PDA

View Full Version : Jump on our backs people.....CAUSE MN IS TAKING THIS THING DOWN!!!!!!

Antwan15
01-22-2012, 11:38 AM
I am serious guys, im a 07er, and believe me, the ground is shaking here in MN!!! I have a brother at UMD, and a sister at St. Thomas (both economics majors like me! yeah!) and they both tell me THINGS ARE BOOMING for RON!. Were smart, were pissed, were organized, WERE READY!!!!

Minnesota has the largest percentage of college students of any state in the Union. We need RPF'ers from every university, we need and WILL WIN MN!!!! Were organized, we have been holding mock caucuses for months now, we need you to stay after and become a delagate too!!!

So, my fellow minnesotans, (i live in forest lake), no more Minnesota nice! This is our alamo! We WILL make this happen and we will all be hero's for it!!!!!!!

Here is the contact info for Ron's MN campaign chair Marianne Stebbins (rockstar)
mariannes@ronpaul2012.com
Phone: 952-807-0001
she will hook you up with everything you need to make the campus charges! Find out which congressional district is yours, get a speech prepared for the caucus (yeah thats right your giving one of those too!)

Here is a list of colleges/universities we need to attack.....

Academy College -Minneapolis
Adler Graduate School - Richfield
Argosy University-Twin Cities
Augsburg College
Bemidji State University
Bethany Lutheran College - Mankato
Bethel Seminary-St. Paul
Bethel University - St. Paul
Brown College - Mendota Heights
Capella University - Minneapolis
Carleton College - Northfield
College of Saint Benedict
Saint Joseph
College of St Catherine
College of Visual Arts - St. Paul
Concordia College at Moorhead
Concordia University-Saint Paul
Crossroads College - Rochester
Crown College
Saint Bonifacius
Dunwoody College of Technology
Globe University
Gustavus Adolphus College-St. Peter
Hamline University
Herzing College - Minneapolis
ITT Technical Institute-Eden Prairie
Luther Seminary - St. Paul
Macalester College - St. Paul
Martin Luther College
Mayo Graduate School - Rochester
Mayo Medical School - Rochester
Mayo School of Health Sciences - Rochester
McNally Smith College of Music - St. Paul
Metropolitan State University - St. Paul
Minneapolis College of Art and Design
Minnesota School of Business
Minnesota School of Business - Plymouth
Minnesota School of Business - Rochester
Minnesota School of Business - Blaine
Minnesota School of Business-Brooklyn Center
Minnesota School of Business-Shakopee
Minnesota School of Business-Waite Park
Minnesota State University-Mankato
Minnesota State University-Moorhead
National American University-Bloomington
National American University-Brooklyn Center
Brooklyn Center
National American University-Roseville
North Central University -Minneapolis
Northwestern College -St. Paul
Northwestern Health Sciences University - Bloomington
Oak Hills Christian College - Bemidji
Pillsbury Baptist Bible College - Owatonna
Rasmussen College-Brooklyn Park
Rasmussen College-Eagan
Rasmussen College-Eden Prairie
Rasmussen College-Lake Elmo
Lake Elmo
Rasmussen College-Mankato
Rasmussen College-St Cloud
Saint Cloud State University
Saint Johns University - Collegeville
Saint Mary's University of Minnesota - Winona
Southwest Minnesota State University - Marshal
St. Olaf College - Northfield
The Art Institutes International Minnesota - Minneapolis
The College of Saint Scholastica - Duluth
United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities
University of Minnesota-Crookston
University of Minnesota-Duluth
University of Minnesota-Morris
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
University of St Thomas - St. Paul
Walden University - Minneapolis
William Mitchell College of Law - St. Paul

tennman
01-22-2012, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the update! I didn't know MN had so many colleges/universities. Do you know if Paul hs an organization in all of them?

goldpants
01-22-2012, 11:43 AM
I like your energy...git'er done

muh_roads
01-22-2012, 11:49 AM
College kids are exactly why Jesse Ventura became the surprise Governor despite being way behind in the polls leading up to the vote. More college kids than any other state in the union. They turned out and Ventura destroyed the donkey & elephant.

sailingaway
01-22-2012, 11:57 AM
Please let us know what you need from people outside of the state, when you reach a point where we can help.

swissaustrian
01-22-2012, 12:01 PM
Get Jesse Ventura on board

Highstreet
01-22-2012, 12:06 PM
Get Jesse Ventura on board

He already endorsed Paul.

swissaustrian
01-22-2012, 12:07 PM
Join forces with the local MN meetup groups,
this one has 476 members
http://www.meetup.com/Ron-Paul-Republicans/
another smaller group: http://www.meetup.com/Eagan-for-Ron-Paul/

Also contact the MN people at http://www.ronpaulcountry.com/launch

There's also a facebook group MN for RP12: http://www.facebook.com/RP2012MN

swissaustrian
01-22-2012, 12:08 PM
He already endorsed Paul.
He could speak on his behalf, use his old campaign contacts etc. I think he could do much more than just endorsing him...

No Free Beer
01-22-2012, 12:09 PM
I like your energy...git'er done

I don't know if this is the best slogan for Minnesota...

vita3
01-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Go Minnesota!

tsetsefly
01-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Join forces with the local MN meetup groups,
this one has 476 members
http://www.meetup.com/Ron-Paul-Republicans/
another smaller group: http://www.meetup.com/Eagan-for-Ron-Paul/

Also contact the MN people at http://www.ronpaulcountry.com/launch

There's also a facebook group MN for RP12: http://www.facebook.com/RP2012MN

THis, and PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU GOTV!!! youth turnout sucked in SC!

muh_roads
01-22-2012, 12:16 PM
I was a delegate and caucused to make it to CD3 up there on the last go around. Lived in MN my whole life. (Had to move to Dallas for job reasons in '10)

But the energy was definitely there last time. We nabbed a few national delegates. I can only imagine we'll nab even more. Kinda wish I still lived there at this moment because when you go through the motions of a caucus it lets you meet a lot of like-minded people and feel the energy. It is a lot of fun. Realizing Texas is a boring Primary state once I got down here was a bit depressing.

