PDA

View Full Version : Will you pledge to visit local forums several times a day and be more active FOR RON PAUL?

eleganz
01-22-2012, 03:23 PM
So let's cut through all the B.S. here in grassroots central, speculating and suggesting ideas for the campaign without even contacting them is pretty pointless. I want to get to work and I have a feeling other people do as well.

People who post to start organizational discussion or asking for help get bumped down by speculation threads and pointless chatter that do nothing to WIN.

So I am pledging right now (because I am guilty myself and willing to reflect and correct) to be more active, visit & post several times a day.

If we're going to win states, we all need to be connected in one way or another (locally) to best coordinate and organize.

I hope you see some of you around the local forums (CA for me) more because I am here to stay.

I AM HERE TO WIN.

Ender
01-22-2012, 03:40 PM
So let's cut through all the B.S. staying here on grassroots central, speculating and suggesting ideas for the campaign without even contacting them is pretty pointless. I want to get to work and I have a feeling other people do as well.

People who post to start organizational discussion or asking for help get bumped down by speculation threads and pointless chatter that do nothing to WIN.

So I am pledging right now (because I am guilty of only visiting local forums once every couple of days) to be more active and visit & post several times a day.

If we're going to win states, we all need to be connected in one way or another (locally) to best coordinate and organize.

I hope you see some of you around the local forums (CA for me) more because I am here to stay.

I AM HERE TO WIN.

I've been doing this very thing since 2007. A lot of people begin to support RP because of starting discussions or giving important info on him at the right times. Many people I know support Ron Paul and have no idea that I was the one that started the ball rolling. A lot of them think that I'm just a young punk who has a good idea once in a while. ;)

kathy88
01-22-2012, 03:44 PM
I just did. Thanks for the kick in the ass :)

eleganz
01-22-2012, 03:47 PM
I just want to win :)

Okie RP fan
01-22-2012, 04:07 PM
I will.

libertygrl
01-22-2012, 04:17 PM
So let's cut through all the B.S. here in grassroots central, speculating and suggesting ideas for the campaign without even contacting them is pretty pointless. I want to get to work and I have a feeling other people do as well.

So I am pledging right now (because I am guilty myself and willing to reflect and correct) to be more active, visit & post several times a day.

I AM HERE TO WIN.

Just don't get too comfortable doing this all the time. I'm guilty of doing this and now I want to be more proactive. We need boots on the ground. Tabling, going door to door, putting up signs, writing to local papers, etc. Start saturating your hometown with Ron Paul signs now, before the other more wealthier candidates take over.

eleganz
01-22-2012, 04:21 PM
Just don't get too comfortable doing this all the time. I'm guilty of doing this and now I want to be more proactive. We need boots on the ground. Tabling, going door to door, putting up signs, writing to local papers, etc. Start saturating your hometown with Ron Paul signs now, before the other more wealthier candidates take over.

That is what I mean about local organization. Get to know people in your state and meet up with them.

Having people across the nation posting in one section of the forum is just pointless chatter, for the most part, and no action.

Thanks for suggestions.

eleganz
01-22-2012, 05:51 PM
bump.

jolynna
01-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Yes. Today I got 20 signatures by going door to door and asking neighbors if they'd help me get Ron Paul on the ballot. I left copies of an article about Ron Paul from the Cato institute and a Ron Paul handout (the one with Ron Paul in his military uniform) at all of the homes where I got signatures and at several more that wanted to learn more about Ron Paul before they'd commit by signing anything.

Several people I talked to today were over 60 and probably NEVER go online. I think it imperative to get information into their hands and to make yourself available to answer any questions about Ron Paul that people might have.

tennman
01-22-2012, 06:42 PM
Been saying this myself. I agree! I even posted a list of forums to talk about Paul on: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?345462-Lists-of-Forums-to-Promote-RP

ShaneEnochs
01-22-2012, 06:47 PM
Yep

jolynna
01-22-2012, 07:06 PM
I love the internet and am active on twitter and forums.

But, I also believe that to get to older people and those that aren't politically motivated enough to go to political forums, there is no substitute for one on one contact. Door to door sucks because there is always the fear you are imposing and might get a door slammed in your face. It is especially hard to go visit neighbors.

BUT, some are so complacent that even watching a political debate on television is TOO much bother. They are the ones that will listen to friends, coworkers or what Chuck Todd on NBC says and think they've given their choice due diligence. I am forcing myself to put other information into their hands so that getting a glimpse of Chuck Todd or Bill O'Reilly upon occasion is NOT the ONLY information they have before they vote.

My goal is to get them to be curious so they will research further. If they do, they might come to the conclusions I did AFTER I decided to take this election seriously.

everlasticity
01-22-2012, 07:08 PM
I am into this, except that I feel that my contributions to the Ron Paul campaign are out of place and not generally accepted explicitly. I was one of the first Ron Paul supporters back in early 2007, when Ron Paul wasn't even registering in national polls. Yet I have never felt completely at home within the Ron Paul community because no one is able to discuss my ideas. I know others feel the same way about their ideas, and feel that the grass roots can't handle self-reflection. I feel this is a great disservice to everyone, we are suppose to be able to talk through things and come up with solutions. Now I participate with my local community. I went to New Hampshire and held signs on election day. I hang out with fellow Ron Paul supporters and make phone calls. But the grass roots often does not satisfy my need to express myself and be recognized in a meaningful way. I have always refrained from criticism because I am very tolerant and generally feel that as long as the campaign is growing, my concerns are less important. But after a while, it just gets discouraging, especially when I perceive serious obstacles that no one can come to grips with.

eleganz
01-22-2012, 07:41 PM
the best thing to do is to stay local, organize, phone-bank, and find ways to donate to the campaign.

millercards
01-22-2012, 07:58 PM
Everything helps. Newt and Mitt get the votes they do because they are branded.

Branding is a PR tactic. It is very strong. It is relative to Brain-Washing.

We need to get Ron Paul in people's heads.

Everything helps.

I'll go do some forum posting. I've been trying to become a lot more active in a lot of different ways.