PDA

View Full Version : PPP-MN Tweets

nyrgoal99
01-22-2012, 11:34 AM
ppppolls PublicPolicyPolling
Newt up big on the first day of our Minnesota poll on the GOP side...we may really be in for a wild ride in the coming months
22 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Obama stomping Romney in our Minnesota polling...one state that's likely to be a lot more like 2008 than 2000/2004

Patrick Henry
01-22-2012, 11:40 AM
Time to run serial hypocrisy.
Newt up big on the first day of our Minnesota poll on the GOP side...we may really be in for a wild ride in the coming months
22 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Obama stomping Romney in our Minnesota polling...one state that's likely to be a lot more like 2008 than 2000/2004

ZanZibar
01-22-2012, 11:41 AM
Hmmm... interesting... please continue to report this.

South Park Fan
01-22-2012, 11:42 AM
Poll numbers matter less than turnout in caucus states. Romney and Paul doubled their poll numbers in the Nevada caucus 4 years ago due to their enthusiasm.

jasonxe
01-22-2012, 11:44 AM
They need to pounnd again about Newt being a lobbyist & 1.5m freddie mac. Damn, we need attack dog Bachmenn, she is better then frothy.

libertybrewcity
01-22-2012, 11:47 AM
I really think caucus states are hard to poll.

realtonygoodwin
01-22-2012, 12:29 PM
Iowa was somewhat accurate.

sailingaway
01-22-2012, 12:32 PM
this is Newt's bump. Remember what SC looked like with Santorum's bump? wait it out. This poll won't mean much by me, things have to settle. There are other contests between now and Minnesota.

muh_roads
01-22-2012, 12:35 PM
These polls might be accurate. Methodology is a lot more spot on than years past. But people need to be reminded that the vote in a caucus state is just a glorified straw poll. It is the people that stick it out past the voting date and move through the caucus motions that matter most.

We could still get most of the national delegates in Iowa for example. It just depends how organized we are.

Intoxiklown
01-22-2012, 12:48 PM
this is Newt's bump. Remember what SC looked like with Santorum's bump? wait it out. This poll won't mean much by me, things have to settle. There are other contests between now and Minnesota.

Agreed. As much as I dislike him, James Carville hit the nail on the head last night when he warned Swingrich supporters, "Remember, everything you know about Newt Gingrich now won't even be close to what you'll know about Newt Gingrich 10 days from now."

alucard13mmfmj
01-22-2012, 12:52 PM
They need to pounnd again about Newt being a lobbyist & 1.5m freddie mac. Damn, we need attack dog Bachmenn, she is better then frothy.

we are running out of attack dogs. im not quite sure if Ron Paul will go on the offensive soon >.<. GOP wants someone who can attack, only reason why SC voted for Newt.

Michael Landon
01-22-2012, 01:44 PM
All I've been hearing the last week is Pro-Newt ads on the radio, I hope Paul starts advertising soon.

- ML

Rincewind
01-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Iowa was somewhat accurate.

Iowa is a caucus format, but it doesn't act like a caucus state. Turnout is much higher in Iowa as a function of population. Consider the 2008 numbers (rough numbers, the population is current population):

Iowa:
Population: 3 million
Turnout: 120,000

Nevada:
Population: 2.7 million
Turnout: 44,000

Minnesota:
Population: 5.3 million
Turnout: 63,000

moonshine5757
01-22-2012, 02:01 PM

Bachmann? How about Ron Paul grows a pair of balls and attack Newt and Romney for once and not let Santorum do all the hard lifting?

Bruno
01-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Bachmann? How about Ron Paul grows a pair of balls and attack Newt and Romney for once and not let Santorum do all the hard lifting?

He has balls much larger than yours, he has been fighting the status quo for decades.

BUSHLIED
01-22-2012, 02:38 PM

Everyone still thinks that Newt is going to fall again??? Just wait don't worry etc...NO. The primary season is now in full swing...we can't focus on the polls/horserace etc...screw the polls. The campaign has to run the hardest campaign they can in all caucus states. All long as Santorum is still in the race, we have to work the evangelicals etc..if the Debates can help Gingrich, Then they can also HELP RON if he does well. Social Secruity is going to be important HOW IS RON GOING TO CONVINCE voters in FL about his plan.

GraspingForPeace
01-22-2012, 02:50 PM
He has balls much larger than yours, he has been fighting the status quo for decades.

