PDA

View Full Version : Big primetime debate tomorrow

rpwi
01-22-2012, 05:15 PM
With Romney waffling whether he would participate or not and NBC showing their regularly scheduled programming there was some confusion as to whether it would go on, but it will on NBC with all four candidates.

The debate will be moderated by NBC's Brian Williams and will include a panel with National Journal’s Beth Reinhard and the Times’ Adam Smith.

Anybody know how fair these guys are?

This will be held at the University of South Florida at 9:00 PM eastern. Believe this will be the first broadcast debate which means it could have the best ratings of all debates yet. Good chance for Paul to pick up his national polling numbers.

Any heads up on the type of questions that will be asked? Will it be another one of those debates where they pretend it's about user submitted questions but end up ignoring those and asking whatever they want?

Anybody attending? Is this one of those events that's pretty exclusive? If it is a college crowd....that could be a good thing.

Paulitics 2011
01-22-2012, 05:17 PM
Adam Smith is on the panel? I guess he'll like Ron quite a bit!

Haha.

thoughtomator
01-22-2012, 05:33 PM
They could hardly be worse than Fox and CNN, but it wouldn't terribly surprise me if they gave a go at it.

Brian Williams (CFR member)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOqTFAzQW_E

Beth Reinhard (propagandist, promotes "electability" lies)
http://www.nationaljournal.com/reporters/bio/109

Times’ Adam Smith (might be fair)
http://www.tampabay.com/writers/article380298.ece

ONUV
01-22-2012, 05:39 PM
the only thing saving gingrich's campaign are these debates.

01-22-2012, 05:40 PM
You can pretty much replace "national" journal with "necon" journal if that answers your question.

Epic
01-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Um, so the original post says it's not on NBC but is being broadcast nationally. Can somebody clear that up?

Bama Boy
01-22-2012, 06:18 PM
It will be on NBC. The other network debate was CBS where RP got 89 seconds. Hope they let him talk at least a little.

alucard13mmfmj
01-22-2012, 06:20 PM
i wonder what surprises gingrich is going to pull at the debates lol. there might be another theater piece like the last debate in SC.

Lord Xar
01-22-2012, 06:20 PM
I really hope he knocks it out of the park And destroys newt and frothy

VictorB
01-22-2012, 06:22 PM
I hope we are ready for this. We need a good debate if it's going to be national.

robert9712000
01-22-2012, 06:26 PM
Paul needs to bring a bell and when they start ignoring him he needs to start ringing it and say "Hey! incase you forgot there's 4 people here!"

rpwi
01-22-2012, 06:32 PM
i wonder what surprises gingrich is going to pull at the debates lol. there might be another theater piece like the last debate in SC.He'll probably promise more pork to the locals like what's done in the past debates (local highways, ethanol, South Carolina port improvements, etc...). All things the states should be paying for themselves. He'll probably promise more Hurricane relief this time.

Paul on the other hand needs to stay national in his message...although it might be nice to hear him talk about ending the Cuban embargo.

abstrusezincate
01-22-2012, 06:34 PM
Am I the only one with debate fatigue?

bluesc
01-22-2012, 06:36 PM

I'm sure Ron is suffering too.

rpwi
01-22-2012, 06:42 PM
Um, so the original post says it's not on NBC but is being broadcast nationally. Can somebody clear that up?To clarify...NBC did not correctly post the debate on their schedule (probably worried Romney would skip town). They were planning to broadcast the debates though regardless as long as the candidates showed up. So yeah, this is being shown on NBC.

jbox
01-22-2012, 06:42 PM
Time to get the stopwatch ready! I think CBS got off the hook last time a little too easy.

MsDoodahs
01-22-2012, 06:45 PM
Paul needs to bring a bell and when they start ignoring him he needs to start ringing it and say "Hey! incase you forgot there's 4 people here!"

No, we need Paul supporters in the audience willing to shout ASK DOCTOR PAUL, ASK DOCTOR PAUL when they try to skip him.

walt
01-22-2012, 06:50 PM
Anyone got an Internet feed for NBC?

The One
01-22-2012, 06:51 PM

A little bit, but I keep hoping for a holy shit moment to occur in one of these things.

rpwi
01-22-2012, 06:53 PM
It should be streamed on:

tampabay.com and usf.edu

"Florida will be at the center of next year's presidential election, and this is the state where national issues like the economy and health care loom especially large," said Paul Tash, Times chairman and chief executive officer."

Looks like these may be some of the questions the Times is going to ask.

