PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul MUST come up with a plan for Women and Seniors

RonPaul101.com
01-21-2012, 10:09 PM
You can't win getting such poor numbers from half of voters by gender and more than half of the voters by age.

RonPaul101.com
01-21-2012, 10:11 PM
And how does Newt Gingrich win women voters in SC? How?

schiffheadbaby
01-21-2012, 10:12 PM

because he brings out the values voters, duh! ha jk bro, fox pushes that fatass pretty far

unknown
01-21-2012, 10:13 PM
Ron Paul has done nothing wrong.

Theyve even stressed that no money will be trimmed from social security and medicare in the Trillion dollar cuts.

The media has begun the blackout once again.

It was obvious during the debate as they focused the camera on the three establishment minions.

It was obvious after the debate when RPs name was not mentioned.

And its obvious now, with their coverage saying that he came in 3rd in NH...

Does that mean its over? No.

We just need to raise more hell, spread the truth via the best tool we have: the internet and PFH, keep canvassing, keep promoting etc.

His national poll numbers are rising, dont forget that.

sirachman
01-21-2012, 10:18 PM
removed

Gary4Liberty
01-21-2012, 10:19 PM
Ron Paul has done nothing wrong.

Theyve even stressed that no money will be trimmed from social security and medicare in the Trillion dollar cuts.

The media has begun the blackout once again.

It was obvious during the debate as they focused the camera on the three establishment minions.

It was obvious after the debate when RPs name was not mentioned.

And its obvious now, with their coverage saying that he came in 3rd in NH...

Does that mean its over? No.

We just need to raise more hell, spread the truth via the best tool we have: the internet and PFH, keep canvassing, keep promoting etc.

His national poll numbers are rising, dont forget that.

Excellent POST!! If i could give rep or knew how I would.

Gary4Liberty
01-21-2012, 10:21 PM
You can't win getting such poor numbers from half of voters by gender and more than half of the voters by age.

Liberty is the common denominator. Women like liberty as much as men. Just need to show how liberty is going away without RP.

pastore1215
01-21-2012, 10:23 PM

Gingrich may be a creep....but he is STRONG! Women respond to strength.

Ron's frail voice and poor posture projects weakness...which is a big turnoff to women.

As for the seniors, Ron hurts himself with the "libertarian" label. GOP seniors want to hear the word "conservative"...not "libertarian", which they confuse with liberalism.

Greg Buchanan
01-21-2012, 10:29 PM
Ron needs to stress his tough stance on illegal immigration to appeal to older voters, he's failed to do so.

Ron will never do well with women, nurture is in their nature, and they feel government should reflect this.

walt
01-21-2012, 10:47 PM

Careful, I had my post deleted last time I said something logical like this....we need someone qualified to do that job (for the 10,000th time)

dillo
01-21-2012, 10:53 PM
Sorry but in my opinion the majority of women will never vote for a pro-life candidate

ssjevot
01-21-2012, 11:02 PM
Sorry but in my opinion the majority of women will never vote for a pro-life candidate

Well the numbers certainly aren't showing that, since Santorum does better with women than men, and overall women are about half the people voting in these primaries/caucuses.

Maximus
01-21-2012, 11:09 PM
We need a Carol Paul commercial. I have no idea why we haven't had one yet.

sailingaway
01-21-2012, 11:10 PM
He has it, he just doesn't advertise it.

Maximus
01-21-2012, 11:10 PM

Go to the March for Life and you'll see how wrong you are. This is an issue for the dems crossing over, not the GOP primary.

sailingaway
01-21-2012, 11:11 PM

lol!

dbill27
01-21-2012, 11:11 PM

Not at all true. The most hard core pro -lifers are often women, and at the other end of the spectrum the most hard core pro-choicers are often women. It's an issue dominated by women. But in the GOP primary, the more pro life the better.

Gary4Liberty
01-21-2012, 11:13 PM
Sorry but in my opinion the majority of women will never vote for a pro-life candidate Dont you think most women in this country have christian beliefs? I think the silent majority still opposes killing unborn people.

Dianne
01-21-2012, 11:14 PM
Stop It !!!! Ron Paul does not change one thing he does.. You don't understand what is taking shape in America... Do you really, in your wildest dreams... believe what happened tonight is real? Obama camp and their news media whores are owning America... Nooooooooooooo way in a million years Gingrich or Romney could ever beat Obama...

They, the government and their owned FAUX, CNN, MSNBC are just exciting us, and making us believe there is a real Presidential race... the fact is, they already pre-determined who would win the 2012 race and that is Obama.... The one monkey in the race is Paul, and they hate him for it... Who owns Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac? Obama does... who works for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, Newt does.. Who works on a think tank with the likes of Gloria Borger's husband, and Kristol and Krauthammer that is funded by Obama's Defense Department.... Newt...

If ever you can see voter fraud and suppression... it is here and now... all those running against obama are owned by obama... but he has a nice voice, lmao

South Carolina.. my one message to you tonight is you suck... My greatest wish is that you will lift your sorry asses up, and go serve in Iran... I want to see one of you in the Obama re-election campaign go serve this great country... starting with your Senator, Lindsey Graham... When you put your life where your heart is, I will believe you... Don't send my kids to die for your stupidity... let your kids die for my wisdom.

jclay2
01-21-2012, 11:14 PM
How any women voted for newt after the fiasco is beyond me.

milo10
01-21-2012, 11:33 PM
What are the objections to Ron Paul of women voters relative to men voters? My guess is concerns about electability are bigger with women than men, but I would like to hear other views.

