PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Radio - Grassroots Gorilla Style - Take Back the Airwaves

wowrevolution
01-22-2012, 10:51 AM
One of the establishment's most undervalued assets is its Nationwide AM Radio Talkshow infrastructure. In the wrong hands, this is a priceless marketing tool for normalizing their perspective. It has been overrun with Imperialist NeoCons and sociopaths. Names like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Mark Levin, and several others. These sociopaths have placed a hypnotic spell on tens of millions of motorists. Driving home or to work, or even going to lunch. These poor people really have no other outlet to explore their curiosity in politics.

We must fight them for control of the airwaves. We live in the age of the Internet.

I am looking for volunteers. We will create or decide on a central website to act as an "output hub" and each of us will input into our AM Radio Transmitters in our local areas.

Phase 2 will be to market the radio network's existence.

Not only will we advertise every venue possible.

First, you need to get an AM Radio Transmitter with Input for your computer.
For your own safety, you may also wish to get an AM License to broadcast.

Both of these can be done cheaply on an individual level.

Decentralized Grid Radio Network that will begin under the same concept as programs like SETI@Home.

wowrevolution
01-22-2012, 10:55 AM
If you are connected with Ron Paul Radio or other such networks, its is in your interest to either lead or join this effort.

Assymetric Distribution of radio transmitter nodes.

Motorists can not surf the internet. It is these radio programs that launch their careers in TV, politics, books, etc. This is where we must strike the death blow.

Okie RP fan
01-22-2012, 10:57 AM
Everyone should be calling into their local radio stations daily and establishing good relationships with them.

Also, always have a cheat sheet with bulleted points before going on, if you need one.

wowrevolution
01-22-2012, 11:00 AM
I completely disagree with trying to make friendships within the establishment. The Gorilla Radio Network is the only answer. They will never give people who want to get rid of the Fed a fair hearing. This is all you will ever get from the MSM:

http://www.wirelesscowboys.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/lucy-football1.jpg

The goal of the grassroots must be as follow:

1. Acquire or build an AM Radio Transmitters
2. If necessary acquire a license to broadcast on a specific frequency.
3. Input your Transmitter through the web to the "Ron Paul Radio Network" or whatever.

Steps 1 & 2 can be done for under $200.

3. Advertise the station's existence. We can do this through cross referencing and plugging their existence whenever possible.

We must get our own GORILLA RADIO NETWORK. It is an essential requirement of any resistance movement.

wowrevolution
01-22-2012, 11:15 AM
This concept does not work just with AM Radios but if you own a CB Radio you could do this as well.

wowrevolution
01-22-2012, 11:27 AM
There is no reason for the airwaves to be owned outright by the NeoCons. We must take it back. Are we against Centralization or are we merely trying to replace one centralized economic system with another? We all give our money to this campaign, but what is more valuable? The most valuable asset that we need right now is media penetration. We can only achieve that with a grassroots nationwide gorilla radio effort.

We can utilize the web. You don't need to broadcast yourself. You don't have to be a radio DJ, and a transmitter, producer.

All you need to do is provide the transmitter and jack into the website. We need a decentralized asymmetric voluntarily distribution paradigm. Don't expect the Campaign to be able to buy out the "establishment media" they wouldn't sell it for a hundred billion dollars unless it was to one of their buddies. We need our own grassroots radio network.

THIS SHOULD BE YOUR RALLYING CRY.

IF IT IS NOT YOU ARE LAZY NOOBS WHO DO NOT WANT TO HELP GET PAUL ELECTED.

If you are part of the campaign or RevPAC or whoever you think you are, I am calling you out for not doing this.

In a system of centralized economic planning it would cost a fortune to set up transmitters & license them on a national basis, maintain the energy costs, etc. But working together, in an asymmetric voluntary fashion it becomes quite easy.

Once the infrastructure is established, we could even set aside a way of generating revenue and distributing that to transmitter sites but that must come later. We have to build from the ground up.

You have to reach the motorists.

DO YOU PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO LEAD A RESISTANCE MOVEMENT OR DON'T YOU?

Article V
01-22-2012, 11:37 AM
All you need to do is provide the transmitter and jack into the website. We need a decentralized asymmetric voluntarily distribution paradigm. Don't expect the Campaign to be able to buy out the "establishment media" they wouldn't sell it for a hundred billion dollars unless it was to one of their buddies. We need our own grassroots radio network.

THIS SHOULD BE YOUR RALLYING CRY.

IF IT IS NOT YOU ARE LAZY NOOBS WHO DO NOT WANT TO HELP GET PAUL ELECTED.

If you are part of the campaign or RevPAC or whoever you think you are, I am calling you out for not doing this.

In a system of centralized economic planning it would cost a fortune to set up transmitters & license them on a national basis, maintain the energy costs, etc. But working together, in an asymmetric voluntary fashion it becomes quite easy.

Once the infrastructure is established, we could even set aside a way of generating revenue and distributing that to transmitter sites but that must come later. We have to build from the ground up.

You have to reach the motorists.

DO YOU PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO LEAD A RESISTANCE MOVEMENT OR DON'T YOU?Tell us all the specific items we need. I'll start calling around to see if I can get us a bulk-rate discount for our grassroots purchases.

rb3b3
01-22-2012, 11:37 AM
i dont know how tom but im more then willing to help if i knew how to.... i totally agree with you 100% how can i help?

Article V
01-22-2012, 11:40 AM
I can also help organize the programming and on-air talent once we're certain we can get a working decentralized network up and running.

Tod
01-22-2012, 11:42 AM
Wow, I never heard of Ron Paul Radio, so I just googled it.

How come I never heard of it before? Why does no one talk about it?

hueylong
01-22-2012, 11:42 AM
How about spending that time talking to people and raising money for the campaign instead. The LAST THING the campaign needs is a bunch of grassroots radio stations with people saying crazy things on them. Lack of control in the message is one of the biggest problems the campaign has.

wowrevolution
01-22-2012, 11:43 AM
· · · — — — · · ·
· · · — — — · · ·
· · · — — — · · ·
· · · — — — · · ·
· · · — — — · · ·
· · · — — — · · ·

GUERRILLA RADIO STARTS WITH YOU!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0BzBFWt8V8

Do you want to condemn tens of millions of motorists to have no alternative to Hannity, Limbaugh, Levin, and those other frothing sociopaths? Well, do you?

Then you need to become part of what must become a nationwide grassroots guerrilla radio campaign to take back the airwaves. Help take back the AM Radio Spectrum from the NeoCon Imperalists!!

Simply purchase or build an AM Radio Transmitter if everyone had even something as simple as this:
http://www.radiosystems.com/iamradio/main.html
http://www.radiosystems.com/images/iamradiophoto.jpg
We would have full national coverage given our number of donors. Jack into revolution radio, or ron paul radio.

This is priority #1 people. We all need to get on this.

Cody1
01-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Guerrilla?

Article V
01-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Could we please learn that this is a guerilla radio effort and not a gorilla radio effort?

Again, that's guerilla not gorilla.

wowrevolution
01-22-2012, 11:48 AM
yeah yeah yeah, I am blaming auto-correct. damn you steve jobs!! damn you! If mod could correct the title would be super.

Tod
01-22-2012, 11:50 AM
After learning of Ron Paul Radio, I wondered if there is Ron Paul Television.....and there is something on Justin.tv, but it doesn't seem to be broadcasting. There is also another web page, but it looks like an ordinary web page with toobs.