But in MN we were definitely a lot more excited for our candidate than anyone else in '08. I'm quite sure that enthusiasm has quadrupled. Kids that couldn't vote now can. Some new adults will be in the fold. Should be exciting. I envy you Antwan15.

And here is a little reminder from a few months ago...

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/11/05/ron-paul-attracts-more-than-3000-supporters-in-minnesota/

EDIT: I should also mention where Paul gave that speech to 3,000 people...it is totally dominated Paul country. CD6. 3 out of 3 national delegates were won there in '08. It is ALSO the area that Michelle Bachmann represents. We could easily send her home packing if we ran someone there. Whoever we run would get full RP-like support.

PeacePlan
01-22-2012, 12:16 PM
I am from Minnesota and I agree we can win here. Minnesota is the only state Ross Perot won in all the states. I was precinct and district delegate in 2007 and I will do the same this time. We are running training for what to do in the caucuses for new people.

In Minnesota we plan to win.

gb13
01-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Please let us know what you need from people outside of the state, when you reach a point where we can help.

SECONDED

Jeffster
01-22-2012, 12:45 PM
I am from Minnesota and I agree we can win here. Minnesota is the only state Ross Perot won in all the states. I was precinct and district delegate in 2007 and I will do the same this time. We are running training for what to do in the caucuses for new people.

In Minnesota we plan to win.

Ross Perot didn't win Minnesota, but he did get a lot of votes there.

Anyway, Al freakin' Franken got elected there, so basically anybody should be able to! :p

alucard13mmfmj
01-22-2012, 12:47 PM
He could speak on his behalf, use his old campaign contacts etc. I think he could do much more than just endorsing him...

Jesse should speak with him during campaigns and use his connections to talkabout Ron on local media outlets.

ALTHOUGH, there could be consequences. Jesse Ventura is what most people label as "conspiracy theorist" and theres no way around it. Ron Paul will be bunched with Jesse as crazy, tin foil, kooks.

PS: I'd love to see Jesse get into his Predator outfit and carry a mock minigun ^^.. thatll be badass. If we can get former governor arnold swcharzenegger, thatll be badass too. and i think there was another former governor who was in the movie Predator as well.

01-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Relying on college kids to vote is poor strategy. They are notoriously unreliable voters. I do hope it works out though.

Ray
01-22-2012, 12:49 PM
If anyone knows any University of Minnesota students, please have them contact me! We already have an active Youth for Ron Paul student group and have been tabling the last few days. Over 130 students have already signed up!

The One
01-22-2012, 12:50 PM
Relying on college kids to vote is poor strategy. They are notoriously unreliable voters. I do hope it works out though.

This. I think I saw an exit poll on CNN yesterday that said only 3% of SC voters were between the ages of 18 and 24. I realize Minnesota isn't SC, but young voters are notorious for leaving their candidates at the alter. We've gotta figure out how to ensure they get out and vote when it comes down to the nut-cutting. If we solve that mystery, we will have accomplished something that essentially has never been accomplished before.

jacmicwag
01-22-2012, 12:52 PM
Make us proud guys - if you pull it off you will be heros in the Ron Paul history book.

PeacePlan
01-22-2012, 12:56 PM
This. I think I saw an exit poll on CNN yesterday that said only 3% of SC voters were between the ages of 18 and 24. I realize Minnesota isn't SC, but young voters are notorious for leaving their candidates at the alter. We've gotta figure out how to ensure they get out and vote when it comes down to the nut-cutting. If we solve that mystery, we will have accomplished something that essentially has never been accomplished before.

offer a keg party to all those who come with a I voted sticker from their caucus and they will show up. Damn be creative and do what it takes to get them there..

IDefendThePlatform
01-22-2012, 12:57 PM
As an outsider lookin in I'd think Ventura could be a big help. Maybe even reah out to Michelle bachamnn somehow? That YouTube of her basically endorsing everything Ron said about domestic stuff is pretty good. Not sure how much sway she has outside of her district though...

Antwan15
01-22-2012, 01:01 PM
Also, we need Iowa, ND, and SD grassroots to get up here and man the battlestations......(many of us MNers went down to iowa to help!) we need the favor returned.

ssjevot
01-22-2012, 01:03 PM
I'm currently in Washington, but I live in MN last time and I've contacted all my MN friends at UMD, the Twin Cities, and Leach Lake Reservation and they've been getting a lot of people ready to vote for Ron. I think he'll do really well there.

tsai3904
01-22-2012, 01:04 PM
I'm currently in Washington, but I live in MN last time and I've contacted all my MN friends at UMD, the Twin Cities, and Leach Lake Reservation and they've been getting a lot of people ready to vote for Ron. I think he'll do really well there.

Washington is also a very important caucus state. Have you contacted the campaign in Washington? Their email is washington@ronpaul2012.com.

PeacePlan
01-22-2012, 01:06 PM
As an outsider lookin in I'd think Ventura could be a big help. Maybe even reah out to Michelle bachamnn somehow? That YouTube of her basically endorsing everything Ron said about domestic stuff is pretty good. Not sure how much sway she has outside of her district though...

Michelle is in my district and I don't see her supporting Ron Paul as she is too much of a war monger. Ventura has a huge personality that is equaled by only his ego (I voted for him only to be let down by what he did) I think Ventura has left a bad taste in the mouths of many from MN.

I see no help from either one..