Re seniors, we need a 30 second high quality TV ad for them showing that Ron is the only one who can save Social Security over the long-term. This has been brought up many times.

deputydon
01-21-2012, 11:35 PM
I think he needs to go on the offensive more. I know he's trying to be polite, but he needs to FORCE himself into the conversation. Show that he can be assertive.

He also needs to point out that Ronald Reagan loved his foreign policy views. And clearly speaking about how he is going going to make sure that everyone that has social security will continue the program and he will make sure they receive every penny they are due.

KingNothing
01-21-2012, 11:35 PM

How lucky for leaders that people are stupid.

Hook
01-21-2012, 11:42 PM

Because women forgive transgressions as long as the transgressor is an Alpha male. Betas would get pummeled for the same behavior.

Look at Bill Clinton, favorite of the feminists. Maria Schriver is thinking about going back to Arnold, even after his cheating. Women will move heaven and earth to stay with an Alpha asshole, but will leave a Beta in a second even if he is the perfect husband.

Read http://heartiste.wordpress.com/ for more insight into this.

So translating that to Ron, if he wants to get a majority of women, he has to project dominant body langugage. Since he isn't going to do that, he will need more men to make up the difference.

thoughtomator
01-21-2012, 11:43 PM
Two birds, one stone:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?354202-Direct-economic-arguments-to-older-voters

Hook
01-21-2012, 11:48 PM
Also see this paper from a Harvard professor on women's suffrage: http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~iversen/PDFfiles/LottKenny.pdf

This paper examines the growth of government during this century
as a result of giving women the right to vote. Using cross-sectional
time-series data for 1870–1940, we examine state government expenditures
and revenue as well as voting by U.S. House and Senate
state delegations and the passage of a wide range of different state
laws. Suffrage coincided with immediate increases in state government
expenditures and revenue and more liberal voting patterns
for federal representatives, and these effects continued growing
over time as more women took advantage of the franchise. Contrary
to many recent suggestions, the gender gap is not something
that has arisen since the 1970s, and it helps explain why American
government started growing when it did.

Hook
01-22-2012, 02:30 PM
Poor women also like the idea of government being a surrogate husband if things don't work out with their spouse.

dillo
01-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Dont you think most women in this country have christian beliefs? I think the silent majority still opposes killing unborn people.

christian=/ pro life

Jingles
01-23-2012, 06:08 PM
I don't find women to fall one way of the issue of abortion. They just tend to be very strong one way or the other on it.

I'm not really big one way or the other on it, but I lean pro-life. I just had an argument the other day with a very liberal girl carrying all the GOP candidates EVIL because they were all against abortion. So I proceeded to say, well there is one who is actually a good guy, I can understand if you disagree with him but he isn't evil... She was an Obama supporter. It was really odd bringing up how he is the only candidate that doesn't want to kill people around the world and would stop the murder of millions and abortion trumps this issue to you? She just gave me neocon arguments. But her whole judgement was "WELL IF THESE CHILDREN AREN'T WANTED THEY SHOULDN'T EXIST BECAUSE THEY WON'T GET RAISED PROPERLY!" This is why I lean pro-life, because its like... wow, so people shouldn't exist if you don't believe they had the proper upbringing? They can't get a shot at living? My parents got divorced when I was 2 and really didn't expect me. Does that mean I shouldn't exist?

Basically my argument with her went exactly like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD3Kn6A02Jo

For some women ABORTION is the issue. I know plenty of liberty girls that really don't care about the abortion issue to much (as a priority).

RonPaulMyPresident
01-23-2012, 06:10 PM
Geeting seniors to vote for Ron Paul will be tough because seniors don't usually use the internet, they get their news from Television and media hates us.

Duckman
01-23-2012, 06:13 PM
So women just respond to acting in an arrogant alpha dominant way? Hmm. I always thought men were the shallower sex? :D

Liberty1789
01-23-2012, 06:15 PM
I'll just copy here what I have just written in a different thread:

In votes cast so far, Paul is 20% amongst men, 16% amongst women. So equalizing means gaining 4% on 50% of the population, ie 2%.

Amongst voters younger than 40, he scored 34%, above 40 13%. Equalizing means gaining 16%!!! IT IS 8X MORE IMPORTANT !!!!

pinkmandy
01-23-2012, 06:25 PM
It isn't about the message, it's about marketers framing it in a way that catches their attention. I'm speaking generalities here (as I'm a woman and didn't need "special, targeted marketing") but other women simply aren't going to care about educating themselves on ending the fed as a big issue unless it's framed in a way that relates to their lives in a personal way. Instead of end the fed it should be shown why their grocery bill is going up, their health insurance costs have skyrocketed, their kids' tuition has gone through the roof, etc. I'd be happy to make some tubes (woman to woman, mother to mother types of vids) but haven't done it before so would like some tips, links to any software I'd need to download.

cheapseats
01-23-2012, 06:37 PM

It's like that.

Voluntary Man
01-23-2012, 06:48 PM
Excellent POST!! If i could give rep or knew how I would.

Click the Star of David under the post you want to give rep to.