LibertyEagle
01-22-2012, 11:50 AM
How many threads are you going to start about this? I've counted 3 thus far.

Article V
01-22-2012, 11:51 AM
Could you please stop starting new threads about the same topic? You are diminishing out ability to coordinate effectively and will lead to us unnecessarily duplicating work and thus wasting effort.

This is a brilliant idea. But we need to focus our efforts during the incubation phase.

Tod
01-22-2012, 11:51 AM
This concept does not work just with AM Radios but if you own a CB Radio you could do this as well.

Does anyone still use cb's?

LibertyEagle
01-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Duplicate threads: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?354354-Gorilla-Radio-Take-Back-the-Spectrum
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?354347-Ron-Paul-Supporters-I-am-calling-you-out-Signal-the-SOS!

Article V
01-22-2012, 11:55 AM
The LAST THING the campaign needs is a bunch of grassroots radio stations with people saying crazy things on them. Lack of control in the message is one of the biggest problems the campaign has.Of course you're right. That's why I am offering to help coordinate the talent and the programming so that we only have professionals on the air and people that will draw attention and listeners to our channel.

There's no reason that a decentralized radio network can't be run professionally by those with experience.

wowrevolution
01-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Am I fighting to replace one centralized economic planning infrastructure with another?

NO!

Okie RP fan
01-22-2012, 11:56 AM
I completely disagree with trying to make friendships within the establishment. The Gorilla Radio Network is the only answer. They will never give people who want to get rid of the Fed a fair hearing. This is all you will ever get from the MSM:

http://www.wirelesscowboys.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/lucy-football1.jpg

3. Input your Transmitter through the web to the "Ron Paul Radio Network" or whatever.

3. Advertise the station's existence. We can do this through cross referencing and plugging their existence whenever possible.

We must get our own GORILLA RADIO NETWORK. It is an essential requirement of any resistance movement.

I don't want to overtake your thread, but local radio stations can be effective. I'm not talking about the big wigs like Levin and Hannity. Locally is where we can get things done more consistently.

LibertyEagle
01-22-2012, 11:59 AM
Am I fighting to replace one centralized economic planning infrastructure with another?

NO!

Then, it will not be effective at winning over the mainstream Republican voters that we MUST win over to earn the Republican nomination.

The last thing we need is some misguided "supporter" getting on the airwaves falsely claiming that Ron Paul would legalize all drugs, etc.

Huey is right.

Originally Posted by hueylong
How about spending that time talking to people and raising money for the campaign instead. The LAST THING the campaign needs is a bunch of grassroots radio stations with people saying crazy things on them. Lack of control in the message is one of the biggest problems the campaign has.

pacelli
01-22-2012, 11:59 AM
I started my own legal micro-FM and have been streaming ron paul speeches, interviews, you name it.. during the day I have a set of liberty-themed pro-ron paul shows (like Mark & Don in the morning over at themicroeffect.com ). So the listener is always listening to something different, but focused on liberty.

wowrevolution
01-22-2012, 12:01 PM
Then, it will not be effective at winning over the mainstream Republican voters that we MUST win over to earn the Republican nomination.

The last thing we need is some misguided "supporter" getting on the airwaves falsely claiming that Ron Paul would legalize all drugs, etc.

What part of jacking into Ron Paul Radio are you missing out on here?

wowrevolution
01-22-2012, 12:02 PM
I would recommend adding Jerry Doyle & Mike Church to your lineup if possible.

LibertyEagle
01-22-2012, 12:03 PM
What part of jacking into Ron Paul Radio are you missing out on here?

I was here for the original ronpaulradio. It was great some of the time. The drunken late night on-air parties, not so much.

We are in the big leagues now. We have to play like professionals this time around.

Tod
01-22-2012, 12:05 PM
I don't want to overtake your thread, but local radio stations can be effective. I'm not talking about the big wigs like Levin and Hannity. Locally is where we can get things done more consistently.

Are there any "local" radio stations? The university here has a station of sorts, but ALL of the non-educational or public stations around here are owned by Clear Channel. The last independent station here was bought out by Clear Channel about 15-20 years ago.

wowrevolution
01-22-2012, 12:07 PM
I was here for the original ronpaulradio. It was great some of the time. The drunken late night on-air parties, not so much.

We are in the big leagues now. We have to play like professionals this time around.

That is the same logic the people who say the Constitution is outdated use. If we're going to get back to first principles, then we need to get back to first principles. The Big Boys sink you down to their level then win by experience. We shouldn't play their game. It will not give us the win. You play in their system, you play by their rules, you get blacked out.

Your strategy is failing. Time to take matters into our hands. Produce the content. We'll make sure you get nationwide coverage. We're building infrastructure. Your internet based strategy isn't reaching the masses. We need to reach people in their cars and break the NeoCon Radio Spell.

And don't try to play veteran Ron Paul supporter with me, I'm from Texas. I've been supporting Ron Paul since the 80s, born & raised in Houston, moved to Louisville, supported Rand, and campaigning now in Nevada.

bbwarfield
01-22-2012, 12:12 PM
I suggest getting people in states that have voted.... That way we do not harm the campaigns efforts but keep the base active. It is important to NOT undermine the campaign.

I'm in South Carolina and am planning on doing this as well.... we have a group here working on using our public access television channel as well to produce some shows and get them on youtube

LibertyEagle
01-22-2012, 12:17 PM
That is the same logic the people who say the Constitution is outdated use. If we're going to get back to first principles, then we need to get back to first principles. The Big Boys sink you down to their level then win by experience. We shouldn't play their game. It will not give us the win. You play in their system, you play by their rules, you get blacked out.

Your strategy is failing. Time to take matters into our hands. Produce the content. We'll make sure you get nationwide coverage. We're building infrastructure. Your internet based strategy isn't reaching the masses. We need to reach people in their cars and break the NeoCon Radio Spell.

And don't try to play veteran Ron Paul supporter with me, I'm from Texas. I've been supporting Ron Paul since the 80s, born & raised in Houston, moved to Louisville, supported Rand, and campaigning now in Nevada.

The strategy that the campaign is using is not failing. We are still very much in the game. What we don't need are supporters going off half-cocked acting like jackasses and spreading half-truths about what Ron Paul would do as President.

Supporters can be both the best thing that happened and the worst.

wowrevolution
01-22-2012, 12:21 PM
YouTube isn't winning the election. There are several tens of millions of people who listen on the AM radio while driving in their cars, go home, and don't bother with the internet because they are old people. They get their politics from TV & Radio because the internet is too confusing for them. These are the swing voters that MSM is playing like a fiddle. If we can't reach them then we are toast. We've already saturated the YouTube market. We need to penetrate where we are weakest and that is with the Radio / TV crowd.

Otherwise, the Establishment will bring down their Air Force on each State with their counterfeit money machine.

Work the local broadcasters fine, but we also need to push out these AM Talk Show Hosts and put a Check on them as well.