Scribbler de Stebbing
01-22-2012, 01:08 PM
On this team, we fight for that inch. The inches are everywhere -- in every new supporter we can get to caucus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CmKSBGUOIA

jdcole
01-22-2012, 01:08 PM
I'd hit up those crazy Anonymous kids at the local cell, www.mnraid.info

They're Paul-receptive, and are pretty good at connecting with the public (at least in downtown Minneapolis)

I was born and raised in Minneapolis (lived in the Lyn-Lake neighborhood). Currently live in Texas though. I'm pulling for you guys! Go MN! MN is win!

Badger Paul
01-22-2012, 01:09 PM
I think Minnesota may well be our best chance for a win. 1). It's a state with a low Mormon population; 2). It's not in New England near Romney's home; 3). RP did very well here in 2008 and well organized for 2012; 4). Establishment party in state is disarray and in debt and in no condition to help Romney out.

sailingaway
01-22-2012, 01:10 PM

we supported Bachmann to get her reelected to her seat, actually.

We have a lot of strength in her district.

papitosabe
01-22-2012, 01:11 PM
great thread!!! should be done for every state..every vote counts...whatever it takes...all or nothing...go big or go home...no guts, no glory...no pain no gain...please add any more corny sayings...gotta love em..

PeacePlan
Like in baseball it is very simple when you are up to bat - keep your eye on the ball.

The ball in this game is delegates - swing at that and you might just hit it out of the park.

alucard13mmfmj
I'd hit up those crazy Anonymous kids at the local cell, www.mnraid.info

They're Paul-receptive, and are pretty good at connecting with the public (at least in downtown Minneapolis)

I was born and raised in Minneapolis (lived in the Lyn-Lake neighborhood). Currently live in Texas though. I'm pulling for you guys! Go MN! MN is win!

How come Anonymous is not hacking Main Stream Media and inserting Ron Paul videos. ^^ Maybe they can take over MSM and deliver the real message of Ron paul.

sailingaway
01-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Like in baseball it is very simple when you are up to bat - keep your eye on the ball.

The ball in this game is delegates - swing at that and you might just hit it out of the park.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2107/2196761818_2f8de47b14.jpg

PeacePlan
01-22-2012, 01:15 PM
we supported Bachmann to get her reelected to her seat, actually.

We have a lot of strength in her district.

I am from her district and I don't think she will support him. I may be wrong but I don't think so.

nano1895
01-22-2012, 01:19 PM
Converted my mother two weeks ago, working on some seniors right now. They're independent can ya imagine that!!! (in minnesota :D)

surf
01-22-2012, 01:20 PM
you win MN and we'll win WA. show us how it's done.

PeacePlan
01-22-2012, 01:23 PM
Converted my mother two weeks ago, working on some seniors right now. They're independent can ya imagine that!!! (in minnesota :D)

+rep

Now that you converted her get her to become a delegate and explain to stick around the caucus till the end..

Unknown.User
01-22-2012, 01:24 PM

pacelli
01-22-2012, 01:26 PM

Agreed.

robert9712000
01-22-2012, 01:28 PM
How big of a influence is Jason Lewis up there? hes been defending Paul alot lately and even slipped that he supports him

rideurlightning
01-22-2012, 01:31 PM
This is the kind of enthusiasm we need guys!

Scribbler de Stebbing
01-22-2012, 01:35 PM
In 2008 we had maybe 6% support in the general public. 16% at caucus. In 2012, if we have 12% support and can triple that in caucus representation, we have 36%.

Sign up to be a precinct captain: http://ronpaulminnesota.wufoo.com/forms/be-a-precinct-captain-for-ron-paul/
Come in and volunteer: http://www.ronpaul2012.com/sign-up-as-volunteer/ or http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ron-Paul-2012-MN-Headquarters/252999494746785

Michael Landon
01-22-2012, 01:37 PM
I only hope you're right. I live near Duluth, and I'm jumping through hoops to get anyone to even come and vote on the 7th, let alone become a delegate. I can't get anyone to commit. I was a delegate to CD8 in '07 and the establishment Republicans did everything in their power to exclude us from everything. They passed resolutions that required everyone running for National Delegate to declare who they supported as a way to out the RP supporters, they did this at my HD convention also. I hope southern Minnesota is more well organized than the northern because I'm not too optimistic. I don't want to be negative but this is what I'm seeing. On a positive note, I've come across a LOT of Obama supporters who will support Paul in the General Election but for some reason I can't get them to commit to voting for him in the caucus. Any help in convincing them would be greatly appreciated.

- ML

Lord Xar
01-22-2012, 01:38 PM
WHAT are the issues most important to those in Minn?

for Republicans?
for Democrats?

Many of us wanna target ADS, but we don't want to goof it up by targeting the wrong things/issues/concerns.

ssjevot
01-22-2012, 01:40 PM
I only hope you're right. I live near Duluth, and I'm jumping through hoops to get anyone to even come and vote on the 7th, let alone become a delegate. I can't get anyone to commit. I was a delegate to CD8 in '07 and the establishment Republicans did everything in their power to exclude us from everything. They passed resolutions that required everyone running for National Delegate to declare who they supported as a way to out the RP supporters, they did this at my HD convention also. I hope southern Minnesota is more well organized than the northern because I'm not too optimistic. I don't want to be negative but this is what I'm seeing. On a positive note, I've come across a LOT of Obama supporters who will support Paul in the General Election but for some reason I can't get them to commit to voting for him in the caucus. Any help in convincing them would be greatly appreciated.

- ML

You need to convince them that the caucus is all that matters. There will be no Ron Paul in the general election if they don't vote in the caucus. You can also have a post caucus party for the people who vote, maybe that will be worth the one hour of their time.

KingRobbStark
01-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Do yo thang, make us proud.

ssjevot
01-22-2012, 01:41 PM
WHAT are the issues most important to those in Minn?

for Republicans?
for Democrats?

Many of us wanna target ADS, but we don't want to goof it up by targeting the wrong things/issues/concerns.

