PDA

View Full Version : Stick it out Ron Paul supporters - only 57 delegates of 2286 delegates have been awarded

xRedfoxx
01-22-2012, 08:49 AM
I implore you guys and gals...especially the newest and youngest of you...to stick it out. Politics are dirty, rigged, stacked, you name it. The people that have power will do anything to keep it. However, if you keep plugging away, we will continue to gain momentum. Five years ago, we grew and grew. As the primaries continued, more and more Ron Paul supporters became upset with the process, never again to be seen. Here in Texas, we worked very very hard to get Ron Paul supporters to understand how to be delegates and precinct chairs. We made huge progress. Then when McCain won the nomination, half of them disappeared. Since that time, I can't tell you how many votes internal to the Republican Party we have narrowly lost that we would have easily won if folks had stuck it out.

We have a great opportunity to win many delegates to National this year and heck, maybe still win this thing. But if we don't, stick with it. After all, win or lose, we get to do this all over again in four years.

Become delegates, become your precinct chair, be a state and national delegate. We have doubled our voting strength from four years ago!! And I for one can't wait to see what our strength will be in 4 years from now. But one thing is for sure, they will try every trick in the book and change rules to try to keep us down.

UK4Paul
01-22-2012, 09:24 AM
I agree with these sentiments. Bottom line, it isn't just about Ron Paul, but about changing the Republican Party from the ground up.

That's why they are actively FIGHTING Paul, not just passively ignoring him.

That's why they will show the polls where Paul is rated lowest.

That's why they will omit Paul from the polls where they can.

That's why they only interview people who endorsed him (i.e. Tom Davis) AFTER it really matters.

They really DO consider him dangerous... to THEIR status quo.

FrancisMarion
01-22-2012, 09:39 AM
I agree with the title of this thread.

IN SC: Consider this, the campaign hand no presence until roughly 7 days before the primary. That's right one week. So before everybody starts bashing SC and throwing out all these conspiracies of how we lost, think of what was accomplished. We quadrupled our vote from the last election cycle essentially with grassroots. This is astounding and should give everyone hope. This just shows the power of the message, a message that should continue to spread even if there is no election in progress.

Only 3 states folks.

And by the way, I am personally getting tired of reading about how the press ignores us and all the other accusations of why we did "poorly" yesterday. This persecution and "victim card" is not going to win us more hearts and minds. Lets get some backbone and get over it and stay concentrated.

sailingaway
01-22-2012, 09:47 AM
Only 57 delegates have been awarded

After Florida that will be 107 delegates. From CNN:

Total Number of delegates: 2286
Unallocated delegates: 2229
Number of delegates needed to win: 1144

There is a lot of hype, but there are precious few delegates, in the early states.

Sorry about editing your title, I had been about to start my own thread, and I figured we didn't need that many different threads on this.

xRedfoxx
01-22-2012, 10:55 AM
Sorry about editing your title, I had been about to start my own thread, and I figured we didn't need that many different threads on this.

Not a problem at all!! It is better than the one I had!! I'm off now to train a new guy that called me asking how to be a delegate and how not to get screwed at the precinct convention.