PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me what state ballots Gingrich/Santorum failed to get on!

RileyE104
01-22-2012, 10:39 AM
I hear it's impossible for them to collect around 500 delegates because of failure to get on certain state ballots...

The only one I've heard about is Virginia and I know VA doesn't give out 500 delegagtes. :D

Edward
01-22-2012, 10:44 AM
This tidbit of information is spreading like wildfire, so I apologize if I keep repeating myself. For people who frequently ask others to question what they see and hear in the media, I have a feeling that we are going to look back at Doug Wead's assertion and feel pretty naive. I would like a second source and some math on this figure.

RileyE104
01-22-2012, 10:45 AM
This tidbit of information is spreading like wildfire, so I apologize if I keep repeating myself. For people who frequently ask others to question what they see and hear in the media, I have a feeling that we are going to look back at Doug Wead's assertion and feel pretty naive. I would like a second source and some math on this figure.

Perhaps he was just suggesting that Gingrich/Santorum have no organization in states that total over 500 delegates?

rpwi
01-22-2012, 10:47 AM
I hope the MSM stays in the dark on this... The sooner they know...the easier it will be for the GOP to bend the rules to get these guys onto the ballet (which WILL happen if they are still in the race). Of course it would never happen if the shoes were flipped and Paul trying to get on the ballet :(

rp2012win
01-22-2012, 11:12 AM
does anyone know

tennman
01-22-2012, 11:16 AM
They aren't on the ballot in 500 delegates worth of states but could still win even without those 500.

Edward
01-22-2012, 11:19 AM
They aren't on the ballot in 500 delegates worth of states but could still win even without those 500.

Proof?

cdw
01-22-2012, 12:11 PM
For Santorum he failed to get on the ballot for DC and Virginia which = 68 delegates. He also failed to file full slates of delegates in Illinois and Ohio, though I don't know the total loss of those.

For Gingrich he's not on the ballot for Virginia and Missouri which = 101 delegates, and I'm sure he too failed to file a full slate of delegates for multiple states.

For just the states we know that they failed to gain ballot access for, that's 169 delegates they can't get, which means there has to be hundreds of districts in the states they are on the ballot for where they failed to qualify for the delegates there OR another state or two where they didn't even get on the ballot at all. I'm sure more about this will be leaked soon, just gotta be patient.