These people who can be easily swayed by Santorum getting some Church endorsement or from some one-line Zinger from Gingrich. We have to wake them up. We can't do that through hi-tech avenues like YouTube because these people aren't hi-tech. And yes, calling YouTube Hi-Tech may sound funny to us and to most, but to that 50+ crowd the keyboard & mouse are to far too many mysterious and confusing objects.

r3volution
01-22-2012, 12:25 PM
maybe you can refresh my memory liberty because i dont have time to search the archives right now but wasn't RPR around in 07 , headed by djloiti and pimped by germinger (spelling on names may be wrong) . collected a bunch of money and then diapered ?

some1 please correct me if im worng . its been a while and after all , im a pot smoking paul supporter .

wowrevolution
01-22-2012, 12:26 PM
No one here however is requesting people "get on the microphone" most people do not want to be on the microphone because they shy away from attention. What we are trying to promote here is providing the Transmission Infrastructure for jacking into the Campaign and providing nationwide radio coverage and saturation.

You may take this idea, and do what you will with it, however, failure to utilize this shows a failure in the campaign's strategy. Is this campaign trying to win? Or is it not? This campaign can not win as long as it allows NeoCons carte blanch unfettered uncontested domination of tens of millions of motorists.

This is the ONLY way to fight it. There is no other. The Federal Reservists will never cede control of ITS infrastructure to the Paul campaign when the Paul campaigns stated goal is to End the Fed. It will never happen. Lucy & Charlie Brown scenario is all you will achieve. Keep appealing to local broadcasters, that is fine, but we need more.

MelissaWV
01-22-2012, 12:28 PM
As someone who was involved with Ron Paul Radio for the short time during which it worked, I have to agree with LE to a certain extent.

There were some brilliant moments, but those are few and far between and very difficult to come up with. There were very long stretches of music because "the talent" was volunteer only, and could not be bothered to show up very often. At night it was DjLoTi and ubi with club music, drinking, and conspiracy theories. Coast to Coast was often rebroadcast, though I'm not sure that it would be wise in the current age of PIPA/SOPA to do anything like that with Ron's name on it.

If I had it to do all over again, I would get a running start. Being that the campaign is in full swing and several states have already voted, I'm not sure how much of a head start you could have.

The main thing is to get people who will ACTUALLY be there and have no problem putting in the work. The other main thing is to have someone centrally who knows what they are doing and can patch in and play these segments. There was too much "live radio" on Ron Paul Radio, which often meant dead air, or music, or mics that were too quiet. Most segments could be recorded ahead of time, the same with promos and the like.

Programming needs to have the following if you're going to be on 24-7:

Music (there are plenty of liberty-friendly artists now, so this is not the problem it once was)
News (very simple; there is even a "news of the day" post on here which could very easily be incorporated) - Which is one of the few segments that would need to be live or semi-live.
Promotions/Commercials - You need a variety of these, recorded by the "personalities" themselves, or submitted by people who want the audience to hear about their products. Most of these are going to be solicitations for donations, but there are people on the forums now selling shirts, books, computer-building, and a million other things.
REVENUE STREAM - Ron Paul Radio devolved because of money. A group split off and took the domain with them, and then that group later split again. The originator of RPR ran off at one point and no one could get hold of him. The same few people were funding the thing the whole time, and it seems that a good deal of the money vanished during all the splitting and re-splitting. If you don't want every other commercial to be a "Save Ron Paul Radio" ad, then you need some money up front, and a good Chip-In methodology for keeping it funded.
Pre-recorded events - There were always reruns. Before ghemmy was a byword for "crazy bastard," he was there early at the Tonight Show when it recorded in the afternoon, feeding us audio. RPR got to hear that show before anyone else. There were people at Super Tuesday. There were people out and about with real voters in real states. There were Free Staters. There were interviews with (to us) famous authors. There were segments with the ladies from the Ron Paul Calendar. These can all be pre-recorded and fed into the broadcast. As a bonus, prerecording allows for a more streamlined and professional broadcast.

If you can get all of that going in such a short space of time, get it over AM stations, and avoid all the diva infighting that develops, kudos to you.

wowrevolution
01-22-2012, 12:33 PM
1. We convince Jerry Doyle & Mike Church to contribute.

2. You find someone that has endorsed Ron Paul's campaign to contribute, you use them.

3. You have campaign people replay and narrate Ron Paul historically.

4. You need to have entertainment aspect.

5. You need to not be shy about letting the grassroots speech.

6. Trying to keep the pro-marijuana crowd "quiet" ? -- WRONG APPROACH

7. Trying to keep the Anti-Fed Anti-Establishment "tamed" ? -- WRONG APPROACH

8. Don't sideline the John Birch & Goldwater folks.

9. Don't sideline your JFK Conspiracy people.

10. Have a Conspiracy Hour. --- EMBRACE IT -- DON'T RUN FROM IT

You are not going to "wake up" people by being "calm" you have to fire them up with truth and righteous indignation. In all likelihood that is how every Ron Paul supporter became a Ron Paul supporter. BY GETTING MAD. Do you honestly believe it will work differently for others? You have to shake these people to their core. Activate their "third eye" realize the maddening vertigo of truth. Do not try to sugar coat. Be loud, be proud, be the angry Resistance that you claim to be. Light Brushfires in the minds of the people.

Getting on that microphone and acting like you're some tame high school production is THE WORST THING YOU CAN POSSIBLY DO

MelissaWV
01-22-2012, 12:36 PM
So your idea is a self-congratulatory grouping of "liberty" people talking about themselves, or having others talk about them, 24/7 except when they are talking about pot and conspiracies.

Alex Jones already has a show.

LibertyEagle
01-22-2012, 12:38 PM

2. You find someone that has endorsed Ron Paul's campaign to contribute, you use them.

You are not going to "wake up" people by being "calm" you have to fire them up with truth and righteous indignation. In all likelihood that is how every Ron Paul supporter became a Ron Paul supporter. BY GETTING MAD. Do you honestly believe it will work differently for others? You have to shake these people to their core. Activate their "third eye" realize the maddening vertigo of truth. Do not try to sugar coat. Be loud, be proud, be the angry Resistance that you claim to be. Light Brushfires in the minds of the people.

Getting on that microphone and acting like you're some tame high school production is THE WORST THING YOU CAN POSSIBLY DO

Then, dude, do whatever you want but, DO NOT AFFILIATE IT WITH RON PAUL!!!

wowrevolution
01-22-2012, 12:44 PM
As someone who was involved with Ron Paul Radio for the short time during which it worked, I have to agree with LE to a certain extent.

There were some brilliant moments, but those are few and far between and very difficult to come up with. There were very long stretches of music because "the talent" was volunteer only, and could not be bothered to show up very often. At night it was DjLoTi and ubi with club music, drinking, and conspiracy theories. Coast to Coast was often rebroadcast, though I'm not sure that it would be wise in the current age of PIPA/SOPA to do anything like that with Ron's name on it.

If I had it to do all over again, I would get a running start. Being that the campaign is in full swing and several states have already voted, I'm not sure how much of a head start you could have.

The main thing is to get people who will ACTUALLY be there and have no problem putting in the work. The other main thing is to have someone centrally who knows what they are doing and can patch in and play these segments. There was too much "live radio" on Ron Paul Radio, which often meant dead air, or music, or mics that were too quiet. Most segments could be recorded ahead of time, the same with promos and the like.

