PDA

View Full Version : Time to Organize Our Next Moves: Discussion

Okie RP fan
01-22-2012, 01:14 AM
Please, people, cheer up! :D This is just getting started!

We need to start streamlining our message and set some criteria to follow until Nevada. As we know we are just letting Florida go it's way. We can be more effective going into Nevada, Minnesota, etc. I am a newcomer and new to this whole process, but by reading some threads and making my own observations, I feel we really need to reorganize right now and set some criteria that we can agree on for the next couple weeks.

So, what points and how should we go about conveying those points for the next two weeks or so?

Here are some that I believe we need to touch on:

-Electability. Important to bookmark all polls that show Paul within the top two of Independents or other groups. Show the ones that are as favorable and fair as possible.

-Media blackout. It is extremely obvious that the entire MSM is back to ignoring Dr. Paul again. We MUST combat this and be vigilant. It's time we all step up and start using the "Media Spin" thread to organize the MSM's blackouts and/or other misconceptions (lies) about the good doctor. From there, we can effectively group and contact the media outlets.

-Foreign Policy. It's what is killing us, and we all know this. We must continue pushing in what ways we can to explain to everyone we can, on the Internet, and in person, to explain the honest and true position. Also, know your audience.

-Projection. Can't think of another word to use for this, but we need to return to how we were operating during the Summer: humbly. We need to get back to our roots and act mature, wise, and calm. Act as Dr. Paul would.

So, what does everyone think? Please post your thoughts and ideas and we will discuss. I really do think we need to regroup at this point, and hopefully many of you agree. Please, discuss!

Others mentioned from other posters:

-Facebook organization! Start groups on Facebook, create and run ads through it also.

-Local organization. Please search your way through sites such as meetup or Facebook to get in touch with local Ron Paul supporters. This should be a top priority, as it may also prove critical to the delegate process!

Edward
01-22-2012, 01:22 AM
-Electability. Important to bookmark all polls that show Paul within the top two of Independents or other groups. Show the ones that are as favorable and fair as possible.

Nice post! Regarding electability, stress that Ron fares very well in a head-to-head match-up with Obama, but that Gingrich and Santorum do not (i.e. they are unelectable). Voting for Gingrich or Santorum hands the election to Obama.

Okie RP fan
01-22-2012, 01:29 AM
Nice post! Regarding electability, stress that Ron fares very well in a head-to-head match-up with Obama, but that Gingrich and Santorum do not (i.e. they are unelectable). Voting for Gingrich or Santorum hands the election to Obama.

Right. So, showing polls would be very effective. Things like this are great for email and/or Facebook.

eleganz
01-22-2012, 01:32 AM
The next move is to stop cluttering the forum with useless banter and 'what ifs' discussions and strategize locally or be productive.

Okie RP fan
01-22-2012, 01:37 AM
The next move is to stop cluttering the forum with useless banter and 'what ifs' discussions and strategize locally or be productive.

Are you speaking about this thread? The purpose of this thread was to help keep some of the clutter out, and hopefully set a general mindset amongst some of the people here. And nothing about this thread is "what if?"

So, if you weren't talking about my post, then, okay. If you were, your comment made no sense, especially compared to the real clutter in this section. I agree, people do need to organize locally. However, people should be doing this already and should be a no brainer.

LibertasPraesidium
01-22-2012, 01:52 AM
There are two things that come to mind, Other than the February money bomb Here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?353416-Bailout-Freedom-Mega-Money-Bomb-Valentine-s-Day-2012!!!), and talk of no excuse early voting statesYouth Vote? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?353678-How-to-Boost-the-18-29-Youth-Vote-Guaranteed)

Why haven't we all finally coalesced into a single FB group for easier organization and information sharing?

Lord Xar
01-22-2012, 01:57 AM
I want to Start some Facebook ad campaigns or just have the person who hit it up for Iowa etc.. get it going for Minnesota and Arizona.

I would like to know what are the important issues for each of these states.

I know Minnesota is open too, right? Nevada, just republican if I am not mistaken.

Okie RP fan
01-22-2012, 02:00 AM
A couple of people have mentioned Facebook organization. I don't have Facebook, so I don't know how the situation is. I'll add it to the list.

Paul4Prez
01-22-2012, 02:00 AM
Just keep battling.
Win somewhere.
Nevada? Maine? Minnesota?
Show people the polls that prove Ron Paul is more electable than Newt.
Remind people that only Ron Paul has a plan to balance the budget.
Romney and Gingrich won't even reduce spending!
Only Ron Paul has proven that he can be trusted on fiscal issues.
Pray that Americans decide to vote for their own freedom.
Get out the vote, wherever you live.
Turnout wins primaries.
We have enough support already to win the nomination, if we get the turnout.
Character matters, abd Ron Paul has it. Newt doesn't.
Consistency matters, and Ron Paul has it. Mitt doesn't.

