PDA

View Full Version : Associated Press: Ron Paul at 7%

DeadheadForPaul
11-11-2007, 12:21 PM
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5juburdSSdigTLtmCg6Ez87e67L_gD8SRI5D80

Note: Poll conducted IN NEW HAMPSHIRE

Apologies if this link has been posted. I saw the 7% figure in another article yesterday but this is the AP which every paper gets their facts from!

The best part is that Dr. Paul is one of only 4 Republicans listed - no Fred or Tax Hike Mike in this one!

"Just 16 percent of Republicans said they've "definitely decided" whom to support" !!!!

Arklatex
11-11-2007, 12:27 PM
grand, once we get him to the double digits he'll go gold!

JosephTheLibertarian
11-11-2007, 12:28 PM
I believe the political shows and pundits etc are just getting this info we knew about for a week

constitutional
11-11-2007, 12:29 PM
Take into consideration that RP's supporters are passionate. Expect higher turnout rate at voting booths regardless of some factors such as age, race, sex, religion. We must continue this momentum. I believe we can win this presidency. And I CAN'T BELIEVE I just used "WE" and "PRESIDENCY" in ONE SENTENCE!

JosephTheLibertarian
11-11-2007, 12:30 PM
passion is our edge. This campaign is like brave heart in some ways lol

JMann
11-11-2007, 12:35 PM
Take into consideration that RP's supporters are passionate. Expect higher turnout rate at voting booths regardless of some factors such as age, race, sex, religion. We must continue this momentum. I believe we can win this presidency. And I CAN'T BELIEVE I just used "WE AND PRESIDENCY" in ONE SENTENCE!

Also consider that this is a poll of likely Republican voters and probably doesn't consider the number of 'I' that will be voting for Paul.

DeadheadForPaul
11-11-2007, 12:36 PM
The good thing is that only 16% of Republicans are absolutely certain of who they support, and I bet all 7% of Ron Paul supporters are absolutely certain. Meaning that 7% of Republicans ABSOLUTELY support Ron and only 9% of Republicans ABSOLUTELY support another candidate. People who support Ron tend to be "Ron or bust!"

kylejack
11-11-2007, 12:37 PM
This is the Boston Globe UNH Survey, NOT an AP survey.

DeadheadForPaul
11-11-2007, 12:38 PM
This is the Boston Globe UNH Survey, NOT an AP survey.

Yes, but the AP is reporting it, which means it will be covered. 99% of people dont look at WHO is conducting the poll. They just see "Ron Paul - 7%"

kylejack
11-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Yes, but the AP is reporting it, which means it will be covered. 99% of people dont look at WHO is conducting the poll. They just see "Ron Paul - 7%"

Good point, though it would have been nice to mention in the OP that it was a New Hampshire survey, just so nobody gets confused, knowwhatimeanvern?

DeadheadForPaul
11-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Good point, though it would have been nice to mention in the OP that it was a New Hampshire survey, just so nobody gets confused, knowwhatimeanvern?

True, I'll edit it.

In Faux News' coverage, they did not mention who conducted this poll. PS: Notice that the AP left out Huckabee even though both he and Paul had 7% haha. Im surprised they didnt leave Paul out and include Huckabee instead

link: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,310440,00.html

rasheedwallace
11-11-2007, 12:45 PM
we best get it to double digits! :D

Ron Paul Fan
11-11-2007, 12:45 PM
I watched This Week on ABC and they did show this poll and Ron Paul in 4th place. Good stuff.

Menthol Patch
11-11-2007, 12:56 PM
If you want to see that number go up to 10% and beyond please donate today! We need to raise a million dollars!

goldstandard
11-11-2007, 01:01 PM
I just saw that RP is one of 6 Republicans on RealClearPolitics. I don't think we have been there before. He's catchin' on.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/republican_presidential_nomination-192.html

Diana
11-11-2007, 01:03 PM
Take into consideration that RP's supporters are passionate. Expect higher turnout rate at voting booths regardless of some factors such as age, race, sex, religion. We must continue this momentum. I believe we can win this presidency. And I CAN'T BELIEVE I just used "WE" and "PRESIDENCY" in ONE SENTENCE!

:D It's nice to know that "we the people" have a chance again isn't it!

bbachtung
11-11-2007, 01:16 PM
This poll was also taken between 11/2 and 11/7 -- mainly before the RP media bonanza that resulted from This November 5th.

Ibgamer
11-11-2007, 01:22 PM
What an amazing thing happening right now

Im so priviledged to be apart of it, and im only 18

bbachtung
11-11-2007, 01:46 PM
What an amazing thing happening right now

Im so priviledged to be apart of it, and im only 18

The perfect age for voting.

Where are you going to be voting? I'm hoping you say Iowa or NH.

reaver
11-11-2007, 01:50 PM
This poll was also taken between 11/2 and 11/7 -- mainly before the RP media bonanza that resulted from This November 5th.

So close too. Just so close.

lastnymleft
11-11-2007, 02:19 PM
"Thirty-four percent of Republicans said Giuliani is the "strongest leader," "

I guess that's one of the fringe benefits of being a fascist.

