PDA

View Full Version : Triggering American Patriotism - If People Knew They Would Join....

LinuxJedi
01-22-2012, 09:31 AM
Hi,

I have been working on my relatives to get them to vote for Ron Paul. My relatives in Texas are following Paul closely, some are now assimilated into the Paul-bot collective, others I have not spoken with yet after writing to them. It is my relatives in Florida that pose an issue. They believe that America is free, and I'm delusional or something. These relatives are very pro-American (one Vietnam vet), and at one point in my life I considered joining the CIA which made them quite proud. Now, as I have explained to them, I can no longer in good conscience support the US government due to the complete loss of civil liberties.... (in fact, I am preparing to immigrate elsewhere) which they cannot believe has occurred. I'm working on discussions with them, but this thread is about triggering patriotism.

In discussions with my mother, I have come to realize that the older generation believes the US is fundamentally good. We know this is no longer the case, but we need to present evidence in a way that triggers the patriotic instinct to kick in. If people really knew what was happening in this country, and believed it affected them, they would automatically support Ron Paul. We need to show Liberty is the solution, along with following the US constitution.

My generation has been raised to believe Terrorists are the boogey-man... the older generation has been raised to believe the USSR was the boogey-man. Let's tap into that...

So here are a couple ideas:

- In the US, you can be asked to show your papers within 100 miles of any border, just like in the USSR.
- In the US, you do not have a right to travel without government authorization (VIPR checkpoints, TSA airport/train insanity).
- In the US, your property may be seized and reallocated to a company, isn't that communism?
- In the US, Obama now has five-year-plans, just like the USSR.
- The US has a planned economy...
- The US can detain and torture its own citizens
- The US monitors all communications within its country, just like the USSR
- Others?

I also think we need to link this with hard evidence, because people just don't believe it.