PDA

View Full Version : Ready for FLORIDA?!

neverseen
01-22-2012, 09:21 AM
After seeing crushing numbers in SC, you know we are all but getting 4th again in FL. No worries though, we all knew about this MONTHS in advance. FL is pushing hard and will hopefully triple our numbers from '08 (3%)!

I'm doing my part....

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/405201_352175688128167_100000072162360_1394551_120 724006_n.jpg

We are going to have about 500 people blanket the USF debate on monday. Should be crazy on the ground :D. We are going out with a bang this week. 10's of thousands of signs are up all over the state and more will go up this week. Here's to double digits in FL then onto victories in some caucus states!

neverseen
01-22-2012, 09:22 AM
And no... to clarify there will not be 500 in the audience. They will be outside. They did not sell tickets to this event. Insiders only.

brenton
01-22-2012, 09:37 AM
is this early voting?

neverseen
01-22-2012, 09:49 AM
I did an over the counter ballot. Almost no one votes in FL on the 31st :P

Over the counter ballots started in Dec or early Jan and early voting started last week. Bet you perry gets a high amount due to people casting before he dropped out :X

bluesc
01-22-2012, 09:50 AM
And no... to clarify there will not be 500 in the audience. They will be outside. They did not sell tickets to this event. Insiders only.

Great :rolleyes:. If they concentrate on foreign policy at all, this debate will be horrible.

opinionatedfool
01-22-2012, 09:54 AM
FL is winner take all. It would be better to get FL supporters to help out in NV, CO, ME and MN. Call from, etc. We won't win FL and therefore we won't even get one delegate. Romney or Grinch will get all of them.

bobburn
01-22-2012, 09:55 AM
Florida is pointless. Don't pay attention to it.

tbone717
01-22-2012, 09:56 AM
The campaign is skipping FL, and the grassroots should too. It is a very poor return on investment of both time and money. We have no chance of winning FL, so there is no reason to spend any money there. The focus is now on the four caucus states that vote in early February.

sailingaway
01-22-2012, 09:56 AM
We may beat Santorum, we'll see. But our organizational effort isn't there. We need to support the grass roots, though.

sailingaway
01-22-2012, 09:59 AM
The campaign is skipping FL, and the grassroots should too. It is a very poor return on investment of both time and money. We have no chance of winning FL, so there is no reason to spend any money there. The focus is now on the four caucus states that vote in early February.

I disagree, but it might depend on what you mean by support. Even strengthening the organization for the general deserves some support. A flyer on social security etc would be a good investment, I think, for example. Phone banking Nevada is really important, but each state has to be addressed as it comes up. I agree, we are not expecting delegates out of Florida, but I hope Ron on Monday when he is there for the debate does a few stops in different parts of the state. Grassroots are working hard for him there.

Maximus
01-22-2012, 10:13 AM
The grassroots should always be active. At the minimum we wake people up and get Paul new donors. There's a reason we went up 400% in South Carolina.

Now I'm not saying run commercials. But we should always be involved in our local communities.

rideurlightning
01-22-2012, 10:18 AM
The grassroots should always be active. At the minimum we wake people up and get Paul new donors. There's a reason we went up 400% in South Carolina.

Now I'm not saying run commercials. But we should always be involved in our local communities.

Agreed. If there is an opportunity to wake people up, then get involved.

Lightweis
01-22-2012, 10:21 AM
I went door to door in Miami while I was on vacation there.. Ran into nothing but mittens supporters..

tbone717
01-22-2012, 10:23 AM
I disagree, but it might depend on what you mean by support. Even strengthening the organization for the general deserves some support. A flyer on social security etc would be a good investment, I think, for example. Phone banking Nevada is really important, but each state has to be addressed as it comes up. I agree, we are not expecting delegates out of Florida, but I hope Ron on Monday when he is there for the debate does a few stops in different parts of the state. Grassroots are working hard for him there.

To clarify, by the grassroots skipping FL, I was referring to large scale expenditures. For example, I wouldn't be pleased to see a PAC spend a million dollars on TV ads there, when that money can be spent elsewhere. On the ground, talking to your neighbors stuff should always continue, because there is little cost involved.

neverseen
01-22-2012, 08:16 PM
Thanks for clarifying, because in my opinion everyone that tells me to stop in FL can go jump off a cliff and die. Only a POS would tell grassroots not to be active locally. In fact, only trolls that should be banned for discouraging grassroots activity.

If I want to put up $100 for paint locally and put a few man hours into signs... better believe I will do what I want with my money and time.

As for winner take all not a SINGLE person on this forum can prove that FL is winner takes all because IT'S NOT. If we get 10% we get some delegates and it'll be thanks to the FL grassroots teams hard work and dedication that we tripled 2008's numbers.

We phone bank harder than any other state, we canvass more than any other state, and we care about paul more than any other state. YOU will not take this away from us. This week is our moment no matter what the outcome is.

seawolf
01-22-2012, 08:26 PM
Neverseen I am so damn proud of you and all of the Florida Ron Paul Volunteers.