Never give up!
Freedom!

Okie RP fan
01-22-2012, 02:02 AM
Just keep battling.
Win somewhere.
Nevada? Maine? Minnesota?
Show people the polls that prove Ron Paul is more electable than Newt.
Remind people that only Ron Paul has a plan to balance the budget.
Romney and Gingrich won't even reduce spending!
Only Ron Paul has proven that he can be trusted on fiscal issues.
Pray that Americans decide to vote for their own freedom.
Get out the vote, wherever you live.
Turnout wins primaries.
We have enough support already to win the nomination, if we get the turnout.
Character matters, abd Ron Paul has it. Newt doesn't.
Consistency matters, and Ron Paul has it. Mitt doesn't.

Never give up!
Freedom!

Agreed
Agreed
Agreed

All great points that we must remind ourselves of.

eleganz
01-22-2012, 02:03 AM
Are you speaking about this thread? The purpose of this thread was to help keep some of the clutter out, and hopefully set a general mindset amongst some of the people here. And nothing about this thread is "what if?"

So, if you weren't talking about my post, then, okay. If you were, your comment made no sense, especially compared to the real clutter in this section. I agree, people do need to organize locally. However, people should be doing this already and should be a no brainer.

No I'm not speaking about this thread, I encourage every thread that strategizes for victory. I discourage USELESS threads.

My post makes sense because you're asking for discussion on 'our next move'.

No, local organization is NOT a no-brainer, some people like you and I just think it is but many RP supporters are not locally active. This is why we need to be constantly reminding people to be active and get out there. Less time on the forums, more time on the streets.

Okie RP fan
01-22-2012, 02:05 AM
No I'm not speaking about this thread, I encourage every thread that strategizes for victory. I discourage USELESS threads.

My post makes sense because you're asking for discussion on 'our next move'.

No, local organization is NOT a no-brainer, some people like you and I just think it is but many RP supporters are not locally active. This is why we need to be constantly reminding people to be active and get out there. Less time on the forums, more time on the streets.

Ok, gotcha.

Well, what should we mention to get people to get involved locally more?

I know meetup.com is a good place to start. Just search for Ron Paul groups. Also, Facebook I'm sure helps to organize people locally. This is also crucial due to the delegate process.

eleganz
01-22-2012, 02:11 AM
Reality is, meetup groups are dead and have been dead for a while. Almost every meetup group across the nation is dead except for the few that catch life and fire when the elections come to their state but by that time it is already too late. We don't have the support and polling to win and it makes us depressed (lesson NOT learned...AGAIN...)

What I mean by getting locally active is making sure you attend local events and if there aren't any, CREATE one and keep creating them until you build a strong group. Then move to another area and create a group there.

Facebook, from my experience, is the best way to start events and keep attendance high.

We do events in LA everyvweek but it isn't enough. We're trying to gather the army size needed to win this state.

Okie RP fan
01-22-2012, 02:24 AM
You know, the States section of this forum could use an overhaul as well. I think if it were more user friendly, and in a more open area, more people would congregate to their state.

Not necessarily a big deal, but it could definitely help.

wowrevolution
01-22-2012, 02:26 AM
1. Identify our infrastructure assets
2. Identify enemy infrastructure assets

By enemy I mean the entire enemy infrastructure.
Including their counterfeiting operations
Monopoly on Media
Nationwide AM radio infrastructure

I believe their nationwide radio influence is their weak point. The masses want an avenue to politics while they are driving. This captivated audience of motorists allows them to 'normalize' support for fringe candidates like Gingrich and Santorum.

We can use an assymetric network of AM radio transmitters linked through the Internet to compete given the assistance of the grassroots.

The next stage will be content.

The only way to defeat their machine will be a machine of our own. We do not have much time, we must act quickly. We first need a server to interlink web ready AM transmitters and licensing fees and a staff of volunteers to produce content.

We need our own Guerrila Radio Network

abstrusezincate
01-22-2012, 02:31 AM
The most effective guerilla campaigning I've ever seen is always very personal. How you handle the details is up to you, but you pick five to ten people, and you work at them until they are convinced. Freedom sells. Then you ask each of them to convince five people.

Most people vote what the people close to them vote, because that is how they determine what is acceptable. You want to win an election; it doesn't happen on YouTube, Twitter, or Facebook. It happens at the dinner table, on the car ride, and over the phone with someone you know. Don't go for the political people; go for the people who aren't political, and trust that they'll trust you.