Netwidepaul
01-22-2012, 06:53 PM
i wonder what surprises gingrich is going to pull at the debates lol. there might be another theater piece like the last debate in SC.

Lol. Matters what sort of dirt the media is willing to bring up. Who knows they may be all scared now. Big newt might go insane on them. Lol.
But his insanity helped him this week.
Hopefully Our boy can change it up and give these people something real to talk about.

Texan4Life
01-22-2012, 06:54 PM
dang these debates are close together..... my liver hurts!

Ssd
01-22-2012, 06:58 PM
These debates brought Gingrich back from the dead. I truly believe that this debate and the next is a great opportunity for Ron Paul to absolutely destroy the others. The only problem is that Paul doesn't seem to always on his A game when it matters most in debates. This is probably one of Paul's last chance to speak to such a large national audience and throw it out of the park.

All Paul needs to do is drop truths in a way similar to Gingrich when he tore apart Juan William and John King. Its just that he needs to direct it at his opponents. He should call out Gingrich out on the federal reserve and why he didn't do anything as Speaker of the House about it. He should also question why Romney is apparently the strongest on the economy but hasn't addressed monetary policy ever. He should call out all of them and ask why they are so scared of proposing any spending cuts. Additionally, he should ask if anyone of them could promise repealing indefinite detention of American citizens. He should also direct this at the moderators and ask why all the media corporations have hardly ever covered the NDAA even though its the start of martial law in America and propose that the corporations are screwing over the American people with biased coverage, federal reserve, bailouts, etc.

socal
01-22-2012, 07:00 PM
Not good.

Ron Paul Reportedly Goes Off On Reporter For Interrupting His Breakfast
http://www.mediaite.com/tag/beth-reinhard/

National Journal reporter Beth Reinhard got a chilly reception from Republican frontrunner Ron Paul, when she ran into him eating his breakfast all alone at the Des Moines Embassy Suites. Reinhard asked the unaccompanied candidate whether his supporters would support the eventual nominee if it wasn’t him, which drew a sharp retort...

MsDoodahs
01-22-2012, 07:02 PM
Not good.

Actually VERY good.

LEAVE THE MAN ALONE AND LET HIM EAT.

this is OLD anyway. lol...

No Free Beer
01-22-2012, 07:08 PM
I have friends who go to USF and they are not letting any students into the debate.

Pathetic

Echoes
01-22-2012, 07:09 PM

Bigtime.

I only watch it cuz of our guy. Watching the other puppets makes me sick to my stomach, the way they babble on about trivial crap (their supposed 'differences').

bluesc
01-22-2012, 07:10 PM
Not good.

Old.

rpwi
01-22-2012, 07:12 PM
Romney has started being more aggressive against Newt lately. He has called for Newt to release his financial records from his Fredie Mac days and now says character is an issue (bit of a change from the last debate).

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_ROMNEY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-01-22-15-02-47

Would love to see Newt/Mitt go at it Godzilla/Ghidorah style and leave Paul unscathed.

georgiaboy
01-22-2012, 07:23 PM
A few powerfully stated zingers supporting his strong national defense, build more bases at home, declare it/win it/get out would be good too.

Bruno
01-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Not good.

Omg! We're dead! We might lose Iowa! Oh, wait...

RickyJ
01-22-2012, 07:31 PM

Oh, don't forget about the dead people now, they are the BIG Newt supporters, nearly 100% of dead people voted for Newt in SC.

ONUV
01-22-2012, 07:33 PM
Actually VERY good.

LEAVE THE MAN ALONE AND LET HIM EAT.

this is OLD anyway. lol...

look who the reporter was

unknown
01-22-2012, 07:35 PM
I hope we are ready for this. We need a good debate if it's going to be national.

He did awesome in the last debate.

And tbh I dont even fully blame S. Carolina voters. You could blame them for not doing their due diligence, but how many of them know anything about the real Newt?

WD-NY
01-22-2012, 07:36 PM

Posts like this just perpetuate the myth that gingrinch is some masterful debater. Sure he has his moments, but let's not forget that the last time Gingrinch "surged" (re: 3 weeks before Iowa), he got absolutely NUKED in the following 2 debates and proceeded to crash in the polls faster and lower than any candidate this cycle.

So no, the debates are not, by default, advantageous to newt. If Ron comes out swinging and delivers his attacks in a gruff/stern voice (rather than goofy/george-mcfly voice), Newt will once again crash and Ron will once again rise.

Tinnuhana
01-22-2012, 07:36 PM
Maybe ask about funding for NASA? Hurricane relief? Cuba? Social Security, etc.? The other candidates will promise them anything and tell them what they want to hear.