PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Must Do An Electability Ad!

JJ2
01-22-2012, 01:39 AM
The campaign needs to do a good TV ad that addresses the media-created misperception that Ron Paul is unelectable, showing recents polls, such as CBS and CNN polls, which have RP tied with Obama. This is a major reason why people are not voting for him--they don't see him as a credible, serious, electable candidate (because the media tells them he is not!). This must be addressed right away, and the best way to do it is probably with a TV ad.

tennman
01-22-2012, 05:56 PM
The campaign needs to do a good TV ad that addresses the media-created misperception that Ron Paul is unelectable, showing recents polls, such as CBS and CNN polls, which have RP tied with Obama. This is a major reason why people are not voting for him--they don't see him as a credible, serious, electable candidate (because the media tells them he is not!). This must be addressed right away, and the best way to do it is probably with a TV ad.

True this! Based on my experience, this is the most important issue next to foreign policy. So far every time except one when I've brought up Ron Paul to someone they either say something like, "Well but he's not electable in a general election" or "His foreign policy is nuts."

So in my qualified opinion (marketing specislist for 16 years including major corporations, helping a political campaign, and national celebrity names) the campaign has got to immediately develop two ads.

1. Similar to what John McCain did in 2008 to get the nomination. His ads would literally say something like, "Want to defeat Hillary in 2008? According to major polling, one candidate can. And then at the end it would say something like "Vote for the one candidate who can prevent a President Hillary!" That ad was everywhere online. They ran Google ads and TV ads repeatedly and who was the nominee? That's right, John McCain.

2. The foreign policy confusion has got to stop. People are genuinely concerned and believing the mainstream media in thinking that Ron Paul won't protect them. That he's some old hippy or something who'd just let foreign invaders come attack us and shrug his shoulders about it. There's a REAL opportunity here to win over conservatives who are "ra ra" with military issues. An ad educating people on miltary spending vs. defense spending. Maybe use the line Paul used during the second South Carolina debate about how we're spending massive amounts of taxpayer money on defending a border in a middle eastern desert that we can't even find half the time while we're leaving our own borders undefended. Explain that Ron Paul wants to bring the money home from the middle east to secure, defend and protect our own borders.

I'm telling you. Run those ads like a constant drum beat and Ron Paul will win the nomination. GOP folks love his domestic policy so that part doesn't have to be hammered as much. Eliminate their hang ups with Paul so they have mental/emotional permission to vote for him and they will.

Please campaign, believe me. Please.

kill the banks
01-22-2012, 06:06 PM
make you're weakness you're strength

freneticentropy
01-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Agree. Electability and FP are the two biggest detriments to Paul now. Those are the only two things I ever hear about from actual Paul detractors (republicans anyway. liberals will talk about the newsletters and his domestic policy). Saturate the airwaves with ads on electability, and make a major policy speech on FP laying out his ideas for keeping America safe in detail. This would leave the anti-paul people with: nothing. They'd simply have nothing to say anymore.

JJ2
01-22-2012, 08:01 PM
Absolutely, these are the two big issues that must be addressed immediately.

RonRules
01-22-2012, 08:04 PM
The main thing that needs to be pointed out is the UNELECTIBILITY of Newt and Santorum, based on their missing 556 delegates in a dozen states.

With these two gone, we can win over Romney.

BTW, we absolutely have to beat Santorum in FLA.

thoughtomator
01-22-2012, 08:44 PM
Here's how to handle it. When next asked about electability in a debate he should immediately turn the spotlight on his opponents:

Romney, not very close to the people, not very different from Obama, you still get ObamaRomneyCare etc.

Gingrich, one new scandal every day until the election, do we really want to go through that?

Santorum, can't even beat a prankster on Google for his own name, does he really have a shot at beating Obama?

(Then, pull the trump card)

In contrast, I attract to the party a wide swath of voters that have been alienated from the political system, without which the Republican Party cannot win this election."

Let the GOP chew on that some. Paul is the only electable candidate, not an unelectable one.

Okie RP fan
01-22-2012, 09:48 PM
Electability and foreign policy.

Two issues that must be addressed through ads and debates, speeches, etc.

JJ2
01-23-2012, 01:36 AM
Another point Dr. Paul should be making, with regard to electability, is that, on many of the issues, the DNC and Obama campaign would not be able to use their usual lines of argument that they are already preparing (and have been perfecting for literally decades) for a standard Republican candidate. They wouldn't know what to do with a Ron Paul!