Programming needs to have the following if you're going to be on 24-7:

Music (there are plenty of liberty-friendly artists now, so this is not the problem it once was)
News (very simple; there is even a "news of the day" post on here which could very easily be incorporated) - Which is one of the few segments that would need to be live or semi-live.
Promotions/Commercials - You need a variety of these, recorded by the "personalities" themselves, or submitted by people who want the audience to hear about their products. Most of these are going to be solicitations for donations, but there are people on the forums now selling shirts, books, computer-building, and a million other things.
REVENUE STREAM - Ron Paul Radio devolved because of money. A group split off and took the domain with them, and then that group later split again. The originator of RPR ran off at one point and no one could get hold of him. The same few people were funding the thing the whole time, and it seems that a good deal of the money vanished during all the splitting and re-splitting. If you don't want every other commercial to be a "Save Ron Paul Radio" ad, then you need some money up front, and a good Chip-In methodology for keeping it funded.
Pre-recorded events - There were always reruns. Before ghemmy was a byword for "crazy bastard," he was there early at the Tonight Show when it recorded in the afternoon, feeding us audio. RPR got to hear that show before anyone else. There were people at Super Tuesday. There were people out and about with real voters in real states. There were Free Staters. There were interviews with (to us) famous authors. There were segments with the ladies from the Ron Paul Calendar. These can all be pre-recorded and fed into the broadcast. As a bonus, prerecording allows for a more streamlined and professional broadcast.

If you can get all of that going in such a short space of time, get it over AM stations, and avoid all the diva infighting that develops, kudos to you.

This is the problem. You are trying to run a 20th Century model radio station. We do not need to "book guests" to fly in and "take the microphone"

Just use the internet for Christ's sake. You want to have a guest come on the show? Great! Use Skype. All you have to do is Advertise that you have NATION WIDE COVERAGE for them to market their voice and opinion.

IF YOU BUILD IT - THEY WILL COME.

Give the microphone over to Liberty politicians. Have Rand Paul, Ron Paul, Tom Davis, and other Ron Paul Republicans have a weekly show. Let the guests run the show. We do not need a talk show host. Just run it through the website. All you need is a website server. THAT IS ALL.

Let the website stream. Don't worry about transmission. Just worry about informing people how they can transmit for you. If you want to build a nationwide radio infrastructure by yourself you will never be able to. It will cost millions upon millions of dollars. So don't try. Just ask for volunteer transmitters to jack in.

Campaign needs to worry about Content
Advertising the Network
The Grassroots needs to worry about providing the transmission infrastructure.

I have been a webmaster my entire life. You give me the transmitters and I can automate the entire process. You people are not thinking on Survivalist terms, you are thinking on High School Radio terms or College Radio terms.

This is definitely not a Guerrilla Radio Network. A guerrilla radio network could have a perpetual radio station going on shoestring budget.

You can not approach this with an eye towards centralized planning and trying to rebuild the network. You have to decentralize. Period. Centralized Planning will only result in the US Central Bank of Ron Paul. THAT IS NOT WHAT RON PAUL IS ABOUT - and you campaign elitists need to realize this or you will devolve just as America is devolving today.

wowrevolution
01-22-2012, 12:45 PM
So your idea is a self-congratulatory grouping of "liberty" people talking about themselves, or having others talk about them, 24/7 except when they are talking about pot and conspiracies.

Alex Jones already has a show.

No, my idea is not letting the NeoCons define the airwaves.

wowrevolution
01-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Now listen up. I've got a transmitter capable of providing a coverage area of a 20 mile radius that can cover about a million homes and plenty of motorists.

What I need from the campaign is 24/7 content. And none of this bullcrap that could be produced by some high school student from the AV department. I want quality material because you damn well believe that I am going to be filling the empty space with all kinds of music like Rage Against the Machine, Linkin Park, etc because I am in no way interested in profit revenues or generating money from this endeavor.

Now, lets consider, in 2007 I founded a half dozen Warcraft guilds with names like <Vote Ron Paul> and <Ron Paul Revolution> and provided name recognition to Ron Paul to millions of players over the span of years. Not just a one day event like the RP Revolution that occurred on Whisperwind. I did it every day. I had THOUSANDS of people running around Warcraft with a Ron Paul guild tag. I've had hundreds of people running around with Ron Paul gamer tribe tags in numerous FPS games as guild leader, tribe leader, etc etc.

Now. Lets see, I have a job, a degree, hell, I could run for Congress myself and win, and I can get a nationwide grassroots movement going as well. However, what you fail to realize is that I am a Ron Paul Baby and I will absolutely nothing to hurt this campaign.

I have a degree in Physics, Computer Science, minors in Political Science, History. Attended Purdue University. I've professionally designed hundreds of websites and I have hundreds of people & friends that will work for me for free. I am methodical. I am systematic. I am careful, considerate.

Now, lets talk.

THIS IS WHAT I NEED FROM RON PAUL RADIO:

I need a stylish website that will broadcast quality 24/7 infotainment.
I need that same website to provide details on what people can do to add their own transmitters to the network.
How to get a transmitter.
How to license a radio program.
A section for "special access" where if it is found a particular transmission node doesn't operate in a positive way then its "subscription" can be cut off.

IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE IT, I WILL MAKE IT MYSELF -=and it will be professionally done=-

Now, either the campaign provides the content of the broadcast or I will produce the program myself. (and in all honesty, it will probably be better) however, I recognize that this nationwide campaign belongs to Campaign and not to me, I consider myself to be nothing more than a transmission node to help the same man I have been helping since 1986 when I was just a kid and my father was campaigning for him in the Houston area.

So, do not give me your shit. I'm more of a veteran than practically anyone here. Do not believe for one second that a forum admin or anyone can intimidate me. I have been a forum creator admin of forums much larger than this one and have my own license to use VBulletins and such as well.

In conclusion, get me some damn content. Ron Paul Radio won't do it, then I will do it myself. I have no qualms about going Prime Time.

I operated a WinAmp ShoutCAST server to broadcast tv shows to hundreds of thousands in an adult swim format.

Give me a program to broadcast. None of this High School production bullcrap. We need our own Radio Network. It doesn't have to be a campaign commercial, it just needs to work along a paradigm that the Federal Reserve system is obsolete, irrelevant, it needs a pro-peace / prosperity slant, and an anti-NeoCon message. We need to saturate the audience and normalize Paul support so it can not be dismissed as fringe.

I want Limbaugh ratings down to 0 and the Campaign for Liberty to have 100 of the market. I'll broadcast your message, just get something going.

AND FAST - I'm calling you out Paul campaign. Stop bullshitting, take your endorsements - give me a web-based radio program that we can get the whole grassroots transmitting with 100% nationwide geographic coverage.

Promote the RonPaulRadio@Home program. It will cost you absolutely nothing if you rely on volunteer contributions.

JimInNY
01-22-2012, 01:45 PM

Can one really build AND license an AM transmitter for $200?

Please elaborate.

JimInNY
01-22-2012, 01:50 PM
give me a web-based radio program that we can get the whole grassroots transmitting with 100% nationwide geographic coverage.

Promote the RonPaulRadio@Home program. It will cost you absolutely nothing if you rely on volunteer contributions.

Oracle Broadcasting has some great talk show hosts that fully support Ron Paul. I'm pretty sure that all of their shows are available for syndication, for free, with the network taking certain blocks of time for their own commercials.

