PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul FAQ videos - for serious use of internet promotion

niklarin
01-22-2012, 08:22 PM
I am sorry if somebody has already proposed something similar, but I didn't find anything like that from the official campaign or the grassroots, so here is my suggestion (we will do something similar in Greece in the upcoming elections with our more Romney-like candidate, but hey that is as close as it gets to libertarians in Europe):

We, the Ron Paul grassroots, own the internet, don't we? That means our internet presence must be on a substantially higher level than any campaign can even come close to. Youtube videos of speeches and interviews are good, but not nearly good enough + they are completely unorganized and we are not controlling the narrative. This means we need to turn the "Issues" page of the campaign site (or if we can't get the campaign to cooperate make a grassroots one from scratch) into a video-wall FAQ where an articulate person like Doug Weed or for perfection, the candidate himself will be featured in short (2-5 minutes max.) videos answering questions that undecideds or even opponents raise. If Ron is not pressured by time like in debates or by rudeness and bias like in MSM interviews, he can explain his ideas perfectly just like he does at some town-halls or like he did in that interview with Jack Hunter on Israel.

It's pretty easy to implement, the hard part is getting a recognizable person like Ron or Doug on camera for as long as it takes to give full and comprehensive answers to even the dumbest person watching.

The Questions:
First we need to collect all the questions we usually face on ALL the issues that make people unsure if they can support our candidate. Then we group the questions by issue and merge those that are same, without omitting significant details or examples that some more general questions may have. In my opinion the grouping should not be only by issue, but also have complimentary follow-ups as in the example below:

"Dr. Paul, what is your opinion on Iran and the threat they can be to our national security?"
follow-up:

"Dr. Paul, would you order an attack against Iran, and if so, under what circumstances?"
The Answers:
Each answer should be direct and ONLY on the issue of the question to be as short and as precise as possible. The more detailed answers can come in the follow-ups, where some specifics can be answered by other respectable guys like the former CIA OBL unit chief elaborating on the issue of blowback, or Peter Thiel explaining the implications of SOPA, or Rand talking about gun rights, or Carol talking about family values and his former patients talking about him not taking Federal funds for healthcare from the poor. Many studies show that people watch short-form videos, in general under 3 minutes, something like 80% more than videos over 5 minutes long. We HAVE to use it to our advantage.

The Videos:
Must be high quality and thematic with dress codes and backgrounds/settings appropriate for each issue: A tie and a suit for serious issues like the FED with his bookshelf in the back, a more relaxed sweater-vest for simple issues while he is relaxed on the armchair in the family room with his grandson on his lap, a medical lab or a hospital room for abortion and drugs etc... The best format would be an interview-like with Jack Hunter asking each question and Ron answering it.

The Promotion:
The website must be polished and include feedback options like a question at the end "Did that answer convince you?" - if not then have 2-3 more follow-up videos right below it. Each video must be viral-ready to be shared everywhere possible.
Ron himself can mention the URL in an interview or debate, so it has to be something simple like "RonPaulFAQ.com"
We will have the site as our reference to point undecideds or nearly-converts there if we fail to convince them by our self.

Please feel free to comment and add suggestions, there is enough time in the calendar to set this up properly and add a link to it in the end of our ADs and it can be used in the general to completely destroy Obama.

P.S.: Mods, I'm posting this in the grassroots instead of campaign suggestions to get feedback. If anybody is interested in helping or contacting the campaign directly, please do so - I'm not claiming any credits for this if it turns out to be a success. I simply can't help in any better way than online since I wont be in the US until November to vote in the general.

Thanx all!
For Liberty!

niklarin
01-22-2012, 09:07 PM
bump.

