PDA

View Full Version : Nobel prize for peace - Ron Paul

slamhead
01-22-2012, 10:14 AM
How do we go about nominating Ron Paul for the Nobel prize for Peace? If anyone in this world is trying to bring peace to this world at this time it is Ron Paul. I still cannot believe Obama got it.

rideurlightning
01-22-2012, 10:15 AM
If Obama got it, it's obviously bought.

sailingaway
01-22-2012, 10:15 AM
lol! Silly Rabbit, they don't want someone who actually MEANS it....

LisaNY
01-22-2012, 10:21 AM
the peace prize was rendered meaningless after obama's win.

Bruno
01-22-2012, 10:23 AM
If Obama got it, it's obviously bought.

If we can find out how much Obama paid for it and we can have a moneybomb. :D

RonRules
01-22-2012, 10:24 AM
I don't just want Ron to have the peace prize, but want the committee to rip the 2008 prize off Obama's hands and give it to Ron Paul.

Carehn
01-22-2012, 10:24 AM
http://www.peikoff.com/2011/12/26/would-you-accept-a-nobel-prize-is-it-okay-to-accept-an-honor-from-an-organization-whose-honors-in-the-past-have-been-based-on-irrational-standards/
"Would you accept a Nobel Prize? Is it okay to accept an honor from an organization whose honors in the past have been based on irrational standards?"

rideurlightning
01-22-2012, 10:28 AM
If we can find out how much Obama paid for it and we can have a moneybomb. :D

That, sir, is not a bad idea!

PaulConventionWV
01-22-2012, 10:36 AM
How do we go about nominating Ron Paul for the Nobel prize for Peace? If anyone in this world is trying to bring peace to this world at this time it is Ron Paul. I still cannot believe Obama got it.

Ron will never win the Nobel Peace Prize. The prize is simply another tool to control the masses by telling them who to admire and what to admire. Obama got it simply for his "diversity", his liberal agenda and the fact that he was black. That's all it takes, and he's part of the establishment, so he gets it. Nobody who actually fights for real peace will get it. Only those who the establishment want us to look up to will get it.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-22-2012, 10:37 AM
The Nobel Peace Prize is about as peaceful as the Patriot Act was patriotic.

Yoddle
01-22-2012, 10:37 AM
Obama got it "for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples".

Didn't he bomb like 6countrys that never attacked us in like 3years? Also kept the embargo on scary little Cuba. Diplomacy at its finesse :D

luctor-et-emergo
01-22-2012, 10:39 AM
Heinz Alfred "Henry" Kissinger (play /ˈkɪsɪndʒər/;[1] born May 27, 1923[2]) is a German-born American academic, political scientist, diplomat, and businessman. He is a recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize. He served as National Security Advisor and later concurrently as Secretary of State in the administrations of Presidents Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford. After his term, his opinion was still sought by many subsequent presidents and many world leaders.

Say no more.

specsaregood
01-22-2012, 10:43 AM
http://i.imgur.com/VFFf8.jpg
Snopes: TRUE (http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/sendler.asp)

rpwi
01-22-2012, 10:44 AM
Here are Nobel's words on who should win the Nobel Peace Prize:

"...shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses."

In recent years, this prize has had nothing to do with reducing standing armies. Would love to see the prize awarded based on ORIGINAL intent and if so...Paul is a PERFECT fit.

Not anybody can nominate a candidate...only:

Each year, the Norwegian Nobel Committee specifically invites qualified people to submit nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize.[5] The statutes of the Nobel Foundation specify categories of individuals who are eligible to make nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize.[6] These nominators are;

Members of national assemblies and governments and members of the Inter-Parliamentary Union,
Members of the Permanent Court of Arbitration and the International Court of Justice at the Hague,
Members of Institut de Droit International,
University professors of history, social sciences, philosophy, law and theology, university presidents and directors of peace research and international affairs institutes,
Former recipients, including board members of organizations that have previously won the prize,
Present and past members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee, and
Former permanent advisers to the Norwegian Nobel Institute.

Explains why this prize is in the mess it is... Hopefully a professor or somebody has a lucid movement and thinks of Paul...don't think it will happen :( Would be nice to know the specific individuals who will be doing the nominating...so they could be lobbied.

Fredom101
01-22-2012, 10:45 AM

This. I would be embarrassed if RP got the prize at this point.