Very pro-life among the Republicans there, the Democrats are very anti-war. It should be pretty easy to target them.

Antwan15
01-22-2012, 01:45 PM
How big of a influence is Jason Lewis up there? hes been defending Paul alot lately and even slipped that he supports him

HUGE!! He has the best time slot 5:00 on the top political station in MN.......Grassroots, start showing the love to Jason Lewis, he has been an ally for a long time now!!!!!!!!!

Michael Landon
01-22-2012, 01:51 PM
Anyone know if they air Lewis up near Duluth? I would rather listen to him than the rest of the crap they play up here.

- ML

Michael Landon
01-22-2012, 01:54 PM
You need to convince them that the caucus is all that matters. There will be no Ron Paul in the general election if they don't vote in the caucus.

That's been my argument and it's not really working. It's funny though, if you drove through the parking lot of my work you'd think it was a Ron Paul headquarters because of all the RP bumper stickers on cars.

- ML

ssjevot
01-22-2012, 01:56 PM
That's been my argument and it's not really working. It's funny though, if you drove through the parking lot of my work you'd think it was a Ron Paul headquarters because of all the RP bumper stickers on cars.

- ML

Did you tell them you were throwing a party for people who voted? Because that gets people voting.

muh_roads
01-22-2012, 02:00 PM
In 2008 we had maybe 6% support in the general public. 16% at caucus. In 2012, if we have 12% support and can triple that in caucus representation, we have 36%.

Sign up to be a precinct captain: http://ronpaulminnesota.wufoo.com/forms/be-a-precinct-captain-for-ron-paul/
Come in and volunteer: http://www.ronpaul2012.com/sign-up-as-volunteer/ or http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ron-Paul-2012-MN-Headquarters/252999494746785

I bet you would've had more than 16% last time if it weren't for the GOP dirty tricks. Is the campaign ready to counter their attempts better? I was disappointed at the lack of Robert's Rules which should have been used in our favor more.

After CD6 won 3 out of 3 delegates last time and CD5 won 2 out of 3 I think in '08. The MN GOP establishment then interviewed everyone individually who wanted to be a national delegate and asked who they supported on camera one by one. I think this was illegal was it not?

Then to top it off the chairman of the MN GOP tried to illegally influence the delegation one congressional district at a time by calling out Paul supporters as sodomites.

It was absolutely disgusting. Their claws will be out. I hope people are ready to throw poo back in their face.

Antwan15
01-22-2012, 02:01 PM

- ML

Email my brother, Mike, he has been spreading the good word up there as well (he goes to UMD), that gets you at least 10, I know he dragging peoples with him on the 7th!!!! They just need some organization!!! corr0178@d.umn.edu, he will be looking to hear from you Michael Landon. Keep up the good work!!!!!!

Indy Vidual
01-22-2012, 02:03 PM
In case anyone doesn't know:
Minnesota caucus is on Tuesday, February 7, 2012

swissaustrian
01-22-2012, 02:06 PM
Does MN allow absentee or early voting? This could boost the 18-24 vote IF the grassroots reached out to them.

robert9712000
01-22-2012, 02:07 PM
Heres a list of stations in Minnesota for Jason Lewis

Brainerd
1270AM WWWI Airs Live 5-8p CT
Minneapolis
103.5FM KTCN Airs Live 5-8p CT
1130AM KTCN Airs Live 5-8p CT
St. Cloud
1450AM KNSI Airs Live 5-8p CT

and if anyone else wants to listen to him go hear for info

http://www.jasonlewisshow.com/jasonLewisShow.php

jointhefightforfreedom
01-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Bump

Go Min GO !

ssjevot
01-22-2012, 02:16 PM
Oh and if you go to UMD most of the guys down in the Games Room (the place with all the videogames, I think it's called The Underground?) are my friends and Ron Paul supporters. If you see Sean or Brad working there hit them up. I wish I was still in Duluth, I miss all of them.

Badger Paul
01-22-2012, 02:31 PM
As I said, the top leadership of the Minnesota GOP was kicked out due to scandal and the fact the state party is deep in debt. They're no position to do crap like that this time. Tom Emmer did very well two years ago and he's a Paul supporter and he won thanks to RP supporter's help.

Antwan15
01-22-2012, 02:35 PM
As I said, the top leadership of the Minnesota GOP was kicked out due to scandal and the fact the state party is deep in debt. They're no position to do crap like that this time. Tom Emmer did very well two years ago and he's a Paul supporter and he won thanks to RP supporter's help.

Actually Emmer lost the election, but if your reffering the the republican party you are correct. Tom Emmer is another ally (for the most part) Also does anyone have a pic or tube from the RP event in St. Cloud, MN a few months back?

mstrmac1
01-22-2012, 03:09 PM
POND HOCKEY FOR THE WIN!!!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCod00WtjzjDBL_ggOSi0OZBdiX7n_Q zLDV71JdKY0Wz2MXbJ1ltcpT-Yu

dagnybell
01-22-2012, 03:12 PM
Washington is also a very important caucus state. Have you contacted the campaign in Washington? Their email is washington@ronpaul2012.com.

I'm in Seattle. Just wondering if there's a facebook page for Washington or any other info on WA events/efforts.

eleganz
I like this thread, if you're in MN or around there...make sure you find time and a way to get there and help them win. We should all be helping out locally!

Ant15...if we, on the net can help in anyway, please post it up! I would LOVE to win a state....!

Lishy
I don't see anything wrong with Jesse Ventura endorsing Paul as long as he keeps the conspiracy theories out of the equation, and he focuses on what "republicans" like to hear by acting all overly-patriotic.

Let's be realistic here. If Jesse Ventura talks about the FEMA prison camps in a speech, many voters will role their eyes, and go "that crazy ol' Ventura again."