AlexMerced
01-22-2012, 09:18 PM
yeah, I made videos responding with compelling arguments to almost if not all Ron Paul complaints at http://RonPaul.LibertyPlaylist.com and for those who complain about the gold standard I made http://gold.introtoliberty.com

AlexMerced
01-22-2012, 09:26 PM
Other Useful Playlists:

LearnEconomicsNow.com - Basics on Economics, plus some advanced stuff

10MinuteAustrian.com - must see Austrian Economics Videos

IntrotoLiberty.com - a Quick run through basic videos sure to turn anyone Libertarian

Libertarian101.com - a crash course in Libertarianism

LibertyPlaylist.com - If you watch every video here, you will be unstoppable in debates

VanBurenDemocrats.com - Playlist for making self-described Liberals into classical liberals

CoolidgeConservatives.com - for making self-described conservatives into paleo-conservatives

RonPaulHamster.com - Commentary from my late hamster, Ron Paul

EconToons.com - Cartoons about Economics

milo10
01-22-2012, 09:36 PM
Nik, I think it is a great idea. The campaign should have integrated things like this into the official site last summer.

niklarin
01-22-2012, 09:44 PM
Great job Alex and thanks for the reply! I thought I read about you somewhere, it was in my research about the Seasteading Institute I'm guessing now. As a start-up guy I guess you are open to criticism, so I'll just go right ahead and say that your videos are great and on point -most of the times- but not of good enough quality to be used for the campaign officially. As a side-point, you are not as well recognized nationally as the good doctor and I'm not sure if people will respect your credibility enough for this to work (even though I know who you are and a lot of people respect what you're doing).

Have you tried contacting the campaign (or even C4L for that matter) to do something more advanced like I'm suggesting? I would like to help you advance this thing in any way that I can from Greece (filtering and grouping the questions, designing the site and other technical stuff that can be done from a far) - but we would need some professional studio equipment like lights and cameras + SIT RON DOWN FOR 2 HOURS TO SHOOT!!!

AlexMerced
01-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Great job Alex and thanks for the reply! I thought I read about you somewhere, it was in my research about the Seasteading Institute I'm guessing now. As a start-up guy I guess you are open to criticism, so I'll just go right ahead and say that your videos are great and on point -most of the times- but not of good enough quality to be used for the campaign officially. As a side-point, you are not as well recognized nationally as the good doctor and I'm not sure if people will respect your credibility enough for this to work (even though I know who you are and a lot of people respect what you're doing).

Have you tried contacting the campaign (or even C4L for that matter) to do something more advanced like I'm suggesting? I would like to help you advance this thing in any way that I can from Greece (filtering and grouping the questions, designing the site and other technical stuff that can be done from a far) - but we would need some professional studio equipment like lights and cameras + SIT RON DOWN FOR 2 HOURS TO SHOOT!!!

Got it, you want something more "official" I thought you were just looking for a playlist to point people too. Yeah, I'll see what I can do as far as something more polished.

AlexMerced
01-23-2012, 10:06 PM

Got it, you want something more "official" I thought you were just looking for a playlist to point people too. Yeah, I'll see what I can do as far as something more polished.

niklarin
01-24-2012, 02:15 AM
Online Town-hall with Ron Paul and advisors. But we need this coordinated with the campaign to make it of a great value and it would save a lot of time for people researching the positions and increase the campaigns outreach. It's one thing if you talk to 500 people with one town-hall and a Q&A session and it's another if you reach to 50+ millions and on demand. It can be done with virtually no investment, just like 5 hours of time dedicated by the candidate and some more by others close to the campaign with like a day of filming total.

On the other hand if we make it completely grassroots, then we need to talk this over skype or something, I have many ideas that we could try and if we co-ordinate it well we can get many more views than you already have + we can add videos of other people talking about issues all grouped on one site. PM me if you have time to talk about this and maybe we can put down a plan to propose to the campaign while we also work on the grassroots version. :)

AlexMerced
01-24-2012, 05:33 PM
Online Town-hall with Ron Paul and advisors. But we need this coordinated with the campaign to make it of a great value and it would save a lot of time for people researching the positions and increase the campaigns outreach. It's one thing if you talk to 500 people with one town-hall and a Q&A session and it's another if you reach to 50+ millions and on demand. It can be done with virtually no investment, just like 5 hours of time dedicated by the candidate and some more by others close to the campaign with like a day of filming total.

On the other hand if we make it completely grassroots, then we need to talk this over skype or something, I have many ideas that we could try and if we co-ordinate it well we can get many more views than you already have + we can add videos of other people talking about issues all grouped on one site. PM me if you have time to talk about this and maybe we can put down a plan to propose to the campaign while we also work on the grassroots version. :)

You got to be careful, I think it's illegal for the Campaign for "Coordinate" with grassroots or superPACs