M for 50 delegates, in MN you have a voter pool of 60k, for 50 delegates. Which one do you invest in?

Publicani
01-23-2012, 04:34 PM
Normally they come out with a poll like that before a debate to justify giving Ron Paul no time in debate. This poll is not an exception.
In couple of hours, we'll be watching how they ignore Ron Paul.

pauliticalfan
01-23-2012, 04:36 PM
also for the record, here is the comment set off the revenge of neg rep in this thread.

They? who exactly is they? You mean me? You mean the 60k plus people who voted for Ron Paul in 2008 that live in Florida? You mean the people who give 5% of all money bombs? That they?

You want to forget 5% of Ron Paul's activist and supporters. Tell me, any other state you'd like to just forget? Now will you admit that you misquoted me to make it seem like I was somehow personally attacking you?

:rolleyes:

Did I not make it perfectly clear who I was referring to?

Obviously FL Ron Paul supporters are patriots. It's the other 90% that are neocons and are the problem.

At this point, Florida is a money pit. If we want to actually WIN, we'd be much better off spending the resources we would've spent there on caucus states like Colorado, Minnesota, etc. Those states = far more delegates for a fraction of the cost.

You need to start thinking rationally.

Indy Vidual
01-23-2012, 04:39 PM

As long as Gingrich cannot win outside of the South, then this could get really good. :)

parocks
01-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Florida is a suburb of NY/ NJ.. so this shouldn't surprise anyone

Florida isn't a suburb of NY/NJ.

OLD PEOPLE (who don't like us) from NY/NJ live there.

newbitech
01-23-2012, 04:46 PM
:rolleyes:

Did I not make it perfectly clear who I was referring to?

At this point, Florida is a money pit. If we want to actually WIN, we'd be much better spending the resources we would've spent there on caucus states like Colorado, Minnesota, etc. Those states = far more delegates for a fraction of the cost.

You need to start thinking rationally.

of course you posted that after the fact.

70k people went to the caucus in CO in 2008. 5,910 voted for Ron Paul. CO has 36 delegates. MN 62k and just under 10k with 40 delegates.

How much are you willing to spend to get ALL of those delegates? How about half?

There is no rational for spending any money when the plan is to focus on caucus states to rack up enough delegates to force a convention run off, where all those delegates become unbound anyways. So really, all you need is to have your supporters become delegates. How much money does that take and what is the use of buying TV ads to make that happen? LOL rationally.

sailingaway
01-23-2012, 04:46 PM
It is one poll. The insider advantage poll is another. Polls are not all going to agree. In both cases Paul and Santorum are within the margin of error, and NEITHER poll will pick up new voters. So we'll see. Ron isn't competing there. We should EXPECT 4th. But I'd love 3d.

pauliticalfan
01-23-2012, 04:49 PM
of course you posted that after the fact.

70k people went to the caucus in CO in 2008. 5,910 voted for Ron Paul. CO has 36 delegates. MN 62k and just under 10k with 40 delegates.

How much are you willing to spend to get ALL of those delegates? How about half?

There is no rational for spending any money when the plan is to focus on caucus states to rack up enough delegates to force a convention run off, where all those delegates become unbound anyways. So really, all you need is to have your supporters become delegates. How much money does that take and what is the use of buying TV ads to make that happen? LOL rationally.

So you're really suggesting we spend money on Florida...to get 0 delegates. Incredible. Or maybe you're just not aware of how the rules work in your state?

AngryCanadian
01-23-2012, 04:50 PM
Normally they come out with a poll like that before a debate to justify giving Ron Paul no time in debate. This poll is not an exception.
In couple of hours, we'll be watching how they ignore Ron Paul.

I do agree with you on that i find the timing of the Rasmussen poll very questionable.

AngryCanadian
01-23-2012, 04:52 PM
It is one poll. The insider advantage poll is another. Polls are not all going to agree. In both cases Paul and Santorum are within the margin of error, and NEITHER poll will pick up new voters. So we'll see. Ron isn't competing there. We should EXPECT 4th. But I'd love 3d.

Still a poll before the debate is very questionable, like this how they did this in SC, and in Iowa.
Why not just wait till the debate is over?

freeforall
01-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Where do you go to see your rep board? I can't find it anywhere...

Go to the top of the page and click on settings. Scroll down a little and you will see them.