Two I like best are Mike Chambers Live and Become Vocal Local with William Roberts. Listening to Mr. Roberts is like listening to your favorite history professor. :)

goldpants
01-22-2012, 01:52 PM
I like the idea of having a liberty radio network for the am dial. But, I think the most effective radio endeavours would be two fold. The first one being a nationwide liberty radio network in which shows like Jerry Doyle and like minded small govt., fiscal conservative voices can be broadcast to genuinely compete with the likes of Rush, Hannity, etc. Obviously that is a costly and time consuming project but one that may be enormously beneficial to us and profitable for the wealthy folks that could put together such a network. This may a great place for an existing or soon to be created group of people involved in the super PACs. The second endeavour into the radio world should be put together by the campaign or local grassroots of state with contests taking place within 60 days or even as little as 30 days contests. Buyout am signals in major cities and broadcast speeches by Ron, create interviews with local and national Ron Paul supporters, have a call in show hosted by someone with local political acumen to keep talking points centered around the message the campaign wants to hit home on. These short term radio channels can pop and disappear into the night once the primary/caucus for the state have taken place, therefore keeping costs minimal. Pass along the national interviews and existing speeches etc. To the next states and repeat same process.

wowrevolution
01-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Great, so all we really need is a single website where all of these Liberty friendly talkshow hosts can be organized onto a single programming schedule and then broadcast nationally through the RonPaulRadio@Home program.

I have a subscription to Jerry Doyle's website because he isn't covered on any of the local radio stations here. We need to put them in direct competition with Rush Limbaugh, Hannity, and Levin on the AM dial. We need people turning their dial away from them and towards our guys. That should be the goal of RonPaulRadio@Home.

wowrevolution
01-22-2012, 02:02 PM
Can one really build AND license an AM transmitter for $200?

Please elaborate.

It just depends on how big you are willing to go with it. If your plan is to build it, you can likely salvage many of the parts from things you might have in your garage. You may even be able to find a crazy uncle, or family member or relative willing to lend you some of the components that they may have in an attic somewhere. But it also depends on the range you want to cover. Some AM Transmitters can cover a small range and require no broadcast license whatsoever. The transmitter itself is actually pretty cheap and are often built as part of elementary science school projects across the country. Those might get you a mile or two. But we want a little more juice than that, or you can just make a lot of little ones.

Either way is fine with me. I like the RonPaulRadio@Home concept because it can work on the same concept that made distributed computing so powerful.

SETI@Home & other BOINC projects rely on distributed computing.

RonPaulRadio@Home can operate based on distributed transmitters and organized through a central web hub.

Imagine if every Ron Paul supporter had something like this:
http://www.iamradio.net/

Thing costs $99 and the upgraded version is $200. I bet we could get that down a lot, I'm sure we could find better cheaper competitor deals. We could reach a lot of people, but our main goal should be building up a RonPaulRadio@Home project.

KingRobbStark
01-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Wow, I never heard of Ron Paul Radio, so I just googled it.

How come I never heard of it before? Why does no one talk about it?

Because we're busy listening to it. :p

rideurlightning
01-22-2012, 02:09 PM
I'd be willing to donate towards this cause. We need to take our first steps in taking back the media.

wowrevolution
01-22-2012, 02:18 PM
So, in conclusion, I need a WinAmp Shoutcast Broadcast provided by the campaign that has a rotating schedule of shows from all of the Pro-Ron Paul radio hosts to compete on the AM dial via a RonPaulRadio@Home program and to see the campaign openly endorsing this RonPaulRadio@Home program and getting everyone to advertise its existence and to even sneak in plug-ins when calling to these other radio hosts show.

I'm giving the campaign 1 week to put together a WinAmp Shoutcast program or equivalent with calls for a RonPaulRadio@Home distributed transmission network, because in 2 weeks, I will be all over it.

wowrevolution
01-22-2012, 02:22 PM
Okay, so a WinAmp Shoutcast server -- we can create the website and the supporters can use up the server ports. A simple server capable of accepting about 10000 listeners. However, each "listener" will be a computer attached to an AM Transmitter and grassroots member.

This RonPaulRadio@Home WinAmp shoutcast would cost no more than $40/mo.
I could easily pay for this myself and would accept it the cost without any return.

Shoutcast Servers capable of doing this can be found here:
http://www.shouthostdirect.com/shoutcast

YOU WANT RON PAUL TO BE PRESIDENT? 2012 IS YOUR LAST CHANCE! Support RonPaulRadio@Home

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TADyXC2K0g

Barrex
01-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Interesting idea. Me and my friends made radio station. It is not that hard at all...or expensive.

Tod
01-22-2012, 03:30 PM
How about if it offered discussion and content about becoming politically active? Discuss what you should know to become a delegate, what you should know to be a a Senator or Congressman ....in depth information, not just "you need to know RRoO."and but what ARE they, etc.

JimInNY
01-22-2012, 03:30 PM
Okay, so a WinAmp Shoutcast server -- we can create the website and the supporters can use up the server ports. A simple server capable of accepting about 10000 listeners. However, each "listener" will be a computer attached to an AM Transmitter and grassroots member.

This RonPaulRadio@Home WinAmp shoutcast would cost no more than $40/mo.
I could easily pay for this myself and would accept it the cost without any return.

Shoutcast Servers capable of doing this can be found here:
http://www.shouthostdirect.com/shoutcast

YOU WANT RON PAUL TO BE PRESIDENT? 2012 IS YOUR LAST CHANCE! Support RonPaulRadio@Home

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TADyXC2K0g

I have a pretty good dedicated server with a relatively low load currently. I can donate hosting for this as long as the bandwidth costs don't become prohibitive.

I think I get 2tb a month bw included.

MichaelD
01-22-2012, 03:39 PM
I have bee trying to figure out how to do something along these lines. If we could get some good content I would be willing to start up an FM radio station here in my market.

If we can get 500,000k plus listeners there is a good chance we could break into XM radio.

HankXavier
01-22-2012, 03:59 PM
Greetings,

My name is Hank Xavier, my friends call me Hx. I am the Assistant General Manager at the newest iteration of ronpaulradio.com. First of all, previous operators of ronpaulradio.com are no longer involved with the management of this project. I wanted to let you guys know that we are already well underway with many of the ideas you have enumerated in this thread. We are working on a full schedule of live hosts, some names you may know like John jay Myers, most you don't. We are 100% committed to creating media which supports the Ron Paul platform of peace, liberty, and prosperity. We are NOT a conspiracy network and will NOT become one. So no 911 truth, no Illuminati, no New World Order, no lizards, no aliens and no elder zions. Period. Our hosts are bound by agreement to stick to the subject matter that has been endorsed by Paul and the Paul campaign and those topics which are relative to those positions. We are rock solid on this decision and there is no debating it. If this is not something you like or support you will unfortunately have to go elsewhere for your ron paul related audio. Further, any host found to be broadcasting on such topics will be pulled immediately. I won't wait until the end of your show. Your mic will be cut. We are also PG-13 rated. Which means no cursing. A slip up is understandable, but repeated violations will get the show pulled.

So far we have live hosts scheduled from about 9am to midnight mon-fri and have many weekend programs scheduled as well. There is still room, so if you would like to broadcast for Dr.Paul than get with me. All you need for a basic broadcast is a microphone, a good connection, and skype. We have a toll-free number as well and we handle routing callers on our end. All you have to do is accept the callers via the interface we provide on the website. We also take care of your archives. The system will automatically record your show, and upload it to the site to be available for podcast downloads. The only thing hosts need to do is handle routing the audio for clips and sound effects and what have you, any audio you want to broadcast that is NOT your microphone. You will probably need a small mixing board for that which we do not provide. We can help guide you through that process. While the network is mostly TALK format, focusing on campaign news, liberty issues, etc., we will also be featuring music. Generally this will be at the hosts discretion, but on Saturday nights we are developing a show called "Saturday Night Freedom Fight" which is a music program featuring R3VOLution friendly indie artists. So we are taking submissions.

