PDA

View Full Version : Truth about Piracy

Lishy
01-21-2012, 10:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tD1yaE0GfQ

Holy shit, apparently this is the truth about piracy and why Megaupload got taken down.

Bittorent is invested in by CORPORATE GIANTS! The same people attacking us for piracy are actually the ones funding piracy, as long as they can control it!

Also, lulz, is the U.S. Gov. going to trial me for uploading my own copyrighted work? It will be interesting since they think THEY can trial others for what others own.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-21-2012, 10:50 PM
I thought SOPA didn't pass, so if they're doing this without SOPA why do they need SOPA? So confused.

Lishy
01-21-2012, 11:21 PM
This was an on-going FBI case for years. SOPA would allow them to do it instantly without notice.

ShaneEnochs
01-21-2012, 11:25 PM
There are still anti-piracy laws. It's just with SOPA/PIPA, they don't really need any evidence.

DamianTV
01-22-2012, 08:49 AM
Piracy seems to hurt the middleman (the Publishers) the most, and their "Fight on Piracy" is part of their efforts to maintain their importance in a world that no longer needs Publishers. Oh, and for the record, the Publishers are the Real Pirates.

Sematary
01-22-2012, 08:54 AM
The truth about Piracy is they can't stop it any more than they can stop illegal drugs.