PDA

View Full Version : We should have trademarked 'moneybomb' in 2007.

Kandilynn
01-21-2012, 10:31 PM
Am I the only one that gets really frustrated when other campaigns and groups use 'Tea Party' and 'moneybomb'?

AlexG
01-21-2012, 10:32 PM
Yes.

unknown
01-21-2012, 10:32 PM
You aint kiddin.

Or I should have.

Edward
01-21-2012, 10:34 PM
I am afraid that we are putting too much emphasis on moneybombs nowadays.

opinionatedfool
01-21-2012, 10:35 PM
Yeah, I guess now grinch is using the term.

sirachman
01-21-2012, 10:40 PM
removed

ChrisDixon
01-21-2012, 10:40 PM
Am I the only one that gets really frustrated when other campaigns and groups use 'Tea Party' and 'moneybomb'?

What does it matter? The term "moneybomb" isn't going to make or break an election.

eric4186
01-21-2012, 11:50 PM
meh, it's just a word. it sucks but people are free to use it. If we wanted to enforce a trademark or copyright on it then we're no better than the government telling us how to live our lives or viacom taking down "copyright infringed" youtube videos.

speaking of this kind of stuff, does anyone else wish copyright reform would become a major political issue? I can't believe how many people I hear on the internet saying they're for stopping piracy. Seriously? Copyright law is bullshit and needs reformation. People should be able to do whatever they want with their property. If you record something you see on tv and make a copy of it to give to a friend there shouldn't be anything wrong with that. if you photocopy some pages out of a book to share with a friend there shouldn't be anything wrong with that. What's going on in the internet is just a large scale version of these kind of things. Technology advanced and now it's easy for us to share media with one another. The BUSINESSES should be the ones that have to deal with this. they have no right to just mold the internet into what they want it to be because it suits their business models. they should come up with new innovate ways to sell their product. New incentives to get us to buy physical copies. Maybe make cool album cases or have new incentives to see movies in theaters. They can't just scream "no fair" and try to block the freedom of the web.

just kind of a rant. I doubt RP or any major politician would ever take this up as a campaign issue, but we can hope at least.

libertybrewcity
01-22-2012, 12:16 AM
Yea, I just got an email from Gingrich about one.

Bruno
01-22-2012, 12:18 AM
Is it too late? If it has not already been trademarked, the perhaps not.

JimInNY
01-22-2012, 12:50 AM
It seems not even the Paul campaign of 2012 can repeat the success of the moneybombs of the 2008 campaign..

What this country needs is a good quality internet news stream made by liberty activists. It could go live once or more a week and report on the news and point out the inaccuracies and bs of the mainstream media as well as cover other nonpolitical issues 'normal' cable news does not cover.

I had an idea to create a "mainstream" looking news site, and actually include some main stream looking news, but use it to get people to let down their guard, thinking it is main stream, and then covertly infect them with libertarian ideals, cleverly disguised in "normal" looking articles.

I started to set up the site and some day I'm going to make it work:

USA Ledger News Website (http://usaledger.com/)

If anyone wants to get on board with this idea, just let me know.

Okie RP fan
01-22-2012, 12:50 AM
Rick Santorum and now Newt is having a money bomb.

playpianoking
01-22-2012, 01:56 AM
Must I register my trademark?

No. You can establish rights in a mark based on use of the mark in commerce, without a registration. However, owning a federal trademark registration on the Principal Register provides several important benefits.

We've used the mark in commerce. Sue Newt's campaign for everything he has left.