That may be true, but he has to start showing that he has teeth. That is why people opened up to Newt in S.C., because he went after somebody and didn't back down.

eduardo89
01-22-2012, 03:30 PM
That may be true, but he has to start showing that he has teeth. That is why people opened up to Newt in S.C., because he went after somebody and didn't back down.

Maybe he doesn't have teeth and wears dentures?

Lovecraftian4Paul
01-22-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm in Minnesota. I've been hammering about Gingrich since his first surge months ago on mainline conservatives. They know exactly what he is, but the problem is that they don't care. For whatever reason, he's viewed more favorably than Romney, despite his corruption. Ron Paul is forever seen as unelectable, no matter how many polls I point them to. I guess a certain percentage people will forever believe what comes out of the TV rather than hard science. RP is viewed far more favorably by independents and Democrats than by any Republican I know.

It's getting very discouraging. I just can't believe that Gingrich is ten times more corrupt than Romney, people know it, and they still love him.

jkob
01-22-2012, 03:52 PM
We need to be running 'Serial Hypocrisy' anywhere Gingrich is competing

puppetmaster
01-22-2012, 04:07 PM
Time to run serial hypocrisy.

hypocrisy is too big a word for most voters in this country. I hope they remake this commercial and use simple words...

See Newt Run, See Newt lie, Lie Newt Lie......

No really these commercials need to tougher and more like the big dog commercial IMO
Really point out tough facts like support for TARP, global warming big gov....even more direct than serial hypocrisy

Paul or not at all
01-22-2012, 04:10 PM
I'm in Minnesota. I've been hammering about Gingrich since his first surge months ago on mainline conservatives. They know exactly what he is, but the problem is that they don't care. For whatever reason, he's viewed more favorably than Romney, despite his corruption. Ron Paul is forever seen as unelectable, no matter how many polls I point them to. I guess a certain percentage people will forever believe what comes out of the TV rather than hard science. RP is viewed far more favorably by independents and Democrats than by any Republican I know.

It's getting very discouraging. I just can't believe that Gingrich is ten times more corrupt than Romney, people know it, and they still love him.

Just a reminder we found Obama 47 Newt 45 this week...in Texas...tonight very good news for the Pres:

IterTemporis
01-22-2012, 04:23 PM

Tell them that the GOP cannot beat Obama without Ron Paul supporters. I had been trying with my father and I had pointed him to polls, wasn't working. Then I told him that Romney, or whoever the GOP nominee is, cannot beat Obama without RP supporters, because they will not vote for anyone else and they will write him in, and that some people believe that that is the reason McCain lost in '08. He said 'So it's 4 more years of Obama?'. I said 'Unless it's Paul v. Obama, then, yes, 4 more years.' That definitely got through to him.

hb6102
01-22-2012, 07:31 PM
So what's the harm in anyone in Bachmann's district asking her to consider making her endorsement.... appeal to her sense of getting re-elected?

bbartlog
01-22-2012, 07:38 PM
I would expect her to still be pissed off about how the primary campaign went down. Now I suppose we could use establishment tactics and say (or rather imply) 'endorse Ron or face a primary opponent backed by the liberty movement', but frankly I don't want an insincere endorsement, don't think she would give one anyway, and isn't going to give a sincere endorsement either. Just forget about it.

A. Havnes
01-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Is Serial Hypocracy running anywhere?

RonPaul101.com
01-25-2012, 10:22 AM
So what's the harm in anyone in Bachmann's district asking her to consider making her endorsement.... appeal to her sense of getting re-elected?

Exactly. She doesn't have to like Ron Paul to endorse him. Do you think all the other former candidates actually like who they endorse? I don't think things got so ugly that she couldn't endorse Paul.

Bachmann just needs to realize that she is better off in Congressional races with Paul supporters as allies, versus Paul supporters as opposition. Which other candidate has supporters that will decided to make or break a small MN CD-5 (or is it CD-6?) election out of spite, or to make a point? Mitt/Newt have voters, not supporters.

A. Havnes
01-25-2012, 10:38 AM
Exactly. She doesn't have to like Ron Paul to endorse him. Do you think all the other former candidates actually like who they endorse? I don't think things got so ugly that she couldn't endorse Paul.

Bachmann just needs to realize that she is better off in Congressional races with Paul supporters as allies, versus Paul supporters as opposition. Which other candidate has supporters that will decided to make or break a small MN CD-5 (or is it CD-6?) election out of spite, or to make a point? Mitt/Newt have voters, not supporters.

I just emailed state senator John Carlson and asked if he was endorsing anyone and to look at Ron Paul. He's a popular guy in my area and would have a lot of pull, I think.