PDA

View Full Version : RP Commercial/Music Vid

Ender
01-22-2012, 02:24 PM
As you can see, I have never posted much on this forum but have done a lot of reading, especially of late. I have an idea for PR that I think will work- just need a little help from RP campaign and supporters.

I am involved with an art/film school that has filmed parts of a Constitutional Music Video- the music is hip, choreography is excellent, dancers are teens. The original producer went on to another project and left this one hanging, so its been sitting around waiting to be finished in editing, etc.

It occurred to me that this would make an excellent project to advertise Ron Paul. With a bit more work, it could fit into almost any category, from a 30 sec- 60 sec commercial to a full blown music video to a documentary- which would include 4 songs in all. (It has even been produced in the past as a stage show.) The music rights belong to 2 of our teachers who are in total support of Ron Paul.

The main song "If a Nation" has won some local awards and is based on the famous Jefferson's quote:

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free
Then the nation expects what never was and never will be.

I think the key would be to make an excellent commercial, based on being positive. IOW showing kids learning and researching and spreading the message of freedom and liberty- the Ron Paul message. One of the "downers" used against RP is that his supporters are young. Most have an image of pot smoking Bill & Teds; this could show grandparents that the young are awesome and educated. We could make several of these based on the material at hand and tweeking them a bit to point to RP.

In order for us to do this, the school would need a little help in finances- not tons, but there is equipment etc that we will need use, plus some more recording will need to be done, as the background is a scratch rendition and we have some incredible musicians/singers we want to use. Our school is also a tax-exempt entity and all of our funding goes to help students who normally could not afford to be in a performing/visual arts/film school.

I also think it is time to be done with negative commercials about other candidates- time to adopt Mother Teresa's attitude: she would never go to an "anti-war rally" because it was based on the negative, while a "peace rally" was a whole different medium. Time to educate and to show others that freedom is the only choice.

So, thoughts? Input?

If we get on it now, we can have it viral long before Super Tuesday. Plus we will make the product good enough for paid commercials if there is interest.

Ender

Ender
01-22-2012, 02:59 PM
BTW- I think this IS the plan for women and seniors.

helmuth_hubener
01-22-2012, 03:15 PM
Sounds like a very worthwhile project. You will need to give us some more details. How much money are you talking about? Would it work to loan you the equipment instead of donating money?

Ender
01-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Sounds like a very worthwhile project. You will need to give us some more details. How much money are you talking about? Would it work to loan you the equipment instead of donating money?

We're talking under 20K- probably 1/2 that. If there is a real interest, I will put an immediate budget together. The biggest expenditure is a RED camera and the recording. The recording studio is as cheap as it is going to get for the quality we want- but if anyone has a RED to loan us, we would be incredibly happy! We are also in Utah.

It would be good if we could also show those interested, a clip of the work already done, so you can get the idea. Much of the choreography was filmed in a university library- using the freedom equals education idea.

Ender
01-22-2012, 08:12 PM
I'm bumping this to get some feedback.

fuzzybekool
01-22-2012, 08:33 PM
bump

Ender
01-23-2012, 01:04 AM
OK- I'm bumping this again- really need some input- yeas or nays.

If we do this, it has to go into pre-production NOW as it has to be out and viral long before Super Tuesday.

We are also filming the 10 Year Olympic Celebration coming our way in Feb so we need to have planning tight.

Just sayin'. :)

helmuth_hubener
01-23-2012, 01:19 AM
I don't have the camera nor the 20k, but I think this would be a worthy project. I could chip n a little. Anyone who feels likewise, please speak up.

Ender
01-23-2012, 08:32 AM
Thanks, helmuth!

We worked the budget down to approximately 13K and might be able to trim more off.

This budget will produce 30 sec and 60 sec commercials and a full length music video.

Again, I believe that this is an angle that will appeal to the oldsters- the ones we can't reach, as well as to young voters. It's cool, hip and about education and the Constitution, while plugging Ron Paul.