Finally, we are running the project as a non-profit but will not be seeking 501c3 status with the government. Both the General Manager, Corey Moore, as well as myself have a lot of personal equipment tied up in the project and we are not interested in all the drama associated with asset divisions with a board of directors on a 501c3 organization. That said, the funding model at this point is donations based with a mind for future development into ad sales on air and on site. We will also be working on a revenue sharing model in the future for hosts and contributors. However, while we intend to stay privately owned and operated, we are committed to transparency in terms of where donation funds are going, how they are being allocated, what we plan on spending the money on, etc. Donors will have access to a special tracking information page on the web site which will show where every donated dollar has been spent. Most funds will be reinvested into growing the project and covering production expenses, but we may also use some at some point in direct support of other RP projects if we are sitting on funds that could be sent on for more positive development.

Finally, a word about myself and Corey. We are both Ron Paul supporters since 2007 when we operated one of the largest pro-RP groups online at Myspace with almost 20k member profiles and hundreds of daily posters. I have been into online radio since 2005, Corey since 2008, in both a radio hosting and management capacity. So this is not our first rodeo. We are both Christian small L libertarians. Corey is a college student studying Electronic Media Production and a (super awesome) web developer, libertarian activist and media entrepreneur. I am a recent larynx cancer survivor in recovery, full time liberty activist and business entrepreneur. Openly gay and married to the same wonderful guy since dirt was invented. Both out of Ohio. Corey is up in Kent, I'm down in Dayton. We have been working together for about 5 years and have managed a number of web based media projects.

If you have any questions for either of us, please feel free. Corey is watching the thread as well so if you want to ask him something he'll respond.

Thanks!

HankXavier
01-22-2012, 04:18 PM
THIS IS WHAT I NEED FROM RON PAUL RADIO:

I need a stylish website that will broadcast quality 24/7 infotainment.
I need that same website to provide details on what people can do to add their own transmitters to the network.
How to get a transmitter.
How to license a radio program.
A section for "special access" where if it is found a particular transmission node doesn't operate in a positive way then its "subscription" can be cut off.

We are doing most of this right now. We launch the week of Jan30th. Thanks for the "How To" suggestions, we will add those to our development list.

wowrevolution
01-22-2012, 04:28 PM
Thanks Hank. What I am looking for is a 7-day rotating schedule of programming.

This program might include:
"Money Talk" Show
"Science Talk" Show
"Technology Talk" Show

Breaks would consist of Ron Paul Campaign Ads or Ron Paul Republican campaign ads that are running for Congress or other political offices.
The Website **MUST** include a segment to educate people on becoming Licensed Broadcasters. Links to Transmitters that they can buy and links to the Licensing Tests that they will need.

We could feature hosts such as Jerry Doyle, Mike Church, and others already mentioned in this thread.

The "application" process will verify that the person is licensed and give them access to the ShoutCast stream so that they could patch in their transmitter. The application would include license ID, coverage area, other details.

There should be a "members" section. A map that shows graphically coverage area and where its needed. A call for volunteers in non-covered areas.

There would be a section to the site advocating that transmitters also produce automobile bumper stickers for their frequency in order to promote it in their area and marketing strategies such as billboards etc.

Our main goal must be to reach the motorists who have avenue for political commentary except for the standard talking heads crowd. We need to stop trying to build a centralized radio network and concentrate on schedule & content. We need wide ranging infotainment that pulls in all subjects of interest within a Liberty Paradigm of Thought and covers a wide range of interests. Financial, Science, Technology, Foreign Policy, Music, even Sports. Sports Commentators that will speak well of Ron Paul.

To fill this medium we can use all those media people who have been disenfranchised for their support for Ending the Fed. We need full spectrum coverage of the topics that will give people a well liked, well rounded, radio network.

If you guys can put together the program schedule and broadcast it through the web and work on promoting Radio@Home concepts then we might be able to take over the AM radio dial, and heck, even the FM dial as well.

MelissaWV
01-22-2012, 04:37 PM
I guess the domain finally came free after the previous owner... well... you know.

HankXavier
01-22-2012, 04:48 PM
Most of this is being handled and will become available the week of Jan.30th unless we have some major set-back of some sort. The stream will be under creative commons license. We won't be featuring so much syndicated content as we will have our own live hosts (for the most part). We will have a page on the site that explains the technical details about patching in our shoutcast stream for people who want to put up transmitters but will not require applications to do so. Our content is free to play or rebroadcast by anyone, anywhere, anytime.

Putting up some tracking to show where we have coverage and where we don't is a FANTASTIC suggestion. We will add it to the development list. Promotional materials per transmitter is also a good idea. I think I can say at this point that we would organize the "store" where people can get them on the site, but cannot cover the cost to produce the materials unless we really start getting a really good donations stream. So transmitters would need to cover cost to produce bumper stickers up front at this point.

refuge
01-22-2012, 04:53 PM
I'm not sure if this has been said or not, but you can legally broadcast AM over the radio unlicensed, as long as you're broadcasting under a certain amount of wattage, people refer to it as the "Part 15 Rule." There are some Part-15 compliant transmitters that can broadcast AM for sever miles (depending on the geography of where you live), but it's expensive.

Check out these two links for more info:
http://www.hobbybroadcaster.net/resource_directory.html
http://part15.us/

I could totally see the grassroots buying these transmitters, and having someone broadcast the station every two miles. Sadly I cannot afford one.

HankXavier
01-22-2012, 04:53 PM
I guess the domain finally came free after the previous owner... well... you know.

Hi Melissa! I noticed you mentioned you were part of the project in 08. Nice to meet you. Actually the domain wasn't free to buy again. It had been purchased by a domain squatter (we think) and we had to put up a nice little chunk of money to buy it back for the movement. But we've got it now and will make sure it doesn't get squatted again.

Liberty4life
01-22-2012, 04:56 PM
Lets start up some chat rooms and web town halls hosted by our own up and comers.
Get the communities involved, a centralized web resource will be required.

pacelli
01-22-2012, 05:05 PM
I would recommend adding Jerry Doyle & Mike Church to your lineup if possible.

Thank you, will do.

pacelli
01-22-2012, 05:16 PM
Ok, as far as the newest iteration of Ron Paul Radio. I would like to see a firm 2nd amendment program. Early morning works well as I am already re-broadcasting The Intelligence Report w/ Mark Koernke & Don Boetcher on themicroeffect.com. They are firm 2nd amendment, plus it gives you 2 hours every morning (or evening) during the week. Mark has repeatedly said, "Ron Paul for President!".

I'm sure there would be no problem re-broadcasting them... they were actually a part of ron paul radio's competitor (RP Revolution Radio) during 07-08. Very popular program.

wowrevolution
01-22-2012, 05:17 PM
Oracle Broadcasting has some great talk show hosts that fully support Ron Paul. I'm pretty sure that all of their shows are available for syndication, for free, with the network taking certain blocks of time for their own commercials.

