PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for a banner

Drex
01-22-2012, 06:18 PM
http://oi41.tinypic.com/hu3cdd.jpg

That's the intersection I'm going to put the banner. ( Please excuse my editing skills lol ) The banner is 2x6 ft and the

post are 6 ft tall. The wood posts are 1.5x2in. I know the banner won't stand up on its own so I need a strong base to

support it. It's getting chilly and windy out so I need something durable. My current plan is to fill an ice cream bucket

with concrete and while it's drying put the post in it and take it out before it dries so it forms some sort of mold. The

concrete would be about 5 inches tall. If you think this idea totally sucks please tell me how I can do better. haha. Or

if you support it and want to give me a few tips that helps too! Thanks!

sailingaway
01-22-2012, 06:27 PM
Sorry, I'm not much on construction, but plus rep for doing this!! Maybe a meetup could send two people to join you and they could hold it?

tennman
01-22-2012, 06:29 PM
I think it's great! Do you think anyone will bother it or destroy it? Because if you're able to keep it far enough back that people can't drive by and hit it with a baseball bat you'd probably prolong its life.

sailingaway
01-22-2012, 06:31 PM
No one will hit it with a bat!!

He needs to figure out how to make it stand up.

--
edit -looked again and his stick figure guy threw me off. I thought it was going to be a sign wave.....

Drex
01-22-2012, 07:20 PM
Bump

Drex
01-23-2012, 09:37 AM
Bump - need your opinions :D