PDA

View Full Version : Attorney General of SC: I see Dead Voters

Simple
01-22-2012, 05:56 PM
South Carolina's Attorney General detects voter fraud during primaries
Already, there has been some question into folks who cast their ballots on Saturday.

South Carolina's Attorney General, Alan Wilson has notified the U.S. Justice Department of potential voter fraud.

Wilson says an analysis found 953 ballots cast by voters were people who are listed as dead.

He has asked the State Law Enforcement Division to investigate.

South Carolina's Attorney General Detects Voter Fraud for Primaries (http://www.wtoc.com/story/16571904/south-carolinas-attorney-general-detects-voter-fraud-for-primaries)

bcreps85
01-22-2012, 06:00 PM
Now we know where Newt's "surge" came from...along with a little help from unverifiable electronic voting machines of course.

GeorgiaAvenger
01-22-2012, 06:01 PM
Now we know where Newt's "surge" came from...along with a little help from unverifiable electronic voting machines of course.

For all we know a recount could hurt Paul. No, Newt won.

bcreps85
01-22-2012, 06:06 PM

The campaign strategy supposedly doesn't hinge on this state. That being said, you can't really hurt a 4/4 finish...

donnay
01-22-2012, 06:10 PM

:rolleyes: *SIGH*

D.A.S.
01-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Awesome! Let them investigate - this is very good.

HigherVision
01-22-2012, 06:53 PM

Why? It's not like it'd be the Paul campaign that cheated.

centure7
01-22-2012, 06:57 PM
My money says it was Santorum supporters. He polls 11% and then the next thing you know he scores 17% out of nowhere? Nobody was expecting that. As for the guy who didn't need the extra votes: the mandate-supporting cap-and-trade-supporting chickenhawk had people flocking to him in droves after his "kill them" comments, so the draft dodging tub of lard didn't need it. So, I'm betting it wasn't him as he didn't need it. That leaves either Romney or Santorum.

mosquitobite
Awesome! Let them investigate - this is very good.
Agree! Can't come in lower than 4th ;)

mosquitobite
We wouldn't know who the dead people voted for, would we?

puppetmaster
01-22-2012, 07:00 PM
figure most of the voters in SC had to be dead stupid, as they voted for neutty.

Miss Annie
01-22-2012, 07:00 PM
LOL! Like the US Dept of Justice would do anything? We are talking Eric Holder right? Mr O's right hand man? LOL!
The fact it was reported to the US Dept of Justice is almost laughable! Oh.... the irony of it all!

RickyJ
01-22-2012, 07:02 PM
We didn't need the AG of SC to tell us this to know it.

No Free Beer
01-22-2012, 07:07 PM
The Sixth Sense

nobody's_hero
01-22-2012, 07:08 PM
My mother and I were talking about voting fraud last night. It's nearly impossible to know whether the vote tallies are valid. People don't really follow up on it. Think of all the countries where they have elections and fraud is suspected. It's essentially up to those in power to prosecute the fraud; if you win and you cheated, are you going to prosecute yourself? I think not.

I wonder about it though. We see people by the droves come out for Ron Paul. There's supposed to be hordes of independents and a few democrats come out to support him. Few other candidates have that going for them. Our numbers should be greater than what is showing.

r3volution
01-22-2012, 07:15 PM
huh , id take the zombie voters over the newt voters any day .

donnay
01-22-2012, 07:19 PM
My mother and I were talking about voting fraud last night. It's nearly impossible to know whether the vote tallies are valid. People don't really follow up on it. Think of all the countries where they have elections and fraud is suspected. It's essentially up to those in power to prosecute the fraud; if you win and you cheated, are you going to prosecute yourself? I think not.

I wonder about it though. We see people by the droves come out for Ron Paul. There's supposed to be hordes of independents and a few democrats come out to support him. Few other candidates have that going for them. Our numbers should be greater than what is showing.

There has been one person who has been bucking the establishment for years and her name is Bev Harris, and she started a group called Blackbox voting. We definitely need to support her efforts!

http://www.blackboxvoting.org/

dancjm
01-22-2012, 07:31 PM
Would be interesting to know who these dead voters voted for...

GraspingForPeace
01-22-2012, 07:33 PM
From Reddit:

More likely than not, 75% of these "dead voters" will turn out to be cases of mistaken identity. Meaning, living voters with the same name as people who have recently died. Father/son pairs are the usual explanation.
Probably 90% remainder will likely be due to the legitimate voter on either side of them in the poll book signing the wrong line. In that case, the dead person didn't actually vote.
Then, there'll be a few cases of people who cast an absentee ballot and then died afterwards. Don't know what the law is in SC if it still counts.
Ultimately, there might be less than half a dozen cases where a widow cast a ballot for a recently deceased spouse.
Nonetheless, we'll keep hearing about the "hundreds of dead people" that voted in the SC primary for years and years and how that justifies onerous voter id laws that'll prevent hundreds of thousands of legitimate voters from exercising their constitutional right.
Republicans tend to do a shoddy job with voter data because they know the first big scary number is what will stick with voters and the press. A half-way decent matching job would've cut the number of "fraud" cases by 90%.

http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/orvbg/953_dead_people_voted_in_sc_primary/

bcreps85
01-22-2012, 07:37 PM
We wouldn't know who the dead people voted for, would we?

Well, quite frankly, I don't see why we'd need to keep a dead person's vote confidential. They should see who they voted for, and obviously if there is a pattern, we'd know who cheated. I've felt like there was something wrong with this one since I saw CNN report that Newt had won with 3% reporting and Mitt Romney with an 8% lead down on their ticker...

