PDA

View Full Version : Cpl Jesse Thorsen speaks out for Ron Paul despite US Army censorship

row333au
01-22-2012, 01:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs6-sQ3kuD8&feature=related

jamezelle
01-22-2012, 01:10 AM
this needs to go viral

alucard13mmfmj
01-22-2012, 01:28 AM
good man good man. risking it all to get his message out. he is sacrificing a lot. i hope ron paul will help thorsen out if the military keeps picking on him.

libertarian4321
01-22-2012, 01:48 AM
I agree with what the CPL is saying politically.

However, he IS violating the military rules for active duty personnel and the old military officer in me says he needs to take a step back and consider what is at stake.

Active duty folks have some ability to participate in the political process, but it is severely limited. There are a lot of things that civilians take for granted that we give up when we join the military, especially those on active duty. Making videos for public display in support of a candidate, as I read the directive, is not allowed.

If he wants to get heavily involved, he probably needs to get off active duty, as reservists have far more latitude when it comes to politics- what he is doing is fine for a reservist, but not for an active duty soldier.

Maybe he doesn't really care about his job/career. He has 10 years in the military, and is only a CPL, so it doesn't look like he's going to be able to make a career of the military anyway. However, he needs to be careful, or he could end up getting discharged with something other than honorable status, and that will have a negative affect on him for the rest of his life- it will hurt him in getting employment, getting VA benefits, etc.

I know this isn't going to be popular on these forums, but if I knew this soldier, I'd advise him to cool it. He isn't going to have any real effect on the election, and he could end up seriously fucking himself for decades to come.

DealzOnWheelz
01-22-2012, 01:58 AM
bump

affa
01-22-2012, 01:59 AM
However, he needs to be careful, or he could end up getting discharged with something other than honorable status, and that will have a negative affect on him for the rest of his life- it will hurt him in getting employment, getting VA benefits, etc.

Speaking out when it can cost you is something to be proud of. I for one, respect the man for that.

And something tells me he has an army of people back home that will help him get a job if it comes down to that.

libertarian4321
01-22-2012, 02:09 AM
Speaking out when it can cost you is something to be proud of. I for one, respect the man for that.

And something tells me he has an army of people back home that will help him get a job if it comes down to that.

If it will make a difference, perhaps.

But making a Youtube video with a few thousand hits, almost all of whom are from the "choir" (people who are already Ron Paul fans), ain't going to change the election. Getting a less than honorable (or worse, dishonorable) discharge from the military is NOT a good thing. It can fuck you over in hundreds of ways.

He's an adult. He can make his own choice, but I'd hate to see the kid screw himself just to make (yet another) Youtube video that will be watched by almost no one but people who already support Ron Paul.

TheLasersShadow
01-22-2012, 03:38 AM
Tweet it, Facebook it, Digg it, Reddit!

This guys on point, send this to that guy we all know in our lives who says he agrees with everything RP says except on FP... Don't thank the troops for their service, listen to them!!