Dr.3D
01-22-2012, 10:46 AM
Wait a minute. Didn't Al Gore and Barack Obama get a Nobel peace prize? If so, I'm not sure I would want to have Ron Paul associated with that kind of prize.

bultza
01-22-2012, 10:49 AM
Wait a minute. Didn't Al Gore and Barack Obama get a Nobel peace prize? If so, I'm not sure I would want to have Ron Paul associated with that kind of prize.

and kissinger get a Nobel

Hitler was nominated a Nobel Peace price too

Dr.3D
01-22-2012, 10:51 AM
Well, maybe we need to develop some other kind of prize. Perhaps call it the Ron Paul peace prize, and only those who follow the constitution would be eligible.

luctor-et-emergo
01-22-2012, 10:52 AM
Henry Kissinger.
Kofi Annan (UN)
Yasser Arafat

Here's the whole list;
http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/

No Free Beer
01-22-2012, 10:55 AM

this.

Muwahid
01-22-2012, 10:56 AM
That Prize is trash. Obama got it for popular support, he made little girls cry from his speeches and some smart guys thought hey! he should get a prize.

slamhead
01-22-2012, 11:03 AM

Was Al Gore's prize for peace or one of the other categories?

Dr.3D
01-22-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm not sure, but when I saw his name on it, I slapped myself and thought, what kind of prize is this?

kylejack
01-22-2012, 11:06 AM
You want Ron Paul to win a peace award previously given to Henry Kissinger and Barack Obama? Not very good colleagues to have.

specsaregood
01-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Yes it was, see post #13

Carson
01-22-2012, 11:24 AM
It's enough for me that Ron Paul is Ron Paul.

I wonder what Nobel would think of what's been going on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Nobel

Snip...

In 1888 Alfred's brother Ludvig died while visiting Cannes and a French newspaper erroneously published Alfred's obituary.[3] It condemned him for his invention of dynamite and is said to have brought about his decision to leave a better legacy after his death.[3][4] The obituary stated Le marchand de la mort est mort ("The merchant of death is dead")[3] and went on to say, "Dr. Alfred Nobel, who became rich by finding ways to kill more people faster than ever before, died yesterday."[5] Alfred was disappointed with what he read and concerned with how he would be remembered. On 27 November 1895, at the Swedish-Norwegian Club in Paris, Nobel signed his last will and testament and set aside the bulk of his estate to establish the Nobel Prizes, to be awarded annually without distinction of nationality. He died of a stroke on 10 December 1896 at Sanremo, Italy. After taxes and bequests to individuals, Nobel's will gave 31,225,000 Swedish kronor (equivalent to about 1.8 billion kronor or 250 million US dollars in 2008) to fund the prizes.[6]

The first three of these prizes are awarded for eminence in physical science, in chemistry and in medical science or physiology; the fourth is for literary work "in an ideal direction" and the fifth prize is to be given to the person or society that renders the greatest service to the cause of international fraternity, in the suppression or reduction of standing armies, or in the establishment or furtherance of peace congresses. There is no prize awarded for mathematics,[7] but see Abel Prize.

Snip...

Carson
01-22-2012, 11:26 AM

I think we're going to have to get him elected so he can act of his ideals.

airborne373
01-22-2012, 11:33 AM
Peace Prize? I am sure you must bomb lots and lots of women and children to "earn" the Peace Prize.

Svenskar_för_Ron_Paul
01-22-2012, 12:07 PM
The Norwegians always pick some political guy that get's the most attention (they gave it to Henry Kissinger aswell). I mean, noone cares about our little neighbour, the last Soviet state, and their only chance of ever getting any attention around the world is thru the NPP. The Nobel Peace Prize should be given back to us Swedes. Either that or we want Norway back, atleast.

thoughtomator
01-22-2012, 12:09 PM
War is Peace

Patrick Henry
01-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Truly pro peace folks can't actually win this. Sorry.

Svenskar_för_Ron_Paul
01-22-2012, 12:12 PM
PS. Norway has price controls on so many things. There is only ONE company that produces diary products in Norway, and the high tarrifs/tolls stops any other international company of selling diary products in their country. And because of this, so was every store in the whole Norway short on butter in december, before christmas (there was no butter att all during 3-4 weeks), and butter was being sold on the ''blackmarket'' for up to 1000 kr (around 140$) kg.

liveandletlive
01-22-2012, 12:15 PM
i'd like to see him win it, then give it up and tell them why the award is a joke in an epic speech

centure7
01-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Peace through War! Obama 2012!

Athan
01-22-2012, 12:44 PM
This.

heavenlyboy34
01-22-2012, 12:49 PM
The Nobel prize is named after the guy who invented dynamite. ;)