Newt's surge was expected. Santorum's basically came out of the blue and polling in the 1-2 days just before the primary indicated he was on a downward arc. I find the whole sudden "Santorum won Iowa" story suspicious as well, considering they magically lost 8 precinct's votes in the final tally...sounds more like the GOP/MSM wanted to be able to report that Paul is the only one left who hasn't gotten a 1st place finish yet to me. In either case, I don't see how checking these things out hurts anything...possible voter fraud should be taken very seriously.

mosquitobite
01-22-2012, 07:39 PM
My point is, there are no NAMES on the ballots, so once they've voted - we have no idea who they are.

That Reddit article REAKS of Newspeak!

RickyJ
01-22-2012, 07:42 PM
My point is, there are no NAMES on the ballots, so once they've voted - we have no idea who they are.

That Reddit article REAKS of Newspeak!There are numbers associated with the name.

alucard13mmfmj
01-22-2012, 07:45 PM
what if they are trying to frame the Ron Paul camp? maybe they will blame a Ron Paul supporter for vote fraud. it could happen. im suspicious. the establishment wouldnt have made such a mistake. im worried.

qh4dotcom
01-22-2012, 07:47 PM
My money says it was Santorum supporters. He polls 11% and then the next thing you know he scores 17% out of nowhere? Nobody was expecting that. As for the guy who didn't need the extra votes: the mandate-supporting cap-and-trade-supporting chickenhawk had people flocking to him in droves after his "kill them" comments, so the draft dodging tub of lard didn't need it. So, I'm betting it wasn't him as he didn't need it. That leaves either Romney or Santorum.

PPP had him at 16% on election Day

bcreps85
01-22-2012, 07:47 PM
what if they are trying to frame the Ron Paul camp? maybe they will blame a Ron Paul supporter for vote fraud. it could happen. im suspicious. the establishment wouldnt have made such a mistake. im worried.

The establishment has been making these types of mistakes for years. Generally you just don't hear about them anywhere except Brad Blog or Black Box Voting because the MSM and political parties are either involved or don't care. Just look at the guy that caught the mistake with the Romney tally from his precinct...he was met with outright contempt from the GOP.

GraspingForPeace
01-22-2012, 07:50 PM

That Reddit article REAKS of Newspeak!

Ah, yes "Newspeak". Because if it isn't a conspiracy against Ron Paul, it can't be accurate!

mosquitobite
01-22-2012, 08:14 PM
Ah, yes "Newspeak". Because if it isn't a conspiracy against Ron Paul, it can't be accurate!

No, just the whole answer of "nothing to see here, people just happened to sign the wrong line" Meaning that all the wrong line signers just HAPPENED to sign their name on the wrong line? Should be easy to prove that - otherwise it's conjecture to pretend there is no fraud!

GraspingForPeace
01-22-2012, 08:23 PM
No, just the whole answer of "nothing to see here, people just happened to sign the wrong line" Meaning that all the wrong line signers just HAPPENED to sign their name on the wrong line? Should be easy to prove that - otherwise it's conjecture to pretend there is no fraud!

There were numerous explanations about how 953 votes were cast. There was even a study done by the Brennan Center for Justice that backs up the top post on Reddit.

http://www.truthaboutfraud.org/pdf/TruthAboutVoterFraud.pdf

Exaggerated or unfounded allegations of fraud by dead voters include the following:
• In Georgia in 2000, 5,412 votes were alleged to have been cast by deceased voters over the past 20
years.
The allegations were premised on a flawed match of voter rolls to death lists. A follow-up
report clarified that only one instance had been substantiated, and this single instance was later
found to have been an error: the example above, in which Alan J. Mandel was confused with Alan
J. Mandell.
No other evidence of fraudulent votes was reported.
• In Michigan in 2005, 132 votes were alleged to have been cast by deceased voters.
The allegations were premised on a flawed match of voter rolls to death lists. A follow-up investigation
by the Secretary of State revealed that these alleged dead voters were actually absentee ballots
mailed to voters who died before Election Day; 97 of these ballots were never voted, and 27 15
were voted before the voter passed away.
Even if the remaining eight cases all revealed substantiated fraud, that would amount to a rate of at most 0.0027%.
• In New Jersey in 2004, 4,755 deceased voters were alleged to have cast a ballot. The allegations
were premised on a flawed match of voter rolls to death lists. No follow-up investigation publicly
documented any substantiated cases of fraud of which we are aware, and there were no reports
that any of these allegedly deceased voters voted in 2005.
• In New York in 2002 and 2004, 2,600 deceased voters were alleged to have cast a ballot, again
based on a match of voter rolls to death lists. Journalists following up on seven cases found clerical errors and mistakes but no fraud, and no other evidence of fraud was reported.

You think this hasn't happened before or something? Get your head out of your ass, stop jumping to conspiracy explanations, and wait for the investigation.

mosquitobite
01-22-2012, 08:25 PM
There were numerous explanations about how 953 votes were cast. There was even a study done by the Brennan Center for Justice that backs up the top post on Reddit.
You think this hasn't happened before or something? Get your head out of your ass, stop jumping to conspiracy explanations, and wait for the investigation.

I *AM* waiting for the investigation and I am not convinced it's a conspiracy against Dr Paul. But I'm also not going to buy any establishment's answer either!!!

centure7
01-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Clemson had Santorum at 9% on election day, and his RCP average was 11.8%, and I said 11% because that was the median figure. Therefore if there were fraudulent votes my money is still on Santorum.