Thomas Paine
11-11-2007, 02:37 PM
Why doesn't Thompson show up in the survey?

Ron Paul Fan
11-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Why doesn't Thompson show up in the survey?

Because he's in 6th place and he's taken McCain's place on the Titanic.

Thomas Paine
11-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Jeez, if Thompson is really polling sixth then he is really up the creek without a paddle. I think Ron Paul has a good chance to win 3rd place in NH (which would constitute a political victory within pundit circles) because Romney, Thompson, Giuliani Huckabee and McCain will divide the vote between the establishment votes of the GOP.

majinkoola
11-11-2007, 03:20 PM
The good thing is that only 16% of Republicans are absolutely certain of who they support, and I bet all 7% of Ron Paul supporters are absolutely certain. Meaning that 7% of Republicans ABSOLUTELY support Ron and only 9% of Republicans ABSOLUTELY support another candidate. People who support Ron tend to be "Ron or bust!"

If this is the same poll I was looking at, 38% of the 7% for Paul say they are definitely voting for him. Which was much better than Romney, Giuliani, and McCain, who were all between 16 and 23%, but certainly not all of them.

Ron Paul Fan
11-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Jeez, if Thompson is really polling sixth then he is really up the creek without a paddle. I think Ron Paul has a good chance to win 3rd place in NH (which would constitute a political victory within pundit circles) because Romney, Thompson, Giuliani Huckabee and McCain will divide the vote between the establishment votes of the GOP.

I think Ron Paul has a good chance to win 1st place in NH(which would constitute a political upheval within pundit circles and America).

nathanmn
11-11-2007, 03:25 PM

Exactly. A poll conducted now would likely put us in double digits. People that are predicting us to get third are undercutting our chances. We have momentum, this campaign is on the upswing. We are battling for the win in NH. Third place is almost the worst case scenario...

USPatriot36
11-11-2007, 03:34 PM
I read at usaelectionpolls.com that half the survey was taken before the money bomb. Also Ron is polling at 18 percent of those who make under $50,000 a year

lastnymleft
11-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Ron is polling at 18 percent of those who make under $50,000 a year

That's Our Ron, Champion of the Little Guy! This is not really an angle I've seen played up much. Obviously he's striking home with the low income earners. What is it about Ron's platform would they be supporting most? Anti-IRS, because they need every dollar? Or anti-Iraq war, because it's generally the low-income that are sent to fight and die in it? If we understand this attraction more, we can use it to target niche groups a bit better.

monotony
11-11-2007, 08:28 PM
The greatest weapon we have is that the more people find out about Ron Paul, the more they want to vote for him. The more they find out about any other candidate, the less they want to vote for them. We just need to keep the information flowing freely.

Dequeant
11-11-2007, 08:36 PM
If and when he wins NH......... There are going to be about 300 million very curious people hearing the name "Ron Paul" for the first time.

max
11-11-2007, 08:37 PM
passion is our edge. This campaign is like brave heart in some ways lol

also like Gladiator

lastnymleft
11-17-2007, 11:02 PM
The greatest weapon we have is that the more people find out about Ron Paul, the more they want to vote for him. The more they find out about any other candidate, the less they want to vote for them. We just need to keep the information flowing freely.

I think that's a very insightful observation, and one that would resonate with the greater population. It'd be a very good basis for an advert.

leonster
11-17-2007, 11:29 PM
That's Our Ron, Champion of the Little Guy! This is not really an angle I've seen played up much. Obviously he's striking home with the low income earners. What is it about Ron's platform would they be supporting most? Anti-IRS, because they need every dollar? Or anti-Iraq war, because it's generally the low-income that are sent to fight and die in it? If we understand this attraction more, we can use it to target niche groups a bit better.

I'm from a rural area. Champion of the little guy goes a LONG ways there--it's why Bush was (and still sort of is) popular there--the IMAGE of him being a "regular guy from Texas working on the ranch cutting brush"--never mind that that is only an image, nowhere near the reality.

If they see a LEGIT "little guy" candidate who ISN'T just putting on an image... and they get hit with "small government... no IRS... no gun control... the government is huge and bloated, and needs to be returned to the people"--THAT message strikes home.

Anti-Bush messages at the start turn off these voters. What needs to be stressed is, you remember the kind of things Bush promised, but didn't follow through on, in 2000? Well, this guy will ACTUALLY stand for those things.

kill the banks
11-17-2007, 11:39 PM
yes new hampshire is name recognition for ron paul ... an advertisement worth 10 million and more to potential voters who will hear his name for the first time here ... then we double our efforts again

kill the banks

Just Come Home
11-17-2007, 11:42 PM
13% is the magic number... If we hit 13%, we'll pop to 20 in no time...

Anti Federalist
11-17-2007, 11:55 PM
Two things:

Hope that the AG here holds off announcing the primary date as long as possible.

Hope for a blizzard.

The polls indicate "support" for Romney and the Ghoul, but that support is a mile wide and an inch deep.

I, Mrs. Anti and all the rest of us here in NH will know when the primary is being held, (finally) and will trudge through five feet of snow if need be for the good Dr.

sunghoko
11-18-2007, 12:44 AM
he's catching on.