But if he says the baloney that category of people LIKE to hear, such as talking about how "great" America is, "freedom", etc.. etc.. and he follows it up with a "vote!" message, it will motive youth who normally don't vote, while making some of the "republicans" scratch their head and give Jesse Ventura and Paul second thoughts because they associate blind patriotism with how good a candidate would be.

Course, Jesse Ventura wouldn't necessarily be selling out either. Rather, he could be discrete in criticizing today's America, talking about how great the founding of America was, without directly comparing it today; Rather he could discretely criticize our modern society by solely speaking of only our liberties our founding fathers intended, without ever mentioning the present!

I believe discrete criticism is much harsher than blunt criticism. Furthermore, it will convince "Republicans" that Jesse Ventura is NOT "crazy" like they believe him to be. They believe Ron Paul and Ventura are acquainted, so changing their opinion about Ventura will change their opinion about Paul!

Jesse Ventura has an amazing voice, and plenty of Charisma. If he could take a discrete approach to what true patriotism is like, then the message will be very powerful.

In short, if he makes a simple speech about the freedom and liberty intended by America's values, it will convince people he and Paul are NOT crazy, and actually attract Paul voters!

RabbitMan
01-22-2012, 03:15 PM
I'm in Seattle. Just wondering if there's a facebook page for Washington or any other info on WA events/efforts.

There is, Washington for Ron Paul, etc. etc. It's pretty easy to find.

helmuth_hubener
01-22-2012, 03:16 PM
I don't know if this is the best slogan for Minnesota... You betcha, then!

helmuth_hubener
01-22-2012, 03:20 PM
Does MN allow absentee or early voting? This could boost the 18-24 vote IF the grassroots reached out to them. No, not to my understanding -- it is a caucus state.

ronpaulhawaii
01-22-2012, 03:35 PM
Was looking into the 8% SC youth turnout just now and found something other states may find useful...

http://www.civicyouth.org/quick-facts/youth-voting/#4

Getting Out the Youth Vote: What Works

Personalized and interactive contact counts. The most effective way of getting a new voter is the in-person door knock by a peer; the least effective is an automated phone call. Canvassing costs $11 to $14 per new vote, followed closely by phone banks at $10 to $25 per new vote. Robocalls mobilize so few voters that they cost $275 per new vote. (These costs are figured per vote that would not be cast without the mobilizing effort.)
Begin with the basics. Telling a new voter where to vote, when to vote and how to use the voting machines increases turnout.
The medium is more important than the message. Partisan and nonpartisan, negative and positive messages seem to work about the same. The important factor is the degree to which the contact is personalized.
In ethnic and immigrant communities, start young. Young voters in these communities are easier to reach, are more likely to speak English (cutting down translation costs), and are the most effective messengers within their communities.
Initial mobilization produces repeat voters. If an individual has been motivated to get to the polls once, they are more likely to return. So, getting young people to vote early could be key to raising a new generation of voters.
Leaving young voters off contact lists is a costly mistake. Some campaigns still bypass young voters, but research shows they respond cost-effectively when contacted.
Source: Young Voter Mobilization Tactics (http://www.civicyouth.org/PopUps/Young_Voters_Guide.pdf)

and titles like:

Source: Throwing a Better Party: Local Mobilizing Institutions and the Youth Vote (http://www.civicyouth.org/PopUps/WorkingPapers/WP13shea.pdf)

ssjevot
01-22-2012, 03:40 PM

This is the Facebook page we use:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/uwforpaul/

Michael Landon
01-22-2012, 03:41 PM
Email my brother, Mike, he has been spreading the good word up there as well (he goes to UMD), that gets you at least 10, I know he dragging peoples with him on the 7th!!!! They just need some organization!!! corr0178@d.umn.edu, he will be looking to hear from you Michael Landon. Keep up the good work!!!!!!

Thanks, Antwan. Can you message me his full name? I'll forward his information onto our coordinator.
Take care.
- ML

Antwan15
01-22-2012, 03:54 PM
Thanks, Antwan. Can you message me his full name? I'll forward his information onto our coordinator.
Take care.
- ML

Done and Done!!!

maxoutco
01-22-2012, 03:54 PM
This would be the perfect spot to bring out the youth vote with a buddy system.

Michael Landon
01-22-2012, 04:02 PM
Thanks Antwan15.

Hopefully we can get this done.

- ML

D.A.S.
01-22-2012, 04:15 PM
Gotta do something to get young people out in force for Ron Paul... The campaign needs to host on-campus pizza parties or something for caucus-goers ONLY... Or maybe host pre-caucus pizza parties where youngsters would have to sign in with their email address/phone/name so the campaign can get in touch with them to get the vote out. This REALLY needs to happen. College kids dig pizza - pizza makes people come out of their cave, especially when they are poor like college kids often are. So Operation Pizza Party is needed!!!

Antwan15
01-22-2012, 04:36 PM

You should send thier emails to Michael Landon...he has posted on this thread a couple of times, seems like there is alot of support up their but they are not organized. It would help alot, we should crush it in Duluth!!!!

Michael Landon
01-22-2012, 04:38 PM
You should send thier emails to Michael Landon...he has posted on this thread a couple of times, seems like there is alot of support up their but they are not organized. It would help alot, we should crush it in Duluth!!!!

Anyone that knows someone in Minnesota, hit me with the info.

- ML

Captain Bryan
01-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Can someone explain to me the process of becoming a delegate in MN. I'm going to try to get as many friends as I can to become one. I don't really understand it well enough to explain to others.

Michael Landon
01-22-2012, 05:00 PM
Can someone explain to me the process of becoming a delegate in MN. I'm going to try to get as many friends as I can to become one. I don't really understand it well enough to explain to others.

I sent you a private message.

