PDA

View Full Version : Are You Frightened For Your Retirement? Targeting Baby Boomers.

everlasticity
01-22-2012, 06:36 AM
Here is an email I sent to my family in an effort to motivate them to consider Ron Paul:

Everyone is concerned about they economy. When I talk to my father, he advocates for a long term transition to the limited forms of government that We Ron Paul supporters advocate above any other candidate. He does so because he is afraid that an abrupt transition would create havoc in the economy. What he fails to realize is that the dependency Americans have on the government is designed to produce just that, dependency. However, this dependency is not meant for his benefit, it is designed to benefit the elite. He believes that his 401K is designed to reap tax free savings for his retirement, when in fact it is not designed for him at all. 401k plans are marketing schemes designed to promote the investing elite, while maintaining the illusion that the common investor is investing for his future. He puts money into an account that cannot be withdrawn from until he retires, which makes his investments ripe for the picking of the smart money.

It is no secret that we have an aging population in this country. To the keen investor, because those funds are frozen, they have a predictable expiration in terms of their investment horizon. In an country where there are more retiring than those to replace them in the workforce, the ideal time to withdraw one's savings from a 401k plan would actually be prior to one's retirement, at the time when those investments would be peaking averaged over the entirety of peak retirement age. This has already begun, he has already seen his 401k plundered by the very strategy I have described. Yet he persists to invest, hoping that he can make it to retirement age in time to withdraw his funds. He holds on because he wants to reap the tax incentive, goading him to hold on just long enough for the smart investors to take his money before he can.

The Federal Reserve bank promotes this incentive. They lower interest rates, making investment in guaranteed yields less attractive. The Federal Reserve compounds this problem by fueling inflation, making investment in higher yielding assets an imperative. It becomes harder and harder to retire because the rate of inflation destroys the purchasing power of the dollars he worked so hard to earn. However, this cheap money is being used against my father, since it is the large investors who have easiest access to cheap loans. The leverage that is given to these investors is used to to dwarf the investment potential of my fathers 401k plan, which is meager in comparison. They will drive up the stock market, and then take it all back.

The problem with my father's thesis is that there is no transition. This system will be gutted by the very powers that seek to gain his trust in the stock market. They will promise a brighter future, and then steal it all away just when he thinks he has seen the light at the end of the tunnel. Really it is just common investing sense for the smart investor pull their money, but it is being used in a most insidious fashion against the entire country.

When the future becomes less certain, individuals are less likely to invest in the future. The aging population is perhaps the greatest contributor to this uncertainty, since your generation will not be replaced in the workforce. How is my generation suppose to support your retirement without your generation coming to grips with the situation? Among the common folk, the smart ones are the ones who are pulling their money out of their 401k plans, even though they take a hit. Up until the end of the year, the news reported daily how money was being pulled out of mutual funds at record levels. If you think that China or India will fill in the gaps, then you are really just accepting my premise. The wealth will be over there, not here. China and India are not going reimburse this country for it's 401k's.

I am imploring you to vote for Ron Paul because he is the only one who recognizes the direction this country is headed. He is the only one offering real solutions, even if those solutions may be frightening. The other candidates may know what is going on, but they won't admit it to you. They seek to instill confidence, to perpetuate the illusion. Under their plans, there won't be a transition, there will be a collapse. Under Ron Paul, there will a restructuring, and a future. You won't get a chance to enjoy your retirement if you don't follow the advice of Ron Paul. Your money will be no good any more, and you won't be able to afford a loaf of bread. Stop ignoring what is happening to this country, stop ignoring what is happening to our wealth. You will be here long enough to suffer for it, your generation is just getting over the hill. It is close. But it isn't a hill, it's a cliff.

cheapseats
01-22-2012, 09:26 PM
Are You Frightened For Your Retirement? Targeting Baby Boomers.

This is a big deal, HUGE. I resurrect the thread, begun today, from Page 8 with 46 views.

Artificially low interest rates are a boon for Bankers (and life support for Debtors), but they are a disaster for Savers & Fixed Income Folk. That is "natural" turf for Ron Paul.

TEN THOUSAND PER DAY FOR THE NEXT NINETEEN YEARS, that is the latest projection I read for Baby Boom retirement.