Don't you ever give up and know that you are not Alone. WE STAND WITH YOU NOW AND ALWAYS!!!!

God Bless You and the Florida Ron Paul Grassroots.

For Liberty!!!!!!

AngryCanadian
01-22-2012, 09:14 PM
WTF why is Herman Cain still on the bailout?

milo10
01-22-2012, 09:29 PM
I can attest that the dedication of the Florida people is exceptional. I look forward to seeing a bunch of new faces tomorrow!

Carehn
01-22-2012, 09:32 PM
Im ready for Fluoride. I mean Floride, I mean Florida.

CaptainJ
01-22-2012, 09:32 PM
I went door to door in Miami while I was on vacation there.. Ran into nothing but mittens supporters..

True. I live in northern Miami-Dade, nothing but Romney signs here.

RonRules
01-22-2012, 09:36 PM
All I want is to beat Santorum in Florida. That's a must and doable.

mmadness
01-22-2012, 09:39 PM
Grassroots in Florida should be focusing on becoming delegates (even for other candidates) or supporting existing delegates for Paul. This is honestly our best chance that Florida can help Dr. Paul.

seawolf
01-22-2012, 10:03 PM
Neverseen.....keep posting on everything the Florida Ron Paul Nation is doing for Ron Paul......YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!

Your operation is the HIGHLIGHT of the Campaign right now. Pure Grassroots..................

opinionatedfool
01-22-2012, 10:25 PM

FL supporters are definitively important. I just think they should be using their efforts to get the vote out in other states. We will get zero delegates from FL, unless Grinch or Romney drop out after winning FL. In that case maybe we would get delegates who have become "free agents." I'm not sure what the rules are in FL.

Anyway, caucus states have a better chance of bringing us delegates. We should put all hands on deck for these states.

opinionatedfool
01-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Grassroots in Florida should be focusing on becoming delegates (even for other candidates) or supporting existing delegates for Paul. This is honestly our best chance that Florida can help Dr. Paul.

Yes, if Grinch drops we could get his delegates to vote for us.

jacmicwag
01-22-2012, 11:43 PM
Go Florida. Never give up - I have a good feeling for some reason. Maybe the fact that everyone has given up on the state makes what you guys/girls are doing seem all the more important. I drove from Texas to St. Pete a few weeks back with stickers on the car and got plenty of thumbs up especially in South Florida. My friend down there said Paul gets pretty good media coverage and has many supporters. That's good enough for me.

Gary4Liberty
01-22-2012, 11:48 PM
Remember Florida is a CLOSED primary and you MUST be registered Republican at least 30 days before voting.

South Park Fan
01-22-2012, 11:50 PM
I did an over the counter ballot. Almost no one votes in FL on the 31st :P

Over the counter ballots started in Dec or early Jan and early voting started last week. Bet you perry gets a high amount due to people casting before he dropped out :X

That means Romney's likely to outperform the polls here since he was the inevitable nominee for the last three weeks.

Shankara
01-22-2012, 11:51 PM
My mom and I just voted today for Ron here in Florida. :)

South Park Fan
01-22-2012, 11:51 PM

I agree. We can beat them at their own game.

JJ2
01-22-2012, 11:55 PM
It's too bad Gary Johnson is still on the ballot!

specialkornflake
01-23-2012, 12:02 AM
I voted early today in St. Augustine Beach, FL. Lots of Romney signs and 1 Santorum sign. Anyone know how to get RP signs to put at local polling places?

brandt
01-23-2012, 12:05 AM
Florida has a lot of an older population that is concerned about Social Security. They paid in, they should get their money. It is their's. The opponents will try to smear Dr. Paul with lies. He will have to step up on that. I might be naive but I believe that Congressman Paul can win Florida. It is winner take all and we need the delegates.

heavenlyboy34
01-23-2012, 12:06 AM
FL is winner take all. It would be better to get FL supporters to help out in NV, CO, ME and MN. Call from, etc. We won't win FL and therefore we won't even get one delegate. Romney or Grinch will get all of them.
I could use some help in AZ as the time for primaries get closer. :) Getting 2nd in NV last time seemed to help in AZ, IIRC.

brandt
01-23-2012, 12:08 AM
I hope that we can sweep Super Tuesday. We will take the nomination after that.

joshnorris14
01-23-2012, 12:45 AM
Florida has a lot of an older population that is concerned about Social Security. They paid in, they should get their money. It is their's. The opponents will try to smear Dr. Paul with lies. He will have to step up on that. I might be naive but I believe that Congressman Paul can win Florida. It is winner take all and we need the delegates.

It's actually not theirs. The government stole theirs and spent it on other things. The money they are getting now is the money that I earn.

JJ2
01-23-2012, 12:52 AM

But getting 3rd in Florida is very important for getting rid of Santorum, and also for momentum/perception/media attention.

Edward
01-23-2012, 12:55 AM
But getting 3rd in Florida is very important for getting rid of Santorum, and also for momentum/perception/media attention.

Hear, hear. The island is sinking and there is only room for three candidates.

+ rep to the above voters