If you're a political type naturally, stress how you've followed this. If you're not, say how you were inspired. Find your angle, get them to care, and ask them to do the same, for their own sake. That's what you can do, and each and every person can do this.

I've probably shifted forty people in the last few years to vote for Paul this way and it really does work.

Mark37snj
01-22-2012, 02:31 AM
This thread is very needed. Just woke up and before I even hit the computer I was thinking of things we could do. Here is what I came up with:
1) We need a MAP - one that shows Ron Paul's support based on several criteria and given a scale of say .1 - 1.0

.....a) Age demographic, a state with more younger people will be good for us and states like Florida will not
.....b) Religion, some religions we do well with some we don't
.....c) Military Industrial Complex
.....d) Military Personel
.....e) Income Level
.....f) Sex - male-female, Alaska should be good for us
.....g) Concervative-Independent-Liberal leaning
.....h) Peace Mongering-War Mongering
.....i) Caucus, Primary
.....j) Open, Closed, Semi Open
.....k) Issues
.....l) etc

We simply give each stat its value and average them to give us an overall value of how friendly this state is to us. It will also show what areas we need to specifically address.

Okie RP fan
01-22-2012, 02:33 AM
This thread is very needed. Just woke up and before I even hit the computer I was thinking of things we could do. Here is what I came up with:
1) We need a MAP - one that shows Ron Paul's support based on several criteria and given a scale of say .1 - 1.0

.....a) Age demographic, a state with more younger people will be good for us and states like Florida will not
.....b) Religion, some religions we do well with some we don't
.....c) Military Industrial Complex
.....d) Military Personel
.....e) Income Level
.....f) Sex - male-female, Alaska should be good for us
.....g) Concervative-Independent-Liberal leaning
.....h) Peace Mongering-War Mongering
.....i) Caucus, Primary
.....j) Open, Closed, Semi Open
.....k) Issues
.....l) etc

We simply give each stat its value and average them to give us an overall value of how friendly this state is to us. It will also show what areas we need to specifically address.

Something like this may take some time, and how are we to obtain such detailed information?

Good idea, but, this would have been great if done over the Summer to use for IA, NH, and SC.

I mean, there is still enough time that something like this could be used... may be tough, though.

wowrevolution
01-22-2012, 02:39 AM
We need a centralized site to organize a Guerrila radio effort. People could be encouraged to get AM radio transmitters and then jack in to a Liberty Radio Network website allowing us nationwide transmission.

This has to be a high priority. This is a movement. It needs to start acting like one and fast.

eleganz
01-22-2012, 02:40 AM
You know, the States section of this forum could use an overhaul as well. I think if it were more user friendly, and in a more open area, more people would congregate to their state.

Not necessarily a big deal, but it could definitely help.

I don't believe there is anything really WRONG with the local forums, per se.

It is just that everybody congregates in the large forums and it has always been this way. We all think that NONE of us will use the locals so we are forced to post everything here just to get a decent view and a response.

It is sad and I wish we could (or the moderators) could do more to get us involved LOCALLY, everybody should be posting in local forums...and that is my personal opinion.

Mark37snj
01-22-2012, 02:45 AM
We need a centralized site to organize a Guerrila radio effort. People could be encouraged to get AM radio transmitters and then jack in to a Liberty Radio Network website allowing us nationwide transmission.

This has to be a high priority. This is a movement. It needs to start acting like one and fast.

What about getting a group together to regularly hit radio talk shows when they have call in's? They will target the syndicated and the local state stations that are in play at the moment.

Mark37snj
01-22-2012, 02:49 AM
Something like this may take some time, and how are we to obtain such detailed information?

Good idea, but, this would have been great if done over the Summer to use for IA, NH, and SC.

I mean, there is still enough time that something like this could be used... may be tough, though.

Im just gona google it today, give me a bit of time to see what I come up with. I have NO computer graphics abilities to make the map if I do some Im gona need help from someone who can.

parocks
01-22-2012, 02:49 AM

No, it isn't obvious. Money is needed on the ground, to the meetup group, or whatever the organizational structure might be. At the county level, let's say.

The superbrochure money should be going to the county level.

The superbrochure should pretty much stop, and reconfigure itself as a method to get money to the county level.

1) The superbrochures are very controversial, (some say) the campaign wants nothing to do with them. So, the following idea should be compared to "no brochures at all", not to "let's give the government hundreds of thousands of dollars".

