PDA

View Full Version : Republicans' greatest weapon needs to leave the GOP, to save the USA

roc_rob
01-22-2012, 11:48 AM
Ron Paul is the strongest candidate for president, and this is our movement's moment in history. We cannot wait until it is too late. Without Paul's massive strength among independents, crossovers, and otherwise disillusioned voters---the GOP is dead in the water. He provides clear contrast to both the weaknesses of other GOP candidates and Obama. He is the only candidate that appeals to the greatest ideals of both sides.

I am posting this in Grassroots, because I believe now is the moment for the grassroots to appeal to the campaign. A winking concession from the establishment at a brokered convention that might not even happen will not save the USA. The stakes are as massive as the strength of Ron Paul's promise to lead the nation forward in a bold new direction. We need the presidency now.

Ron Paul's current Republican Party association damages him with independents, disillusioned voters, youth, and crossovers. They are our strength. He is clearly outside the Republican mainstream, and his association with the GOP damages us within our own base of independents, disillusioned voters, youth, and crossovers. It is an ugly party that we are bound to. It is the party of Romney, Santorum, and Gingrich.

Now is the perfect moment for him to leave the GOP. Leaving now would create a media frenzy. The GOP is fundamentally divided. It is fundamentally weak. It offers voters no clear alternative. It is hopeless without Paul. He will be taking our votes with him.

Paul's strength within the party will be marginal if he does not secure the nomination. His ability to redefine the general race is real power. He says we are dangerous. We are not even coming close to hitting our full potential if we allow ourselves to remain shackled in steerage far below the deck of the sinking GOP ship. Let's use our real power, and not marginalize ourselves as an implied threat to mainstream GOP victory.

Paul unites. We are evangelicals, soldiers, conservatives, liberals, radicals, republicans, democrats, independents, libertarians, activists, gay, straight, minority, and majority voters. Paul supporters are a coalition party. We need a clear alternative. We want freedom, peace, and prosperity.

I am appealing for Paul to leave the GOP, and to lead our nation forward in a bold new direction.

Please join me.

hueylong
01-22-2012, 11:49 AM
Terrible, negative troll post from a noob.

nobody's_hero
01-22-2012, 11:52 AM
We should wait until the delegates are counted, and then we'll leave. :)

Paulitics 2011
01-22-2012, 11:56 AM
No.

Decisions like this will be handled by the campaign. Until then, we're trying to be nominated to the GOP.

nc4rp
01-22-2012, 12:01 PM
i agree with some of this and admire your enthusiasm, but Ron Paul has been at this for a long time, he knows what hes doing. just follow his lead.

sailingaway
01-22-2012, 12:03 PM
There is no nod and wink, there is a literal strategy, you really need to do the delegate math. We'll go wherever Ron goes, but he isn't planning to go third party.

Only 57 delegates out of over 2000 have been given out. There is no rational reason for attitudes today to be different than they were the day after New Hampshire. We didn't plan from day one to win SC or Florida.

Edward
01-22-2012, 12:04 PM
There would not be a media frenzy. It would likely get heavy coverage for a day, then a "Thank God!" from all the talking heads the next day... then on with the status quo.

speciallyblend
01-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Terrible, negative troll post from a noob.

positive thread and reality if the gop alienates ron paul. Which they are and will continue to do. The gop/media are sleeping together and the gop leadership is fine with the ron paul blackout. They are to busy sucking the media off. I will +rep this thread since he is addressing reality. The gop/media will make sure ron paul does not get the nomination. We have every right to discuss a plan b even if ron paul agrees or not. It is not up to ron paul who we vote for once the gop alienates him. Ron Paul will probably not run 3rd party and i will vote 3rd party before i vote for an obama republican.

speciallyblend
01-22-2012, 12:26 PM
There would not be a media frenzy. It would likely get heavy coverage for a day, then a "Thank God!" from all the talking heads the next day... then on with the status quo.

good luck voting for romney or newt once the gop alienates ron paul.

speciallyblend
01-22-2012, 12:27 PM
We should wait until the delegates are counted, and then we'll leave. :)

No One But Paul, if the gop continues to go down this road. I will make sure to punish the corrupt gop in elections not reward them.

fj45lvr
01-22-2012, 12:31 PM
that would kill any credibility with folks just like it did with ross perot