Two I like best are Mike Chambers Live and Become Vocal Local with William Roberts. Listening to Mr. Roberts is like listening to your favorite history professor. :)

Also, we should check into these guys as well. I'd also try to contact Jerry Doyle and Mike Church to see what kind of logistic you're going for. If this is truly "non-profit" then they should have no problems using whatever infrastructure we create to reach a larger audience.

If you build it, they will come.
We should have a "Science Hour" host - perhaps that McCanney guy, who knows.
A "Foreign Policy" host.
A "Book Talk" round table.
We could find volunteer hosts for each issue of the Bill of Rights.
A "Second Amendment Show"
A "First Amendment Show"
etc etc etc
Heck, I'd be more than happy to do the Science & Space Hour.
Get Tom Woods to have his own show. Ask members of the John Birch Society if they could get on board. There are plenty of folk out there. Play Ron Paul live when he gives his weekly address. See if Rand will do his own weekly address. Benton. Find people and get them on the air.

The people need to hear that the Libertarian Message is the best path for advancing the cause of science, technology, and advancing towards the Type I Civilization. We're not going to endear confidence by harping solely on foreign policy and criticisms of the establishment. We have to push free market capitalism systems and it needs to be running 24/7 across the spectrum in high dense population areas where we can market the broadcast frequencies. The most important aspect however is that it runs 24/7, otherwise, you get a guy searching the dial, it doesn't pop up, he'll just get all cozy and comfortable with some bullcrap channel with Hannity & Limbaugh or Levin, or whoever. We have to "be there" when they are searching for us. It can't just be some 1 hour a day thing.

These are motorists. You have to get them while they're driving to and from work, to and from church, to and from lunch, to & from grandmas house. You get the idea. They could search the dial at any time, any day, and we have to be there to receive them. We'll need a constant stream of Ron Paul advertisements, hell, stream CSPAN if you have to, just make sure that something is there being played at all times.

HankXavier
01-22-2012, 05:39 PM
Ok, as far as the newest iteration of Ron Paul Radio. I would like to see a firm 2nd amendment program. Early morning works well as I am already re-broadcasting The Intelligence Report w/ Mark Koernke & Don Boetcher on themicroeffect.com. They are firm 2nd amendment, plus it gives you 2 hours every morning (or evening) during the week. Mark has repeatedly said, "Ron Paul for President!".

I'm sure there would be no problem re-broadcasting them... they were actually a part of ron paul radio's competitor (RP Revolution Radio) during 07-08. Very popular program.

We will have a schedule available for the public and rebroadcasters very soon. As of right now our first live broadcast is scheduled @ 10am EST Mon-Fri. On Saturday morning we have live content starting @9am. We are adding shows all the time however and I can probably say that ALL of our broadcasters are strong 2nd Amendment people.

wowrevolution
01-22-2012, 06:00 PM
24hrs / day
7 days / week
That means we have to have 168 hours of programming on the list. I can make this into a table in Excel. We just need to fill in all 168 hours with programming and we will be in business.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2594/radioschedule.jpg

pacelli
01-22-2012, 06:09 PM
We will have a schedule available for the public and rebroadcasters very soon. As of right now our first live broadcast is scheduled @ 10am EST Mon-Fri. On Saturday morning we have live content starting @9am. We are adding shows all the time however and I can probably say that ALL of our broadcasters are strong 2nd Amendment people.

Appreciate it. I've sent Mark an email alerting him to this thread, just FYI.

wowrevolution
01-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Appreciate it. I've sent Mark an email alerting him to this thread, just FYI.

When they do get this thing active it needs to be a Sticky on the top of the forum. It needs to be stickied on dailypaul, it needs to be on ronpaul2012.com it needs to be spammed on reddit, drudge, digg, we need to have callers call in to every radio program in the "mainstream" and plug it everywhere. Heck, Dr. Paul will need to provide a shout out during the debates. etc etc, you get the idea.

Intoxiklown
01-22-2012, 06:56 PM
Greetings,

My name is Hank Xavier, my friends call me Hx. I am the Assistant General Manager at the newest iteration of ronpaulradio.com. First of all, previous operators of ronpaulradio.com are no longer involved with the management of this project. I wanted to let you guys know that we are already well underway with many of the ideas you have enumerated in this thread. We are working on a full schedule of live hosts, some names you may know like John jay Myers, most you don't. We are 100% committed to creating media which supports the Ron Paul platform of peace, liberty, and prosperity. We are NOT a conspiracy network and will NOT become one. So no 911 truth, no Illuminati, no New World Order, no lizards, no aliens and no elder zions. Period. Our hosts are bound by agreement to stick to the subject matter that has been endorsed by Paul and the Paul campaign and those topics which are relative to those positions. We are rock solid on this decision and there is no debating it. If this is not something you like or support you will unfortunately have to go elsewhere for your ron paul related audio. Further, any host found to be broadcasting on such topics will be pulled immediately. I won't wait until the end of your show. Your mic will be cut. We are also PG-13 rated. Which means no cursing. A slip up is understandable, but repeated violations will get the show pulled.

So far we have live hosts scheduled from about 9am to midnight mon-fri and have many weekend programs scheduled as well. There is still room, so if you would like to broadcast for Dr.Paul than get with me. All you need for a basic broadcast is a microphone, a good connection, and skype. We have a toll-free number as well and we handle routing callers on our end. All you have to do is accept the callers via the interface we provide on the website. We also take care of your archives. The system will automatically record your show, and upload it to the site to be available for podcast downloads. The only thing hosts need to do is handle routing the audio for clips and sound effects and what have you, any audio you want to broadcast that is NOT your microphone. You will probably need a small mixing board for that which we do not provide. We can help guide you through that process. While the network is mostly TALK format, focusing on campaign news, liberty issues, etc., we will also be featuring music. Generally this will be at the hosts discretion, but on Saturday nights we are developing a show called "Saturday Night Freedom Fight" which is a music program featuring R3VOLution friendly indie artists. So we are taking submissions.

Finally, we are running the project as a non-profit but will not be seeking 501c3 status with the government. Both the General Manager, Corey Moore, as well as myself have a lot of personal equipment tied up in the project and we are not interested in all the drama associated with asset divisions with a board of directors on a 501c3 organization. That said, the funding model at this point is donations based with a mind for future development into ad sales on air and on site. We will also be working on a revenue sharing model in the future for hosts and contributors. However, while we intend to stay privately owned and operated, we are committed to transparency in terms of where donation funds are going, how they are being allocated, what we plan on spending the money on, etc. Donors will have access to a special tracking information page on the web site which will show where every donated dollar has been spent. Most funds will be reinvested into growing the project and covering production expenses, but we may also use some at some point in direct support of other RP projects if we are sitting on funds that could be sent on for more positive development.

Finally, a word about myself and Corey. We are both Ron Paul supporters since 2007 when we operated one of the largest pro-RP groups online at Myspace with almost 20k member profiles and hundreds of daily posters. I have been into online radio since 2005, Corey since 2008, in both a radio hosting and management capacity. So this is not our first rodeo. We are both Christian small L libertarians. Corey is a college student studying Electronic Media Production and a (super awesome) web developer, libertarian activist and media entrepreneur. I am a recent larynx cancer survivor in recovery, full time liberty activist and business entrepreneur. Openly gay and married to the same wonderful guy since dirt was invented. Both out of Ohio. Corey is up in Kent, I'm down in Dayton. We have been working together for about 5 years and have managed a number of web based media projects.

If you have any questions for either of us, please feel free. Corey is watching the thread as well so if you want to ask him something he'll respond.

