PDA

View Full Version : Why Ron is the BEST Possible Candidate EVER

Voluntary Man
01-23-2012, 07:25 AM
President George Herbert Walker Bush (1989-1993)

President George Walker Bush (2001-2009)

Patrick J Buchanan (candidate for GOP nomination 1992 & 1996, Reform Party nominee 2000)

Does anyone else remember these guys? These are the names I want you to think about, next time you're tempted to say something stupid, like "if only Dr Paul were a better messenger..." "if only Dr Paul were a better debater..." "if only Rand were running..." "...then, we would be winning."

Frankly, I'm getting sick to my stomach of reading comments like the above.

First of all, RAND ISNT RUNNING! So, really, stop mentioning his name as a possible alternate candidate to his father, present or future; it isn't helpful, it's counter productive, the motivation behind it is delusional (and, sometimes -- I suspect -- subversive), and I and others are beginning to hate the guy based solely on this one fact. So, please, stop it.

Secondly, those of you who genuinely believe that Dr Paul's (the elder, for those of you with ADD) communication skills are what is preventing him from becoming president, you really need to wake up, right now. Do you seriously not recall the 16 year combined presidencies of Poppy and Temporary Bush? For two guys belonging to a fraternity professing to worship the "goddess of eloquence," there scarcely exist two less articulate men. Former Texas Governor Anne Richards once famously said of the elder that "he was born with a silver foot in his mouth," and the same applied to the younger, in spades (at least). Compared to those two, Ron Paul is blessed with the glibness of Ronald Reagan (plus the actual integrity to follow through). So, let's, please, hear no more "if onlys" of this order.

Thirdly, those of you attributing Newt's rise and Ron "failure to launch" to debate skills really need to think about Pat Buchanan and Bob Dole. Do you really believe that Bob Dole beat Pat Buchanan for the 1996 GOP nomination because of superior verbal skills? Bob Dole was barely more articulate than the Bushes (a little, but not by much), while Pat Buchanan would make Newt Gingrich look like an intellectually challenged/emotionally unstable 9 year old girl, in a debate. So, please, stop crediting the Newtered one's supposed intellectual pugnacity for his SC (and possibly national) political resurrection.

Those of you whining about this imagined deficiency or that really haven't figured it out, yet, have you? Any babbling, blundering idiot can easily stumble into the Oval Officer, so long as he has the right connections and his loyalty to TPTB is vetted. Everything else is window dressing. You already have the best liberty candidate you're ever going to get. If what you really want is some slick gameshow host with the manipulation skills of a personal injury attorney, what are you doing here?

It's the message! The message is why the opposition, establishment, and media all hiss and howl like scalded cats. It is NOT the messenger. The more the message succeeds (and it is succeeding) the more the opposition will try to persuade you "Why, it's just your messenger we don't like. Get yourselves a new messenger, then, we can talk." Don't buy it. They know that if they can get the public to reject the messenger, it can (and will) be spun as a repudiation of the message.

Don't be an accomplice in your own destruction. If Ron Paul fails, it won't be because of Ron Paul, it'll be because of YOU. So stop whining and start working. We have a very difficult fight ahead of us. Our victory is improbable, but not impossible. Our enemies are many, powerful, entrenched, and determined, but we have truth and growing numbers on our side. We can win this, if we fight for it. Fight!

Voluntary Man
01-23-2012, 12:09 PM
We need to spread this photo around:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxi8hr9KrR1qzvexho1_1280.png?AWSAccessKeyId =AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1327427083&Signature=ZuYxR8VerSCwjAjbEFDwX%2FRzfLM%3D

Done

Travlyr
01-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Best Ever!

ericthethe
01-23-2012, 10:18 PM
You're right. Ron Paul's speaking style and inability to debate well won't be his primary reason for not getting elected.

I'll be his refusal to submit to special interests, lobbyists and the status quo that deny him the presidency.

Voluntary Man
01-24-2012, 12:13 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/2012%20Logos/408262_2729317084675_1609677019_32538750_156600960 7_n.jpg

:b

Voluntary Man
01-24-2012, 08:58 AM
media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusmlbexperts/ron_paul_congress_astros_76.jpg

media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusmlbexperts/ron_paul_swinger.jpg

sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/ron-paul-stars-astros-rainbow-uniform-76-congressional-135224691.html