PDA

View Full Version : My theory on how to win Illinois

trojansc82
01-22-2012, 02:00 PM
Hey guys, have a couple of useful ideas on how to win Illinois.

As you probably know, Illinois has an extremely diverse population, but I think there are a few groups that have not been targeted as large voting blocks for Ron Paul. I hate to sound like a politician, but we could definitely grab a large portion of voters that typically stay away from GOP primary voting contests.

1) Korean-Americans: I think we need some Ron Paul supporters in Illinois (mostly Chicago area) that speak Korean and would be willing to visit a church a week and talk about why Dr. Paul would protect life and help society as a whole better understand Christian values and moral principles.

2) Chinese-Americans: Same as 1), but probably fewer Chinese-Americans that go to church every Sunday. I'm not sure if most 1st generation Chinese-Americans vote for Republicans, but they are a huge population that typically does not vote in Republican primaries.

3) Indian-Americans: I have several friends who are younger 2nd generation Indians and they all support Ron Paul. I think it would be nice to have someone who could travel to Hindu temples and tell them that Ron Paul would support their right to religious freedom, whereas someone like Santorum or Gingrich would really just promote Christianity and denegrate other faiths.

Sorry for trying to cookie-cut people, but I figured we have some untapped groups that could really give Dr. Paul a boost. I know if we really reach out to them they will come around to Dr. Paul's message of freedom and prosperity.

Indy Vidual
01-22-2012, 02:13 PM
Bump....
Good ideas to reach out.

Do churches let people "get up and talk" like that? (You would need to ask in advance)

rideurlightning
01-22-2012, 02:16 PM
Are there any cross-tabs from previous primaries about these groups?

hueylong
01-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Ummm - that's a lot of energy to get people that are hard to get -- for very little bang. Seems to me like a major distraction trying to get "groups".

Maybe people in Illinois can connect with the campaign and run the playbook developed by Dr. Paul and his team, rather than their own.

Drex
01-22-2012, 02:21 PM
I don't think Churches would let you speak about politics. IMO I think churches should be 100% politics free

trojansc82
01-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Bump....
Good ideas to reach out.

Do churches let people "get up and talk" like that? (You would need to ask in advance)

I'm not entirely sure, but Richard Nixon was able to get Sun Myung Moon's followers behind him, and that gave him a huge boost in the 1972 general election.

Here's info on Moon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Myung_Moon

I used to date a Korean girl and went to her church one time. I believe that they are normally pretty welcoming of other people, especially those that are Christian. This group is a huge voting block and would definitely support Dr. Paul if we can get some people to visit the churches, even if they couldn't get up and talk to them.

belian78
01-22-2012, 02:28 PM
IL is a cesspool, do not even have a flicker of hope about IL. There are reasonable people here that support Ron Paul, but most are the 'tea party' types that will willingly fall in line with whoever their county heads tell them to vote for. Romney's people have already secured endoresments from most of the ILGOP establishment. The only way that Romney doesnt take IL is if the MSM can pump up that disgusting sloth Gingrich.

trojansc82
01-22-2012, 02:34 PM
IL is a cesspool, do not even have a flicker of hope about IL. There are reasonable people here that support Ron Paul, but most are the 'tea party' types that will willingly fall in line with whoever their county heads tell them to vote for. Romney's people have already secured endoresments from most of the ILGOP establishment. The only way that Romney doesnt take IL is if the MSM can pump up that disgusting sloth Gingrich.

I agree, but nobody is gathering support from the 100+ thousand Koreans, Chinese, or Indians. That's why I'm saying Ron or Rand needs to start meeting with some religious leaders from each group. That would go a long way. Tea Party and country club Republicans have already made up their minds. Time to look for other voters.

hueylong
01-22-2012, 02:38 PM
Trojan -- are you on crack? Get with the campaign if you want to help. This doesn't help.

goldpants
01-22-2012, 02:39 PM
I agree with the OP on the premise that these minority groups would be fertile territory. While I understand they are individuals and should not be lumped together as a collective, the truth is this group should be very interested in the non-interventionist theory. Churches and gatherings associated with such as well as other local community hot spots should be targeted. Most politicians do not reach out to these groups but through grassroots that could be touched at minimal cost. I suspect there are a lot of independents in that community that are thirsting for a voice. If you speak their language and are partake in community events, it should go. a long way in winning votes.

giovannile07
01-22-2012, 02:39 PM
There's a split between Chinese people who are Christian and Buddhist probably to be honest and a lot of people don't go to church. To be honest from my own Asian population in the city I live in California, Asian people aren't as religious diehards as probably Caucasians from South Carolina. It might be different in Illinois though, so don't take me at my word.

trojansc82
01-22-2012, 02:44 PM
Trojan -- are you on crack? Get with the campaign if you want to help. This doesn't help.

I'm sorry, but there are some serious deficiencies that need to be addressed. The campaign has yet to win a state, even though we were ranked as high as #1 in Iowa and polled at nearly 20% in South Carolina. If supporters of Dr. Paul want to win the nomination and not just go in a didactic tour of the country, then they need to start playing politics with the big boys. Start going out and getting votes from non-traditional GOP voters, because as I said before, the country club Republicans are voting for Romney and the Tea Party is voting for Gingrich. We either get these groups or watch the Grinch or Obamney clinch the nomination.