PDA

View Full Version : 3.7% voted for RP in SC in 2008

Fredom101
01-22-2012, 01:57 AM
I just want to make this clear. He gained 10%. SC was NOT a disappointment to me at all. Quadrupling vote totals is a huge step up and a huge statement. Forget about the other candidates, it's meaningless right now. Not many of those 13% will be voting Gingrich or Romney in the General.

Momentum is still there. Turn off your TVs and stop reading CNN. It's ON this year.

Liberty Shark
01-22-2012, 02:50 AM
Good point. I was trying to explain this same thing to people earlier. While I thought that 3rd place was probable, and possibly upwards of 17%-18%, this was still a good result. Roughly 4X the number of votes compared to 2008. South Carolina was going to be one of the absolute most difficult states, along with Florida. After these 2 contests, things should improve even more.

Fredom101
01-22-2012, 10:52 AM
Good point. I was trying to explain this same thing to people earlier. While I thought that 3rd place was probable, and possibly upwards of 17%-18%, this was still a good result. Roughly 4X the number of votes compared to 2008. South Carolina was going to be one of the absolute most difficult states, along with Florida. After these 2 contests, things should improve even more.

Yep, people that are being negative simply haven't looked into history. SC is one of the most neocon states in the nation. We never had a chance there, but STILL gained 10% from 2008! I think it shows how far these ideas have come if we can get 13% of the vote in hostile territory like SC.

tennman
01-22-2012, 10:53 AM
I'm pleased but not satisfied. Liberty deserves better than 4th place.

luctor-et-emergo
01-22-2012, 10:55 AM
I think we can be satisfied with the amount of votes cast for Paul.

But it still does not explain for me, how the turnout can be 35% higher then 08'.
Media had mixed reports about turnout, the weather certainly didn't help, yet 35% more people cast a vote...

walt
01-22-2012, 10:58 AM
I'm not satisfied at all, the campaign moved from viral offline one to one voter education to TV only.

I'm not saying it's an OR thing, I'm saying it's an AND thing. If we don't maximize every channel to every demgraphics - while bypassing major media, we'll never win.

gaazn
01-22-2012, 11:01 AM
Even better because last time there were 100 times more Ron Paul street signs than this time. The message is spreading fast.