PDA

View Full Version : CO and MN = HUGE! We must focus now.

Trigonx
01-22-2012, 08:28 AM
The next four states after FL(NV,ME,CO,MN) are absolutely the most important states for us to show we are in this to win.

Delegate information http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?346522-PDF-Delegate-information-for-ALL-50-states!-Wondering-about-your-state-look-no-further!

If we can talk to the people of these caucus states directly before they are bombarded with MSM we can get our delegates there and even place high in their straw polls.

I'm hoping NV has gotten plenty of of PFH love, so we can get MN and CO some love. No matter what the narrative the MSM is playing leading to these caucuses we can overcome it with grassroots.

Our talking point on PFH should be electability which is what will motivate people to stay with us no matter what the MSM tries to portray.

nyrgoal99
01-22-2012, 08:30 AM
I hope PFH will get turned on in CO, MN, ME. We only need 3,000 to 4,000 votes total to win Maine

Trigonx
01-22-2012, 08:32 AM
I hope PFH will get turned on in CO, MN, ME. We only need 3,000 to 4,000 votes total to win Maine

I'm hoping with NH so close to ME we got some dedicated volunteers over there fighting the fight.

rp2012win
01-22-2012, 08:55 AM
If we only need 3 or 4k to win maine that would seem easy. Population is 1.3M. I would walk over broken glass to cast my vote for him. Surely we have some diehards in maine.

tbone717
01-22-2012, 08:59 AM
Maine requires a very targeted and concerted effort in order to win. Paul did win a county there in 08, but it was one of the lesser populated ones up north. I am hopeful that PFH will start calling ME as that is likely our best means to uncover new supporters.

No Free Beer
01-22-2012, 09:02 AM
The next four states after FL(NV,ME,CO,MN) are absolutely the most important states for us to show we are in this to win.

Delegate information http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?346522-PDF-Delegate-information-for-ALL-50-states!-Wondering-about-your-state-look-no-further!

If we can talk to the people of these caucus states directly before they are bombarded with MSM we can get our delegates there and even place high in their straw polls.

I'm hoping NV has gotten plenty of of PFH love, so we can get MN and CO some love. No matter what the narrative the MSM is playing leading to these caucuses we can overcome it with grassroots.

Our talking point on PFH should be electability which is what will motivate people to stay with us no matter what the MSM tries to portray.

Absolutely.

+rep

tajitj
01-22-2012, 09:17 AM
I say Washington, the last event before Super Tuesday. Of course they will write it off, but a victory before all those voters head out March 6th would be big.

We almost won Washington last time, 21% compared to Mccain with 26% and Hucker 23%
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Republican_caucuses,_2008

Drex
01-22-2012, 09:25 AM
Is there anyway I can help in CO with lodging and or food paid for? I live so close and it would be a shame not to help

Trigonx
01-22-2012, 09:59 AM
bump

rideurlightning
01-22-2012, 10:01 AM
I think we should let the grassroots in Florida deal with getting us a decent showing, while the rest of us should focus on Nevada and the rest of the upcoming states.

opinionatedfool
01-22-2012, 10:03 AM
If we only need 3 or 4k to win maine that would seem easy. Population is 1.3M. I would walk over broken glass to cast my vote for him. Surely we have some diehards in maine.

It would be great if we could get 30,000 or something. There has to be a lot more dedicated paulites than just 3000 or 4000 in the whole state of maine.

Maltheus
01-22-2012, 10:25 AM
The problem in CO is that the most heavily conservative county (El Paso) is home to many military bases, and although we get some strong support from active duty members, it's the retired types, who spent the 80s touring Europe and believe most strongly in the chickenhawk dream, that lead the party. FWIW, they love Rand, but at a central committee meeting yesterday, many came up to our RP table with "don't you know they want to cut our heads off" and the usual, "I love Ron, expect for one thing...". Having several active duty members at our table didn't help much either. The heads of the party are very slippery and, quite frankly, play even dirtier than the party heads in '08. We need EVERY single Ron Paul supporter running for delegate or alternate if we're to pull this off. It's very easy to get nominated to state. We just need enough people willing to do it.

ZanZibar
01-22-2012, 10:53 AM
Is there anyway I can help in CO with lodging and or food paid for? I live so close and it would be a shame not to helpCall the Colorado office and ask them.

tbone717
01-22-2012, 11:04 AM
It would be great if we could get 30,000 or something. There has to be a lot more dedicated paulites than just 3000 or 4000 in the whole state of maine.

There very well may be, but for whatever reason the caucus has a very low turnout. 258,000 registered Republicans and only 5491 voted in 2008 - that's a 2% turnout. Maybe someone on here from Maine can explain why the turnout is so low.

speciallyblend
01-22-2012, 11:48 AM
Doing what i can for districts in denver county. I hope to get 5-10 folks to feb 7th caucus to support me as a delegate. I am pretty down right now and have been. The gop is depressing. I have lil faith in the corrupt gop. I am expecting to write in or vote 3rd party eventually.

