PDA

View Full Version : The Convention Fix

PierzStyx
01-21-2012, 11:02 PM
Gingrich and Santorum are not going to, and cannot be, the Republican nominee for President. They are literally unable to win. They are not on the ballot for 500 delegates worth of states. Without them tehy cannot win. So why are they in? All they are doing is blowing money. So why stay? I have a theory.

My theory is simple. We all acknowledge Santorum and Gingrich are party men. They are big government neocon liberals wearing the clothing of "conservatives" who will do what the Party asks. The party bosses know the Doctor is working towards a convention where he can win a mass of delegates on Super Tuesday and go into the convention and broker a nomination for the Presidential nominee. So what does this have to do with the Doctor? My theory is that its all about the delegates. Santorum and Gingrich aren't there to win enough delegates to be nominated, but to win enough delegates that if it does come to a brokered convention then they can throw all their delegates behind Romney and give him enough to defeat the Doctor. After all they're all basically the same, so why wouldn't they want Romney to win? It makes sense to me. It explains to me why they are staying in the race even though they know they can't win. Its not about winning. Its about fixing the convention so the Doctor can't win.

As I said, its only a theory. I feel that its sound though. What do y'all think?

schiffheadbaby
01-21-2012, 11:04 PM
Gingrich and Santorum are not going to, and cannot be, the Republican nominee for President. They are literally unable to win. They are not on the ballot for 500 delegates worth of states. Without them tehy cannot win. So why are they in? All they are doing is blowing money. So why stay? I have a theory.

My theory is simple. We all acknowledge Santorum and Gingrich are party men. They are big government neocon liberals wearing the clothing of "conservatives" who will do what the Party asks. The party bosses know the Doctor is working towards a convention where he can win a mass of delegates on Super Tuesday and go into the convention and broker a nomination for the Presidential nominee. So what does this have to do with the Doctor? My theory is that its all about the delegates. Santorum and Gingrich aren't there to win enough delegates to be nominated, but to win enough delegates that if it does come to a brokered convention then they can throw all their delegates behind Romney and give him enough to defeat the Doctor. After all they're all basically the same, so why wouldn't they want Romney to win? It makes sense to me. It explains to me why they are staying in the race even though they know they can't win. Its not about winning. Its about fixing the convention so the Doctor can't win.

As I said, its only a theory. I feel that its sound though. What do y'all think?

spot on, although newt has some influential backers. I think he might do well, but I hope he doesn't do well in Northeast or Midwest

PierzStyx
01-21-2012, 11:11 PM
I think the Northeast in Romney's territory. The Midwest will be interesting though. Romney undoubtedly is counting on the Mormons in Utah, Wyoming, and Idaho to come out for him. But he will draw the hardcore neocons as well, splitting Gingrich's strongest base. The Doctor is looking for the old right small government conservatives and individualists to come out for him, of which there are a lot in the Midwest. I think that is why the Doctor is really going to dedicate himself to working that area over. I think he smells a way to victory with his biggest two rivals split. But that is only in the states where Gingrich is on the ballot. He isn't on all of them. I think the Doctor is getting the jump on Romney to get the early solid lead.

mmadness
01-22-2012, 01:44 AM
Also you have to remember that Dr. Paul "doesn't play". By that I mean, Dr. Paul is incorruptible. He doesn't cut deals and he doesn't sell out. All the other candidates know that. So when it comes time to deal in a brokered convention, they know Romney will deal. That's why it's important we do the work and get our people to the delegate spots. Once that first ballot passes without a clear winner, it's a FFA... hehe.

ryanmkeisling
01-22-2012, 01:53 AM
I think the Northeast in Romney's territory. The Midwest will be interesting though. Romney undoubtedly is counting on the Mormons in Utah, Wyoming, and Idaho to come out for him. But he will draw the hardcore neocons as well, splitting Gingrich's strongest base. The Doctor is looking for the old right small government conservatives and individualists to come out for him, of which there are a lot in the Midwest. I think that is why the Doctor is really going to dedicate himself to working that area over. I think he smells a way to victory with his biggest two rivals split. But that is only in the states where Gingrich is on the ballot. He isn't on all of them. I think the Doctor is getting the jump on Romney to get the early solid lead.

This may be the strategy. Don't forget the Mormons in Nevada. Also Paul is drawing sensible Mormons. They are entirely corrupt (GOP) and are manipulating this election.

Edward
01-22-2012, 01:57 AM
Gingrich and Santorum are not going to, and cannot be, the Republican nominee for President. They are literally unable to win. They are not on the ballot for 500 delegates worth of states.

I'm aware of Doug Wead's comment, but can someone provide a link for the math for this? I'm actually a bit skeptical right now.

Mark37snj
01-22-2012, 05:18 AM
I think the reason they are staying in is to stop Ron Paul and the movement. Face it, if it was just Ron and Mittens, Ron would be getting ALOT more attention and his Liberty message would be converting alot more people. They are diluting our impact by staying in. Right now the media is busy spinning the other 3 but if it was just Paul and Mittens the media would not be able to continue the blatent bias against Paul and we would be picking up alot more delegates as gaining momentum quickly. This is Ron Pauls strategy of sticking in there till there are only 2 standing and the GOP establishiment is doing everything they can to derail us before we get there. So we need to buckel down, stop being pessimistic, and realise...WEVE ONLY JUST BEGUN!!!!

xtra fox
01-22-2012, 06:49 AM
I'm aware of Doug Wead's comment, but can someone provide a link for the math for this? I'm actually a bit skeptical right now.

I agree. It's not enough to just say "500 delegates". We need specifics.

My concern is, if this were true CNN and MSNBC would've exploited it by now.

Paul Revered
01-23-2012, 09:27 PM
Yes, I'd like to see the math.