2) RPP should be reaching out to the locals on the website. "Delivery wanted." Can you, or your meetup, or someone in your county, deliver these superbrochures,
to this set of supervoters, with this money, to any and all precincts?" If, so, contact us, and we will add the precincts that you can do to our list.
When the precinct that you said you could do is purchased, the brochures, the list of supervoters, and the delivery money will be sent to the county contact.

One Maine county has approx 2800 supervoters, and it costs $1400 to mail them out. The county coordinator would know which of the precincts could be covered (ALL?). If someone buys those precincts, give 70% to the county, and keep 30% for printing, etc.

The county gets $1000, enough money to do 1,2,3 events geared toward getting our base 18-29 male to the polls. They also get superbrochures, which some say are good for face to face, they're given a list of houses to go to, that might be better than the information that the county coordinator has.

goldwater's ghost
01-22-2012, 03:16 AM
in terms of foreign policy, ron paul should stress how we simply cant afford the foreign presence anymore. keep tying it to the 16 trillion dollar debt. do not stray into blowback and empire. its over the average voters head. put the truth bombs away until you're a president and then they can see the wisdom of it in action. also you may want to state clearly that if americans are killed they will be avenged. i think people want to be reassured of that. doesnt mean invasion but make it clear they will be dealt with

in terms of the older people i would like to see him make the case that you can either start to bring the debt down now and keep your benfits or you can do nothing and let the debt get so large that the only solution will be to end medicare and social security completely and with no warning. do it now and you wont feel pain. do nothing and risk having it ripped away from you in four or eight years

if ron paul cant make the case, i think people on the ground should. i think the marketing should

milo10
01-22-2012, 05:26 AM
Lots of great ideas!

What I think is key is that we have a PAC that runs ads that are actually effective. We don't need Serial Hypocrisy #27 by the time we hit Super Tuesday. We need similarly high-quality TV ads stressing electability, strong defense/effective foreign policy, and the preservation of Social Security. Honestly, we need press conferences, roundtables, and videos of all of those things as well.

cindy25
01-22-2012, 06:08 AM
Please, people, cheer up! :D This is just getting started!

We need to start streamlining our message and set some criteria to follow until Nevada. As we know we are just letting Florida go it's way. We can be more effective going into Nevada, Minnesota, etc. I am a newcomer and new to this whole process, but by reading some threads and making my own observations, I feel we really need to reorganize right now and set some criteria that we can agree on for the next couple weeks.

So, what points and how should we go about conveying those points for the next two weeks or so?

Here are some that I believe we need to touch on:

-Media blackout. It is extremely obvious that the entire MSM is back to ignoring Dr. Paul again. We MUST combat this and be vigilant. It's time we all step up and start using the "Media Spin" thread to organize the MSM's blackouts and/or other misconceptions (lies) about the good doctor. From there, we can effectively group and contact the media outlets.

-Foreign Policy. It's what is killing us, and we all know this. We must continue pushing in what ways we can to explain to everyone we can, on the Internet, and in person, to explain the honest and true position. Also, know your audience.

-Projection. Can't think of another word to use for this, but we need to return to how we were operating during the Summer: humbly. We need to get back to our roots and act mature, wise, and calm. Act as Dr. Paul would.

So, what does everyone think? Please post your thoughts and ideas and we will discuss. I really do think we need to regroup at this point, and hopefully many of you agree. Please, discuss!

Others mentioned from other posters:

-Facebook organization! Start groups on Facebook, create and run ads through it also.

-Local organization. Please search your way through sites such as meetup or Facebook to get in touch with local Ron Paul supporters. This should be a top priority, as it may also prove critical to the delegate process!

include SOPA, internet censorship
the public understands this, and hates Obama for siding with Hollywood

rnestam
01-22-2012, 06:21 AM
Rev PAC needs to release an ad WITH falsehoods is it on purpose saying it is MATHEMATICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for newt and rick to win enough delagates so "WHAT ARE THEY UP TOO?....ARE THEY ACTUALLY WORKING FOR ROMNEY?"

....it will be a story if we make it one. but typing it and being honest will not make it happen....so what if the media proves it CAN be done, they will have to talk about it to correct us one it........marketing has been aweful.

Okie RP fan
01-22-2012, 10:53 AM
What about getting a group together to regularly hit radio talk shows when they have call in's? They will target the syndicated and the local state stations that are in play at the moment.

This is something that we should all try on our own every day. More specifically, trying to hit up local radio stations and establishing good relationships with them. Just have fun arguments with valid facts ready to use.

Im just gona google it today, give me a bit of time to see what I come up with. I have NO computer graphics abilities to make the map if I do some Im gona need help from someone who can.

Ok, good luck.