- ML

doctorfunk
01-22-2012, 05:01 PM
Also, we need Iowa, ND, and SD grassroots to get up here and man the battlestations......(many of us MNers went down to iowa to help!) we need the favor returned.
I live in Des Moines now and grew up on the IA/MN border. I'd be willing to drive up and help for a day or weekend. I didn't really do much for RP around here as I was a little late to the bandwagon (I did caucus for him). Please let me know what you need, especially if you're doing something in southern MN.

Captain Bryan
01-22-2012, 05:18 PM
I sent you a private message.

- MLThank you, Michael. I'll pass this around.

Ray
01-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Reposting this on Page 9, if anyone knows any University of Minnesota students, please have them contact me. I'm running the Youth for Ron Paul student group here, and we are having a mock caucus on Tuesday so we need to get as many people to come as possible.

dbill27
01-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Can we have some kind of event that young people will turn out for, like a huge concert or something and then bus people to the polls on election day? I'm so tired of young people being in full support of ron and then not showing up

RDM
01-22-2012, 10:46 PM
Can we have some kind of event that young people will turn out for, like a huge concert or something and then bus people to the polls on election day? I'm so tired of young people being in full support of ron and then not showing up

If someone could coordinate something with this band Golden State who did a event in NH "For the boots on the ground", that would be great. don't know if RevPac has anything planned for MN. I know they are working with the band for something in ND and possibly NV.

Golden State Band who wrote the song "Bombs-End This War (The Ron Paul Song). Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/GOLDENSTATEBAND

Here's their work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE30TH6Y7cI&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQsMsiSuX_o&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ia0SMHNgEAI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-nhqPlZq7xU

LibertasPraesidium
01-22-2012, 11:06 PM
I live in MN and its great, and we have THE best campaign reps here! The organization and classes are exactly what everyone needed, and I have really good feelings about this cycle.

On a side note: I have also noticed that a good portion of democrats do not want to caucus for paul here, ran into 4 people yesterday that will support him in the General election but will not participate in the Republican caucus. Anyone have any thing that can help someone with this.?

SovereignMN
01-22-2012, 11:11 PM
1. Forget getting Jesse Ventura's help. Yes he won in 1998 with the college kids turning out but he goverened fairly liberally (gave us a +1 Billion boondoggle light rail), is despised by the local media and generally not very popular with the public anymore. Plus today's college kids were between the ages of 4-8 when he was elected. That's ancient history to them and they won't care. At this point having Jesse stump for Paul in Minnesota would hurt more than help, IMHO.

2. Jason Lewis is popular in Minnesota and has been pimping Paul hard lately, especially since Bachmann dropped out.

3. Those in MN need to be hitting the phone lines and calling everyone they know. Just this past week I got 10 people who had never caucused before to commit to going for Ron Paul. Get them educated on the process and the importance of being a delegate.

4. MN is a very progressive state overall, but A LOT of the active GOP mirrors the national profile...meaning you have a lot of seniors that are staunch pro-life, want an aggressive foreign policy and are scared to death of ending the war on drugs. I'm just stating this to set appropriate expectations. I got flipped off on the highway the other night because of my Ron Paul bumper sticker.

5. MN has 8 Congressional Districts that will each directly elect 3 delegates to the national convention. Last time we got 6 of them (I think we got 2 in Mpls CD5, 3 in St. Paul CD4 and 1 in Bachmann's district CD6...but I could be off). 13 delegates are elected directly by the state convention and the final 3 are super-delegates. Paul supporters have successfully established themselves in leadership positions at various levels of the GOP machinary since 2008.

6. Romney got nearly 40% of the vote here last time in a 5-person race. It will be VERY tough to beat him this time...although many of his supporters simply voted and went home last time.

SovereignMN
01-22-2012, 11:13 PM
One more note: Minnesota has some of the most open voting rules in the country. In a general election you can register at the polling place simply by having someone else vouch for you. It's CRUCIAL that we convince these Dems that they can show up at their precinct caucus (even if they've never voted before in their life) and participate.

RickyJ
01-22-2012, 11:17 PM
Too many schools man. Who actually goes to all these schools? Does everyone in Minnesota go to school all day? :) Dose no one work there?

Antwan15
01-22-2012, 11:24 PM
Too many schools man. Who actually goes to all these schools? Does everyone in Minnesota go to school all day? :) Dose no one work there?

well, none of us get JOBS, what the hell else are we supposed to do!! lol

btw....looks like someone could use alittle schooling themselves!!! (dose, does) mean different things! What are you, from South Carolina!!!!!:);)

Matthew Zak
01-22-2012, 11:30 PM
I'm from MN, and the difference feels pretty good from 2008.

Last time around, my best friend thought I was insane for "being political" and stupid for donating money to any candidate. This year he's rocking 3 Ron Paul bumper stickers and making Ron Paul posts on facebook on the regular.

Last time around, the only person in my family who was even remotely intrigued by Ron Paul was my mom, but she wanted Huck to win, and wound up voting for McCain. This year, my mom, step dad, sister, and her boyfriend (who's black by the way - ahem MSM) are all Ron Paul supporters.

Last time around I had no allies on the internet community outside of these forums. This year I personally know at least a half dozen people my age as active as I was 4 years ago.

I fully expect Ron Paul to do a lot better this year than he did last cycle, but I make no specific predictions.

fatdumb
01-23-2012, 12:20 AM
All I can say is that I've already guaranteed my district coordinator that all the delegates from my precinct will show up to the BPOU supporting Ron Paul. We won them all last time (2008) and most of us went to our congressional district convention and state convention. This year I just started my list of Ron Paul supporters for my precinct and I've already got 2x more than last time that have agreed to caucus for Paul.

truthdivides
01-23-2012, 12:53 AM
From what I gather, Ron Paul is doing pretty well in the cities (Minneapolis/St Paul metro area for you non-Minnesotans), but it's kind of rough outside the cities. I'm in Rochester and the enthusiasm level and number of people working hard for Paul is down significantly. All of the 07/08 crowd is burned out and there are only a small handful of us now. I'm not trying to be a downer, just reporting from MN.