MsDoodahs
01-22-2012, 09:31 PM
Are You Frightened For Your Retirement? Targeting Baby Boomers.

This is a big deal, HUGE. I resurrect the thread, begun today, from Page 8 with 46 views.

Artificially low interest rates are a boon for Bankers (and life support for Debtors), but they are a disaster for Savers & Fixed Income Folk. That is "natural" turf for Ron Paul.

TEN THOUSAND PER DAY FOR THE NEXT NINETEEN YEARS, that is the latest projection I read for Baby Boom retirement.

That figure is stunning.

Terrifying, even.

cheapseats
01-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Page 8, 89 views.

cheapseats
01-29-2012, 12:43 PM
MANY Baby Boomers are looking at working 5-10 extra years, to recover lost ground. Those not yet collecting Social Security are not comforted by assurances that CURRENT Recipients will retain benefits to which they are accustomed, while everyone gets vague about what the NEXT generation can expect . . . the generation that KICKED IN the lion's share of funds . . . many of which have been diverted and squandered by Politicians cruising above the fray.

socal
01-29-2012, 01:14 PM
Here's an excellent article explaining how the baby boomers and retirees are going to get hosed,

Fed "Twist" Threatens Long-Term Stock Returns & Retirement Lifestyles
September 28, 2011
http://danielamerman.com/articles/2011/twistC.html

The Federal Reserve's "Operation Twist" represents a $400 billion assault on retirement investment portfolios, pension funds, corporate stock valuations and the financial viability of state and local governments. As explored herein, the full potential effects of Operation Twist and related Federal Reserve policies include:

1) Reducing the standard of living for tens of millions of current and future retirees;
2) Reducing long-term earnings growth rates for stocks, with a potentially major and long-term reduction in fundamental stock values;
3) Setting off feedback loops that will further reduce both retiree lifestyles and stock valuations; and
4) Increasing the chances of insolvency for state and local governments, as well as many major corporations.

The Fed's announcement that they will be selling $400 billion of short-term treasuries in order to buy $400 billion in long-term treasuries is not the confusing or ineffective obscurity many observers mistakenly believe it to be, but rather it is a textbook example of the strategy of Financial Repression that the US government has chosen in an attempt to avoid either hyperinflation or default. Succinctly put, the key is to take the massive financial pain that would otherwise be forced on the federal government, and instead move the burden elsewhere.

Because the government shortfalls are in the tens of trillions of dollars over the coming decades, only a huge target would be able to bear this burden, and such a target has indeed been found: retirement investors, pension beneficiaries and Social Security recipients...

seapilot
01-29-2012, 01:29 PM
In 4 years the candidates if there is no President Paul will be talking about one issue. Saving Social Security and pensions. Nothing else will matter by that time.

jay_dub
01-29-2012, 01:41 PM
With COLAs tied to the 'official' inflation rate, seniors are being ripped off on a monthly basis. The 'real' inflation rate is about 9% while the gov't pegs it around 2%. This has been going on since the carter administration when food and energy costs were eliminated from the inflation index. Seniors on a fixed income are some of the biggest losers under our current policies.

wgadget
01-29-2012, 02:00 PM
So did ya hear the one about how over in Greece, they will be getting another BAILOUT, at the expense of the BOND HOLDERS, who will be taking a 60% haircut?

The wave of the future.

:eek:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46175493/ns/business-stocks_and_economy/

cheapseats
01-30-2012, 04:48 AM
Ignore the BABY BOOM RETIREMENT DILEMMA at your peril . . . TWO ways.

THEY, much more so than Snoop Dogg's posse, are among the SCREWED & UNCERTAIN whose votes are actually up for grabs. You don't snag a magic number of THEIR votes, Ron Paul loses.

Secondly, the longer they stay in the workforce, the longer Young 'Uns will face high Unemployment.

alucard13mmfmj
01-30-2012, 05:08 AM
Well, when we retire ^^;;, we will know who to partially thank for the 100+ trillion debt eh?

cheapseats
01-30-2012, 05:20 AM
Well, when we retire ^^;;, we will know who to partially thank for the 100+ trillion debt eh?

Are you imagining that 20-Somethings and 30-Somethings are BLAMELESS?