COpatriot
01-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Pulling for us here in Colorado. We're a MMJ state so maybe that'll help a bit.

Patrick Henry
01-22-2012, 12:19 PM
While I don't really know the answer to this, there are parts of Maine were not a house or building is seen for miles. It might just have to do with inconvenience in getting to the polls.
There very well may be, but for whatever reason the caucus has a very low turnout. 258,000 registered Republicans and only 5491 voted in 2008 - that's a 2% turnout. Maybe someone on here from Maine can explain why the turnout is so low.

realtonygoodwin
01-22-2012, 12:27 PM
I am from Maine, and planning to settle in Colorado Springs, so this thread is very interesting to me.

IDefendThePlatform
01-22-2012, 12:33 PM
We need a win. If that's Maine cuz its the smallest then so be it. We should stick with our strategy of moneyball-style proportional delegates but lets really focus on getting a win somewhere in here before super Tuesday.

tsai3904
01-22-2012, 12:34 PM
Colorado is a CLOSED caucus and only registered Republicans as of December 7 OR new voters who registered to vote for the first time as of January 9 can participate.

Maine is a CLOSED caucus BUT Unenrolled voters (those not registered with any party) AND new voters can register Republican AT the caucus. Those that are registered with any other party must register Republican 16 days before their caucus.

Minnesota is an OPEN caucus. Anyone can register AT the caucus.

Given these conditions, Maine and Minnesota will be A LOT easier to win.

alucard13mmfmj
01-22-2012, 12:35 PM
CO will look good because they legalize marijuana. i hope dr. paul addresses importance of letting states make up most of their laws without interferance from federal government.

NV will look good because they legalize prostitution. i hope dr. paul addressed the state issue as well. HOWEVER, i think dr. paul supports online gambling (correct me if im wrong), which will work negatively.

Most importantly, we must stress that ron is Pro-Gun. I have a feeling these states are less concern with things like gay rights or abortions or social issues.

chudrockz
01-22-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm moderately well-connected in Minnesota and standing by to help Ron Paul win here! My wife and I will caucus, as well as some friends of ours, and I'm currently working hard on roughly a half-dozen coworkers too!

PeacePlan
01-22-2012, 12:52 PM
I'm moderately well-connected in Minnesota and standing by to help Ron Paul win here! My wife and I will caucus, as well as some friends of ours, and I'm currently working hard on roughly a half-dozen coworkers too!

The most important thing we can do as Minnesotans is become delegates and get others that you know to become delegates. Keep working on them and drag as many people as you can to the caucus. I offered to pay for the cost of one guy going to the district convention if he would become a district delegate and he agreed. He was out of work and could not afford it. So it will cost me about a 100 bucks to drive him feed him and take him to the convention. I see this as money well spent and I get to help a fellow Liberty minded person out. Do whatever is takes but get those delegates to the convention.

COpatriot
01-22-2012, 01:23 PM
CO will look good because they legalize marijuana. i hope dr. paul addresses importance of letting states make up most of their laws without interferance from federal government.

NV will look good because they legalize prostitution. i hope dr. paul addressed the state issue as well. HOWEVER, i think dr. paul supports online gambling (correct me if im wrong), which will work negatively.

Most importantly, we must stress that ron is Pro-Gun. I have a feeling these states are less concern with things like gay rights or abortions or social issues.

Ron will never win El Paso county which is where I live unfortunately. Lots of evangelicals, focus on the family people, neocons. Prime real estate for American Taliban candidates like Santorum. Now Denver and the other mountain communities will be a different story.

speciallyblend
01-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Ron will never win El Paso county which is where I live unfortunately. Lots of evangelicals, focus on the family people, neocons. Prime real estate for American Taliban candidates like Santorum. Now Denver and the other mountain communities will be a different story.

yep we should also do well in northern colorado. Jefferson county is a screwed up county like el paso.

maxoutco
01-22-2012, 02:04 PM
Colorado has been pounded hard with Romney at KOA 850. 630 KHOW has been a little more lenient towards Paul in the morning, but advacants of Romney in the afternoon also. I'm out in Aurora and think I might start canvassing out here soon. Already working on converting my neighbors on my coldesac.

I was wondering if we could get someone like Doug Wead on the morning show on 630 KHOW talking about electability. Peter Boyles is the guy and has really been siding with our foreign policy as of late in the morning shows, but comes across as Ron Paul is unelectable. A Doug Wead interview or even Ron Paul interview would be huge in this high desert.

Here's the website for contact info:

http://www.khow.com/main.html