Danemicus
01-23-2012, 12:57 AM
Hopefully those youngsters won't have important Facebook business to attend to on the day of voting. :p Just kidding. It's great to know that there is such enthusiasm in MN. Well done to everyone who's contributed to making it possible.

A. Havnes
01-23-2012, 08:25 AM
From what I gather, Ron Paul is doing pretty well in the cities (Minneapolis/St Paul metro area for you non-Minnesotans), but it's kind of rough outside the cities. I'm in Rochester and the enthusiasm level and number of people working hard for Paul is down significantly. All of the 07/08 crowd is burned out and there are only a small handful of us now. I'm not trying to be a downer, just reporting from MN.

I concur. Please don't take Minnesota for granted! It sounds like the Twin Cities are pro-Paul people, but I live about an hour outside of Bemidji, and Ron Paul isn't seen as electable. I get really tickled if I happen to see a Paul bumber sticker, or people wearing Paul shirts because it's such a rarity! In fact, I've only met three pro-Paul people in this area, and converting others is a real pain.

I don't want to sound harsh towards Minnesota's culture, because I love our backwards way of doing things, but it can be very hard to convert people. For one, the people around me are more like South Carolina Republicans than anything else. They would easily throw their conscience away and vote for someone morally reprehensible like Gingrich if they percieved that he could win. I think I've got one guy coming around to Paul (a retired man, 80% of residents where I live is retired), but he views him as weak against Obama when it comes to foreign policy.

Now, here's the hard part about converting people. The North Woods area of Minnesota is full of people of Scandinavian descent, so much so that the state is actually considered to be a Scandinavian subculture, and can be very hard-headed. In general, we in Minnesota don't engage in political debates very often. We talk politics around the breakfast table sometimes, but most of the time conversations go like this:

A: It's too bad that Bachmann woman dropped out, isn't it?

B: Well, I think I disagree there.

A: Oh ya? Okay.

Minnesotans, at least those in the rural areas, just won't elaborate on their disagreements! If you try and have a discussion, you're seen as confrontational. The best thing to do is just leave flyers everywhere and let people come to their own conclusions, because discussion is usually out of the question.

There, sorry for the rant, but I'm just feeling frustrated. I suppose we're lucky in that around 60% of the state's population actually lives in the Twin Cities, which sounds like it's embraced Paul, but it would be nice if I could see my own Hubbard County embrace him as well!

Not trying to be pessimistic, but we have a lot of work yet to do in Minnesota if you want people outside of Minneapolis and St. Paul to be voting for him. Biggest issue: electability and foreign policy. Overcome these and you'll have a lot more voters from Minnesota's more conservative, rural areas.

Minnesota is very liberal in the cities (guess how we got that moron Dayton for governor, and Franken in the senate), and is one of the highest taxing states in the nation, and is considered to be the most small business unfriendly state in America. However, rural Minnesota is very, very South Carolinai-ish.

EDIT: By the way, you're avatar is awesome! I'm trying to beat the game yet again and get all the sidequests completed this time.

Lovecraftian4Paul
01-23-2012, 09:01 AM
I totally agree with what others have said about the difference between the cities and outlying areas. Fortunately, I'm in St. Paul for my own caucusing, but I've been trying to spread "the gospel of Paul" to folks I know outside the Twin Cities. I have the best success with independents and moderate/conservative Democrats.

The Republicans are very hard to convert in these areas. They are obsessed with fake conservatism or perception of electability and choose Gingrich. Or else they are small business owners, and they see Romney as the only viable vote to protect their money.

Don't count out Romney in MN by any means. His supporters took the state by a healthy margin last time. Although Ron Paul won my precinct in 2008, I was surprised by the number of Romney supporters who showed up, and how many of them were young people. Hardly anyone appeared supporting McCain or Huckabee. In fairness, it looked like a lot of teens showed up with their parents or grandparents just to support Romney because they were told to.

deputydon
01-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Maybe we can contact Slug (from Atmosphere) to make a Ron Paul song... He's from Minnesota.. hahah.

harikaried
01-23-2012, 10:13 AM
Relying on college kids to vote is poor strategy. They are notoriously unreliable voters.That just means we need to step up our GOTV effort for college kids. They need to know that their vote is important for themselves, their classmates, and the future of the country.

Xenliad
01-23-2012, 10:13 AM
We talk politics around the breakfast table sometimes, but most of the time conversations go like this:

This is hilarious! I almost laughed at work.

lib3rtarian
01-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Minnesota, PLEASE win this fight for us!

thesnake742
01-23-2012, 10:35 AM
Minnesota is a hot bed for dissafected ex-obama voters.

thesnake742
01-23-2012, 10:38 AM
Reposting this on Page 9, if anyone knows any University of Minnesota students, please have them contact me. I'm running the Youth for Ron Paul student group here, and we are having a mock caucus on Tuesday so we need to get as many people to come as possible.

Hey Ray, My name is Tim S., I believe i'm facebook friends with you. I'll be at the Mock Caucus tomorrow night, and I'm trying to recruit as many of my fraternity brothers as I can.

surf
01-23-2012, 10:52 AM
On a side note: I have also noticed that a good portion of democrats do not want to caucus for paul here, ran into 4 people yesterday that will support him in the General election but will not participate in the Republican caucus. Anyone have any thing that can help someone with this.?
challenge them by asking if they want to have a tough choice to make. i find this is an appealling argument that can challenge a persons "manhood."

Antwan15
02-06-2012, 08:35 PM
shamless self bump 1

Antwan15
02-06-2012, 08:35 PM
shamless self bump 2

Antwan15
02-06-2012, 08:36 PM
shamless self bump 3

Andrew Ryan
02-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Two Three shameless self bumps within 1 minute?! :eek:

centure7
02-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Lets focus on the universities in St. Paul!

dillo
02-06-2012, 08:45 PM
We need "the body" to help us

neverseen
02-06-2012, 09:07 PM
Hey Ray, My name is Tim S., I believe i'm facebook friends with you. I'll be at the Mock Caucus tomorrow night, and I'm trying to recruit as many of my fraternity brothers as I can.