Thanks!

I may be contacting you in a few days. My main claim to fame has always been emcee work. Mostly in adult bars, but we're talking BIG clubs. I worked clubs like Deja Vu, Platinum PLus, Christie's Cabaret, The Pink Pony, ect. In other words, my job was to walk around talking with 1500 guys on a cordless, and get them to spend every dime they had, and thank me for it later. I also did some opinionated podcast stuff for a friend's blog a few years back. I guess I'm saying I'm good at mind raping people to get a desired effect. But I am well versed in how to talk to people, not at them. And not to toot my own horn, but I have a very good radio style voice.

HankXavier
01-22-2012, 07:09 PM
Here is a link to our working schedule as it stands right now. If you are interested in broadcasting, look for available slots that match your schedule and get in touch so we can talk. I prefer communication via chat text right now due to my voice recovering from my cancer treatments. So you can had me hx.amo on skype

check our schedule here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArZrBRj2BLb4dGhCV05sd011UWJqYlRKOWhaMHk4a mc&hl=en_US#gid=0

Intoxiklown
01-22-2012, 07:21 PM
Here is a link to our working schedule as it stands right now. If you are interested in broadcasting, look for available slots that match your schedule and get in touch so we can talk. I prefer communication via chat text right now due to my voice recovering from my cancer treatments. So you can had me hx.amo on skype

check our schedule here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArZrBRj2BLb4dGhCV05sd011UWJqYlRKOWhaMHk4a mc&hl=en_US#gid=0

I'll email you

wowrevolution
01-22-2012, 07:23 PM

check our schedule here

2AM - 9AM is empty. What do you use to fill that with? What timezone?

wowrevolution
01-22-2012, 07:35 PM
I have a pretty good dedicated server with a relatively low load currently. I can donate hosting for this as long as the bandwidth costs don't become prohibitive.

I think I get 2tb a month bw included.
I might contact you in 2 weeks. Lets see what these guys can pull off on Jan. 30. This is bigger than any MoneyBomb.

cizzlebolicious
01-22-2012, 07:42 PM
[Deleted]

cizzlebolicious
01-22-2012, 07:43 PM
[Deleted]

HankXavier
01-22-2012, 09:19 PM
2AM - 9AM is empty. What do you use to fill that with? What timezone?

If the timeslots are empty, they are open for live content first. Secondarily we will fill empty places with rerecorded or syndicated content.

PS:
oops didn't see Corey responded

centure7
01-22-2012, 10:40 PM
One of the very first steps you should take would be to contact the Liberty Radio Network. Get advise from Stephen Moleneaux(sp?) and Ian Freeman and his partner Mark too. Get to understand what kind of work this entails. I imagine it will be a full time job for you with lots of overtime. Do you have that kind of dedication in mind?

Hook
01-22-2012, 11:49 PM
I have had good luck with Ramsey kits.

Here is a low power AM transmitter that doesn't need a license for $34.00: http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?preadd=action&key=AM1C
Here is a low power FM for $45.00: http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?preadd=action&key=FM10C

Hook
01-22-2012, 11:57 PM
What about starting out simple and simple transmitting over radio stations that cary Rush, etc during a hard scheduled commercial break. Imagine if all ad time was full of pro-rp ads.

That would be a lot eaiser and would require substantially less infrastructure.

HankXavier
01-23-2012, 01:06 AM
One of the very first steps you should take would be to contact the Liberty Radio Network. Get advise from Stephen Moleneaux(sp?) and Ian Freeman and his partner Mark too. Get to understand what kind of work this entails. I imagine it will be a full time job for you with lots of overtime. Do you have that kind of dedication in mind?

I have actually interviewed Molyneaux a few times and Corey had his own show on Liberty Radio Network called The Voice of Radical Dissent.

LibertyRevolution
01-23-2012, 03:40 AM
What about starting out simple and simple transmitting over radio stations that cary Rush, etc during a hard scheduled commercial break. Imagine if all ad time was full of pro-rp ads.

That would be a lot eaiser and would require substantially less infrastructure.

^^ This is guerrilla radio.

If you want to do FM:
http://www.amazon.com/0-5-Fail-Safe-Long-Range-Transmitter/product-reviews/B003FO4UHW/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending
This will do 1/2 mile on whatever channel you want.
Caution, this transmitter at full power will violate some FCC stuff and fines and jail and stuff if you get caught.

If you really want to go to jail:
http://www.amazon.com/Fail-Safe-Professional-Transmitter-CZH-15A-Antenna/dp/B003VZOUX4/ref=pd_cp_e_3
10 miles...

cheapseats
01-30-2012, 03:22 PM
One of the establishment's most undervalued assets is its Nationwide AM Radio Talkshow infrastructure. In the wrong hands, this is a priceless marketing tool for normalizing their perspective. It has been overrun with Imperialist NeoCons and sociopaths. Names like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Mark Levin, and several others. These sociopaths have placed a hypnotic spell on tens of millions of motorists. Driving home or to work, or even going to lunch. These poor people really have no other outlet to explore their curiosity in politics.

We must fight them for control of the airwaves. We live in the age of the Internet.

I am looking for volunteers. We will create or decide on a central website to act as an "output hub" and each of us will input into our AM Radio Transmitters in our local areas.

Phase 2 will be to market the radio network's existence.

Not only will we advertise every venue possible.

First, you need to get an AM Radio Transmitter with Input for your computer.
For your own safety, you may also wish to get an AM License to broadcast.

Both of these can be done cheaply on an individual level.

Decentralized Grid Radio Network that will begin under the same concept as programs like SETI@Home.

Are you perchance on the West Coast?

cheapseats
01-30-2012, 04:24 PM
We must fight them for control of the airwaves.

Decentralized Grid Radio Network

I would like to "speak" with you about this.

implausibleendeavors @ gmail

cheapseats
01-30-2012, 04:38 PM

NO!

Amen!

cheapseats
01-30-2012, 04:42 PM

I agree.

cheapseats
01-30-2012, 04:45 PM

It's true.

cheapseats
01-30-2012, 04:49 PM
I'm not sure if this has been said or not, but you can legally broadcast AM over the radio unlicensed, as long as you're broadcasting under a certain amount of wattage, people refer to it as the "Part 15 Rule." There are some Part-15 compliant transmitters that can broadcast AM for sever miles (depending on the geography of where you live), but it's expensive.

Check out these two links for more info:
http://www.hobbybroadcaster.net/resource_directory.html
http://part15.us/

I could totally see the grassroots buying these transmitters, and having someone broadcast the station every two miles. Sadly I cannot afford one.

This is not an issue for big-league shows with pre-arranged subject constraints, but it is VITAL for what served in the LAST World War as RADIO FREE EUROPE.

HankXavier
02-10-2012, 01:03 AM
http://ronpaulradio.com/syndication

Mckarnin
02-10-2012, 01:32 AM

Someone else may have already said this but the only thing Ron Paul Radio 2008 and Ron Paul Radio 2012 have in common is the domain and I think a couple of the more sensible hosts who signed on with the new project. It was purchased by new people who are running it with much stricter controls re: swearing, conspiracies, intoxication, etc. That's why I decided to go ahead and host a show. No point in doing something that gives Ron Paul a bad name.

Mckarnin
02-10-2012, 01:35 AM
Just realized this isn't a particularly recent thread and deleted a duplicate comment.