Throw a keggar that you can only get into with proof of a vote. What's $100 for a keg and $5 for some cups if it means freedom!

georgiaboy
02-06-2012, 09:21 PM
most of the time conversations go like this:

I think those are lines from the film Fargo (not really, but they coulda been). One of my favorites.

floridasun1983
02-06-2012, 10:19 PM
I want to believe....I really do.

seawolf
02-06-2012, 10:29 PM
Please if you live in Minnesota, bring a family member or friend that believes in Liberty and will vote for Ron Paul. In a caucus every vote really has a far greater impact than a primary.

Go Minnesota!!! Tuesday night, February 7th at 7:00 PM let's rock the house and shock the world. For Liberty!!! No One But Paul !!!

georgiaboy
02-06-2012, 10:33 PM
This is doable.

Go.
Fight.
Win!

Make history.

Ryan_G
02-06-2012, 10:34 PM
Please if you live in Minnesota, bring a family member or friend that believes in Liberty and will vote for Ron Paul. In a caucus every vote really has a far greater impact than a primary.

Go Minnesota!!! Tuesday night, February 7th at 7:00 PM let's rock the house and shock the world. For Liberty!!! No One But Paul !!!

+1 I am bringing 6 people with me

carterm
02-06-2012, 10:38 PM

+1 rep

HarryBrowneLives
02-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Operation DRAG YOUR GRANNY!

nano1895
02-06-2012, 11:22 PM
I'll be bringing my mother+brother, our caucus voting site is only a 10 min walk away :)

pahs1994
02-06-2012, 11:30 PM
I have a question about the Minnesota caucus.
If we win, will we even gain any delegates? Because, from what i read about the 2008 caucus there all the delegates were unbound and were chosen months after the non-binding caucus...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Republican_caucuses,_2008
of course my source is wikipedia.... lol so i was wondering if anyone from MN can tell me how this works? i hope the delegates don't end up being establishment hacks, do we have a ground game to get into these later district conventions?

RDM
02-06-2012, 11:34 PM

Can you tie down about 4 more on top of your roof with the cargo rack?:D

Ryan_G
02-06-2012, 11:35 PM
If we elect lots of delegates on caucus night we will be fine. We nearly had them all in 08, but the MN GOP pulled some nasty tricks to roadblock. The MN GOP has had some problems with debt and scandal since then with some of the leadership being removed, so it may be a different, more favorable ball game this time around. But we need to elect a lot of delegates.

low preference guy
02-07-2012, 07:45 AM
bump

vita3
02-07-2012, 07:55 AM
We only need 25,000 t win tonite.

D.Paul got 10,000 in 08'

It's that easy.

I have family & friends votin.

Make it Happen!

Drex
02-07-2012, 07:55 AM
LET'S DO THIS!

tsetsefly
02-07-2012, 07:56 AM
I am serious guys, im a 07er, and believe me, the ground is shaking here in MN!!! I have a brother at UMD, and a sister at St. Thomas (both economics majors like me! yeah!) and they both tell me THINGS ARE BOOMING for RON!. Were smart, were pissed, were organized, WERE READY!!!!

Minnesota has the largest percentage of college students of any state in the Union. We need RPF'ers from every university, we need and WILL WIN MN!!!! Were organized, we have been holding mock caucuses for months now, we need you to stay after and become a delagate too!!!

So, my fellow minnesotans, (i live in forest lake), no more Minnesota nice! This is our alamo! We WILL make this happen and we will all be hero's for it!!!!!!!

Here is the contact info for Ron's MN campaign chair Marianne Stebbins (rockstar)
mariannes@ronpaul2012.com
Phone: 952-807-0001
she will hook you up with everything you need to make the campus charges! Find out which congressional district is yours, get a speech prepared for the caucus (yeah thats right your giving one of those too!)

Update, how do things look?

bbartlog
02-07-2012, 07:59 AM
Update, how do things look?

If he's keeping us updated on RPF on a day like today he's DOING IT ALL WRONG. To be fair, I should be phoning. See you later.

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-07-2012, 08:09 AM
Later that night

What happened in MN?!

helmuth_hubener
02-08-2012, 12:41 AM
How is it possible that we did so badly? I have decided voters are lousy.

Of course we kind of already knew that.

Thanks for trying Minn! Good effort.

Jeffster
02-08-2012, 12:44 AM
How is it possible that we did so badly? I have decided voters are lousy.

Of course we kind of already knew that.

Thanks for trying Minn! Good effort.

Ron Paul nearly doubled the vote of the "presumptive nominee"!! I don't think that is doing so badly!

parocks
02-08-2012, 01:41 AM

It worked for Obama.

We need to spend as much money getting the message out to 18-29 as we spend on getting the 65+ vote out.

Who do you think the campaign is calling, mostly?

Do you think they're calling 18-29 year old men, who like us?

Not really. Those 18-29 men might not be registered. The campaign starts with a list. If there was a list of new 18 year old men, we'd want that list. But that list doesn't exist.

They're calling 65+, a lot more than 18-29. So, we are focusing a lot of attention on 65+ likely voters, and they just aren't the ones who like us.

We need to spend money on getting 18-29 to the polls. Grassroots money goes to superbrochures and supervoters, not 18-29 men. 18-29 men are being reached by our random typing in favor of Ron Paul on the internet. But that's not campaign money or grassroots money that's being spent educating people about the rules of voting.

parocks
02-08-2012, 01:45 AM
Throw a keggar that you can only get into with proof of a vote. What's $100 for a keg and $5 for some cups if it means freedom!

this